ImageImageImage

Fantasy Trade Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, sixers hoops, CoreyGallagher, Sixerscan, Foshan, BullyKing

cool93
Starter
Posts: 2,171
And1: 1,336
Joined: Jul 24, 2016
 

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1361 » by cool93 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:49 pm

XtremeDunkz wrote:
phillynative wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:
Its time to start using these picks and hitting on them. We need cheap talent that can play.


odds seem slim


Sure are but thats how successful teams stay competitive. Looney and Bell on GS for example.


Not arguing your general thought, but Bell is garbage. His production can be found for minimum every year.
Negrodamus
RealGM
Posts: 12,147
And1: 4,796
Joined: Aug 05, 2004

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1362 » by Negrodamus » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:16 am

51X3RF4N wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:Sign and trade Tobias Harris for Spencer Dinwiddie and Joe Harris.

Removes the log jam at guard. Get to keep DLo and be able to sign Kyrie. We get a sensational scorer to start at guard and also get one of the better three point shooters in the league. Everyone in this trade idea suck at defense, it's just making the fit right for both teams.
I like this. Dinwiddie is on a reasonable contract with a player option in year 3, and Harris would be an expiring that could be traded at the deadline or could stay in Philly if the fit is good.

Dinwiddie
JJ
Butler
Simmons
Embiid

With a bench of

TJ
Zhaire
J. Harris
M. Scott
Bolden

That's not a terrible starting point plus it gives the Sixers more money ($19M for Harris and Dinwiddie combined vs. Whatever Tobias will cost) to spend in free agency.

But with Simmons and Dinwiddie on the court together, is there enough spacing? Dinwiddie isn't exactly a 40% 3pt shooter.


He's definitely a creator of offense, so I'm sure that's why his 3pt% struggles, especially shooting at volume (5 per game).

What I think would be his biggest impact would be half court offense. Between him and Jimmy, there are guys that can put pressure on driving in the paint which would open things up for shooters like Joe Harris, Redick, and whoever else we sign. I find that type of player more important for this team than what Tobias does, especially if he's demanding a max contract.
User avatar
Arsenal
General Manager
Posts: 8,278
And1: 4,122
Joined: Jun 05, 2002
Location: Arlington, VA
         

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1363 » by Arsenal » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:15 am

Negrodamus wrote:
51X3RF4N wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:Sign and trade Tobias Harris for Spencer Dinwiddie and Joe Harris.

Removes the log jam at guard. Get to keep DLo and be able to sign Kyrie. We get a sensational scorer to start at guard and also get one of the better three point shooters in the league. Everyone in this trade idea suck at defense, it's just making the fit right for both teams.
I like this. Dinwiddie is on a reasonable contract with a player option in year 3, and Harris would be an expiring that could be traded at the deadline or could stay in Philly if the fit is good.

Dinwiddie
JJ
Butler
Simmons
Embiid

With a bench of

TJ
Zhaire
J. Harris
M. Scott
Bolden

That's not a terrible starting point plus it gives the Sixers more money ($19M for Harris and Dinwiddie combined vs. Whatever Tobias will cost) to spend in free agency.

But with Simmons and Dinwiddie on the court together, is there enough spacing? Dinwiddie isn't exactly a 40% 3pt shooter.


He's definitely a creator of offense, so I'm sure that's why his 3pt% struggles, especially shooting at volume (5 per game).

What I think would be his biggest impact would be half court offense. Between him and Jimmy, there are guys that can put pressure on driving in the paint which would open things up for shooters like Joe Harris, Redick, and whoever else we sign. I find that type of player more important for this team than what Tobias does, especially if he's demanding a max contract.


It would be a home run trade for us to get Dinwiddie and J. Harris for Tobias. Could start J. Harris and let Din run the 2nd unit off the bench like he does now with BKN.
#ThankYouSam | #TrustTheProcess
smittybanton
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,621
And1: 367
Joined: Jul 30, 2016

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1364 » by smittybanton » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:56 pm

i'm finding it hard to believe the Thunder are going to double down on that roster instead of cutting costs. To test their mettle, I would offer Jonah Bolden and draft picks for Jerami Grant's contract. I doubt Brett Brown would want Jeremi and Nerlens back, but that's what I'd do.
smittybanton
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,621
And1: 367
Joined: Jul 30, 2016

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1365 » by smittybanton » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:03 pm

looks like the pelicans are shopping for a five with the #4 pick. supposedly interested in myles turner/damontas sabonis. probably similar interest in carter/markannen situation. but i'm thinking if the orlando magi c re-sign nikola vucevic (which I don't think they had originally intended before he surprisingly led them to the playoffs last year), they could do well to trade Mohamed Bamba to the Pelicans for the rights to the point guard Orlando desperately needs, Darius Garland. wouldn't make markelle happy, obviously. lol.
smittybanton
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,621
And1: 367
Joined: Jul 30, 2016

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1366 » by smittybanton » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:30 pm

once the knicks strikeo ut on the big dogs, i could see them using their capspace on marquee names, trading ntilikina for chris paul, and signing jabari parker.
the_process
RealGM
Posts: 17,268
And1: 3,959
Joined: May 01, 2010

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1367 » by the_process » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:24 pm

smittybanton wrote:once the knicks strikeo ut on the big dogs, i could see them using their capspace on marquee names, trading ntilikina for chris paul, and signing jabari parker.


Yeah, IMO CP3 ends up in NY or LA.
HartfordWhalers wrote:The Tobias Harris trade was set your pants on fire while wearing them bad at the time. And still is.
smittybanton
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,621
And1: 367
Joined: Jul 30, 2016

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1368 » by smittybanton » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:15 pm

the Lakers are hoping to trade Mo Wagner, Isaac Bonga and Jemerrio Jones to a third team in the blockbuster trade to clear up enough cap space for a $32M max deal. As it stands, the Lakers could have just three players on their roster entering free agency: LeBron James, Anthony Davis and Kyle Kuzma. In addition to chasing a third star with the cap space they hope to open up, the Lakers are also hoping to buy some second-round picks in the upcoming draft.


I liked Bonga in last year's draft, and Wagner showed me something in summer league.
Wagner shot poorly from 3pt last year, but I woudn't expect that to last.
In 5 starts he averaged .6 stls and 1.0 blks in 25m/gm. I think there's something to work with there.
More potential than Frank Kaminsky, over whom i am very glad to say Sixers fans have expressed little to no enthusiasm.4

#42 or #54 for Wagner?
#42 and #54 for the blitzkrieg brothers, Wagner and Bonga?
User avatar
51X3RF4N
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,394
And1: 593
Joined: Feb 14, 2008
       

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1369 » by 51X3RF4N » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:55 pm

I would do 42 and 54 for Wagner and Bonga but only if I got some pretty serious assurances from Jimmy that he was signing his deal with us.
Your Future Sixers:

C- Embiid/Patton
PF- ?/Bolden
SF- Butler/?
SG- ?/Zhaire
PG- Simmons/Shamet
smittybanton
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,621
And1: 367
Joined: Jul 30, 2016

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1370 » by smittybanton » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:37 pm

smittybanton wrote:i'm finding it hard to believe the Thunder are going to double down on that roster instead of cutting costs. To test their mettle, I would offer Jonah Bolden and draft picks for Jerami Grant's contract. I doubt Brett Brown would want Jeremi and Nerlens back, but that's what I'd do.


steven adams is on the block, apparently. sacramento kings should have interest. wish we could trade for jeremi and sign nerlens.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
Posts: 9,522
And1: 8,570
Joined: Jan 16, 2014

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1371 » by BullyKing » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:41 pm

I wonder if the Grizz would do Simmons/Bolden/34 for Crowder.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
skulky
Sophomore
Posts: 101
And1: 19
Joined: Jul 31, 2008

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1372 » by skulky » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:28 am

BullyKing wrote:I wonder if the Grizz would do Simmons/Bolden/34 for Crowder.

Came to post similar. If including bolden and the salary cap relief of Simmons I’d maybe do 42, rather than one of the 33/34
Crowder would be great depth, but do you do the trade if it costs you mike Scott?
PhillyFan11
Junior
Posts: 354
And1: 101
Joined: Jun 23, 2018

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1373 » by PhillyFan11 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:27 pm

In the event that Jimmy decides he won’t sign with us and wants to go to Houston:

3 team sign and trade:

Houston Trades: Eric Gordon and Capela
Houston Receives: Jimmy Butler

Clippers Trade: Gallinari and Sixers 2020 1st round pick
Clippers Receive: Clint Capella and Bolden

Sixers Trade: Jimmy Butler and Bolden
Sixers Receive: Gordon, Gallinari, own 2020 1st
cool93
Starter
Posts: 2,171
And1: 1,336
Joined: Jul 24, 2016
 

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1374 » by cool93 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:43 pm

PhillyFan11 wrote:In the event that Jimmy decides he won’t sign with us and wants to go to Houston:

3 team sign and trade:

Houston Trades: Eric Gordon and Capela
Houston Receives: Jimmy Butler

Clippers Trade: Gallinari and Sixers 2020 1st round pick
Clippers Receive: Clint Capella and Bolden

Sixers Trade: Jimmy Butler and Bolden
Sixers Receive: Gordon, Gallinari, own 2020 1st


Clippers don't have our 1st. They traded it to Nets.
howiezbt
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,364
And1: 42
Joined: Jun 04, 2002

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1375 » by howiezbt » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:43 pm

I like it for the Sixers (with or without a future first)
User avatar
51X3RF4N
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,394
And1: 593
Joined: Feb 14, 2008
       

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1376 » by 51X3RF4N » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:52 am

Houston in:
Jimmy Butler

Washington in:
Clint Capela

Brooklyn in:
Jonathan Simmons

Philly in:
Bobby Portis S&T $16M per
Spencer Dinwiddie
Taureen Prince

Why?

For Houston, obvious

For Washington, they don't want to pay Portis all that money, but what if they could shed $1M from Simmons and pick up Capela on a reasonable deal, and fill their C position to grow with Beal?

For Brookyln, they clear $13M by trading Dinwiddie and Prince, and only taking back $1M in Simmons, which allows them to go sign 2 max FAs plus vets that fit to build around them. Kyrie/LeVert/KD/Vet/Allen

For Philly, turn Jimmy's $30M into a team friendly $10M for Dinwiddie who fits next to Ben, a $16M Portis who fits next to Embiid at the 4, and $3M Prince who can be signed next season with Ben to go over the cap or whatever. All 3 of these guys fit and fill immediate starting roles. Then we have however much money left to sign depth.

In this scenario, Sixers find another team to take on Gordon's salary to match money and absorb him into cap space while collecting a pick from Houston.
Your Future Sixers:

C- Embiid/Patton
PF- ?/Bolden
SF- Butler/?
SG- ?/Zhaire
PG- Simmons/Shamet
User avatar
Arsenal
General Manager
Posts: 8,278
And1: 4,122
Joined: Jun 05, 2002
Location: Arlington, VA
         

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1377 » by Arsenal » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:18 am

51X3RF4N wrote:Houston in:
Jimmy Butler

Washington in:
Clint Capela

Brooklyn in:
Jonathan Simmons

Philly in:
Bobby Portis S&T $16M per
Spencer Dinwiddie
Taureen Prince

Why?

For Houston, obvious

For Washington, they don't want to pay Portis all that money, but what if they could shed $1M from Simmons and pick up Capela on a reasonable deal, and fill their C position to grow with Beal?

For Brookyln, they clear $13M by trading Dinwiddie and Prince, and only taking back $1M in Simmons, which allows them to go sign 2 max FAs plus vets that fit to build around them. Kyrie/LeVert/KD/Vet/Allen

For Philly, turn Jimmy's $30M into a team friendly $10M for Dinwiddie who fits next to Ben, a $16M Portis who fits next to Embiid at the 4, and $3M Prince who can be signed next season with Ben to go over the cap or whatever. All 3 of these guys fit and fill immediate starting roles. Then we have however much money left to sign depth.

In this scenario, Sixers find another team to take on Gordon's salary to match money and absorb him into cap space while collecting a pick from Houston.


We absolutely want no part of Portis at $16M. No thanks.
#ThankYouSam | #TrustTheProcess
Aussiepiston1
Rookie
Posts: 1,064
And1: 199
Joined: Mar 12, 2009
   

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1378 » by Aussiepiston1 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:53 am

51X3RF4N wrote:Houston in:
Jimmy Butler

Washington in:
Clint Capela

Brooklyn in:
Jonathan Simmons

Philly in:
Bobby Portis S&T $16M per
Spencer Dinwiddie
Taureen Prince

Why?

For Houston, obvious

For Washington, they don't want to pay Portis all that money, but what if they could shed $1M from Simmons and pick up Capela on a reasonable deal, and fill their C position to grow with Beal?

For Brookyln, they clear $13M by trading Dinwiddie and Prince, and only taking back $1M in Simmons, which allows them to go sign 2 max FAs plus vets that fit to build around them. Kyrie/LeVert/KD/Vet/Allen

For Philly, turn Jimmy's $30M into a team friendly $10M for Dinwiddie who fits next to Ben, a $16M Portis who fits next to Embiid at the 4, and $3M Prince who can be signed next season with Ben to go over the cap or whatever. All 3 of these guys fit and fill immediate starting roles. Then we have however much money left to sign depth.

In this scenario, Sixers find another team to take on Gordon's salary to match money and absorb him into cap space while collecting a pick from Houston.

No way Brooklyn does this, they really like Dinwiddie and I'm sure they want Prince.
Houston needs to send Gordon out in this trade to match salaries.
Boston is Rumoured to want Capela so I'd ask for Jaylen Brown, Eric Gordon and Houston's 1st round pick
Capela to Boston and Jimmy to Houston.
Simmons/JJ/Brown/Harris/Embiid with Gordon/Scott/Thybulle/Smith/Bolden off the bench and hopefully we'd have money for a back up big like Vonleh
PhillyFan11
Junior
Posts: 354
And1: 101
Joined: Jun 23, 2018

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1379 » by PhillyFan11 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:09 am

Sixers get: Eric Gordon, Tim Hardaway Jr and Mavs 2020 1st

Rockets get: Jimmy

Mavs get: Capela

Sixers get $30M worth of expiring contracts + the Mavs 1st.

Wouldn’t be shocked if something like this happens. Wouldn’t really want THJ but I could see the front office not wanting $ guaranteed beyond this year
FlyingArrow
Rookie
Posts: 1,021
And1: 468
Joined: May 29, 2018
   

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1380 » by FlyingArrow » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:21 am

PhillyFan11 wrote:Sixers get: Eric Gordon, Tim Hardaway Jr and Mavs 2020 1st

Rockets get: Jimmy

Mavs get: Capela

Sixers get $30M worth of expiring contracts + the Mavs 1st.

Wouldn’t be shocked if something like this happens. Wouldn’t really want THJ but I could see the front office not wanting $ guaranteed beyond this year

I'd rather let Jimmy walk and have the cap space.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers