ImageImageImage

Welcome Zhaire Smith

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, sixers hoops, BullyKing, Sixerscan, CoreyGallagher, Foshan

User avatar
Embiid P
Analyst
Posts: 3,153
And1: 891
Joined: Nov 07, 2013
     

Re: Welcome Zhaire Smith 

Post#1061 » by Embiid P » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:49 am

PLO wrote:
Read on Twitter


I hope he's preparing for his HOF induction speech.
Kolkmania
Analyst
Posts: 3,063
And1: 1,460
Joined: Feb 11, 2015

Re: Welcome Zhaire Smith 

Post#1062 » by Kolkmania » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:08 am

PLO wrote:
Read on Twitter


Don't forget the +18 net rating per 36 minutes!
SixthStreet
Junior
Posts: 319
And1: 156
Joined: May 31, 2018
       

Re: Welcome Zhaire Smith 

Post#1063 » by SixthStreet » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:08 pm

I don't have an opinion on upper body shot mechanics. There's many ways to do it as long as it's consistent and repeatable. But his footwork is not good. His 3 has a long way to go. He should be able to help on defense next year though since it's not a high bar to clear. That's good.
APettyJ
Junior
Posts: 396
And1: 184
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
       

Re: Welcome Zhaire Smith 

Post#1064 » by APettyJ » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:06 pm

SixthStreet wrote:I don't have an opinion on upper body shot mechanics. There's many ways to do it as long as it's consistent and repeatable. But his footwork is not good. His 3 has a long way to go. He should be able to help on defense next year though since it's not a high bar to clear. That's good.
How did he look on defense last night? Why can't he help this year?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Negrodamus
RealGM
Posts: 12,259
And1: 4,843
Joined: Aug 05, 2004

Re: Welcome Zhaire Smith 

Post#1065 » by Negrodamus » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:44 pm

Read on Twitter


I'm sure our bench is totally up for the challenge without those two guys. They've been so good thus far.
Bum Adebayo
Analyst
Posts: 3,047
And1: 1,106
Joined: Apr 28, 2016
 

Re: Welcome Zhaire Smith 

Post#1066 » by Bum Adebayo » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:27 pm

Yeah, you can see Brett lacking eye for talent as usual, not only that, but he also has to justify playing his boy Mcconnell, so of course there is a shotened rotation, he keeps giving minutes to garbage players while the ones with potential keep riding the pine.
cool93
Starter
Posts: 2,178
And1: 1,340
Joined: Jul 24, 2016
 

Re: Welcome Zhaire Smith 

Post#1067 » by cool93 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:07 pm

Yeah, I don't get this at all. TJ has 0 value for this team, LITERALLY ZERO. We have Simmons and Jimmy to handle the ball and TJ is a liability in every other aspect. I would rather watch Milton mking rookiie mistakes with an upside for some good games, than watch TJ predictably killing us.
PhillyPhilly
Pro Prospect
Posts: 947
And1: 338
Joined: Jul 01, 2018
       

Re: Welcome Zhaire Smith 

Post#1068 » by PhillyPhilly » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:26 pm

He also said "he didn't see Smith playing In the NBA this season" so watch him switch up his stance If the bench struggles down the stretch. I can see why they aren't playing Milton because of his contract situation, but IF Smith impresses during these last eight games then he should be involved Imo.
PhillyPhilly
Pro Prospect
Posts: 947
And1: 338
Joined: Jul 01, 2018
       

Re: Welcome Zhaire Smith 

Post#1069 » by PhillyPhilly » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:38 am

A LOT of people are excited about Zhaire after tonight's game. I know it wasn't against tough competition, but I thought his all round game was very encouraging. Many saying the words "all team defense" when it relates to his future. Here's also a tweet I found.

Read on Twitter


So should he be In the rotation for this first round of playoffs yall? I think Brett would be crazy not to tbh. His defense alone should get him minutes and he's getting to the rim and hitting shots now. This experience could be the making of this young man ahead of next season.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
Posts: 29,784
And1: 12,160
Joined: Jan 25, 2005

Re: Welcome Zhaire Smith 

Post#1070 » by Sixerscan » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:55 am

PhillyPhilly wrote:A LOT of people are excited about Zhaire after tonight's game. I know it wasn't against tough competition, but I thought his all round game was very encouraging. Many saying the words "all team defense" when it relates to his future. Here's also a tweet I found.

Read on Twitter


So should he be In the rotation for this first round of playoffs yall? I think Brett would be crazy not to tbh. His defense alone should get him minutes and he's getting to the rim and hitting shots now. This experience could be the making of this young man ahead of next season.


With Ennis hurt, it's not a question of whether he will get minutes, but how he will do.
User avatar
NoDopeOnSundays
Analyst
Posts: 3,213
And1: 4,216
Joined: Nov 22, 2005
         

Re: Welcome Zhaire Smith 

Post#1071 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:15 am

Big paws on a puppy, he has a lot of potential.
Wilfried
Veteran
Posts: 2,797
And1: 947
Joined: May 24, 2007

Re: Welcome Zhaire Smith 

Post#1072 » by Wilfried » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:30 am

Seems like a smart kid, humble with a great work ethic

That can give him a very nice career.

Seems like a John Starks type of player to me. Also the moustache
USWAY
Rookie
Posts: 1,079
And1: 595
Joined: Jun 29, 2012

Re: Welcome Zhaire Smith 

Post#1073 » by USWAY » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:45 pm

Could see Brett getting forced to play him against the Nets, it working, and becoming a thing during these playoffs
Kobblehead
RealGM
Posts: 26,638
And1: 11,405
Joined: Apr 15, 2010
 

Re: Welcome Zhaire Smith 

Post#1074 » by Kobblehead » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:49 pm

Zhaire can stop the bleeding if and when Dinwiddie and Russell are going off. So maybe 8-10 minutes.
SixthStreet
Junior
Posts: 319
And1: 156
Joined: May 31, 2018
       

Re: Welcome Zhaire Smith 

Post#1075 » by SixthStreet » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:54 pm

He might be playable against the playoff newbie Nets but after round 1 he should be tied to the bench.

So he fought over a terrible Lopez screen to recover on an Arcidiacono drive. Color me unimpressed. We always knew he had the tools. He'll probably be useful next year but not in the playoff cauldron after being out most of his rookie season.
APettyJ
Junior
Posts: 396
And1: 184
Joined: Mar 22, 2015
       

Re: Welcome Zhaire Smith 

Post#1076 » by APettyJ » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:56 pm

SixthStreet wrote:He might be playable against the playoff newbie Nets but after round 1 he should be tied to the bench.

So he fought over a terrible Lopez screen to recover on an Arcidiacono drive. Color me unimpressed. We always knew he had the tools. He'll probably be useful next year but not in the playoff cauldron after being out most of his rookie season.


He'll probably do just fine in the playoffs on defense and see minutes in every round the Sixers can make it to.
Hampton
Freshman
Posts: 67
And1: 15
Joined: Apr 07, 2019

Re: Welcome Zhaire Smith 

Post#1077 » by Hampton » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:41 pm

Kid definitely has some potential I can see why we made the trade
the_process
RealGM
Posts: 17,325
And1: 3,992
Joined: May 01, 2010

Re: Welcome Zhaire Smith 

Post#1078 » by the_process » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:13 pm

Zhaire should certainly get some minutes. Just very limited minutes, except in cases of blowouts.
HartfordWhalers wrote:The Tobias Harris trade was set your pants on fire while wearing them bad at the time. And still is.
PhillyPhilly
Pro Prospect
Posts: 947
And1: 338
Joined: Jul 01, 2018
       

Re: Welcome Zhaire Smith 

Post#1079 » by PhillyPhilly » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:25 am

More Zhaire clips yall

Read on Twitter


And

Read on Twitter


Honestly the combination of his physical gifts, coupled with his high IQ on defense are really exciting to watch. And he's still only 19. Once he really settles in and gains experience I really think he could be a Kawhi level type of talent.
Bum Adebayo
Analyst
Posts: 3,047
And1: 1,106
Joined: Apr 28, 2016
 

Re: Welcome Zhaire Smith 

Post#1080 » by Bum Adebayo » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:20 am

PhillyPhilly wrote:More Zhaire clips yall

Read on Twitter


And

Read on Twitter


Honestly the combination of his physical gifts, coupled with his high IQ on defense are really exciting to watch. And he's still only 19. Once he really settles in and gains experience I really think he could be a Kawhi level type of talent.


I see more of a Lebron type of talent TBH.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers