ImageImageImage

Thank you Dario Šarić

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Kova
Veteran
And1: 712

Thank you Dario Šarić 

Post#1 » by Kova » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:21 pm

As a fellow croatian, I'd like to open this thread and give my farewells to Dario.

I'm emotionally attached to him being a Sixer, so this falls hard on me.

Thanks for being a part of the process Dario, and best of luck in your career. May you achieve your dream of becoming an all-star in this league.

Who knows, maybe, one day, down the road, you come back to complete our dream of getting a championship as a Sixer.

Love you Shi Shi and I'll miss you being a Sixer!
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,148

Re: Thank you Dario Šarić 

Post#2 » by Arsenal » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:26 pm

Dario is my guy no matter what. Same with RoCo. I expect those guys to feel the love every time they come back to Philly, regardless of what uniform they are wearing.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#3 » by Ericb5 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:56 pm

Arsenal wrote:Dario is my guy no matter what. Same with RoCo. I expect those guys to feel the love every time they come back to Philly, regardless of what uniform they are wearing.

Me too.

I loved having both of them on our team. I’m still for the deal, but I wish them nothing but the best and will miss them both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,845

Post#4 » by Mik317 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:16 pm

Going miss Dario a lot. He played like ass to start this year but generally dude played hard and tried his best. He kept his word and came over and was loved by all.

Dario playing well elsewhere might have me concern posting a lot yo.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#5 » by Sixerscan » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:41 pm

I hope Dario was ok with this trade. The guy kept his word coming over, saving this team a lot of money and flexibility. Sort of shady to turn around and trade him, but I guess that's just the business.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,059

Post#6 » by sixers hoops » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:44 pm

Sixerscan wrote:I hope Dario was ok with this trade. The guy kept his word coming over, saving this team a lot of money and flexibility. Sort of shady to turn around and trade him, but I guess that's just the business.

I thought the same thing, but they couldn’t treat it as a no-trade clause. They had to do what was right for the franchise.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#7 » by Ericb5 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:29 am

sixers hoops wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:I hope Dario was ok with this trade. The guy kept his word coming over, saving this team a lot of money and flexibility. Sort of shady to turn around and trade him, but I guess that's just the business.

I thought the same thing, but they couldn’t treat it as a no-trade clause. They had to do what was right for the franchise.

Plus it was in his third year. It isn’t like they traded him right away. They treated him well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,563

Post#8 » by 76ciology » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:03 am

He’s in the same group with Thad and Brand. They’re not perfect but they are very professional and gave more than their everything every game that makes them hard to hate.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,827

Post#9 » by KGdaBom » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:35 am

As a Wolves fan I'm psyched for Dario and RoCo coming to our team. I wish them the best. If this deal was made a month ago I would have wished the best for Jimmy and you guys. However, Jimmy made such an A$$ of himself that I can't wish him well. I hope he flops in the absolute worst way for you.
kingofthecourt67
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,549

Post#10 » by kingofthecourt67 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:39 am

KGdaBom wrote:As a Wolves fan I'm psyched for Dario and RoCo coming to our team. I wish them the best. If this deal was made a month ago I would have wished the best for Jimmy and you guys. However, Jimmy made such an A$$ of himself that I can't wish him well. I hope he flops in the absolute worst way for you.

I totally understand why you feel that way but probably the wrong place to express that :lol:
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,827

Post#11 » by KGdaBom » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:05 am

kingofthecourt67 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:As a Wolves fan I'm psyched for Dario and RoCo coming to our team. I wish them the best. If this deal was made a month ago I would have wished the best for Jimmy and you guys. However, Jimmy made such an A$$ of himself that I can't wish him well. I hope he flops in the absolute worst way for you.

I totally understand why you feel that way but probably the wrong place to express that :lol:

I'm just keeping it real man. I loved Jimmy until I didn't. What a POS he turned out to be.
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,605

Post#12 » by FireMorey » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:21 am

I'm thinking if there is one "Dario Saric game" that stands out above the rest. He's had a lot of good games here, but there isn't one game that stands out above the rest.
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#13 » by TTP » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:25 am

ProcessTrusta wrote:I'm thinking if there is one "Dario Saric game" that stands out above the rest. He's had a lot of good games here, but there isn't one game that stands out above the rest.

The game saving block against Pau in the Olympics or the two blocks against the Raptors in our January 2017 run stand out the most to me. Ironically both were defensive moments - maybe because they were so unexpected.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
Kova
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#14 » by Kova » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:35 am

Rest assured that he wasn't. He wanted to play out his career in Philly. He is a very loyal person, and this probably hurt him a lot.
Especially since fulfilled his promise towards Sixers, and considered himself as one of the key parts of the championship team in Philly.

My guess is he is probably sick to his stomach right now.
ziggy77
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#15 » by ziggy77 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:57 am

Throwback to the game when Saric destroyed Butlers Bulls, who was also guarding him on a few possessions :)
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#16 » by rzzzzz » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:17 pm

I got no doubt about Dario's mutual affection with Philly, but I'm hopeful that his next destination will include a more conducive scheme, more tailored to his talents, that will do him well with his next contract. Still, hate to see him go.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#17 » by LloydFree » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:35 pm

Thank you Saric, for coming over, so Hinkie's gamble didn't become a complete disaster. Helped us get an All-star.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Shaka_Zulu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,710

Post#18 » by Shaka_Zulu » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:46 pm

rzzzzz wrote:I got no doubt about Dario's mutual affection with Philly, but I'm hopeful that his next destination will include a more conducive scheme, more tailored to his talents, that will do him well with his next contract. Still, hate to see him go.
It won't aslong as Thibs is there. Hopefully we fire him in summer. But Saric game is similar to Bjelica, and Thibs was awful in giving him looks to be effective. Completely misused.

It wouldn't surprise me if he keeps starting Gibson btw.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,776

Post#19 » by Skates » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:47 pm

I have a total Dario crush and will surely miss him. He will be even better on a team that needs his playmaking more than the Sixers do. You will be missed, Homie!!!!!!!!!
thejuice17
Junior
And1: 25

Post#20 » by thejuice17 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:07 am

THANKS dario,embiid finally can stay in the paint,when u get traded

Return to Philadelphia 76ers