ImageImageImage

Fantasy Trade Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, sixers hoops, CoreyGallagher, Sixerscan, Foshan, BullyKing

User avatar
51X3RF4N
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,394
And1: 593
Joined: Feb 14, 2008
       

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1341 » by 51X3RF4N » Sun Jun 2, 2019 10:49 pm

What if New Orleans decided they want to appease the Klutch folks in an attempt to keep AD, and build around Simmons and AD....

And offered Jrue plus #1 for Ben and all the Sixers picks in this draft.

Obviously you can't sign Tobias in that scenario, but you would have a lineup of:

Jrue
JJ
Jimmy
Zion
Joel

I mean, would that be enough to go to the finals?

Would that team fit together?

Forget the "fantasy" nature of the trade as obviously neither team would ever actually make this deal. But I'm more curious about peoples people's thoughts on the fit and the lineup.
Your Future Sixers:

C- Embiid/Patton
PF- ?/Bolden
SF- Butler/?
SG- ?/Zhaire
PG- Simmons/Shamet
cool93
Starter
Posts: 2,163
And1: 1,332
Joined: Jul 24, 2016
 

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1342 » by cool93 » Mon Jun 3, 2019 5:33 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:What if New Orleans decided they want to appease the Klutch folks in an attempt to keep AD, and build around Simmons and AD....

And offered Jrue plus #1 for Ben and all the Sixers picks in this draft.

Obviously you can't sign Tobias in that scenario, but you would have a lineup of:

Jrue
JJ
Jimmy
Zion
Joel

I mean, would that be enough to go to the finals?

Would that team fit together?

Forget the "fantasy" nature of the trade as obviously neither team would ever actually make this deal. But I'm more curious about peoples people's thoughts on the fit and the lineup.


No one ever would offer #1 for Simmons. Let alone add Jrue.

That would be absolute no brainer for Sixers, of course.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
Posts: 7,847
And1: 1,709
Joined: Jun 28, 2002

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1343 » by sixers hoops » Mon Jun 3, 2019 9:51 pm

Givony is reporting the Suns would trade the 6 pick for a vet point guard. Pretty safe to assume TJ is heading to Cleveland for the 6 pick.
the_process
RealGM
Posts: 17,262
And1: 3,955
Joined: May 01, 2010

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1344 » by the_process » Mon Jun 3, 2019 10:25 pm

sixers hoops wrote:Givony is reporting the Suns would trade the 6 pick for a vet point guard. Pretty safe to assume TJ is heading to Cleveland for the 6 pick.


Cleveland Suns, huh? Or are you assuming some sort of unstated three team deal that I’m missing?
HartfordWhalers wrote:The Tobias Harris trade was set your pants on fire while wearing them bad at the time. And still is.
the_process
RealGM
Posts: 17,262
And1: 3,955
Joined: May 01, 2010

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1345 » by the_process » Mon Jun 3, 2019 10:26 pm

B.Simmons to CHI
J.Simmons and 7 to MIA
L.Markkanen and J.Richardson to PHI
HartfordWhalers wrote:The Tobias Harris trade was set your pants on fire while wearing them bad at the time. And still is.
User avatar
sixerswillrule
RealGM
Posts: 15,984
And1: 3,062
Joined: Jul 24, 2003
Location: DC Area

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1346 » by sixerswillrule » Mon Jun 3, 2019 11:09 pm

the_process wrote:B.Simmons to CHI
J.Simmons and 7 to MIA
L.Markkanen and J.Richardson to PHI


I'd be interested if Lauri could be rerouted for someone like Jrue Holiday.

Holiday
Richardson
Butler
Harris
Embiid

That's a championship team right there. But I don't see a way of making it work salary wise so it's just a fantasy.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
Posts: 7,847
And1: 1,709
Joined: Jun 28, 2002

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1347 » by sixers hoops » Mon Jun 3, 2019 11:22 pm

sixers hoops wrote:Givony is reporting the Suns would trade the 6 pick for a vet point guard. Pretty safe to assume TJ is heading to Cleveland for the 6 pick.


Lol. I ruined my own joke.
User avatar
ZarcMumoff
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,352
And1: 437
Joined: May 19, 2010
Location: Pennsylvania State University
 

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1348 » by ZarcMumoff » Mon Jun 3, 2019 11:25 pm

sixerswillrule wrote:
the_process wrote:B.Simmons to CHI
J.Simmons and 7 to MIA
L.Markkanen and J.Richardson to PHI


I'd be interested if Lauri could be rerouted for someone like Jrue Holiday.

Holiday
Richardson
Butler
Harris
Embiid

That's a championship team right there. But I don't see a way of making it work salary wise so it's just a fantasy.


Not to mention Jonathon Simmons and the #7 pick in a weak draft isn't getting you Josh Richardson.
PhilasFinest
RealGM
Posts: 14,617
And1: 3,555
Joined: Mar 13, 2007
     

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1349 » by PhilasFinest » Mon Jun 3, 2019 11:56 pm

The disrespect for Ben Simmons is terrible.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
User avatar
sixerswillrule
RealGM
Posts: 15,984
And1: 3,062
Joined: Jul 24, 2003
Location: DC Area

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1350 » by sixerswillrule » Tue Jun 4, 2019 12:06 am

PhilasFinest wrote:The disrespect for Ben Simmons is terrible.


He's really talented and I'm far from dying to get rid of him. But if there's a trade for him that would put the team in a better position to win it all in the next 3 years then we should do it. I think that's the best window with Embiid and Butler.
freshie2
RealGM
Posts: 11,180
And1: 490
Joined: Jun 24, 2004

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1351 » by freshie2 » Tue Jun 4, 2019 1:18 am

sixerswillrule wrote:
PhilasFinest wrote:The disrespect for Ben Simmons is terrible.


He's really talented and I'm far from dying to get rid of him. But if there's a trade for him that would put the team in a better position to win it all in the next 3 years then we should do it. I think that's the best window with Embiid and Butler.


This is a tricky situation...he has to come back with a jumper...there’s no other acceptable option. If you get blown away with a deal, you’d have to seriously consider it. My preference is he stays and makes a major leap, but his lack of a jumper is a huge consideration.
PhilasFinest
RealGM
Posts: 14,617
And1: 3,555
Joined: Mar 13, 2007
     

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1352 » by PhilasFinest » Tue Jun 4, 2019 1:33 am

freshie2 wrote:
sixerswillrule wrote:
PhilasFinest wrote:The disrespect for Ben Simmons is terrible.


He's really talented and I'm far from dying to get rid of him. But if there's a trade for him that would put the team in a better position to win it all in the next 3 years then we should do it. I think that's the best window with Embiid and Butler.


This is a tricky situation...he has to come back with a jumper...there’s no other acceptable option. If you get blown away with a deal, you’d have to seriously consider it. My preference is he stays and makes a major leap, but his lack of a jumper is a huge consideration.


If someone blows you away by offering KD or Kawhi, sure.

Outside of that, no way im trading away a 22 year old all-star for Josh Richardson
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
the_process
RealGM
Posts: 17,262
And1: 3,955
Joined: May 01, 2010

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1353 » by the_process » Tue Jun 4, 2019 8:25 am

PhilasFinest wrote:
freshie2 wrote:
sixerswillrule wrote:
He's really talented and I'm far from dying to get rid of him. But if there's a trade for him that would put the team in a better position to win it all in the next 3 years then we should do it. I think that's the best window with Embiid and Butler.


This is a tricky situation...he has to come back with a jumper...there’s no other acceptable option. If you get blown away with a deal, you’d have to seriously consider it. My preference is he stays and makes a major leap, but his lack of a jumper is a huge consideration.


If someone blows you away by offering KD or Kawhi, sure.

Outside of that, no way im trading away a 22 year old all-star for Josh Richardson


And Lauri Markkanen, who would be really good next to Embiid IMO. Also you’re oversimplifing Simmons as an All-Star. We can’t leave out the hinders his teammates big time by not shooting part.
HartfordWhalers wrote:The Tobias Harris trade was set your pants on fire while wearing them bad at the time. And still is.
phillynative
Starter
Posts: 2,329
And1: 375
Joined: Dec 13, 2014

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1354 » by phillynative » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:23 pm

Can we trade the 33 or 34 th pick for a vet?
Negrodamus
RealGM
Posts: 12,146
And1: 4,794
Joined: Aug 05, 2004

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1355 » by Negrodamus » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:48 pm

Sign and trade Tobias Harris for Spencer Dinwiddie and Joe Harris.

Removes the log jam at guard. Get to keep DLo and be able to sign Kyrie. We get a sensational scorer to start at guard and also get one of the better three point shooters in the league. Everyone in this trade idea suck at defense, it's just making the fit right for both teams.
User avatar
51X3RF4N
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,394
And1: 593
Joined: Feb 14, 2008
       

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1356 » by 51X3RF4N » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:33 pm

Negrodamus wrote:Sign and trade Tobias Harris for Spencer Dinwiddie and Joe Harris.

Removes the log jam at guard. Get to keep DLo and be able to sign Kyrie. We get a sensational scorer to start at guard and also get one of the better three point shooters in the league. Everyone in this trade idea suck at defense, it's just making the fit right for both teams.
I like this. Dinwiddie is on a reasonable contract with a player option in year 3, and Harris would be an expiring that could be traded at the deadline or could stay in Philly if the fit is good.

Dinwiddie
JJ
Butler
Simmons
Embiid

With a bench of

TJ
Zhaire
J. Harris
M. Scott
Bolden

That's not a terrible starting point plus it gives the Sixers more money ($19M for Harris and Dinwiddie combined vs. Whatever Tobias will cost) to spend in free agency.

But with Simmons and Dinwiddie on the court together, is there enough spacing? Dinwiddie isn't exactly a 40% 3pt shooter.
Your Future Sixers:

C- Embiid/Patton
PF- ?/Bolden
SF- Butler/?
SG- ?/Zhaire
PG- Simmons/Shamet
XtremeDunkz
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,466
And1: 3,664
Joined: Mar 08, 2012
       

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1357 » by XtremeDunkz » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:42 pm

phillynative wrote:Can we trade the 33 or 34 th pick for a vet?


Its time to start using these picks and hitting on them. We need cheap talent that can play.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
the_process
RealGM
Posts: 17,262
And1: 3,955
Joined: May 01, 2010

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1358 » by the_process » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:45 am

Schröder, J.Simmons, rights to 21, and 2020 OKC 1st to ORL
Fournier and rights to 24 to OKC
Patterson and rights to 15 to PHI

Draft Nickeil Alexander-Walker. Now there’s no need to bring Redick back unless he’s taking a cheap deal for next year. And if he does you can make it up to him with his full Bird rights in 2020.
HartfordWhalers wrote:The Tobias Harris trade was set your pants on fire while wearing them bad at the time. And still is.
phillynative
Starter
Posts: 2,329
And1: 375
Joined: Dec 13, 2014

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1359 » by phillynative » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:51 pm

XtremeDunkz wrote:
phillynative wrote:Can we trade the 33 or 34 th pick for a vet?


Its time to start using these picks and hitting on them. We need cheap talent that can play.


odds seem slim
XtremeDunkz
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,466
And1: 3,664
Joined: Mar 08, 2012
       

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1360 » by XtremeDunkz » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:53 pm

phillynative wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:
phillynative wrote:Can we trade the 33 or 34 th pick for a vet?


Its time to start using these picks and hitting on them. We need cheap talent that can play.


odds seem slim


Sure are but thats how successful teams stay competitive. Looney and Bell on GS for example.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers