ImageImageImage

Sixers vs Heats 1st rd

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

gdog2004
Starter
And1: 706

Re: Sixers vs Heats 1st rd 

Post#201 » by gdog2004 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:05 pm

The Sixers shooters were on FIRE in game one, and came back down to earth last night. As a result, they lost the game.
Is it any more simple than that ? That and Fultz looked awful in his short stint. They were starting to roll along pretty good and that ended when he came in.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#202 » by kuclas » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:09 pm

gdog2004 wrote:The Sixers shooters were on FIRE in game one, and came back down to earth last night. As a result, they lost the game.
Is it any more simple than that ? That and Fultz looked awful in his short stint. They were starting to roll along pretty good and that ended when he came in.

But let’s give Miami credit also. They played more physical. Tighter defense. Lots of fouls called. Plus lots of non fouls. Miami made it their type of game. They have to. Case in point. Shot clock violation in 4th quarter as sixers coming back when sixers couldn’t get off a 3 point shot. Or Miami defenders blocking sixers jump shots and layups. Just better defense by Miami. Their starters offensive still sucked. Miami just saved by their bench and wade.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#203 » by Ericb5 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:09 pm

Last night we lost because our shooters were cold, we had too much Wade, and too little Embiid.

Wade was a superstar last night. He can't do it every night anymore, but he did it last night. He was awesome.

If we had Embiid though we would have won the game. It was a great teachable moment for our young guys. I thought Barkley said it best at half time. You had to know that the Heat were going to punch us in the mouth after that last game.

We were down 2 with the ball with under about 3 and a half minutes last night, and then Wade made a few plays. We were right there. If Embiid comes back on Thursday, and plays reasonably well, I predict that we win both games in Miami, and then wrap it up back in Philly in game 5.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,532

Post#204 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:20 pm

So heat’s solution to kill our passing and 3pt game is to overdrive their defensive pressure on our passers (Saric and Biid). Doing also allows better 3pt defense than sagging off.

BB’s job is to make the defense pay if teams opts to do that to us. And this defensive trend might continue to later rounds.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,828

Post#205 » by XtremeDunkz » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:51 pm

The way Miami played D last night is how the Seahawks play pass defense. Play rough every play, the refs aint gonna call it every time.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#206 » by Unbreakable99 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:58 pm

I don’t know about the rest of you but I’m happy seeing the Heat play Simmons 94 ft and playing him very close and not sagging off him. Every team in the playoffs will play him this way now. I want to see how he responds to constant pressure. He responded pretty well last night. I want to see how he does it throughout a playoff run. Teams will play just like Miami. No more sagging. No more letting him bring it up court with no pressure. Teams wanting him to be the one to score instead of pass. This is a big test I want to see.
aHealthy3
Rookie
And1: 301

Post#207 » by aHealthy3 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:01 pm

This feels personal now. Can't stand teams who play dirty because their only chance at staying competitive is junking up the game. They kind of remind me of the 2012 Sixers actually.
Sam Hinkie wrote:The illusion of control is an opiate, though.
Unbreakable99
General Manager

Post#208 » by Unbreakable99 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:08 pm

DikembeFor3 wrote:This feels personal now. Can't stand teams who play dirty because their only chance at staying competitive is junking up the game. They kind of remind me of the 2012 Sixers actually.

I don’t think they were dirty. It’s playoff basketball. The Sixers better match their intensity.
aHealthy3
Rookie

Post#209 » by aHealthy3 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:10 pm

Unbreakable99 wrote:
DikembeFor3 wrote:This feels personal now. Can't stand teams who play dirty because their only chance at staying competitive is junking up the game. They kind of remind me of the 2012 Sixers actually.

I don’t think they were dirty. It’s playoff basketball. The Sixers better match their intensity.

Olynyk is dirty for sure. I'm sure you've seen the gif floating around of him throwing an elbow at Ben during a dead ball.
Unbreakable99
General Manager

Post#210 » by Unbreakable99 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:17 pm

DikembeFor3 wrote:
Unbreakable99 wrote:

Olynyk is dirty for sure. I'm sure you've seen the gif floating around of him throwing an elbow at Ben during a dead ball.

I saw it. One play. One guy. Man up. The Sixers need to play through it.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,828

Post#211 » by XtremeDunkz » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:20 pm

Unbreakable99 wrote:
DikembeFor3 wrote:
Unbreakable99 wrote:

I just hate how stupid things like Bens push off are reviewed for a flagrant yet when a guy is driving you can bear hug him behind the back and swing him around and that is "a basketball play". Those fouls used to piss me off when I played too.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
aHealthy3
Rookie

Post#212 » by aHealthy3 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:22 pm

Unbreakable99 wrote:
DikembeFor3 wrote:
Unbreakable99 wrote:

And they will. Perhaps dirty wasn't the word I was looking for, but things like Winslow talking **** to Ben, Dragic running up the score after the game is decided, Olynyk's antics amongst others really rub me the wrong way and I'd love nothing more than to beat the brakes off Miami now. Not making excuses for us.
JojoSlimbiid
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,229

Post#213 » by JojoSlimbiid » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:39 pm

I guarantee that Embiid takes a shot to the face in one of these games and it will be 100% intentional.
Unbreakable99
General Manager

Post#214 » by Unbreakable99 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:39 pm

DikembeFor3 wrote:
Unbreakable99 wrote:
DikembeFor3 wrote:

And they will. Perhaps dirty wasn't the word I was looking for, but things like Winslow talking **** to Ben, Dragic running up the score after the game is decided, Olynyk's antics amongst others really rub me the wrong way and I'd love nothing more than to beat the brakes off Miami now. Not making excuses for us.

All players talk trash. Ben does it. So far Ben has remained steady and kept his cool. I appreciate how Miami is playing. The way they are playing is what everyone will say is the blueprint for slowing Ben down and beating the Sixers. If we can’t beat that then every team will continue to do it. This is good for us. I want them to maul Ben even more in game 3. Make it very tough for him to bring the ball up and be a playmaker. This will help Ben in the offseason.
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,601

Post#215 » by FireMorey » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:54 pm

JojoSlimbiid wrote:I guarantee that Embiid takes a shot to the face in one of these games and it will be 100% intentional.

The player would get a lengthy suspension and massive fine. I'm not sure they'd want to risk that.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#216 » by Sixerscan » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:56 pm

I don't get why Winslow can hand and body check Simmons 10 straight times down the court and it only get called twice. Either it's a foul or it isn't. Calling the fouls 2/10 times isn't "playoff basketball" it's being inconsistent. The Heat racked up fouls in the first but they basically counted on the refs not being willing to foul their whole team out which led to them getting away with a bunch of stuff in the 2nd.

And yeah Ben has to play through it, and for the large part he did and had a very good game, and really this game came down to them making tough jump shots and us missing open shots, but in the meantime I'm not playing in the games so I'm going to complain about Tony Brothers being bad lol.
kingofthecourt67
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,549

Post#217 » by kingofthecourt67 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:20 pm

I honestly think we would have benefited by Whiteside not being in foul trouble. He's a non-factor while he's out there except when he gets fired up to play Embiid.

And I'd be considered a good defender too if I got away with the same stuff Winslow did. With his antics, dude is reminding me of a poor man's Deshawn Stevenson.
eagereyez
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,462

Post#218 » by eagereyez » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:27 pm

Sixerscan wrote:I don't get why Winslow can hand and body check Simmons 10 straight times down the court and it only get called twice. Either it's a foul or it isn't. Calling the fouls 2/10 times isn't "playoff basketball" it's being inconsistent. The Heat racked up fouls in the first but they basically counted on the refs not being willing to foul their whole team out which led to them getting away with a bunch of stuff in the 2nd.

And yeah Ben has to play through it, and for the large part he did and had a very good game, and really this game came down to them making tough jump shots and us missing open shots, but in the meantime I'm not playing in the games so I'm going to complain about Tony Brothers being bad lol.

It's normal playoff basketball. Every great player goes through the same thing in the playoffs. Ben has to learn how to adjust when they're playing close and physical. He had a hard time getting around Winslow, which caused a lot of problems.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#219 » by Sixerscan » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:43 pm

eagereyez wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:I don't get why Winslow can hand and body check Simmons 10 straight times down the court and it only get called twice. Either it's a foul or it isn't. Calling the fouls 2/10 times isn't "playoff basketball" it's being inconsistent. The Heat racked up fouls in the first but they basically counted on the refs not being willing to foul their whole team out which led to them getting away with a bunch of stuff in the 2nd.

It's normal playoff basketball. Every great player goes through the same thing in the playoffs. Ben has to learn how to adjust when they're playing close and physical. He had a hard time getting around Winslow, which caused a lot of problems.

I get that, but I'm saying that a decent amount of the time there same move would either be called a foul or let go without rhyme or reason. Two hands on a guy's hip in the back court either is a foul or it isn't.

We have plenty of evidence of Brothers being a bad ref. Remember that shot clock violation he called with like a second left on the clock? I don't think he should get to hide behind it being playoff basketball (I'm not sure why hes reffing in the playoffs anyway)
Brox
Senior
And1: 129

Post#220 » by Brox » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:48 pm

Any word if JoJo is playing in game 3?

Return to Philadelphia 76ers