Sixers vs Hornets 11/17 @ 7pm EST

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

SixersMS
Junior
And1: 99

Re: Sixers vs Hornets 11/17 @ 7pm EST 

Post#521 » by SixersMS » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:09 am

spikeslovechild wrote:
76ciology wrote:Funniest thing is muscala is +15. This dude almost costs us the game

We need to do something about our PF position these guys are stiffs.

But for now I'll enjoy the win

Agree

I think we upgrade that spot and add a sharpshooter Off the Bench. If we do that we're as good as any team in the Eastern Conference.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,346

Post#522 » by 76ciology » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:09 am

Negrodamus wrote:
76ciology wrote:
SixersMS wrote:
Who cares we got a superstar for two role players in the Timberwolves being the lottery for the 16th time in 17 years

LMAO

And that’s the thing with stats. Stats generalize but that shot is a one time event with several factors in it. Stats is only for a guide like a butler three is better than a butler three blindfolded with hands tied or something.

I was just saying it tongue in cheek because of the previous last second shot getting analyzed on the previous pages of this thread.

And you also have to factor what type of D is thrown.

Personally, if it’s a good quality shot with a guy who’s capable of making it then it’s Ok.

You live with the result.

The Jb game winner was a way more challenged shot over that turn around mid range fade.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,667

Post#523 » by Negrodamus » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:10 am

TTP wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:What is the percentage on a fade away Butler three as a last second shot?

You're probably trolling but obviously not great, especially in a tie game where you don't need the extra points. I'm glad he made it but it will be unfortunate if our last possessions going forward are to just let Jimmy iso instead of running an actual play.

I agree with this line of thinking.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#524 » by 76ciology » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:10 am

SixersMS wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:
76ciology wrote:Funniest thing is muscala is +15. This dude almost costs us the game

We need to do something about our PF position these guys are stiffs.

But for now I'll enjoy the win

Agree

I think we upgrade that spot and add a sharpshooter Off the Bench. If we do that we're as good as any team in the Eastern Conference.

Alex Poythress
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
cksdayoff
RealGM
And1: 3,636

Post#525 » by cksdayoff » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:10 am

TTP wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:What is the percentage on a fade away Butler three as a last second shot?

You're probably trolling but obviously not great, especially in a tie game where you don't need the extra points. I'm glad he made it but it will be unfortunate if our last possessions going forward are to just let Jimmy iso instead of running an actual play.

we've been running actual plays before butler got here and they never worked iirc
#failforfultz
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,562

Post#526 » by FireMorey » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:10 am

I'm fine with our end of games going Butler iso.

The biggest weakness of this team is we are a dumb team and we play tight at the ends of games. The last thing I want us to do where we need one bucket is to run plays. It requires thinking and passing. Too risky for this team. Eliminate the risk and just let one guy touch the ball. I mean, we saw it all on display. We had two horrible turnovers in the final 40 seconds.

Do you really want this team setting screens and passing the ball in those situations? I'd rather just run iso, let him create. He doesn't have to settle for a jumper every time.
JojoSlimbiid
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,229

Post#527 » by JojoSlimbiid » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:11 am

cksdayoff wrote:
TTP wrote:

we've been running actual plays before butler got here and they never worked iirc

Yeah I dunno what dude is saying. We've been begging for a clear out ISO shot creator because many of our clutch plays usually go terribly.
SixersMS
Junior

Post#528 » by SixersMS » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:11 am

Negrodamus wrote:
TTP wrote:

Enjoy the lottery for the 16th time in 17th years

Lol

By the way what was your record last year without Jimmy Butler

Lol
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#529 » by spikeslovechild » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:12 am

cksdayoff wrote:
TTP wrote:

We tried one out of a timeout earlier with a Simmons lob. I'd rather Jimmy just ISO then run what ever play our dunce HC draws up.
Lovetron Joe
Rookie
And1: 482

Post#530 » by Lovetron Joe » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:12 am

The Butler did it.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#531 » by 76ciology » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:12 am

Open your eyes. The team is making the game close to develop our late game schemes.

If you see the set we run late game, its different from the sets we run before it.

We need that extra gear that only teams with 3 allstars can get to.
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#532 » by TTP » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:12 am

cksdayoff wrote:
TTP wrote:

They've worked fine. However, even if that weren't true, that wouldn't matter because you wouldn't have tried running them with Butler. We ran end of game plays last night with Butler involved and it worked incredibly well - we ended up with a Butler uncontested layup at the rim. That got me a lot more excited about the future than what we did end of game tonight.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
SixersMS
Junior

Post#533 » by SixersMS » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:12 am

BTW

Boston got beat by Utah we can beat any team in the Western Conference guys with Jimmy Butler.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#534 » by Negrodamus » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:12 am

SixersMS wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
TTP wrote:

Enjoy the lottery for the 16th time in 17th years

Lol

By the way what was your record last year without Jimmy Butler

Lol

What are you talking about?
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,063

Post#535 » by Kobblehead » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:14 am

Negrodamus wrote:What are you talking about?

You've been identified as a Wolves fan, I guess.
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,745

Post#536 » by life_saver » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:15 am

TTP wrote:

I think it might continue....that's how usually games used to end when he was at Minny..I would say it's better if he stops doing it as those plays usually result in very tough shot (which has a low probability of going in). But it depends a lot on Brett Brown and whether he can communicate that with Jimmy. Thibs doesn't interfere with offense, so he left everything in hands of Jimmy at Minny.
Read on Twitter
cksdayoff
RealGM
And1: 3,636

Post#537 » by cksdayoff » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:15 am

you still want the ball in butler's hands though at the end of a game just because he has the handles and the passing ability to find the open guy.
#failforfultz
ProcessDoctor
General Manager
And1: 5,155

Post#538 » by ProcessDoctor » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:15 am

Kobblehead wrote:Kemba got screwed by timing with his money over the years. He might stay to sign the 5 year Charlotte deal just to get his just due.

Either that or he feels it's time to compete for a championship :nod:
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Council
Oubre/Batum/Martin
Harris/Covington/Wilson
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
cool93
Analyst
And1: 1,992

Post#539 » by cool93 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:15 am

Can you imagine this team with Kemba? Walker/Redick/Butler/Simmons/Embiid would be crazy. Too bad he'll probably want that 5 year deal and we don't have assets for a trade.

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]RealGM mobile app[/url]
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#540 » by Negrodamus » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:16 am

Kobblehead wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:What are you talking about?

You've been identified as a Wolves fan, I guess.

Interesting. I suppose he wouldn't know any better since he's been here for 9 days... And lacks reading comprehension, apparently.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers