ImageImageImage

Fantasy Trade Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,194

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#481 » by ProcessDoctor » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:40 am

I'm down for trading Fultz for an expiring, but it'd be nice to have it be a player we might want to to re-sign this summer.

Fultz + Korkmaz + Patton for Ross + Isaac
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#482 » by 51X3RF4N » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:52 pm

Honestly, the Iverson stuff has me thinking that Jimmy Butler is not only going to resign with the Sixers long term, but that he is excited to do so and can't wait to make it official.

----- side note here: can Shamet become a legit starter? If he continues to hit catch and shoot 3s with that quick release and can find a groove and stay hot, and pick up the defense without fouling he may be a major piece to this puzzle----

I resisted wanting to trade Fultz for a long time now because I still think that he is at his lowest value right now and it doesn't make sense to sell low...and because I think he can still get his game back to a high level.

But if there was a roster construction that I think makes the most sense, it would be to bring in a "Guard", point or otherwise, who can defend the opposing PG with tenacity, while being able to hit catch and shoot 3s and play off the ball. Maybe that is Shamet to a degree. Maybe it's Zhaire one day?

But being that they are both rookies, I think the time is right to find a veteran to fill that role. And I wonder what it would cost to bring in someone like that. Preferably on a team friendly contract.

Let's keep calling Ben a PG, but let's really play him at PF.

Player X/JJ/Jimmy/Ben/Joel

With a bench of

TJ/Shamet/Smith/Muscala/Bolden/Patton/Amir

That would be my foundation for the future. I could see a veteran wing brought in via trade or maybe free agency next year to come off the bench. I could see the Sixers banking on Patton/Bolden/Muscala off the bench being enough behind Simmons and Embiid, so they let Amir walk.

I could see JJ, TJ, and Muscala all signing reasonable deals to come back. But not Korkmaz.

So between Fultz, Korkmaz, and Chandler there is either a deal to be made that brings in 2 players (maybe one vet wing off the bench, and one player X to start at Guard)....

Maybe Chandler isn't even included in the deal and continues to play out his expiring contract. But that means Korkmaz, Fultz, and draft picks would be headlining the trade that lands 2 veterans.

Find me that deal?
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,990

Post#483 » by spikeslovechild » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:55 pm

sixers4real wrote:
PhillyFan11 wrote:
sixers4real wrote:I agree. A star has to become available in a trade this year IF they trade Fultz. Ala Beal, as I’ve said earlier. But it’s highly unlikely that we are getting a star via trade this year.
I say there is more then 50% that Fultz is NOT a Sixer in October 2019. Because Sixers will hunt for another star. Most likely via FA 2019. In that case, Fultz money has to be dumped.

Out of curiosity...why does a star have to be available to trade Fultz? Do you think he is going to build on his value this year? Do you have confidence that he will be ready to make the jump to good starter next year?
I don’t want to give him away for nothing, but if we have a chance to get 1 or 2 players that can help us make a legit run this year I say go for it. Gotta cut your losses sooner rather than later

A. We can trade Fultz + Chandler + Smith + MIA pick + Sixers 2020 first round pick for Beal. He is available BTW.
B. we can trade Fultz for some team for future first if a player like Middleton or Tobias Harris agrees to come here but we need to dump salary.

Either way, Fultz is a PG, and basically he is Simmons backup. Backup PGs are not that hard to find. And I say that as a longtime Fultz supporter.

I'd love to get Howard as well. I know he has a bad rep but Amir is killing us and we could use a guy who can give Embiid some rest.
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,894

Post#484 » by sixers4real » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:15 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:
sixers4real wrote:
PhillyFan11 wrote:
Out of curiosity...why does a star have to be available to trade Fultz? Do you think he is going to build on his value this year? Do you have confidence that he will be ready to make the jump to good starter next year?
I don’t want to give him away for nothing, but if we have a chance to get 1 or 2 players that can help us make a legit run this year I say go for it. Gotta cut your losses sooner rather than later

A. We can trade Fultz + Chandler + Smith + MIA pick + Sixers 2020 first round pick for Beal. He is available BTW.
B. we can trade Fultz for some team for future first if a player like Middleton or Tobias Harris agrees to come here but we need to dump salary.

Either way, Fultz is a PG, and basically he is Simmons backup. Backup PGs are not that hard to find. And I say that as a longtime Fultz supporter.

I'd love to get Howard as well. I know he has a bad rep but Amir is killing us and we could use a guy who can give Embiid some rest.

Not a fan a Dwight, only IF that's the only way to get Beal, okay then. But nah, I have locker room concerns with him. Big concerns.
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,894

Post#485 » by sixers4real » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:18 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:Honestly, the Iverson stuff has me thinking that Jimmy Butler is not only going to resign with the Sixers long term, but that he is excited to do so and can't wait to make it official.

----- side note here: can Shamet become a legit starter? If he continues to hit catch and shoot 3s with that quick release and can find a groove and stay hot, and pick up the defense without fouling he may be a major piece to this puzzle----

I resisted wanting to trade Fultz for a long time now because I still think that he is at his lowest value right now and it doesn't make sense to sell low...and because I think he can still get his game back to a high level.

But if there was a roster construction that I think makes the most sense, it would be to bring in a "Guard", point or otherwise, who can defend the opposing PG with tenacity, while being able to hit catch and shoot 3s and play off the ball. Maybe that is Shamet to a degree. Maybe it's Zhaire one day?

