Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

the_process
RealGM
And1: 5,085

Re: Welcome Shake Milton 

Post#401 » by the_process » Wed Jun 9, 2021 10:53 am

the_process wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:
the_process wrote:Maxey should definitely be ahead of Shake in the rotation now.

definitely. :lol: . Right now Shake is shook. He needs to find a way to get back his mojo.

It is insane the amount of shook players that come through here. It’s a damn curse! :lol:

I'm glad to see that Shake lost the shook last night. He was absolutely crucial to the win. Getting good Shake could mean the difference between the 2nd round and the Finals.
phillynative
Lead Assistant
And1: 904

Post#402 » by phillynative » Wed Jun 9, 2021 12:00 pm

We absolutely need Shake to have a impact off the bench to get past the hawks.
GoSixersBro
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,014

Post#403 » by GoSixersBro » Wed Jun 9, 2021 1:16 pm

That bomb at the end of the third looked good as soon as it left Snipa Shake's hands. Gave us a 7 point lead going into the fourth. Absolutely a momentum shift with the Hawks keeping it close.
2021 Floppers
M. Brogdon | J. Wall | D. Garland | T. McConnell
D. Booker | Z. LaVine | J. Harris | T. Hardaway Jr.
L. James | J. Butler | D. Finney-Smith
G. Antetokounmpo | D. Green | A. Horford
W. Carter Jr. | S. Adams
Picks: RD2, RD2, RD3
Eyeamok
Analyst
And1: 1,821

Post#404 » by Eyeamok » Wed Jun 9, 2021 1:18 pm

the_process wrote:
the_process wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:
definitely. :lol: . Right now Shake is shook. He needs to find a way to get back his mojo.

It is insane the amount of shook players that come through here. It’s a damn curse! :lol:

I'm glad to see that Shake lost the shook last night. He was absolutely crucial to the win. Getting good Shake could mean the difference between the 2nd round and the Finals.

I'm not a Shake hater because I want all things good to come to the 76ers and their players. I too hope he is no longer shook but I will reserve my outward excitement, hoping he has turned this corner. And you are right we need him. The Hawks scouted Maxey and they know what he likes to do and are taking away his drives.
Please allow me to introduce myself I'm a man of wealth and taste.

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
DCasey91
Veteran
And1: 1,448

Post#405 » by DCasey91 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:01 am

Shake good or bad is still our best threat off the bench when our offense like clockwork becomes anemic. Yes he is onball dominant to be effective but ride the hot hand. He plays well with Harris/Ben and Embiid but gets lost when all three are on the court together because the usage goes down, it doesn’t help sometimes because he has shown to sulk.

Try a small ball center lineup with Ben at the 5 with Harris plus Milton, Green, Hill that could work out very well for portions at a time. 4 shooters, three pseudo ballhandlers a lot of space to operate. Can do the same thing with Curry. Milton/Embiid plus shooters can work.

It’s always been about staggering lineups. Also matchup dependency plays a key here. Find which lineup works well and go to town on it and bank it in. Hawks are small, Nets aren’t big either.

Green/Hill make Korkmaz more negligible and Thybulle needs big offensive prowess to keep the offense flowing.

Maxey is too green and not good enough as a creator, and Hill is more of a smaller portion type.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 11,258

Post#406 » by Stanford » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:42 am

I really don't think Ben creates enough of an advantage on offense as a five to give up what those lineups would in shots at the rim and offensive rebounds.
DCasey91
Veteran
And1: 1,448

Post#407 » by DCasey91 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:08 am

Stanford wrote:I really don't think Ben creates enough of an advantage on offense as a five to give up what those lineups would in shots at the rim and offensive rebounds.

If its Capela out or sitting I would try it Harris + Simmons it should work okay. But it’s dependent of course. Howard + Simmons should be used sparingly.
Ferry Avenue
Senior
And1: 263

Post#408 » by Ferry Avenue » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:36 pm

DCasey91 wrote:Shake good or bad is still our best threat off the bench when our offense like clockwork becomes anemic. Yes he is onball dominant to be effective but ride the hot hand. He plays well with Harris/Ben and Embiid but gets lost when all three are on the court together because the usage goes down, it doesn’t help sometimes because he has shown to sulk.

Try a small ball center lineup with Ben at the 5 with Harris plus Milton, Green, Hill that could work out very well for portions at a time. 4 shooters, three pseudo ballhandlers a lot of space to operate. Can do the same thing with Curry. Milton/Embiid plus shooters can work.

It’s always been about staggering lineups. Also matchup dependency plays a key here. Find which lineup works well and go to town on it and bank it in. Hawks are small, Nets aren’t big either.

Green/Hill make Korkmaz more negligible and Thybulle needs big offensive prowess to keep the offense flowing.

Maxey is too green and not good enough as a creator, and Hill is more of a smaller portion type.

What's interesting is that over the last three games, you have a loss and two games that would've been far closer on the scoreboard had either Maxey or Milton not come in and lit it up and functioned like a traditional point guard who can shoot and penetrate off the dribble.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers