ImageImageImage

GDT: 76ers (9-6) vs Magic (6-8) 7:00PM ET

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

iBuckets
Junior
And1: 114

Re: GDT: 76ers (9-6) vs Magic (6-8) 7:00PM ET 

Post#721 » by iBuckets » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:34 pm

This wasnt worth the rewatch but I was bored at work..

Tired of that penetration only as far as the FT line and shovel pass back to Embiid from Simmons. Id smack my own mother to not see it again. Muscala gets bullied with that uber driver physique.. And Amir's hands.. Never gets a clean board or catch. Odin's raven that game was trash.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#722 » by ankle420breaker » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:03 pm

Don't laugh, but I thought Henry Sims was totally serviceable as a backup in his time here. I'm pretty sure I saw him playing preseason or summer league this year. I doubt we'd entertain him, but we should consider cheap stop-gap depth signings like him that we could eventually waive in the event that we trade for someone better or pluck a gem off the buyout market.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#723 » by PhilasFinest » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:26 pm

ankle420breaker wrote:Don't laugh, but I thought Henry Sims was totally serviceable as a backup in his time here. I'm pretty sure I saw him playing preseason or summer league this year. I doubt we'd entertain him, but we should consider cheap stop-gap depth signings like him that we could eventually waive in the event that we trade for someone better or pluck a gem off the buyout market.

Henry Sims!
Lets bring in Hollis Thompson too to space the floor!

:lol: :banghead:
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#724 » by ankle420breaker » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:47 pm

PhilasFinest wrote:
ankle420breaker wrote:Don't laugh, but I thought Henry Sims was totally serviceable as a backup in his time here. I'm pretty sure I saw him playing preseason or summer league this year. I doubt we'd entertain him, but we should consider cheap stop-gap depth signings like him that we could eventually waive in the event that we trade for someone better or pluck a gem off the buyout market.

Henry Sims!

:banghead:
Pure Shooter. Cheaper than Korver.

XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#725 » by XDevilBoiX » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:59 pm

We’re desperate but not that desperate yet. I wonder where Jakaar is, didn’t he played C for the Kings lol
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,416

Post#726 » by 76ciology » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:04 am

CoreyGallagher wrote:What is Lucas Nogueira doing in Spain? Feel like he'd be a solid addition. Wonder if he has an NBA out.

Oh yeah didn’t notice it until u brought it up
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,416

Post#727 » by 76ciology » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:11 am

Kobblehead wrote:I've been thinking about this:

Last time we played Orlando, Vucevic hit a bunch of threes and had a triple double.

Did that play into the approach Embiid had last night?

Weird seeing him abandon the post in a game that wasn't a back to back and he was plenty rested for. Seemed like he was trying to one-up and payback Vucevic. Felt like an agenda and a game within the game and we paid the price for it.

Maybe.

But even if he wants to and he’s knocking them down, it would be not smart to do it.

Based on that game, Biid was knocking down 3s early on. He was denied on his two dunk attempts. Late game, I‘d say he was mixed tired and intimidated/shooked that lead him to settled for those jumpers.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Kolkmania
Analyst
And1: 1,664

Post#728 » by Kolkmania » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:33 am

I actually thought we played quite well to be honest. The amount of times that we prevented a shot for 23 seconds, followed by a contested three/long two was really encouraging. Those shots went in at a higher rate than expected, that happens at times.

I'm excited to see what sets Brown will implement with Embiid, Butler and Simmons on the court. Simmons simply standing in the dunkers spot for 24 seconds isn't going to cut it.
Chris76
Sixth Man
And1: 318

Post#729 » by Chris76 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:20 pm

Kolkmania wrote:I actually thought we played quite well to be honest. The amount of times that we prevented a shot for 23 seconds, followed by a contested three/long two was really encouraging. Those shots went in at a higher rate than expected, that happens at times.

I'm excited to see what sets Brown will implement with Embiid, Butler and Simmons on the court. Simmons simply standing in the dunkers spot for 24 seconds isn't going to cut it.

Simmons and Embiid setting picks for each other should help them to get good post position.

Embiid taking Kobe shots, although he makes some shouldn't be takin at end of games.
aHealthy3
Rookie
And1: 301

Post#730 » by aHealthy3 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:37 pm

PhilasFinest wrote:

Henry Sims!

:lol: :banghead:

Hollis Thompson. 40% 3 point shooter baby.
Sam Hinkie wrote:The illusion of control is an opiate, though.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers