Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

SixersMS
Junior
And1: 99

Re: Suns vs Sixers 11/19 @ 7pm EST 

Post#381 » by SixersMS » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:45 am

BullyKing wrote:
SixersMS wrote:
voodooguru wrote:The best thing about tonight was TJ getting MF's second half burn.

Yep and I believe his energy turn the game around.

Kell needs to be positioned at the end of the bench for the rest of the year unless we have mega injuries

If you really believe TJ's energy turned the game around (they had already started the push before he checked in for the first time) and not Joel and Ben and the Suns no longer shooting 90% from deep then you're beyond redemption.

:lol:

good point but he still had something to do with it you can feel the energy of the crowd go up.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,739

Post#382 » by phillynative » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:45 am

Phila Tough wrote:Love that Embiid is getting superstar calls. I love that it makes other fanbases mad even more.

Remember his first season he was getting hacked and knocked all round. Now that he's a star he barely gets touched and gets the call. Wow.
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#383 » by XDevilBoiX » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:46 am

We won this game at the free throw line, they made more 2 and 3 pt baskets then we did
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#384 » by PhilasFinest » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:49 am

ProcessTrusta wrote:
Arsenal wrote:
ProcessTrusta wrote:No major complaints tonight, just want them to better utilize Butler. They’re wasting him standing on those corners. Needs the ball in his hands, not majorly off ball.

Better to have Butler learn the normal offense now instead of later. Especially against a bad team like the Suns.

There's plenty of time later in the season to just give him the ball and let him go to work.

I worry Brett is doing this not to have Butler learn the offense, but because Simmons will pout if he has to play off ball more with the ball in Butler's hands.

I don't know, I just get that vibe from Simmons.

So everyone complains because Ben isn't aggressive or scoring or shooting.....he does that in back to back games and now all of a sudden its because the coach favors him and he has a bad attitude?

Why can't be had 3 players who take turns having big nights? Isn't that the point of having a "big 3"?

Jesus, between the high fives and now this... I swear people are just looking for something to stir the pot and complain about.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#385 » by Arsenal » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:52 am

Jimmy Butler finishes with 16 points and we got people complaining. I thought he did a good job getting his in the flow of the offense. He doesn't need to monopolize the ball all the time. He needs to learn how to play in our normal sets first.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,527

Post#386 » by 76ciology » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:53 am

We controlled the entire game. We were just pacing it.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,059

Post#387 » by sixers hoops » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:54 am

PhilasFinest wrote:
ProcessTrusta wrote:
Arsenal wrote:
Better to have Butler learn the normal offense now instead of later. Especially against a bad team like the Suns.

There's plenty of time later in the season to just give him the ball and let him go to work.

I worry Brett is doing this not to have Butler learn the offense, but because Simmons will pout if he has to play off ball more with the ball in Butler's hands.

So everyone complains because Ben isn't aggressive or scoring or shooting.....he does that in back to back games and now all of a sudden its because the coach favors him and he has a bad attitude?

Why can't be had 3 players who take turns having big nights? Isn't that the point of having a "big 3"?

Jesus, between the high fives and now this... I swear people are just looking for something to stir the pot and complain about.

Butler got 16 when we didn’t get him the ball. Good sign.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,160

Post#388 » by eyeatoma » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:55 am

ProcessTrusta wrote:
Arsenal wrote:
ProcessTrusta wrote:No major complaints tonight, just want them to better utilize Butler. They’re wasting him standing on those corners. Needs the ball in his hands, not majorly off ball.

Yup feel the same way..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
PhilasFinest
RealGM

Post#389 » by PhilasFinest » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:57 am

Arsenal wrote:Jimmy Butler finishes with 16 points and we got people complaining. I thought he did a good job getting his in the flow of the offense. He doesn't need to monopolize the ball all the time. He needs to learn how to play in our normal sets first.

Next game Embiid may be off and Butler might drop 30. Its the beauty of having multiple "stars" to play with.

Butler scored 16 points. 9 FGA and 8 FTA.
Simmons scored 19. 13 FGA and 6 FTA.
Embiid had 33. 23 FGA 12 FTA and was on an absolute mission in the 2nd half inside.

More butler for sure, but we had some guys step up as well. Moose with 19. JJ with 17. Team effort.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,106

Post#390 » by Kobblehead » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:57 am

We don't have a big three, we have a big four. J.J. Redick is one of the best upper mid-volume scorers in the NBA.
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,601

Post#391 » by FireMorey » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:57 am

PhilasFinest wrote:
ProcessTrusta wrote:
Arsenal wrote:

Just would like to see Butler used better, you just blew it up into a big thing, not me. I just mentioned a potential concern I have. NBD.
PhilasFinest
RealGM

Post#392 » by PhilasFinest » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:59 am

eyeatoma wrote:
ProcessTrusta wrote:
Arsenal wrote:

Yup feel the same way..

So Simmons should just pass the ball and not look to score at all unless Butlers had 20 FGA?
FireMorey
Lead Assistant

Post#393 » by FireMorey » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:01 am

PhilasFinest wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
ProcessTrusta wrote:

Yup feel the same way..

So Simmons should just pass the ball and not look to score at all unless Butlers had 20 FGA?

No one said or even remotely suggested that. Just would like Butler to touch the ball more. It's really that simple. It isn't controversial at all, it's a pretty innocuous suggestion.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#394 » by sixers hoops » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:01 am

Kobblehead wrote:We don't have a big three, we have a big four. J.J. Redick is one of the best upper mid-volume scorers in the NBA.

I was thinking that tonight. He is an excellent offensive player. Not just a stand there and wait for the three kind of guy.

Then I flash back to the Boston series.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#395 » by Arsenal » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:03 am

sixers hoops wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:We don't have a big three, we have a big four. J.J. Redick is one of the best upper mid-volume scorers in the NBA.

I was thinking that tonight. He is an excellent offensive player. Not just a stand there and wait for the three kind of guy.

Jimmy Butler is our guy to exploit the Boston defense. He'll pay big dividends against them. He's exactly what we needed and didn't have in that series last year.
FireMorey
Lead Assistant

Post#396 » by FireMorey » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:03 am

Read on Twitter
SixersMS
Junior

Post#397 » by SixersMS » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:07 am

Six more wins in a row before we play at Toronto?

Wed, 11/21
vs
NO
NO
6:00 PM 1,104 tickets as low as $8
Fri, 11/23
vs
CLE
CLE
6:30 PM 1,099 tickets as low as $17
Sun, 11/25
@
BKN
BKN
5:00 PM 3,361 tickets as low as $21
Wed, 11/28
vs
NY
NY
6:00 PM
NBATV
1,936 tickets as low as $7
Fri, 11/30
vs
WSH
WSH
6:00 PM 1,832 tickets as low as $9
Sun, 12/2
vs
MEM
MEM
5:00 PM 1,823 tickets
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,106

Post#398 » by Kobblehead » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:08 am

sixers hoops wrote:Then I flash back to the Boston series.

16.4 ppg on 55% true shooting. He might have got picked on defensively, but he was still really good offensively against Boston.
SixersMS
Junior

Post#399 » by SixersMS » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:08 am

Arsenal wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:

Jimmy Butler is our guy to exploit the Boston defense. He'll pay big dividends against them. He's exactly what we needed and didn't have in that series last year.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#400 » by sixers hoops » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:09 am

Arsenal wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:

I haven’t seen Boston play in a month, but curious if they’re playing worse with Irving and Heyward. We kept hearing how they destroyed us without their two best players, and I was wondering if that team was better without Irving, and even moreso, Heyward. They were scoring and defending well in the playoffs. Adding those two might add some scoring at the cost of great defense.

But again, I haven’t really watched Boston.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers