Other
6%

Total votes: 166

HankTheTank
Pro Prospect
And1: 558

New GM search [SPOILER: It's Elton Brand] 

Post#1 » by HankTheTank » Thu Jun 7, 2018 4:20 pm

Edit: This is the master thread for discussing the current GM opening.

Poll allows vote changes and if anyone wants a new fresh poll or a new list of candidates, just pm hartfordwhalers. Thanks all!
*GENIUS*
Hinkie graduated summa cum laude with a 4.0 GPA from the Univ of Oklahoma and was named one of the top-60 undergrad students in the nation by USA TODAY. He holds an MBA from Stanford, graduating with highest honors as an Arjay Miller Scholar.
kingofthecourt67
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,549

Re: New GM search 

Post#2 » by kingofthecourt67 » Thu Jun 7, 2018 4:24 pm

The most important thing IMO is the continuity of culture. BC made long term moves for the most part but still was never accepted and felt like a transplant. Hopefully we find a guy who either can fit into the process or actually just started and nurtured the whole thing.

In the meantime, I think the fact that Brett is running the team for the near furture indicates we are way more likely to trade for Kawhi if he were to be made available.
kriss73
Analyst
And1: 1,811

Post#3 » by kriss73 » Thu Jun 7, 2018 4:26 pm

HankTheTank wrote:http://www.espn.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/4811/freakonomics-on-celtics-stat-whiz-mike-zarren

I'm pulling for Mike Zarren. Hinkie level intelligence, brilliantly run organization, and some say the brains behind Ainge. Would he leave though??

PROS: he knows Ainge's strategy for the next few years.
CONS: he's a long life Celtics fan. He's going to work for us, right?
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#4 » by TTP » Thu Jun 7, 2018 4:27 pm

Hinkie, Zarren, or Gupta. Get it done.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
HankTheTank
Pro Prospect

Post#5 » by HankTheTank » Thu Jun 7, 2018 4:33 pm

By the way, zero interest in Griffin. Colangelo trainee, history of trading picks for mediocre players, drafted Wiggins #1, and Bennett (I think?)
*GENIUS*
Hinkie graduated summa cum laude with a 4.0 GPA from the Univ of Oklahoma and was named one of the top-60 undergrad students in the nation by USA TODAY. He holds an MBA from Stanford, graduating with highest honors as an Arjay Miller Scholar.
Slacktard
RealGM
And1: 17,612

Post#6 » by Slacktard » Thu Jun 7, 2018 4:33 pm

TTP wrote:Hinkie, Zarren, or Gupta. Get it done.

If the Sixers did make a formal request to Zarren and he considered it I wonder if Ainge has the ability to suck up his ego to promote Zarren to GM and just be the Team President type role.
eagereyez
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,462

Post#7 » by eagereyez » Thu Jun 7, 2018 4:34 pm

HankTheTank wrote:By the way, zero interest in Griffin. Colangelo trainee, history of trading picks for mediocre players, drafted Wiggins #1, and Bennett (I think?)

Griffin did not draft Bennett.
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,546

Post#8 » by SixthStreet » Thu Jun 7, 2018 4:35 pm

I'd rather have Hinkie's number 2 than anyone else. Sachin Gupta deserves this job. Finish what Sam started.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,544

Post#9 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Jun 7, 2018 4:36 pm

Zarren would be swell. But the Wheel was a stupid idea.
HankTheTank
Pro Prospect

Post#10 » by HankTheTank » Thu Jun 7, 2018 4:38 pm

eagereyez wrote:
HankTheTank wrote:By the way, zero interest in Griffin. Colangelo trainee, history of trading picks for mediocre players, drafted Wiggins #1, and Bennett (I think?)

Looks like he was president of Cavs basketball ops when Bennett was drafted, Chris Grant was GM
*GENIUS*
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#11 » by Ericb5 » Thu Jun 7, 2018 4:39 pm

kingofthecourt67 wrote:The most important thing IMO is the continuity of culture. BC made long term moves for the most part but still was never accepted and felt like a transplant. Hopefully we find a guy who either can fit into the process or actually just started and nurtured the whole thing.

In the meantime, I think the fact that Brett is running the team for the near furture indicates we are way more likely to trade for Kawhi if he were to be made available.

Interesting. I feel just the opposite when it comes to Kawhi because I think he has to be traded for at the draft or before, and that is a tall order for Brett to negotiate at this point, while still maintaining the ability to get Lebron.

I think that this maintains our standing for Lebron, but probably hurts our standing for Kawhi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#12 » by Ericb5 » Thu Jun 7, 2018 4:40 pm

eagereyez wrote:

Plus Wiggins was the obvious choice that year given Embiid’s injury. Not a bad pick.

phiphan
Head Coach
And1: 2,331

Post#13 » by phiphan » Thu Jun 7, 2018 4:41 pm

This selection will be the true litmus for ownership.
kriss73
Analyst

Post#14 » by kriss73 » Thu Jun 7, 2018 4:41 pm

What about Brandon Williams?
He is currently assistant GM in Sancto, but he was here both with Sam and Colangelo.
Continuity.
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."
kriss73
Analyst

Post#15 » by kriss73 » Thu Jun 7, 2018 4:44 pm

Bryan's Version

Read on Twitter
kingofthecourt67
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by kingofthecourt67 » Thu Jun 7, 2018 4:44 pm

Ericb5 wrote:
kingofthecourt67 wrote:The most important thing IMO is the continuity of culture. BC made long term moves for the most part but still was never accepted and felt like a transplant. Hopefully we find a guy who either can fit into the process or actually just started and nurtured the whole thing.

Interesting. I feel just the opposite when it comes to Kawhi because I think he has to be traded for at the draft or before, and that is a tall order for Brett to negotiate at this point, while still maintaining the ability to get Lebron.

I think that this maintains our standing for Lebron, but probably hurts our standing for Kawhi.

I agree negotiation may be tough for him. I would in fact prefer him not to make a trade because he has most likely never done one before.

I just meant likely in context of of the prior relationship the have. Also, Brett went out on record as saying an additional star was a must. So if LeBron and PG spurn us for LA, then we are left with Kawhi as our main option.
eagereyez
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,462

Post#17 » by eagereyez » Thu Jun 7, 2018 4:45 pm

Ericb5 wrote:
eagereyez wrote:

Plus Wiggins was the obvious choice that year given Embiid’s injury. Not a bad pick.

Yeah. I think Griffin was a good GM. He dumped the garbage that was Waiters and brought in JR/Shump/Mozgov while they were still productive. The TT extension happened because the Cavs were over the cap and could not replace him if they let him go. Same situation with JR. People talk about the bad contracts but don't recognize the context of the situation. That said he would not be my first or second choice.
kriss73
Analyst

Post#18 » by kriss73 » Thu Jun 7, 2018 4:45 pm

Integral

kingofthecourt67
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by kingofthecourt67 » Thu Jun 7, 2018 4:46 pm

kriss73 wrote:Bryan's Version

Read on Twitter

It's all window dressing at this point. He's fighting for his career.

WIth that said, that's an incredibly stupid thing to say. If you never told her anything sensitive, then how did she know to post those things?? Just own it man, you'll look better at this point. You're embarrassing yourself with garbage like this.
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,546

Post#20 » by SixthStreet » Thu Jun 7, 2018 4:46 pm

If you want some outside the box thinking what about Masai Ujiri? Toronto got him when he was employed by Denver. He's had some mis-steps in Toronto but he has an unbelievable record as far as winning trades and amassing talent from the late first and second rounds. We have the stars in place, and he seems like just the kind of guy that can keep the cheap talent flowing at the back ends of the rotation. And find trades for value when necessary.

There seems to be some Raptors fans that are tiring of him. I wonder if he's acquirable.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers