Welcome Shake Milton

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Re: Welcome Shake Milton 

Post#61 » by ankle420breaker » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:45 pm

Negrodamus wrote:

Shake is getting much better around the rim compared to college.
Looks as though he seeks out that outside paint area from just inside the charity stripe. Gets to his spot and either uses the floater or takes that 10' turnaround jumper (nice shot to keep in his bag) depending on what the defense gives him.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,736

Post#62 » by Negrodamus » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:00 pm

ankle420breaker wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

Looks as though he seeks out that outside paint area from just inside the charity stripe. Gets to his spot and either uses the floater or takes that 10' turnaround jumper (nice shot to keep in his bag) depending on what the defense gives him.

His shot has changed a little bit too. He's not flaying out the legs as much. I still think of all the prospects we brought in this past draft, Shake is the most suited for Bretts type of offense. His vision in cross court passes and lobs without needing the PnR is something we haven't really seen on this team during the Brett Brown era. The SMU offense with Shake and Semi Ojeleye felt like the type of offense Brett wants to run.

I said it in college, but Shake has a very Harden type game. The only problem is that he doesn't have Harden type athleticism.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#63 » by LloydFree » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:22 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
ankle420breaker wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

His shot has changed a little bit too. He's not flaying out the legs as much. I still think of all the prospects we brought in this past draft, Shake is the most suited for Bretts type of offense. His vision in cross court passes and lobs without needing the PnR is something we haven't really seen on this team during the Brett Brown era. The SMU offense with Shake and Semi Ojeleye felt like the type of offense Brett wants to run.

I said it in college, but Shake has a very Harden type game. The only problem is that he doesn't have Harden type athleticism.

Yes. Very Harden like. Just needs to pack on some muscle to get his game to play.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#64 » by Foshan » Tue Jan 1, 2019 9:00 am

What is his contract situation like again?
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#65 » by TTP » Sun Jan 6, 2019 11:25 pm

He's been great in his limited minutes. I want to see as much of him as possible.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
Kolkmania
Analyst
And1: 1,664

Post#66 » by Kolkmania » Mon Jan 7, 2019 8:37 am

Foshan wrote:What is his contract situation like again?

Currently on a two-year deal as a two-way player. Which means he's allowed to spend 45 days with the Sixers per year. I think we can assume that he'll get a renewed contract as a full time member of the Sixers fairly soon. We have the roster spot and he has clearly shown enough potential for a commitment.

Would love to see a Hinkie-special deal like Bolden.
mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,609

Post#67 » by mithrandir17 » Mon Jan 7, 2019 9:36 am

Does anyone have information on how many days remain on his 45-day assignment with the sixers?
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers

Post#68 » by Foshan » Mon Jan 7, 2019 10:06 am

Kolkmania wrote:
Foshan wrote:What is his contract situation like again?

Currently on a two-year deal as a two-way player. Which means he's allowed to spend 45 days with the Sixers per year. I think we can assume that he'll get a renewed contract as a full time member of the Sixers fairly soon. We have the roster spot and he has clearly shown enough potential for a commitment.

Would love to see a Hinkie-special deal like Bolden.

cool thanks.

I was wondering how that would work roster space wise. would be fabulous if we can get him on a Hinkie special.
Kova
Veteran
And1: 710

Post#69 » by Kova » Mon Jan 7, 2019 11:24 am

I like his kid. He's not afraid of opportunity.
Winejk
Bench Warmer
And1: 432

Post#70 » by Winejk » Wed Jan 9, 2019 6:48 pm

Noticed that Shake was playing PG in garbage time of last nights game. I always considered him more of a SG, but if he can play PG, that would be huge.

I have to say I've been impressed with the youth of the Sixers. Bolden, Milton, Shamet and Korkmaz have all shown flashes and potential. Too bad they aren't further along in their development because the Sixers need battle tested players now, but if Brown keeps giving them playing time, they are going to get to the point where they are solid contributors IMO. Whether that's later this season or next, I don't know.
APettyJ
Junior
And1: 221

Post#71 » by APettyJ » Wed Jan 9, 2019 7:50 pm

Winejk wrote:Noticed that Shake was playing PG in garbage time of last nights game. I always considered him more of a SG, but if he can play PG, that would be huge.

People keep saying this, 'I thought of Shake as more of a SG', but he played PG in college. Is it because people assume with Ben, Fultz and TJ on the team there's no way the Sixers would use Milton, or Shamet for that matter, in the PG role?
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#72 » by LloydFree » Wed Jan 9, 2019 8:59 pm

APettyJ wrote:
Winejk wrote:Noticed that Shake was playing PG in garbage time of last nights game. I always considered him more of a SG, but if he can play PG, that would be huge.

People keep saying this, 'I thought of Shake as more of a SG', but he played PG in college. Is it because people assume with Ben, Fultz and TJ on the team there's no way the Sixers would use Milton, or Shamet for that matter, in the PG role?

I think it's a combination. Guys assuming he'll be a SG because we already have Been, Fultz and TJ or assuming he's a SG because of his measurements and his shooting stats or just plain never seeing him play.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Monix
Pro Prospect
And1: 660

Post#73 » by Monix » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:38 pm

I don't see enough quickness/athleticism for Shake to be a factor
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#74 » by Negrodamus » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:19 pm

Maybe I underestimated Shake's ability to add explosiveness to his game. He threw it down twice in traffic in this game. I wonder if we'll phase Kork out at some point and give those minutes to Shake.
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#75 » by PhilasFinest » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:32 pm

Negrodamus wrote:

Maybe I underestimated Shake's ability to add explosiveness to his game. He threw it down twice in traffic in this game. I wonder if we'll phase Kork out at some point and give those minutes to Shake.

I doubt it. Hes probably staying in Delaware from the sounds of it.

Zhaire Smith is starting his rehab stint....i think they will probably look for him and/or Fultz (if he returns) to take those minutes along with Brewer if he stays.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#76 » by Negrodamus » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:54 pm

PhilasFinest wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

Zhaire Smith is starting his rehab stint....i think they will probably look for him and/or Fultz (if he returns) to take those minutes along with Brewer if he stays.

I can't imagine Zhaire will be a major contributor to this team this year. Being a rookie and out as long as he has, along with being as raw as he is, it just doesn't seem in the cards.
agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#77 » by agiaco » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:23 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
PhilasFinest wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

I can't imagine Zhaire will be a major contributor to this team this year. Being a rookie and out as long as he has, along with being as raw as he is, it just doesn't seem in the cards.

Yeah I don't see either of Fultz or Smith contributing any more this year (nor Shake).
Winejk
Bench Warmer
And1: 432

Post#78 » by Winejk » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:30 pm

Watching Delaware will be like the early days of the process. Milton, Highsmith and Zhaire will make it interesting.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers

Post#79 » by Foshan » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:21 am

Winejk wrote:Watching Delaware will be like the early days of the process. Milton, Highsmith and Zhaire will make it interesting.

Next months Delaware starting line up: Fultz-Shake-Zhaire-Hightower-Patton would definitely fill that new arena :)
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#80 » by PhilasFinest » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:32 pm

Saw something on twitter saying that we essentially have Shake + Highsmith on 2 year, 2-way contracts?

Interesting if so, but I guess its good to have 2 wings developing in Delaware. If just 1 turns into a rotation piece for us, its a win.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .

Return to Philadelphia 76ers