Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,413

Re: Rd1 Gm2 Heat @ Sixers 4/16 8pm EST 

Post#801 » by Revived » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:42 am

CoreyGallagher wrote:
Read on Twitter

Didn’t notice this during the game...

What's he doing, I can't quite make it out. Simmons doesn't have a reaction to it and doesn't look like he made contact with Simmons either because Simmons arm stays the same.

Did he have a fly on his arm or something? Dude is weird...but a top 10 center tho!
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,721

Post#802 » by the_process » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:09 pm

Revived wrote:
CoreyGallagher wrote:
Read on Twitter

What's he doing, I can't quite make it out. Simmons doesn't have a reaction to it and doesn't look like he made contact with Simmons either because Simmons arm stays the same.

Did he have a fly on his arm or something? Dude is weird...but a top 10 center tho!

He spun Ben’s right arm around, but Ben completely ignored him. Olynyk is a dirty ****. Amir needs to wipe him and his man bun out on a screen :lol:

Seriously, though, can’t let the Heat play bully ball. Got to run those old men out of the gym. Brett needs to target Wade and Olynyk on defense and play them off the floor like he did Whiteside in Game 1.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,527

Post#803 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:13 pm

Heat shot 14/24 on 15-24ft shots, almost 60FG%.

If we were on fire on 3s in g1, they were on fire from mid range in g2.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#804 » by XDevilBoiX » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:40 pm

the_process wrote:If Wade starts to go off again this series... they need to target him on defense and run his old ass through the ringer.

They should double team him and force the ball out of his hands. Make the other guys beat us.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#805 » by Ericb5 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:01 pm

the_process wrote:
Revived wrote:
CoreyGallagher wrote:
Read on Twitter

He spun Ben’s right arm around, but Ben completely ignored him. Olynyk is a dirty ****. Amir needs to wipe him and his man bun out on a screen :lol:

Seriously, though, can’t let the Heat play bully ball. Got to run those old men out of the gym. Brett needs to target Wade and Olynyk on defense and play them off the floor like he did Whiteside in Game 1.

I'm not sure what is going on either, but I can tell you this much. Olynyk is a baller. We would love him if he were on our team.

I would love him on our team as a backup 5 and 4.
timLH
Junior
And1: 84

Post#806 » by timLH » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:24 pm

I like Roco very much, love his characters, passion, defense, contract, etc. But I just can't stand his dumb play and it looks like he will never learn from his mistakes. Hope I'm wrong though.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,721

Post#807 » by the_process » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:53 pm

Ericb5 wrote:
the_process wrote:
Revived wrote:What's he doing, I can't quite make it out. Simmons doesn't have a reaction to it and doesn't look like he made contact with Simmons either because Simmons arm stays the same.

I'm not sure what is going on either, but I can tell you this much. Olynyk is a baller. We would love him if he were on our team.

I would love him on our team as a backup 5 and 4.

I don’t know. Maybe. Something about Olynyk’s face makes you want to punch him, though, and the man bun certainly doesn’t help. :lol:
Tony Franciosa
Sixth Man
And1: 950

Post#808 » by Tony Franciosa » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:56 pm

Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#809 » by Unbreakable99 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:12 pm

Yeah because Hart was the one who missed shots and couldn’t stop Wade. :roll:
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#810 » by Sixerscan » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:20 pm

Does anyone honestly think that Wade didn't want to win a playoff game but then Kevin Hart started yelling at him so he changed his mind? Lol.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#811 » by GoSixersBro » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:29 pm

Revived wrote:
CoreyGallagher wrote:
Read on Twitter

I think Olynyk was trying to listen in to what Simmons and Saric were talking about (like Rondo was/is infamous for).
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,990

Post#812 » by spikeslovechild » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:51 pm

We have noone we can goto when the three point shot isn't falling. That was the problem this game more then anything.

The heat had Wade Saric tried to be that guy but he isn't. We need Embiid back.
Ericb5
RealGM

Post#813 » by Ericb5 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:10 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:We have noone we can goto when the three point shot isn't falling. That was the problem this game more then anything.

The heat had Wade Saric tried to be that guy but he isn't. We need Embiid back.

We need to be able to throw it into Embiid in these situations, or we need Fultz to be grown up and capable of making scoring plays on his own.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,527

Post#814 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:17 pm

Just realized how Saric ended up with a lot of drives because the defensive pressure was going overdrive that forced him to attack the rim than to pass to shooters.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
thenbaman
Sixth Man
And1: 537

Post#815 » by thenbaman » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:04 pm

If james had the same injury as embiid he would have played every game,this is the playoffs
not the regular season.
Getting sick of the sixers playing with their china doll.
sixers78
Senior
And1: 116

Post#816 » by sixers78 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:47 pm

Brett said he was sticking with Fultz. Yet last night happened, why? I don’t want to see TJ again.

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:Best believe that Embiid will be playing in game 3. The idea that we are better without him or that the Heat match up better against us with him is utterly absurd. We are only going to go as far as he takes us. Simmons has carried us and he may carry us through this series if necessary, but we need Embiid back on Thursday.

Sixers are not better without Embiid but we don’t need Embiid to win this series. Sixers were due a game like this. Everyone enjoyed this win streak of high scoring, stellar shooting, win streak. Sixers shot as poor as a team could. No NBA team is winning shooting like we did last night. Unless you expect them to continue shooting bad? No need to press the panic button.

And from reading it doesn’t appear Embiid is playing Thursday. So lace up boots and get the game back you gave to Miami.
Winejk
Bench Warmer
And1: 432

Post#817 » by Winejk » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:14 pm

Game 3 is where we see if BB earns his money. Game 1 was an extension of the regular season. Game 2 is playoff basketball. Miami played physical. Game 3 Philly is going to have to match the physical play. We'll see what adjustment BB and the players make.

Considering all things, Game 2 was almost expected. Sixers weren't going to go undefeated in the playoffs. Spoelstra is actually a pretty good coach. Brown is going to have to show he's up to the task.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#818 » by rzzzzz » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:58 pm

bball4life wrote:I wish a reporter had the balls to ask Brett why he keeps playing TJ with Ben.

Kate was the last one we had.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,807

Post#819 » by Mik317 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:57 pm

we almost came back despite that terrible second quarter and a gdlk hold off in the third. Miami did their damn thing for sure. But I am not in panic mode yet as we won't shoot this poorly often and started to figure out how to beat their press as the night went on. Its going to come down to whoever is unable to adjust to the adjustments lol. I do like (well not like...but rather respect) the way they have defended our shooters tho; Its pretty great to watch from a pure basketball fan standpoint (I am majorly butthurt from a Sixers fan standpoint btw), so that is going to be a secondary storyline going forward, Marco will hit his bull but the others will need to find some counters. Embiid's iso game and the pure pressure he brings will help in that regard. I just hope he doesn't come back trying to do too much tho...especially against Whiteside. I rather he not get in a 1 on 1 with him and wake him up. Embiid will however help with our pace game more than people realize. Amir, bless his heart, isn't a threat from 3 nor on the break...Embiid as huge and lumbering as he is....IS. That trail 3 is going to be a nice bailout for when the first yolo shot isn't there for example (**** is hax in 2k btw)
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Ericb5
RealGM

Post#820 » by Ericb5 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:03 pm

Mik317 wrote:we almost came back despite that terrible second quarter and a gdlk hold off in the third. Miami did their damn thing for sure. But I am not in panic mode yet as we won't shoot this poorly often and started to figure out how to beat their press as the night went on. Its going to come down to whoever is unable to adjust to the adjustments lol. I do like (well not like...but rather respect) the way they have defended our shooters tho; Its pretty great to watch from a pure basketball fan standpoint (I am majorly butthurt from a Sixers fan standpoint btw), so that is going to be a secondary storyline going forward, Marco will hit his bull but the others will need to find some counters. Embiid's iso game and the pure pressure he brings will help in that regard. I just hope he doesn't come back trying to do too much tho...especially against Whiteside. I rather he not get in a 1 on 1 with him and wake him up. Embiid will however help with our pace game more than people realize. Amir, bless his heart, isn't a threat from 3 nor on the break...Embiid as huge and lumbering as he is....IS. That trail 3 is going to be a nice bailout for when the first yolo shot isn't there for example (**** is hax in 2k btw)

Embiid’s presence is a pure plus on defense and the glass. On offense, he may have to ramp back up into proficiency.

There were stretches last night where the Heat were bottling up our three point shooters, and Simmons was in foul trouble, where having the option to throw it into Joel would have saved us.

We will have to strike that balance, but I think a full force Embiid in the game last night would have won us the game. Would a 75% Embiid have won it? Maybe not.

What will we get in game 3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to Philadelphia 76ers