ImageImageImage

Welcome Shake Milton

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,512

Re: Welcome Shake Milton 

Post#441 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:28 am

I'm a huge Shake Milton fan. I'm really not sure what happened in the playoffs with him. I blame Doc for that because I thought that he should have been playing a hell of a lot more than he was. He was solid for us as a sixth man last year, but I think his real bread and butter would be as a starter in this league. He's a rhythm type of player and he needs to be starting in my opinion.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,700

Post#442 » by stormi » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:45 am

Morey traded for Hill and then Doc tried to force it to work... when it was abundantly clear that it wasn't.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#443 » by DCasey91 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:13 am

I’d trade Shake for Simons in a microsecond :) :).

Shake is the small scale contract. Simons needs the resign after this year. So more money to the Blazers when Milton is controlled.

Two and two go perfectly together. Get the kid and offer him a 18/3 extension straight away before this season even begins. That sit back and watch the value come our way for once lol.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#444 » by DCasey91 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:19 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:I'm a huge Shake Milton fan. I'm really not sure what happened in the playoffs with him. I blame Doc for that because I thought that he should have been playing a hell of a lot more than he was. He was solid for us as a sixth man last year, but I think his real bread and butter would be as a starter in this league. He's a rhythm type of player and he needs to be starting in my opinion.

Fwiw Our best lineup in game 7 was when Shake finally got playing time after the half. Doc is not smart at all.

We were up 4 with 7 to go. Then guess what nepotism, Curry straight back in, the whole dynamics changed then the ranga torched us and the rest was history.

Shake, Korkmaz, Maxey whoever when it’s not working (which happens every game with this Frankenstein team) find the hot hand and ride it to the grave and win.

Doc has tiny gonads. That’s how we literally won two games when it should’nt have been the case at all. The Milton blitz and the Maxey blitz separate games.
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,895

Post#445 » by sixers4real » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:53 am

Shake Milton is 24 y.o., played a total of 123 NBA RS games, and last year averaged 20 PPG per36 (and it’s not like he played on a garbage team)
He’s under GREAT contract for the next two years (I’m sure Sixers will use team option for 2022-23).

He may not have high value around the league right now because of his below average playoff performance but I dont want to trade him because I believe he will get better.
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#446 » by DCasey91 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:03 am

He’s a bench player. Great contract but this is what he is. Have you seen Simons shoot? Goddamn

We could have two Seth Curry’s. Those types have career type impact here hmmm wonder why.

Maxey looks primed for Milton’s job.

I like Milton he can win you games but his attitude and consistency and gamestyle isn’t what I want it to be.

If he was consistent or didn’t sulk and trudge his feet sometimes cool no sweat. But as you say he is 24.
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,895

Post#447 » by sixers4real » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:04 pm

Are we offered Simons for Milton? Why is there is so much talk?
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#448 » by Arsenal » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:54 pm

I'd seriously consider selling high on Milton if we can get a 1st rounder. Otherwise he may get squeezed out of the rotation as Maxey looks primed to take the 6th man bench PG/scorer role.

We need a consolidation trade of our depth for high-end talent.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#449 » by Foshan » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:24 pm

I’d really look at starting shake and bringing Maxey/Curry off the bench in big mins. I think Shake has a higher ceiling being able to play both sides in the final mins than Curry
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,561

Post#450 » by 76ciology » Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:11 pm

Miltons pts per 36 at age 23 and 24 are similar to CJ McCullom.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,561

Post#451 » by 76ciology » Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:11 pm

Foshan wrote:I’d really look at starting shake and bringing Maxey/Curry off the bench in big mins. I think Shake has a higher ceiling being able to play both sides in the final mins than Curry

I wouldnt mind that.

But I think Seth is better off playing along side Ben and Biid hiding his defense.

End games with Shake and Maxey at the backcourt for sure though.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#452 » by DCasey91 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:06 pm

76ciology wrote:Miltons pts per 36 at age 23 and 24 are similar to CJ McCullom.

Beyond stats, Milton we all know can sulk and trudge his feet.

I like him as a sixth man, or a closer if he’s hot or and feeling it.

Thing is Maxey might surpass him. Alternatively he could be get run on the wing (skip ahead of Kork) but must be feeling the rock.

He loves to have the ball in his hands and score which is fine if Doc doubled down on it, but Doc is Doc.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,835

Post#453 » by Negrodamus » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:49 pm

It's unfortunate that he's asked to do as much as he is. He's a good off ball player, but doesn't have the athleticism to beat guy off the dribble. Should be C&S, some PnR, and some interior scoring when matched up with a smaller guard. I like him, but there's definitely limitations to his game, especially when you hit playoff time.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,059

Post#454 » by sixers hoops » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:19 pm

Negrodamus wrote:It's unfortunate that he's asked to do as much as he is. He's a good off ball player, but doesn't have the athleticism to beat guy off the dribble. Should be C&S, some PnR, and some interior scoring when matched up with a smaller guard. I like him, but there's definitely limitations to his game, especially when you hit playoff time.

He somehow can still get to the rim effectively. Shake isn’t a point guard, but I’m surprised he lost minutes at the two to Korkmaz. Shake coming into last season was the better shooter of the two, but his shooting fell apart
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#455 » by TTP » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:51 pm

sixers hoops wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:It's unfortunate that he's asked to do as much as he is. He's a good off ball player, but doesn't have the athleticism to beat guy off the dribble. Should be C&S, some PnR, and some interior scoring when matched up with a smaller guard. I like him, but there's definitely limitations to his game, especially when you hit playoff time.

He somehow can still get to the rim effectively. Shake isn’t a point guard, but I’m surprised he lost minutes at the two to Korkmaz. Shake coming into last season was the better shooter of the two, but his shooting fell apart

Shake is still the better shooter of the two. Their career 3 point percentages are very similar but Shake is quite a bit better from the line and they're worlds apart from mid-range.

I wouldn't even say Shake's shooting fell apart either. Even with a large increase in responsibility, he shot his career best from mid-range and the free throw line. 3 point shooting can just fluctuate a lot year to year and I'd bet a good amount that he shoots above 35% from 3 this year.

Korkmaz' big edge over Shake is his willingness to chuck 3s in volume, but part of that is because Korkmaz doesn't really have other options. Despite being a good 3 point shooter, his mid-range is awful and he doesn't get to the rim much.

Shake in his more ball dominant role was willing to step in and take a lot more mid-range last year than he had previously, and he's elite there.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,059

Post#456 » by sixers hoops » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:05 am

TTP wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:

Shake is still the better shooter of the two. Their career 3 point percentages are very similar but Shake is quite a bit better from the line and they're worlds apart from mid-range.

Korkmaz' big edge over Shake is his willingness to chuck 3s in volume, but part of that is because Korkmaz doesn't really have other options. Despite being a good 3 point shooter, his mid-range is awful and he doesn't get to the rim much.

Shake in his more ball dominant role was willing to step in and take a lot more mid-range last year than he had previously, and he's elite there.

Yeah, people here have have short memories too. Going into last season, half the fan base wanted to dump Thybulle and thought Milton would be 6th man of the year. Now they want to dump Milton and think Thybulle is untouchable.

Young players just come with a lot more highs and lows, and I think Shake could still be a nice bench piece for us.
Iverson Armband
Starter
And1: 1,594

Post#457 » by Iverson Armband » Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:15 am

Doc lost confidence in him and went away from him way too early when he had a tough stretch and Shake never really recovered from it.
always a jump shot away.
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 806

Post#458 » by zaz102 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:26 am

Iverson Armband wrote:Doc lost confidence in him and went away from him way too early when he had a tough stretch and Shake never really recovered from it.
Shake was shook
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#459 » by DCasey91 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:49 am

sixers hoops wrote:

Between you and me I’d rather give the bulk mins from the bench between Maxey and Milton firstly. Curry is by far our best release valve (so was Redick)

Korkmaz is so one dimensional and not even good at it to be even on the floor.

Should only be one rule for Maxey/Milton and that’s to score. Get on the ball, and score.
Production is key from the bench, defense takes a backseat.

Bench lineup should be:

Milton
Maxey
Harris

Or one place for Curry. Scott if he was fit should have got burn too. That way you have two threats on the outside

Won’t solve the problem when Embiid sits but it’s a great chance of keeping the teams scoring afloat just enough.

They were the X factor in two wins against the Hawks.

But Doc isn’t exactly a genius. When Green and Korkmaz on more than a few games in the RS was actually handling and creating with the rock I shudder to think what his actual plan was lol.

He did throw dung at the wall when he played Maxey it wasn’t proactive it was reactive.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#460 » by DCasey91 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:53 am

Iverson Armband wrote:Doc lost confidence in him and went away from him way too early when he had a tough stretch and Shake never really recovered from it.

It’s weird though because Milton blitzed a game when we needed it badly, then game 7 we were up 4 with 7 to go when Shake finally got a go after half and running our best lineup with actual action aplenty. In that game thread I was dismayed that Milton didn’t even see the court prior.

But Doc had small gonads and put Curry back in (nepotism), the ranga went off and that was all she wrote.

If you have the momentum ride it. When you’re enemy makes a mistake do nothing. Nate didn’t make a move just went with the flow when we blundered it.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers