ImageImageImage

Fantasy Trade Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

PhillyFan11
Rookie
And1: 444

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1021 » by PhillyFan11 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:11 pm

the_process wrote:The bench is paper thin. Brett is going to Thibs the starting 5 by Valentine's Day if this keeps up. Reinforcements are mandatory, not optional. It's a seller's market because 23 teams still think they can make the playoffs, so everyone's buying. It's going to be a little rough, the Sixers are going to lose on value. What you want to see is bringing in guys who fit and you want to re-sign so if no FA's come you can operate as an over-the-cap team.

Really what it comes down to is what do we actually have to trade? If the FO is going to hold on to Fultz (or if he doesn’t have value), then we have a couple expirings in Muscala and Chandler + picks. Maybe Patton has some value, but that’s about it as far as trades go. Don’t see us trading Shamet or Zhaire. And our expirings both play a fairly significant role so a 1 for 1 swap really doesn’t help much. Short of taking back a bad contract I think it’s going to be very hard to both upgrade the starter(s) and depth at the same time unless we are willing to trade at least a first.

So it’s either sit back and wait to be bounced from the playoffs because the the team currently constructed clearly isn’t good enough...OR trade who/what you can and make a run for it. I think it would take a pretty stupid deal to disrupt anything in the future for this team
cool93
Analyst
And1: 1,992

Post#1022 » by cool93 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:24 pm

PhillyFan11 wrote:
the_process wrote:The bench is paper thin. Brett is going to Thibs the starting 5 by Valentine's Day if this keeps up. Reinforcements are mandatory, not optional. It's a seller's market because 23 teams still think they can make the playoffs, so everyone's buying. It's going to be a little rough, the Sixers are going to lose on value. What you want to see is bringing in guys who fit and you want to re-sign so if no FA's come you can operate as an over-the-cap team.

Really what it comes down to is what do we actually have to trade? If the FO is going to hold on to Fultz (or if he doesn’t have value), then we have a couple expirings in Muscala and Chandler + picks. Maybe Patton has some value, but that’s about it as far as trades go. Don’t see us trading Shamet or Zhaire. And our expirings both play a fairly significant role so a 1 for 1 swap really doesn’t help much. Short of taking back a bad contract I think it’s going to be very hard to both upgrade the starter(s) and depth at the same time unless we are willing to trade at least a first.

So it’s either sit back and wait to be bounced from the playoffs because the the team currently constructed clearly isn’t good enough...OR trade who/what you can and make a run for it. I think it would take a pretty stupid deal to disrupt anything in the future for this team
Justin Holiday was just traded for two 2nds. We have ton of 2nds and need a wing.

Sent from my C101010 Ultra2 using RealGM mobile app
PhillyFan11
Rookie

Post#1023 » by PhillyFan11 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:14 am

cool93 wrote:
PhillyFan11 wrote:

Justin Holiday was just traded for two 2nds. We have ton of 2nds and need a wing.

Sent from my C101010 Ultra2 using RealGM mobile app

I agree we definitely should have been in on that deal for Holiday. I also don’t doubt that it shouldn’t be that hard to trade a couple of 2nds + Patton for a useful bench player....but that 1 guy isn’t going to be the difference and there would be nothing other than Fultz or a 1st left to trade for upgrades.
Get me that bench 3 and D wing + trade Muscala and a 1st for a starting PF, and then we can go into buy out time looking to round out a team to compete for the East.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,193

Post#1024 » by ProcessDoctor » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:26 am

ATL out: Lin, Prince
ATL in: Fultz, Lee, CHI 2nd

NYK out: Lee, Vonleh
NYK in: Chandler, Korkmaz

PHI out: Fultz, Chandler, Korkmaz, CHI 2nd
PHI in: Vonleh, Lin, Prince

Simmons(24)/Lin(24)
Redick(30)/Shamet(10)/Butler(8)
Butler(24)/Prince(24)
Vonleh(24)/Bolden(16)/Simmons(8)
Embiid(32)/Muscala(16)
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,193

Post#1025 » by ProcessDoctor » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:46 pm

ATL out: Lin, Prince
ATL in: Smith, Johnson, Korkmaz, CHI 2nd, DET 2nd

DET out: Smith, Johnson, 2019 2nd
DET in: Fultz, Patton

PHI out: Fultz, Korkmaz, Patton, CHI 2nd
PHI in: Lin, Prince

Simmons(24)/Lin(24)
Redick(30)/Shamet(10)/Butler(8)
Butler(24)/Prince(24)
Chandler(24)/Bolden(16)/Simmons(8)
Embiid(32)/Muscala(16)
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#1026 » by 51X3RF4N » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:32 pm

Here's mine. It's sort of simple.

Sacramento in:
Korkmaz
Muscala

Atlanta in:
Zhaire
Koufos

Philly in:
Dedmon
Prince

Reason for Sac:

Trading 1 bigger expiring contract for 2 smaller expiring contracts. Give Korkmaz a tryout and maybe they like him enough to offer a long term contract in the off-season. Muscala could in theory be re-routed to another team before the 7th or even a 4th team brought in that would give Sacramento what they need.

Reason for ATL:

Avoid paying Prince before the younger core is ready to compete. Having a core group of 19 year olds Young/Huerter/Zhaire/Collins is exciting. Dedmon for Koufos is a wash.

Reason for Philly:

Trading a young prospect for a win now prospect. Getting a backup C upgrade. Prince can play immediately too, as an added bonus, no waiting for Zhaire to come back healthy.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#1027 » by BullyKing » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:46 am

51X3RF4N wrote:Here's mine. It's sort of simple.

Sacramento in:
Korkmaz
Muscala

Atlanta in:
Zhaire
Koufos

Philly in:
Dedmon
Prince

Reason for Sac:

Trading 1 bigger expiring contract for 2 smaller expiring contracts. Give Korkmaz a tryout and maybe they like him enough to offer a long term contract in the off-season. Muscala could in theory be re-routed to another team before the 7th or even a 4th team brought in that would give Sacramento what they need.

Reason for ATL:

Avoid paying Prince before the younger core is ready to compete. Having a core group of 19 year olds Young/Huerter/Zhaire/Collins is exciting. Dedmon for Koufos is a wash.

Reason for Philly:

Trading a young prospect for a win now prospect. Getting a backup C upgrade. Prince can play immediately too, as an added bonus, no waiting for Zhaire to come back healthy.

My dream is scenario is similar but I don't the Kings need to be involved.

Dedmon for Zhaire and Korkmaz. We take Prince into the Saric TPE. If they insist on us adding our 1st, I'd still probably do it.

Jay Green for Muscala and CHI 2nd. Then do Patton and another 2nd for Justin Holiday.

Redick/TJ/Fultz
Butler/Shamet/Milton
Prince/Chandler/Holiday
Simmons/Green/Bolden
Embiid/Dedmon/Johnson
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
PhillyFan11
Rookie

Post#1028 » by PhillyFan11 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:44 am

Hardaway Jr and Vonleh

For

Chandler, Patton, and Korkmaz

Would you do it? How bad is that Hardaway JR contract for the Sixers? Can he fit nicely next to Ben, Jimmy, and Jo? Or way too overpaid and not worth it?
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,717

Post#1029 » by the_process » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:25 am

PhillyFan11 wrote:Hardaway Jr and Vonleh

For

Would you do it? How bad is that Hardaway JR contract for the Sixers? Can he fit nicely next to Ben, Jimmy, and Jo? Or way too overpaid and not worth it?

I'd rather do something like...

NYK gets Abrines and Muscala
OKC gets Lee
PHI gets Patterson and Vonleh

Patterson is dumpable come the summer if need be, solidifies the big rotation, still have Fultz and a 1st to shop for a wing (Prince?).
phifans
Veteran
And1: 586

Post#1030 » by phifans » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:30 am

Trade A
Chandler Fultz and our first this year for Aaron Gordon from Magic

Trade B
Moose Kork Patton 21Mia first and a second for Dedmon and Prince from Hawks

Starting Simmons - Butler - Prince - Gordon - Embiid with a rotation of JJ TJ Shamat Boldon and Dedmon.
mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,609

Post#1031 » by mithrandir17 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:35 am

Memphis can still trade Holiday on a 1-1 deal right? How about we just replace the seconds they traded for him. Our seconds might be better picks than the ones they've traded.
PhillyFan11
Rookie

Post#1032 » by PhillyFan11 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:06 pm

the_process wrote:

For

OKC gets Lee

Patterson is dumpable come the summer if need be, solidifies the big rotation, still have Fultz and a 1st to shop for a wing (Prince?).

Hmm why would OKC do that for Lee’s contract next year? I’d imagine Lee has to have negative value for what he’s making.

I was really just curious to see if there was any interest in Hardaway Jr since the knicks are reportedly shopping him. 6’6 wing player that can shoot...don’t think his D is good, but don’t think he’s a liability there either. Could be a nice upgrade over JJ next year...but of course there’s the matter of his salary and the fact that he’s probably a little overpaid
the_process
RealGM

Post#1033 » by the_process » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:29 pm

PhillyFan11 wrote:
the_process wrote:

For

OKC gets Lee

Hmm why would OKC do that for Lee’s contract next year? I’d imagine Lee has to have negative value for what he’s making.

I was really just curious to see if there was any interest in Hardaway Jr since the knicks are reportedly shopping him. 6’6 wing player that can shoot...don’t think his D is good, but don’t think he’s a liability there either. Could be a nice upgrade over JJ next year...but of course there’s the matter of his salary and the fact that he’s probably a little overpaid

OKC could really use some shooting. Lee provides that. Patterson and Abrines are both bad, and Patterson has money for next year as well.

And if you think Lee is negative value at his number... why would you think THJ is positive value at his?
PhillyFan11
Rookie

Post#1034 » by PhillyFan11 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:10 pm

the_process wrote:
PhillyFan11 wrote:
the_process wrote:

OKC gets Lee

OKC could really use some shooting. Lee provides that. Patterson and Abrines are both bad, and Patterson has money for next year as well.

And if you think Lee is negative value at his number... why would you think THJ is positive value at his?

1.I was asking on Hardaway...undecided myself as I’ve really only watched him in a handful of games vs the Sixers.

2. We are clearly looking at Courtney Lee much differently. I see a downside of his career, 8th man off the bench, 15-20 min a night guy...someone who’s skill set you can pickup with a MLE if he’s on the market.

Like I said, not claiming to have done research, but I’m pretty sure Hardaway gives you more than that. A 27 year old Hardaway Jr probably still commands pretty good $ on the market. He definitely wouldn’t get the $18M he’s set to make next year, but i think he has plenty of value vs a 33 year old Lee.
the_process
RealGM

Post#1035 » by the_process » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:54 pm

PhillyFan11 wrote:
the_process wrote:
PhillyFan11 wrote:

1.I was asking on Hardaway...undecided myself as I’ve really only watched him in a handful of games vs the Sixers.

2. We are clearly looking at Courtney Lee much differently. I see a downside of his career, 8th man off the bench, 15-20 min a night guy...someone who’s skill set you can pickup with a MLE if he’s on the market.

Like I said, not claiming to have done research, but I’m pretty sure Hardaway gives you more than that. A 27 year old Hardaway Jr probably still commands pretty good $ on the market. He definitely wouldn’t get the $18M he’s set to make next year, but i think he has plenty of value vs a 33 year old Lee.

My point simply was IMO they're valued very similary. The differences are age (as you mentioned) and 2/34 left for THJ, and 1/12 left for Lee. That contract difference wipes out the age value difference.
PhillyFan11
Rookie

Post#1036 » by PhillyFan11 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:42 pm

the_process wrote:
PhillyFan11 wrote:
the_process wrote:

My point simply was IMO they're valued very similary. The differences are age (as you mentioned) and 2/34 left for THJ, and 1/12 left for Lee. That contract difference wipes out the age value difference.

Ok so you’re talking about age and contract....what about actual on court play? Are you suggesting there’s no difference? Lee brings the same value as THJ on the court?
brannigan73
Rookie
And1: 610

Post#1037 » by brannigan73 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:38 pm

Fultz, Chandler, Korkmaz, and our first pick this year to the Cavs for Kevin Love. This would kill two birds with one stone: legitimate stretch four and he could also play some back up center minutes. It brings another star caliber player that doesn't need to handle the ball a lot and who can shoot. Saric fit really well with the Sixers and Love is a rich man's Saric and is significantly better on D then Saric. You can't tell me a core of Embiid, Simmons, Butler,and Love wouldn't win a title in the next 3 years. Its just too talented.
the_process
RealGM

Post#1038 » by the_process » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:24 pm

PhillyFan11 wrote:
the_process wrote:
PhillyFan11 wrote:

My point simply was IMO they're valued very similarly. The differences are age (as you mentioned) and 2/34 left for THJ, and 1/12 left for Lee. That contract difference wipes out the age value difference.

Ok so you’re talking about age and contract....what about actual on court play? Are you suggesting there’s no difference? Lee brings the same value as THJ on the court?

TS% is 53.7 to 52.7 for THJ, Lee has a better ORtg and DRtg, regression to the mean in 3P% strongly favors Lee (career .389, this year .333) over Hardaway (career .346, this year .356). RAPM has THJ at -0.91 and Lee at -1.14. Neither are good defenders, but will put forth effort. On-off net per 100 poss has THJ at -4.7 and Lee at 0.4.

Here's the big difference... USG has THJ at 26.1 and Lee at 15.4. So THJ is taking advantage of being able to chuck on a bad team to post counting stats. Lee doesn't get that benefit.
Benfitnyc
Junior
And1: 119

Post#1039 » by Benfitnyc » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:05 pm

brannigan73 wrote:Fultz, Chandler, Korkmaz, and our first pick this year to the Cavs for Kevin Love. This would kill two birds with one stone: legitimate stretch four and he could also play some back up center minutes. It brings another star caliber player that doesn't need to handle the ball a lot and who can shoot. Saric fit really well with the Sixers and Love is a rich man's Saric and is significantly better on D then Saric. You can't tell me a core of Embiid, Simmons, Butler,and Love wouldn't win a title in the next 3 years. Its just too talented.

If he didn't just sign that outrageous contract this past summer then I'd think about bringing him in. But as in it's current state, that contract is top 7 worst contracts in the NBA. Not to mention he can't stay healthy.

I'd rather give up a fraction of the cost and not jeopardize our cap situation and bring in Portis, Prince, Vonleh, Jaymichael, Green, etc.
Many more productive stretch 4's out there...
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#1040 » by Foshan » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:38 am

Call me crazy, but LA is looking for a super star.

If they'd do Ingram & Kuzma for Butler (KCP as filler) I'd have a hard time saying no. While it would take away our 'big moment/ big shot' guy in butler... I really like the idea of adding long term pieces & depth. While I don't see either of these guys as stars, I think Ingram has pretty elite defensive potential, and Kuzma's a pretty solid stretch 4. It also lets us not have to worry about paying Butler for 5 years.

Leaves us with plenty of money this off season if we want to sign one year old guys (Reddick / Favors) while our young guys continue to grow. Or look to identify young potential guys that we might be able to sign at a decent deal while everyone is chasing after stars (Vonleh for example).

Simmons / Fultz / Milton
Landry / Reddick /
Ingram / Smith /
Kuzma / Bolden
Embiid / Favors

Return to Philadelphia 76ers