Page 66 of 73

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread

Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:46 pm
by 51X3RF4N
SixthStreet wrote:It would probably take another asset to get the Pelicans to think about it. Simmons/Zhaire might get there.

We get to kick the Simmons max contract down the road a couple years and have a little bit more wiggle room to pay a PG in free agency because long term dollars come off the cap on Simmons' extension (although not next years cap).

This obviously only happens if it gets AD to commit to the supermax.

I'd take Zion with the pick though. Not trade it for Beal.
Yeah if I'm trading for the #1 pick, I would have a hard time trading it away. Zion's fit with Butler and Embiid is questionable at best, but still.

Now, if it's a 3 way trade that sends Ben to NOP, #1 pick somewhere else (which NOP should not do this), and a package of something like Devin Booker, Bridges, and a pick to Philly, then I may be more intrigued because of Booker and Bridges obvious fit with Butler and Embiid.

You could even run PG Booker and PG Butler almost all game, and simply use an off ball player to defend other PGs (Zhaire or sign Beverley/Joseph).

Also allows us to resign Harris and Jimmy, right??

Embiid
Harris/Scott
Butler/Bridges
Booker/JJ
Beverley/Zhaire

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread

Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:12 pm
by MambaJuice
I'm firmly in the keep Simmons camp (right now), but just for fun:

Lakers get Ben Simmons
Sixers get #4 pick, Brandom Ingram + Josh Hart. We use the pick on Darius Garland

or

Lakers get Ben Simmons
Sixers get #4 pick, Lonzo Ball and Josh Hart. We use the #4 pick on Jarret Culver

King James gets his Prince to mentor up close. We get two new starters and a nice bench piece.

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread

Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 7:01 pm
by BullyKing
51X3RF4N wrote:
SixthStreet wrote:It would probably take another asset to get the Pelicans to think about it. Simmons/Zhaire might get there.

We get to kick the Simmons max contract down the road a couple years and have a little bit more wiggle room to pay a PG in free agency because long term dollars come off the cap on Simmons' extension (although not next years cap).

This obviously only happens if it gets AD to commit to the supermax.

I'd take Zion with the pick though. Not trade it for Beal.
Yeah if I'm trading for the #1 pick, I would have a hard time trading it away. Zion's fit with Butler and Embiid is questionable at best, but still.

Now, if it's a 3 way trade that sends Ben to NOP, #1 pick somewhere else (which NOP should not do this), and a package of something like Devin Booker, Bridges, and a pick to Philly, then I may be more intrigued because of Booker and Bridges obvious fit with Butler and Embiid.

You could even run PG Booker and PG Butler almost all game, and simply use an off ball player to defend other PGs (Zhaire or sign Beverley/Joseph).

Also allows us to resign Harris and Jimmy, right??

Embiid
Harris/Scott
Butler/Bridges
Booker/JJ
Beverley/Zhaire


No, you cannot both keep the cap holds for all of the free agents you want to bring back (Harris, Butler, Scott, and JJ) while simultaneously trading Simmons' $8 million in salary for the $30 million in salary of Booker and Bridges.

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread

Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 7:51 pm
by mhunt
BullyKing wrote:
51X3RF4N wrote:
SixthStreet wrote:It would probably take another asset to get the Pelicans to think about it. Simmons/Zhaire might get there.

We get to kick the Simmons max contract down the road a couple years and have a little bit more wiggle room to pay a PG in free agency because long term dollars come off the cap on Simmons' extension (although not next years cap).

This obviously only happens if it gets AD to commit to the supermax.

I'd take Zion with the pick though. Not trade it for Beal.
Yeah if I'm trading for the #1 pick, I would have a hard time trading it away. Zion's fit with Butler and Embiid is questionable at best, but still.

Now, if it's a 3 way trade that sends Ben to NOP, #1 pick somewhere else (which NOP should not do this), and a package of something like Devin Booker, Bridges, and a pick to Philly, then I may be more intrigued because of Booker and Bridges obvious fit with Butler and Embiid.

You could even run PG Booker and PG Butler almost all game, and simply use an off ball player to defend other PGs (Zhaire or sign Beverley/Joseph).

Also allows us to resign Harris and Jimmy, right??

Embiid
Harris/Scott
Butler/Bridges
Booker/JJ
Beverley/Zhaire


No, you cannot both keep the cap holds for all of the free agents you want to bring back (Harris, Butler, Scott, and JJ) while simultaneously trading Simmons' $8 million in salary for the $30 million in salary of Booker and Bridges.


Could've been looking at Booker's 18-19 salary rather than his salary for 19-20 on...which is slightly higher. :D

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread

Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:38 pm
by mjkvol
MambaJuice wrote:I'm firmly in the keep Simmons camp (right now), but just for fun:

Lakers get Ben Simmons
Sixers get #4 pick, Brandom Ingram + Josh Hart. We use the pick on Darius Garland

or

Lakers get Ben Simmons
Sixers get #4 pick, Lonzo Ball and Josh Hart. We use the #4 pick on Jarret Culver

King James gets his Prince to mentor up close. We get two new starters and a nice bench piece.


I might actually sign for one of these, especially the first one. Garland is going to be a special player.

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread

Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 11:49 pm
by 51X3RF4N
MambaJuice wrote:I'm firmly in the keep Simmons camp (right now), but just for fun:

Lakers get Ben Simmons
Sixers get #4 pick, Brandom Ingram + Josh Hart. We use the pick on Darius Garland

or

Lakers get Ben Simmons
Sixers get #4 pick, Lonzo Ball and Josh Hart. We use the #4 pick on Jarret Culver

King James gets his Prince to mentor up close. We get two new starters and a nice bench piece.
If I'm trading Ben for #4 plus Ingram and Hart, my next move would be to tell PHX I'm drafting Garland at #4, but would consider dropping to #6 if they send me Bridges in return.

So Hart, Bridges, Ingram, and #6 for Ben.

Next, I would offer Ingram and #6 to Miami for Josh Richardson and #13. Draft Bol Bol at 13.

Then Jimmy goes to PG duties splitting with Richardson and Zhaire initiating the offense. Zhaire/Richardson/Jimmy all switch 1-3 defensively.

Sign Mike Scott/Ennis/JJ/TJ/Dedmon for depth.

Zhaire/Hart/TJ
Richardson/JJ/Shake
Butler/Bridges/Ennis
Harris/Scott/Bolden
Embiid/Dedmon/Bol

Turn Ben Simmons into Josh Hart, Josh Richardson, Mikal Bridges, and Bol Bol.

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 3:15 am
by the_process
51X3RF4N wrote:
MambaJuice wrote:I'm firmly in the keep Simmons camp (right now), but just for fun:

Lakers get Ben Simmons
Sixers get #4 pick, Brandom Ingram + Josh Hart. We use the pick on Darius Garland

or

Lakers get Ben Simmons
Sixers get #4 pick, Lonzo Ball and Josh Hart. We use the #4 pick on Jarret Culver

King James gets his Prince to mentor up close. We get two new starters and a nice bench piece.
If I'm trading Ben for #4 plus Ingram and Hart, my next move would be to tell PHX I'm drafting Garland at #4, but would consider dropping to #6 if they send me Bridges in return.

So Hart, Bridges, Ingram, and #6 for Ben.

Next, I would offer Ingram and #6 to Miami for Josh Richardson and #13. Draft Bol Bol at 13.

Then Jimmy goes to PG duties splitting with Richardson and Zhaire initiating the offense. Zhaire/Richardson/Jimmy all switch 1-3 defensively.

Sign Mike Scott/Ennis/JJ/TJ/Dedmon for depth.

Zhaire/Hart/TJ
Richardson/JJ/Shake
Butler/Bridges/Ennis
Harris/Scott/Bolden
Embiid/Dedmon/Bol

Turn Ben Simmons into Josh Hart, Josh Richardson, Mikal Bridges, and Bol Bol.


Love this idea... but Ingram has a blood clot issue currently and until he's back on the court healthy, he's valueless. So MIA won't do Ingram and 6 for Richardson and 13. I'd think a max Harris S&T to MIA could get Richardson and Ryan Anderson, though.

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread

Posted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:13 pm
by the_process
Ben Simmons, Jon Simmons, 34, and 4M cash to CHI for Markkanen, Hutchison, and #7

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread

Posted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:45 pm
by mhunt
Not to use you folks as my personal capologists for the 2nd time in a week, but...If Tobias signs for the max, but Jimmy leaves...where does that leave them in terms of cap room?

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread

Posted: Fri May 17, 2019 5:38 pm
by youngcrev
mhunt wrote:Not to use you folks as my personal capologists for the 2nd time in a week, but...If Tobias signs for the max, but Jimmy leaves...where does that leave them in terms of cap room?


http://www.shamsports.com/capulator?id=13822342555cd9ae3d10c11805053207

Tobias cap hold is about 10M lower than his salary would be, so in that scenario you'd agree to a deal but wait to actually sign until after you had your other ducks in line. By renouncing everyone else you'd have around 37M to play with

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread

Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 12:22 am
by the_process
Would have to clear a little room for this, but...

AD to LA
Simmons to NO
Beal to PHI
4, Ingram, Ball, and Hart to WSH

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread

Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 12:37 am
by Negrodamus
the_process wrote:Would have to clear a little room for this, but...

AD to LA
Simmons to NO
Beal to PHI
4, Ingram, Ball, and Hart to WSH


So Simmons === Davis in terms of value?

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread

Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 2:53 pm
by Kobblehead
I like any trade where Ben is dealt and a scorer comes back to us.

However, I really think Rich Paul would sabotage most trades by threatening to not sign the rookie max extension.

So I think our options would be limited to the two L.A. teams and the two N.Y. teams.

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread

Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 6:17 pm
by AllHype3
Kobblehead wrote:I like any trade where Ben is dealt and a scorer comes back to us.

However, I really think Rich Paul would sabotage most trades by threatening to not sign the rookie max extension.

So I think our options would be limited to the two L.A. teams and the two N.Y. teams.
I would send Ben to the Clippers in a heartbeat for SGA and Shamet. Also try to get Harrell thrown in as well.

Sent from my SM-J327V using RealGM mobile app

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread

Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:14 am
by 51X3RF4N
Problem with trying to bring Beal in for Ben is who plays PG, who defends PG, and who walks to allow Sixers to pay Beal?

Too complicated.

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread

Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 3:34 am
by ProcessDoctor
51X3RF4N wrote:Problem with trying to bring Beal in for Ben is who plays PG, who defends PG, and who walks to allow Sixers to pay Beal?

Too complicated.


Exactly. Most of the Ben trade proposals involving renouncing at least our bench + one of Toby or Butler. The only feasible Ben trades have to be for a similar contract, which are mostly rookie deals.

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread

Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 3:01 pm
by Kobblehead
Rookie contract scorers:

Jamal Murray
Donovan Mitchell
Luka Doncic
Collin Sexton
Trae Young

Sexton is probably the most attainable.

Sexton + Osman + #5 is a great package for Ben Simmons. We'd be shrewd to pursue that.

Even though Klutch would shut it down.

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread

Posted: Tue May 21, 2019 5:43 pm
by jbent87
Kobblehead wrote:I like any trade where Ben is dealt and a scorer comes back to us.

However, I really think Rich Paul would sabotage most trades by threatening to not sign the rookie max extension.

So I think our options would be limited to the two L.A. teams and the two N.Y. teams.


This Klutch thing is becoming a real situation. We may be looking back at this era at coming and going and not yielding a title for a few different reasons, with this agency being one of them.

If a Simmons trade is going to happen it has to see the light of day just as the ink is drying on completing it, to one of Simmons/Klutchs desired destinations. Or else we're going to have an AD 2.0 situation.

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread

Posted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:06 am
by the_process
Klutch has been publicly shamed, and probably quietly threatened by Nosferatu. Ben Simmons is going to sign a 5 year designated rookie deal with whatever team holds his rights. After that It might get dicey, but that’s six full seasons from now.

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread

Posted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:07 am
by the_process
AllHype3 wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:I like any trade where Ben is dealt and a scorer comes back to us.

However, I really think Rich Paul would sabotage most trades by threatening to not sign the rookie max extension.

So I think our options would be limited to the two L.A. teams and the two N.Y. teams.
I would send Ben to the Clippers in a heartbeat for SGA and Shamet. Also try to get Harrell thrown in as well.

Sent from my SM-J327V using RealGM mobile app


Assuming they won’t trade Harrell... SGA, Shamet, and the MIA 1st for Ben. :wink: