ImageImageImage

Joel Embiid - The Prophecy is Realized

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Foshan, Sixerscan

youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 3,180

Re: Joel Embiid - The Prophecy is Realized 

Post#1681 » by youngcrev » Sat Nov 2, 2019 3:44 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:I wish Embiid would have shown some remorse by now. Not for offending KAT, but for his teammates and not being available these next 2 games. Every game matters this season. We should be aiming for home court in the Finals if we actually want to win while the league is wide open.

The team has doubled down on it as a team building thing. When your GM and coach back it, I think you just let it be. If anything I think he should apologize to KAT in private for some of the things he said.

2 games is nothing. Just think of it as part of his load management. He'll be at 76 minutes through 6 games of the season.
spikeslovechild
Head Coach
And1: 3,513

Post#1682 » by spikeslovechild » Sat Nov 2, 2019 9:57 pm

I am fine with what happened. Let Embiid be Embiid he's a modern Shaq he loves toying with guys on the court some laugh at it others take it personal but that is their problem.

The only thing I would be disappointed in if this kind of stuff happened in the playoffs but he's not dumb to the situation as we saw with Dudley and Siakam.
LeFraud: I have this platform, and I'm somebody that has a voice of command, and the only way for us to get better as a society and for us to get better as people is love. And that's the only way we're going to be able to conquer something as one.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 12,923

Post#1683 » by 76ciology » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:14 am

Havent looked at the numbers. But embiid’s shooting and bullyball looks improved.
Twitter: Pjeffersonlim| S i x e r s |
¨Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.¨
- Marcus Aurelius
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 11,831

Post#1684 » by Kobblehead » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:47 am

The 16 footer has been automatic and is not something that he shot a lot last year. Embiid has unusually good touch but he's a poor three point shooter. So stepping inside the arc is a good move for him (Moreyball be damned).
VDT
Pro Prospect
And1: 514

Post#1685 » by VDT » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:46 am

I donnt think he is a bad shooter, even from the three point line. It is more like he has bad shot selection, he should stop shooting fadeaways or 3s when his feet are not set.

Still i am sceptical with him more perimeter oriented. It certainly helps with our spacing issues and makes his fit with Simmons and Horford a little bit better, but i have a hard time seeing how our offense would work in the playoffs. You need someone that you give him the ball and tell him to score or create for his teammates and i dont see a jump shooting Embiid being that guy consistently.
phillynative
Veteran
And1: 431

Post#1686 » by phillynative » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:49 pm

Kobblehead wrote:The 16 footer has been automatic and is not something that he shot a lot last year. Embiid has unusually good touch but he's a poor three point shooter. So stepping inside the arc is a good move for him (Moreyball be damned).

He has always been a pretty good shooter from there with his feet set. Thats why i never understood why they never ran more pick and pop sets for him
GeorgeMarcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 15,725

Post#1687 » by GeorgeMarcus » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:14 am

Food for thought:
- The Sixers allowed 107 or less points in regulation 15 of 19 games this season; Embiid played in all of them.
- The Sixers allowed 111+ points in regulation the other 4 games; Embiid didn't play in any of them.

Average with Embiid: 98.9pts/regulation
Average without Embiid: 116.3pts/regulation

I say "regulation" because the OT game against OKC would have fudged the results. Pretty amazing stuff regardless. Some people need to ease up on the "eye test" assessment and recognize his glaring impact on this team. His on/off has been double-digit positive every season, and he's never been outscored in a playoff series. Last year he played 7 of 11 playoff games against the eventual Champs, in a series he looked like poop offensively, and somehow still put up a triple-digit positive +/-. Compared to the triple-digit negative +/- when he was off the court... Just amazing.
"In my hood, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph

The Legend of George Marcus

Return to Philadelphia 76ers