Sixers vs Heats 1st rd

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Re: Sixers vs Heats 1st rd 

Post#221 » by Sixerscan » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:50 pm

Brox wrote:Any word if JoJo is playing in game 3?

The official word is that there is no word either way.
Brox
Senior
And1: 129

Post#222 » by Brox » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:39 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
Brox wrote:Any word if JoJo is playing in game 3?

The official word is that there is no word either way.

Haha

Of course
Brox
Senior
And1: 129

Post#223 » by Brox » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:57 pm

Article in Philly.com says he had limited practice today. Not sure what that means but there's an article about it.
Cheatergriffin
Pro Prospect
And1: 356

Post#224 » by Cheatergriffin » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:06 pm

Id bet my life he plays
cool93
Analyst
And1: 1,992

Re: RE: Re: Sixers vs Heats 1st rd 

Post#225 » by cool93 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:23 pm

Cheatergriffin wrote:Id bet my life he plays
I won't bet a quarter on anything related to our medical staff

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]RealGM mobile app[/url]
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#226 » by XDevilBoiX » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:35 pm

76ciology wrote:
XDevilBoiX wrote:Let’s see if Brett changes his game plan for gm3, then we’ll see how good he is. I liked how they made a run in the fourth instead of backing down. Just stupid shot selections and costly turnovers lost us the game.

That run was fueled by gambles and ended with gambles

It might be true but we had no one to step up and make the shot. Roco launched a few stupid shots as always. JJ was no where to be seen when we needed him most. We need Embiid back to be the go to go in clutch moments.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,037

Post#227 » by Revived » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:39 pm

He himself said he might not play, not sure why you’d want to bet your life on it...
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#228 » by Ericb5 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:34 am

I think he plays too.

They often say with minor injuries, when a player sits out a game, that if it was a playoff game he would have played. Well these are playoff games.

I think that the tie should go to playing, as opposed to the tie going to safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,336

Post#229 » by 76ciology » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:34 am

Heat tougher than the current celtics?
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#230 » by Unbreakable99 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:52 am

76ciology wrote:Heat tougher than the current celtics?

Both are tough but Celtics are tougher because they have more talent. Miami has a bunch of good but no great players. Boston doesn’t have a great player but they are better good players like Horford and Brown and Tatum and Rozier. Plays their bench is better and they have the best coach in the league.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#231 » by 76ciology » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:04 am

Unbreakable99 wrote:

Both are tough but Celtics are tougher because they have more talent. Miami has a bunch of good but no great players. Boston doesn’t have a great player but they are better good players like Horford and Brown and Tatum and Rozier. Plays their bench is better and they have the best coach in the league.

Yeah just realized its a bad question. Horford, Brown and Tatum are more gifted offensive players. Heat maybe just played overdrive intensity with a lucky wade in G2.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#232 » by Ericb5 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:47 am

Unbreakable99 wrote:

Agreed. Boston has more talent, but both teams are experienced and well coached.

I respect them both, but I think the Sixers beat both of them if Embiid gets back to full strength soon.

76ciology
RealGM

Post#233 » by 76ciology » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:16 am

Ericb5 wrote:
Unbreakable99 wrote:

Agreed. Boston has more talent, but both teams are experienced and well coached.

I respect them both, but I think the Sixers beat both of them if Embiid gets back to full strength soon.

I feel that we’re around their tier without Embiid. But we are above their tier with Biid.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#234 » by 76ciology » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:12 am

Say the league allow the Heat to continue with their physical D, I believe we'll have the advantage with our size and let Dario, Ben and Biid do the damage.

I see this similar with the 2014 spurs. When their passing game gets stale, they'll dump the ball to TD and tighten up their D. I expect us to do the same thing.
MountainDrew
Veteran
And1: 885

Post#235 » by MountainDrew » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:14 am

Game 2 was kind of a perfect storm for the heat, think we are still favoured in the series. As long as we win 1 of the next 2, we have homecourt advantage back and are in great shape.
Trust the Process
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#236 » by LloydFree » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:27 pm

Unbreakable99 wrote:

I think you under-rate Miami talent and severely over-rate Boston's talent. Horford has the biggest name and although he's very good at what he does, he's still a role player. A high level role player, but still a role player. James Johnson and Josh Richardson are severely under-rated players. They're the best two players on that team. Dragic and Whiteside make all the money and have the names, but neither affect the game like those two. Johnson, Richardson, Whiteside and Dragic are every bit as good as Horford, Tatum, Brown and Rozier.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#237 » by Unbreakable99 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:29 pm

LloydFree wrote:
Unbreakable99 wrote:

I think you under-rate Miami talent and severely over-rate Boston's talent. Horford has the biggest name and although he's very good at what he does, he's still a role player. A high level role player, but still a role player. James Johnson and Josh Richardson are severely under-rated players. They're the best two players on that team. Dragic and Whiteside make all the money and have the names, but neither affect the game like those two. Johnson, Richardson, Whiteside and Dragic are every bit as good as Horford, Tatum, Brown and Rozier.

I disagree. Boston has better defenders too. Even though Spo is a very good coach I think Stevens is the best coach in the league.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#238 » by LloydFree » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:38 pm

Unbreakable99 wrote:
LloydFree wrote:
Unbreakable99 wrote:

I disagree. Boston has better defenders too. Even though Spo is a very good coach I think Stevens is the best coach in the league.

Josh Richardson is the best defender on both team's rosters.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Post#239 » by Sixerscan » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:02 pm

If all of those Celtics guys are so good offensively why were their scoring numbers worse than Dario's? Is that Brad Stevens's fault? They are a scored at the same rate as the Grizzlies without Kyrie in the game this year.

If these guys are this ordinary offensively with a supposed offensive wizard running their team they wouldn't be a top 5 offensive option for us. Unless you think Brett would use them better.

Very good defensive team though.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,748

Post#240 » by Stanford » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:29 pm

Whatever the result, its a shame to see the season go this way, without Embiid.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers