ImageImageImage

Welcome Shake Milton

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 5,879

Re: Welcome Shake Milton 

Post#281 » by Arsenal » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:14 pm

I find LeVert to be overrated when he’s not injured. .514 TS last year is horrendous. Typical mediocre player stat padding with inefficient yet inflated usage.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 10,077
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#282 » by LloydFree » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:22 pm

Arsenal wrote:I find LeVert to be overrated when he’s not injured. .514 TS last year is horrendous. Typical mediocre player stat padding with inefficient yet inflated usage.

You could be right. Maybe I'm putting too much weight on games I actually saw where he performed well. I just think he has more ability to score against a defense that is actually trying to focus on him. Shake may get there though, at the rate he's improving.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#283 » by Arsenal » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:26 pm

LloydFree wrote:
Arsenal wrote:I find LeVert to be overrated when he’s not injured. .514 TS last year is horrendous. Typical mediocre player stat padding with inefficient yet inflated usage.

You could be right. Maybe I'm putting too much weight on games I actually saw where he performed well. I just think he has more ability to score against a defense that is actually trying to focus on him. Shake may get there though, at the rate he's improving.

Yeah I mean his skillet looks nice. It looks like he can do some things. But the resulting numbers are really bad. Meanwhile Shake’s best attribute is that he is super efficient. He’s so efficient that it means we aren’t using him nearly enough. He needs a lot more time and shots.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 13,425

Post#284 » by Kobblehead » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:07 am

I think true shooting percentage can be an overrated trait in judging someone's play. Especially in a case where scoring aggression is being held against someone. There's legitimate value in being relentless and putting pressure on opposing defenders and giving them no possessions off on that end of the floor. Which is exactly what LeVert does.

And if you take into account his entire game, he has a steal rate north of 2% for his career and a distributing rate north of 22% for his career. When combined with his shotcreating talent, it makes him an incredibly well-rounded player.

He's a career 20 point, 5 rebound, 6 assist guy in the postseason. Going against an elite Sixers defense one year and an elite Raptors defense another year. With that much pure impact, who cares about his true shooting percentage?
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#285 » by Arsenal » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:28 am

Kobblehead wrote:

I think true shooting percentage can be an overrated trait in judging someone's play. Especially in a case where scoring aggression is being held against someone. There's legitimate value in being relentless and putting pressure on opposing defenders and giving them no possessions off on that end of the floor. Which is exactly what LeVert does.

And if you take into account his entire game, he has a steal rate north of 2% for his career and a distributing rate north of 22% for his career. When combined with his shotcreating talent, it makes him an incredibly well-rounded player.

He's a career 20 point, 5 rebound, 6 assist guy in the postseason. Going against an elite Sixers defense one year and an elite Raptors defense another year. With that much pure impact, who cares about his true shooting percentage?

I do and so does everyone else. You're not winning jack putting up that usage at .514. He needs to shoot less. Plenty of NBA players can "create" shots to the point where they end up with TS of .514. The issue is that teams don't let them because that's the recipe to be a tank commander, not a star who creates wins.
blargh
Sophomore
And1: 123

Post#286 » by blargh » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:05 pm

Levert to me has offensive skills that pop off the screen, so for him to shoot 51%TS means he’s taking a ton of shots he shouldn’t. Putting pressure on defenses is theoretical if you can’t make the right pass.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 14,367

Post#287 » by 76ciology » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:26 pm

Read on Twitter

He’s really good at attacking the rim.

He’s really good at PnRs.

He’s really good spot up shooter.

He’s ISO skill is just as good as Aaron Mckie’s :lol:
“Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there is absolutely no point.”

Return to Philadelphia 76ers