But being that they are both rookies, I think the time is right to find a veteran to fill that role. And I wonder what it would cost to bring in someone like that. Preferably on a team friendly contract.

With a bench of

That would be my foundation for the future. I could see a veteran wing brought in via trade or maybe free agency next year to come off the bench. I could see the Sixers banking on Patton/Bolden/Muscala off the bench being enough behind Simmons and Embiid, so they let Amir walk.

I could see JJ, TJ, and Muscala all signing reasonable deals to come back. But not Korkmaz.

So between Fultz, Korkmaz, and Chandler there is either a deal to be made that brings in 2 players (maybe one vet wing off the bench, and one player X to start at Guard)....

Maybe Chandler isn't even included in the deal and continues to play out his expiring contract. But that means Korkmaz, Fultz, and draft picks would be headlining the trade that lands 2 veterans.

Find me that deal?

My proposal still the same lol.
Fultz + Chandler + Smith + MIA pick + 2020 Sixers first round pick = Beal

Very unlikely that Wizards will take that, but with the GM that they have you never know.
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
peZt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,642

Post#486 » by peZt » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:54 pm

sixers4real wrote:
51X3RF4N wrote:Honestly, the Iverson stuff has me thinking that Jimmy Butler is not only going to resign with the Sixers long term, but that he is excited to do so and can't wait to make it official.

With a bench of

Find me that deal?

My proposal still the same lol.
Fultz + Chandler + Smith + MIA pick + 2020 Sixers first round pick = Beal

Very unlikely that Wizards will take that, but with the GM that they have you never know.

Throw in Bolden and maybe another first round pick and I could very well see the Wizards accept that offer. It's certainly better than the Batum + Lamb + Bridges + CHA pick they were discussing on their forum

Beal
Redick
Butler
Simmons
Embiid

would be FILTHY. Bench would be quite trash tho. Maybe get them to include Jeff Green as well
BigSleep333
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,632

Post#487 » by BigSleep333 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:09 pm

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8ozxvdt

i would even throw in a top20 prot. 1st to get rid of fultz.
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,300

Post#488 » by NotACat » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:03 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:I'm down for trading Fultz for an expiring, but it'd be nice to have it be a player we might want to to re-sign this summer.

Magic fan here lurking to see how you all value Fultz. There's no way on earth our FO agrees to that, Isaac isn't getting moved and Ross has been a great 6th man and a leader on our bench unit.

I was thinking more along the lines of Fultz for OKC 2020 1st and JSimms ($1 million guaranteed next year).
Black Lives Matter
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,723

Post#489 » by the_process » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:58 pm

Maybe they can still get Ariza for Fultz and Korkmaz?
the_process
RealGM

Post#490 » by the_process » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:59 pm

NotACat wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:I'm down for trading Fultz for an expiring, but it'd be nice to have it be a player we might want to to re-sign this summer.

Magic fan here lurking to see how you all value Fultz. There's no way on earth our FO agrees to that, Isaac isn't getting moved and Ross has been a great 6th man and a leader on our bench unit.

I was thinking more along the lines of Fultz for OKC 2020 1st and JSimms ($1 million guaranteed next year).

YES!!!
the_process
RealGM

Post#491 » by the_process » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:01 pm

BigSleep333 wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8ozxvdt

i would even throw in a top20 prot. 1st to get rid of fultz.

YES!!!
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,294

Post#492 » by babyjax13 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:11 am

Fultz + Smith + Chandler + 1st for Porter?

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#493 » by BullyKing » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:18 am

babyjax13 wrote:Fultz + Smith + Chandler + 1st for Porter?

I'd rather wait and use our cap space.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Post#494 » by freshie2 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:23 am

Too much. I would think that may get you close to Beal (may take 2 #1s). Fultz, Chandler and a 1 for Porter maybe??
ProcessDoctor
RealGM

Post#495 » by ProcessDoctor » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:53 am

Take out Smith and the 1st, add Korkmaz and a 2nd.

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Post#496 » by Kobblehead » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:05 am

Porter is a terrible asset on a max, even if he's a really good player.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#497 » by Foshan » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:52 am

freshie2 wrote:

Too much. I would think that may get you close to Beal (may take 2 #1s). Fultz, Chandler and a 1 for Porter maybe??

I like Porter as a fit, in thst he could switch 2-4 on defense pretty easily, playing him would let us play butler as more of s 2 than 3.

Would not add a good first to Fultz/chandler, as he is paid stupid money considering his role imo.
nrok10307
Junior
And1: 189

Post#498 » by nrok10307 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:29 pm

Kobblehead wrote:

Porter is a terrible asset on a max, even if he's a really good player.

Agree. Championship teams dont give out max contracts to good players - thats how you end up like Washington. We should be able to find a player that can give 80% of Porter’s production at 50% of the price i.e. Covington, Josh Richardson, Ariza, etc.
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#499 » by Rastas » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:25 pm

Whats next : Fultz , Kork and a 2nd for JR and Korver.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM

Post#500 » by ProcessDoctor » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:25 pm

Porter is only overpaid for 2.5 more seasons, including the PO in the final year of his contract. I'm sure we could agree to a reasonable extension after that. I think it's worth it to get rid of Fultz and receive a valuable player in return.

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba

Return to Philadelphia 76ers