ImageImageImage

Sixers vs Heats 1st rd

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

JojoSlimbiid
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,229

Re: Sixers vs Heats 1st rd 

Post#181 » by JojoSlimbiid » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:32 am

Truth be told this seemed like the exact type of game Embiid would do poorly in offensively. Turning over the ball and trying to make the match-up personal when the entire team is out of rhythm. Defensively is another story entirely though
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,605

Post#182 » by FireMorey » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:37 am

He's probably confused. They allowed him to play 3 overtimes against OKC with an ailing back. All season they have deferred to Jojo and if he tells them he's feeling good they usually give him the thumbs up. Now, they aren't allowing him to play. I get that a broken bone is worse than a strain in terms of severity, but a back is a back and anyone with back issues knows there's nothing like it in terms of severity. And they allowed him to play through it. There just doesn't seem to be any consistency with this staff on when they let him play and don't let him play. Especially when he cleared the concussion tests and his eyesight is fine.
JojoSlimbiid
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,229

Post#183 » by JojoSlimbiid » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:49 am

I think it's pretty obvious the team thought it could get away without playing him. Probably would of miss game 3 if they won tonight by a decent enough margin. Pretty reckless to be playing with playoff games like that.
ivysixer2000
General Manager
And1: 2,040

Post#184 » by ivysixer2000 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:51 am

Well this is a series thread right, glad we are humbled.

We can't win without Jojo. I'm just tired of reading posts otherwise. I'm happy to see what Ben can do, but he is passing to role players, we need him and Jojo.

We can't end this series quickly without Jojo. Jojo could run back and forth, but make sure he is back on the defensive end and win this series. We need Jojo, and don't forget it. Let Ben grow into Magic 1-5, but right now and for like the next ummmm whenever he comes back with the mask, its Jojo.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,569

Post#185 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:52 am

Read on Twitter

This real?
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#186 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:55 am

ivysixer2000 wrote:Well this is a series thread right, glad we are humbled.

We can't win without Jojo. I'm just tired of reading posts otherwise. I'm happy to see what Ben can do, but he is passing to role players, we need him and Jojo.

We can't end this series quickly without Jojo. Jojo could run back and forth, but make sure he is back on the defensive end and win this series. We need Jojo, and don't forget it. Let Ben grow into Magic 1-5, but right now and for like the next ummmm whenever he comes back with the mask, its Jojo.

So who’s alpha?
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
ivysixer2000
General Manager
And1: 2,040

Post#187 » by ivysixer2000 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:09 am

76ciology wrote:

So who’s alpha?

Me.

I pledged Alpha.......yep I did.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#188 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:45 am

Embiid matter. Because in games like these when your 3 doesnt drop. You then shift your game by letting your star take over the offense while playing elite D on the other end.

It was around an 8 pt loss. But i feel that we could easily countered heat’s run if only have an embiid unit to counter that Dragic-j.johnson-Josh Richardson-Olynyk. We get consistent scoring from Embiid then have him provide elite defensive impact
76ciology
RealGM

Post#189 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:02 am

BigSleep333
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,632

Post#190 » by BigSleep333 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:03 am

76ciology wrote:Embiid matter.

Rocketsbaby
Sixth Man
And1: 1,114

Post#191 » by Rocketsbaby » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:45 am

SexDrugsPnR wrote:
76ciology wrote:I doubt NBA wants a Celtics-Heat series filled of spare tires. Giannis vs Ben vs LeBron would be a better storyline.

Hell.. I feel like Cavs vs Rox or GSW also would be bad for ratings. That is unless Cavs have an extra gear or two for the play-offs.

Sixers may get swept by GSW but Sixers is must see basketball right now. Everybody wants something new.

If NBA wants you to go to the finals, you can play physical defense and set illegal screens.That is BIG for us.

Illegal screens is NBA's gift to their favorites. It's the secret to great offense/teams.

You have too many conspiracy theories in your head. I doubt that the league would instruct referees not to call moving screens on certain teams or players. It might be something that happens subconsciously in the referees mind when certain teams have a reputation one way or another, but nobody is thinking about ratings in these situations.

That simply isnt true. The NBA has used selective officiating to promote certain teams/players for decades. David Stern was the Godfather of these policies.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#192 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:45 am

Rocketsbaby wrote:
SexDrugsPnR wrote:
76ciology wrote:I doubt NBA wants a Celtics-Heat series filled of spare tires. Giannis vs Ben vs LeBron would be a better storyline.

Hell.. I feel like Cavs vs Rox or GSW also would be bad for ratings. That is unless Cavs have an extra gear or two for the play-offs.

Sixers may get swept by GSW but Sixers is must see basketball right now. Everybody wants something new.

If NBA wants you to go to the finals, you can play physical defense and set illegal screens.That is BIG for us.

Illegal screens is NBA's gift to their favorites. It's the secret to great offense/teams.

You have too many conspiracy theories in your head. I doubt that the league would instruct referees not to call moving screens on certain teams or players. It might be something that happens subconsciously in the referees mind when certain teams have a reputation one way or another, but nobody is thinking about ratings in these situations.

That simply isnt true. The NBA has used selective officiating to promote certain teams/players for decades. David Stern was the Godfather of these policies.

I hate to say it but seems like the league punished the sixers by not playing biid. They were allowed to play super physical on the shooters. And if you look around, the sentiment from the Sixers fan is the need for Biid to play next game.
Dundalis
Senior
And1: 543

Post#193 » by Dundalis » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:25 am

Sorry but I completely disagree, this team could easily take this series without Embiid. Did you really expect a sweep? I still don't think Embiid guarantees a win here. He provides different options and solutions, but it's also the type of game where his flaws tend to show themselves. People overreact way too much to one game.

Thankfully they likely won't have to win it without him. Obviously having your best players play gives you the best chance of winning. That's not news.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#194 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:32 am

One thing we gain in the g2 is the hedging and trapping on defense. We used it in the fourth that lead to the 16 something run. It prevents us from switching a weak defender on wade.

Wade said in post game that aside from challenging shots. They changed their D by pressuring the passer, such as the late steal he had on Saric where he thought Saric was in a bad position to make a tough pass. And asking their bigs to step more out at the perimeter to challenge shots compared to game 1.
Kolkmania
Analyst
And1: 1,664

Post#195 » by Kolkmania » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:03 am

76ciology wrote:One thing we gain in the g2 is the hedging and trapping on defense. We used it in the fourth that lead to the 16 something run. It prevents us from switching a weak defender on wade.

Wade said in post game that aside from challenging shots. They changed their D by pressuring the passer, such as the late steal he had on Saric where he thought Saric was in a bad position to make a tough pass. And asking their bigs to step more out at the perimeter to challenge shots compared to game 1.

Thought that the decision to hedge this drastically was horrible. Got Wade that easy assist and it lead to us scrambling all over the floor. I'd rather play a switched Saric Wade one-on-one with guys digging in on his drives than those hedges.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#196 » by kuclas » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:41 am

Game plan for heat is pretty obvious (besides the body check on Ben, guarding him right and not giving him space. ). But I also think the other game the heat want is to just to ben beat them by scoring himself. They can live with that. Since that means he is not passing the ball out to the 3 point shooters.

Frankly. Miami doesn’t have enough firepower. I didn’t think Miami offense wasn’t that good.

Embiid being back is a different beast. Miami can’t play that same type of defense since embiid is their iso/hero ball player.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#197 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:24 pm

kuclas wrote:Game plan for heat is pretty obvious (besides the body check on Ben, guarding him right and not giving him space. ). But I also think the other game the heat want is to just to ben beat them by scoring himself. They can live with that. Since that means he is not passing the ball out to the 3 point shooters.

That.

..and defenders sagging off means his hand-off to shooter will be more effective because his man will have a tougher time to help the shooter.

Pressuring him (and all our passers) also makes it tough for him to pass to the shooter, another thing that wade said during post game.

To add 13 out of our 34 3pt attempts were wideopen and we shot 38% out of it. We shot 2 of 7 on open 3s. But like 14 of them are considered contested.
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#198 » by XDevilBoiX » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:35 pm

Let’s see if Brett changes his game plan for gm3, then we’ll see how good he is. I liked how they made a run in the fourth instead of backing down. Just stupid shot selections and costly turnovers lost us the game.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#199 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:42 pm

XDevilBoiX wrote:Let’s see if Brett changes his game plan for gm3, then we’ll see how good he is. I liked how they made a run in the fourth instead of backing down. Just stupid shot selections and costly turnovers lost us the game.

That run was fueled by gambles and ended with gambles
GWPhilly34
Sophomore
And1: 47

Post#200 » by GWPhilly34 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:43 pm

Kelly Olynyk is now my least favorite player... He was great in ghostbusters though.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers