Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,059

Re: Sacramento Kings draft pick watch 

Post#201 » by sixers hoops » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:27 pm

HotelVitale wrote:
Embiid P wrote:Kings win again. It's looking less and less likely that the Grizzlies pick conveys this year.

At this point my projections are this:
Kings: #12 (pick goes to the Celtics)
Grizz: #7 (they keep their pick)
Clippers: #15 (keep their pick)

Caveats:
--The Clippers are tough to project because of Gallo's health, and because the Spurs and Lakers could have boom or bust second halves. Nearly 50/50 in my head that they make the playoffs and give a #18-19 pick.
--Tricky thing with the Grizz is that Gasol and Conley will be tough to trade, even if tons of teams would like them: they have big ol contracts that are going to be tough for good teams to match while also giving good assets. No matter what happens, they're above the 5 junk teams in the east and the Suns but keeping Gasol/Conley could keep them more at #9 than #7 (passing maybe 2 of the Pells, Mavs, and/or Pistons).

At this point, without Tobias, Sac seems more likely to get the 8 seed than the Clippers. However, despite Lakers currently not projected to make the playoffs, I feel like Lebron can bump out both the Clips and Kings for that remaining seed.
SixerfanOH
Freshman
And1: 21

Post#202 » by SixerfanOH » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:33 pm

Do the Cs get the Sac pick no matter what or do we get it if the pick is a late enough 1st round pick?
b-boy3
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#203 » by b-boy3 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:21 pm

SixerfanOH wrote:Do the Cs get the Sac pick no matter what or do we get it if the pick is a late enough 1st round pick?

I believe we only get the pick if it’s 1st overall.
PLO
Analyst
And1: 1,305

Post#204 » by PLO » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:04 am

Good results yesterday with the Lakers winning and the Kings losing (unfortunately looking good doing so). Looking like less than a 2% chance at best in the Zion stakes, but you can't win the prize unless you at least have a ticket.
LakersDynasty14 wrote:Lonzo Ball is literally on a Hall of Fame trajectory at this point. This thread is so full of fail.

shakes0 wrote:I hope they put Simmons on Trae. He'll foul him out by the 3rd quarter. plus Simmons can't stay in front of Trae. No one can.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#205 » by LloydFree » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:32 pm

I hadn't been watching very closely, but the Kings pick would likely fall all of the way from 14 to 18 if they can catch the Clippers by the end of the season. The C's would go from having the #14 and 15 pick from those teams this year, to just the #18 pick.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,730

Post#206 » by the_process » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:37 am

Good win for the Kings in OKC.
hookshot199
Analyst
And1: 723

Post#207 » by hookshot199 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:53 pm

LloydFree wrote:I hadn't been watching very closely, but the Kings pick would likely fall all of the way from 14 to 18 if they can catch the Clippers by the end of the season. The C's would go from having the #14 and 15 pick from those teams this year, to just the #18 pick.

The Chicago pick is now 34 and could very well be 36 or 37 when all is said and done.

Picks are a crap shoot. Boston only got two three picks from Brooklyn because Jarrett Jack and Jeremy Lin went down. Otherwise, those probably would have been 5-7 or 5-8 picks.

Let's hope Sacramento stays healthy.
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,595

Post#208 » by sixerswillrule » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:34 am

SixerfanOH wrote:Do the Cs get the Sac pick no matter what or do we get it if the pick is a late enough 1st round pick?

Late enough as in later than the Sixers 1st, then we get the Kings pick and they get the Sixers pick.
PLO
Analyst

Post#209 » by PLO » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:44 am

Most posting in here hoping the Kings win, I seem to be the only one who wants the opposite.
LakersDynasty14 wrote:Lonzo Ball is literally on a Hall of Fame trajectory at this point. This thread is so full of fail.

shakes0 wrote:I hope they put Simmons on Trae. He'll foul him out by the 3rd quarter. plus Simmons can't stay in front of Trae. No one can.
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#210 » by TTP » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:55 am

PLO wrote:Most posting in here hoping the Kings win, I seem to be the only one who wants the opposite.

Refer to my posts on the first page.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
PLO
Analyst

Post#211 » by PLO » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:44 am

TTP wrote:
PLO wrote:Most posting in here hoping the Kings win, I seem to be the only one who wants the opposite.

Yep, read them. Seems like some here are really snake-bitten by the Celtics. I know one poster on that first page wanted us to draft a player last season so "the Celtics didn't get him" or something akin to that, so there seems to be that mindset with them.

I think people have to realise how big a gap there is between the first prospect and the guy who is second. Its like light years between them. RJ Barrett who is the consensus second player has real issues with efficiency and you can see parts of his game will struggle to translate to the next level. Of the top bracket of players the guy I would be a bit worried about the Celtics getting is Cam Reddish and his season has been incredibly yo-yo like. One game he looks like a top 3 pick, the next barely a first rounder, he'll definitely take time to adjust to the NBA and there's a chance he never does given his college play.

I'm quite OK for the Celtics to get a 2 or 3rd pick overall if it means we have a chance of getting the first pick. The worst spots to pick from in terms of a value and prediction perspective is from 2 down to the rest of the lottery, and if the Celtics are going to use any top pick they get from the Kings in a trade that pick will have lesser value than a normal draft league-wide, ie they're still going to have to give up a Tatum to get AD.

Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,445

Post#212 » by Eyeamok » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:37 pm

TTP wrote:

If it was any other NBA franchise I would be rooting for the Kings to lose as much as possible. But it's the Celtics, they have owned us on the hardwood and in the draft these recently. I just see the Kings getting the #2 or #3 pick overall and then the Celtics using it to get an absolute stud, that one one thought would be a stud. Or using it as the final piece in a trade that put's them over the edge. Thank you but no thank you. I'm happy with them getting the pick lower in the draft and the 76ers opting out of a small chance of getting the #1 pick overall. Call it the battered fan syndrome. BFS.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,838

Post#213 » by Negrodamus » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:50 pm

PLO wrote:
TTP wrote:

Yep, read them. Seems like some here are really snake-bitten by the Celtics. I know one poster on that first page wanted us to draft a player last season so "the Celtics didn't get him" or something akin to that, so there seems to be that mindset with them.

I think people have to realise how big a gap there is between the first prospect and the guy who is second. Its like light years between them. RJ Barrett who is the consensus second player has real issues with efficiency and you can see parts of his game will struggle to translate to the next level. Of the top bracket of players the guy I would be a bit worried about the Celtics getting is Cam Reddish and his season has been incredibly yo-yo like. One game he looks like a top 3 pick, the next barely a first rounder, he'll definitely take time to adjust to the NBA and there's a chance he never does given his college play.

I'm quite OK for the Celtics to get a 2 or 3rd pick overall if it means we have a chance of getting the first pick. The worst spots to pick from in terms of a value and prediction perspective is from 2 down to the rest of the lottery, and if the Celtics are going to use any top pick they get from the Kings in a trade that pick will have lesser value than a normal draft league-wide, ie they're still going to have to give up a Tatum to get AD.

I'm starting to feel the same way judging by how the Celtics draft and by how many landmines are in the top ten of this draft. I will say that Celtics using a top 5 pick to trade for a superstar would be more distressing though.
theo42
Pro Prospect
And1: 253

Post#214 » by theo42 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:17 pm

PLO wrote:
TTP wrote:

Nope.

I want them to get a low first round pick. Period.

Give them a 2nd or 3rd pick and they will trade if for AD....they get nothing!
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,845

Post#215 » by XtremeDunkz » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:27 pm

I want the Kings to win simply because I want to see LeBron and the Lakers miss the playoffs.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
hookshot199
Analyst

Post#216 » by hookshot199 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:24 pm

First, I never thought that the Kings might be a better-than bottom 10 pick this year. This is all a pleasant surprise. But: De'Aaron Fox would have been ours if Colangelo had just played it straight and let the Celtics and/or Lakers draft Fultz. I would have rather given the pick to the Lakers than a traditional rival in our conference. I realize this would have created all sorts on problems on offense (that is, drafting Fox), but just imagine a defense with Fox and Ben guarding guards and anchored by Embiid. So that's where I stand.

Second, the Kings need four more wins (out of their remaining 22 games) to get to 35. Based on a 10-year review, 35 wins is generally the 10 pick. Short of a total collapse, multiple injuries, whatever, they're going to be 10 or above. The odds for a 10 pick to win the lottery are 3%. That's snake eyes. Only desperate people or people who have no real risk bet on rolling snake eyes. And snake eyes is probably the best odds we're going to get even if the Kings lose 17 or 18 out of their remaining 22 games. Check out tankathon.com for the odds.

More likely, the Kings will finish finish 12, 13 or 14. The odds of winning Zion range from 1.3% (12) to 0.5% (14).

Third, it's best for the Sixers if that pick is off the table, thus above 15. Even if they finish with the 10th worst record, the Celtics would still have a 10.9% chance of dropping into the top four - thus, the 2, 3 or 4 pick.

A 15 pick is not likely to help them trade for Anthony Davis. A 2, 3 or 4 pick very well might. Granted, two of the best players in the game today, Giannis and Kawhi, and Steve Nash in the 1990s were drafted at 15. But they were flukes. http://www.basketballinsiders.com/history-of-the-nba-draft-by-pick/history-of-the-nba-draft-pick-number-15/

Even a 10-pick is not likely to have tremendous value. Paul Pierce, Paul George and to a lesser extent CJ McCollum are the exceptions. http://www.basketballinsiders.com/history-of-the-nba-draft-by-pick/history-of-the-nba-draft-pick-number-10/

So yes, I don't want the Celtics to get Anthony Davis.

As things stand today, the best they can get in this year's draft - short of winning the lottery with the Sacramento pick - would be a 9 pick (Memphis), then a 15 pick (Sacramento) and whatever the Kings pick becomes. If the Kings make the playoffs, (15-18). That's not as good as what the Lakers have to offer unless Tatum is in the Celtics deal.

As for LeBron, he's lost a year whether the Lakers finish seven, eight, nine or 10. Father Time is finally catching up with him. He made a mistake by snubbing the Sixers. He now has to finish his career - even if the Lakers sign Kawhi or trade away every young player they have to get Anthony Davis - for a team that will probably never be better than a 4-seed.

So yes, I'm rooting for the Kings.
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#217 » by TTP » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:51 pm

hookshot199 wrote:The odds for a 10 pick to win the lottery are 3%. That's snake eyes. Only desperate people or people who have no real risk bet on rolling snake eyes.

Some pretty poor logic here. You can't only consider the probability of an occurrence to determine whether something is a bad bet - you have to consider the payout as well.

In this case, the payout on that 3% would be Zion, and it seems like there's a huge gap between Zion and the next tier of guys this year, making it even more clear that we should be rooting for Kings losses. I'm fine giving the Celtics an 11% chance at a 2nd to 4th pick for a 3% chance at a possibly generational prospect.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
PLO
Analyst

Post#218 » by PLO » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:59 pm

I'm still not understanding the mentality. You'd give up the small chance at Zion freaking Williamson because of the also small chance the Celtics have of drafting a 40/60 draft bust? Just to spite them?

HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,816

Post#219 » by HotelVitale » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:43 am

PLO wrote:I'm still not understanding the mentality. You'd give up the small chance at Zion freaking Williamson because of the also small chance the Celtics have of drafting a 40/60 draft bust? Just to spite them?

I'm usually the last person to say stuff like this but, yeah, it's a competition and I do want to spite the guys who keep creaming us. Seems like a normal part of being a fan (even one who's not hooligan-y).
hookshot199
Analyst

Post#220 » by hookshot199 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:53 pm

TTP wrote:
hookshot199 wrote:The odds for a 10 pick to win the lottery are 3%. That's snake eyes. Only desperate people or people who have no real risk bet on rolling snake eyes.

Some pretty poor logic here. You can't only consider the probability of an occurrence to determine whether something is a bad bet - you have to consider the payout as well.

In this case, the payout on that 3% would be Zion, and it seems like there's a huge gap between Zion and the next tier of guys this year, making it even more clear that we should be rooting for Kings losses. I'm fine giving the Celtics an 11% chance at a 2nd to 4th pick for a 3% chance at a possibly generational prospect.

The payout is that you give them a 4x greater chance to make the trade for Anthony Davis. The payout is that - historically - 2, 3 and 4 picks produce more stars than 15, 16 and 17 picks.

The reality is that playing odds ranging 3 out of 100 to 1 out of 200 is not rational.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers