ImageImageImage

Markelle Fultz VII: Traded to Orlando (Page 95)

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Re: Markelle Fultz VII: The Nightmare Ends? 

Post#1701 » by 51X3RF4N » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:31 am

2 things

1. If he comes back and starts knocking down 3's with great form and free throws without a hitch, we have a legit 4th star candidate on a rookie scale deal. He could start over Redick or Chandler if Ben keeps sliding down to the PF spot more often. This, coupled with the return of Patton and eventually Zhaire, solves a lot of the depth issues we've seen.

2. If he comes back and misses terribly with a noticable hitch, he is essentially not worth a penny and should be cut or released/bought out immediately. Complete bust. Worst pick and trade in Franchise history. Worse than Shawn Bradley. Move forward and hope to get better value out of the rest of the team.

I do not see a third option where he comes back, looks good or at least the shot looks good, and is actually traded. I just don't see any other team throwing enough value to make it worth giving up on him if he is in fact fixed. He's still an amazing talent for a 20 year old. The only way a trade occurs in my mind is if he looks good, and then his agent actually requests a trade. Then I could see them shop him but still not get great value in return.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#1702 » by XDevilBoiX » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:40 am

Feels like Groundhog Day
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,898

Post#1703 » by kuclas » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:36 am

If sixers can’t get mid 1st round for fultz (and it appears teams are really just offering sixers junk (aka 2nd rounders and Or salary cap relief for next year). Sixers just gonna to ride fultz out. Cut him next season.

I hope he returns and shows us why he was the number 1 pick.

At this point. Unless he can get away from his people, they are in his head way too much. Of course he’s their lottery money ticket so they have a lot riding on him.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,416

Post#1704 » by 76ciology » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:41 am

Embiid P wrote:

It must be nice to have both $10 million and an IG model for doing nothing lol. On the positive side maybe she can help him cure his TOS, yips, or whatever else is bothering him.

True. I just hope he be inspired to see what Ben and Biid are getting compared to what he's getting so he can work harder.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
gdog2004
Starter
And1: 706

Post#1705 » by gdog2004 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:07 am

76ciology wrote:
Embiid P wrote:

It must be nice to have both $10 million and an IG model for doing nothing lol. On the positive side maybe she can help him cure his TOS, yips, or whatever else is bothering him.

True. I just hope he be inspired to see what Ben and Biid are getting compared to what he's getting so he can work harder.

Not sure what your talking about man, that chick is hot.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,416

Post#1706 » by 76ciology » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:36 am

gdog2004 wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Embiid P wrote:

Not sure what your talking about man, that chick is hot.

Sure but Ben and Biid's are on another level IMO
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
mattd13
Senior
And1: 119

Post#1707 » by mattd13 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:01 pm

what i saw yesterday was a guy who is scared to death and does not want to be in the building. sad to see. he needs to go play somewhere where he can feel relaxed and recapture his game and confidence. i do not see that happening in the big show. they are trying to make him into something that he is not prepared to be. end of story.
Monix
Pro Prospect
And1: 660

Post#1708 » by Monix » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:48 pm

mattd13 wrote:they are trying to make him into something that he is not prepared to be. end of story.

I agree, if you mean a professional athlete
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,742

Post#1709 » by Negrodamus » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:54 pm

I’d love to see him play a G League game while getting back in shape.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,057

Post#1710 » by sixers hoops » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:11 pm

Everyone in Philly wants him to be an All-Star since that was the expectations when BC took him first overall. On top of it, we are a top 10 team with three stars already. The expectations here and to be successful working around three other stars, for a guy with broken confidence, is a big challenge.
gdog2004
Starter

Post#1711 » by gdog2004 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:23 pm

Honestly why NOT put him in the G league. Give him a chance to get his confidence up.
I maintain, there is nothing physically wrong with him. I'm not crapping on the mental part either, but he has to put in the work to overcome that.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,057

Post#1712 » by sixers hoops » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:11 pm

gdog2004 wrote:Honestly why NOT put him in the G league. Give him a chance to get his confidence up.
I maintain, there is nothing physically wrong with him. I'm not crapping on the mental part either, but he has to put in the work to overcome that.

The Sixers haven’t traditionally used g-league for rehab stints. They generally go with a minutes restriction as they work back into shape with the team. A g-league assignment from the Sixers generally means you are not good enough to make the active roster, or you need more minutes than you can currently get on the big squad...honestly, Markelle could prob earn minutes on the real squad considering our lack of defenders on the bench.

However, if his injury is finally fixed, then I would rather see him work on his jumpshot in real game situations in g-league games than in our competitive games.
gdog2004
Starter

Post#1713 » by gdog2004 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:18 pm

sixers hoops wrote:
gdog2004 wrote:Honestly why NOT put him in the G league. Give him a chance to get his confidence up.

The Sixers haven’t traditionally used g-league for rehab stints. They generally go with a minutes restriction as they work back into shape with the team. A g-league assignment from the Sixers generally means you are not good enough to make the active roster, or you need more minutes than you can currently get on the big squad...honestly, Markelle could prob earn minutes on the real squad considering our lack of defenders on the bench.

However, if his injury is finally fixed, then I would rather see him work on his jumpshot in real game situations in g-league games than in our competitive games.

I hear you, but this is far from a traditional situation. No one has ever seen a situation like this.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,703

Post#1714 » by the_process » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:39 pm

Package Fultz with their 1st this year and go get a guy or two who can help right now.

I don't believe for a second you cannnot do that. I believe that ownership refuses to do so because they don't want the PR hit if they do because of the price they paid to get him, the expectations of playoff advancement, and the chance Fultz blows up for his new team.

This ownership group is bound and determined to **** up everything. They're working toward competing ends. Who trades for a star, then decides the regular season doesn't matter? "Let's maintain flexibility for the summer!" Except, you only have 18.6M as it stands. :roll:

They have a power structure where Brett and Elton both report to Harris. :roll: :roll:

It's pretty much at the point where if this team succeeds, it will be in spite of itself. Three weeks will tell.
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#1715 » by XDevilBoiX » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:16 pm

the_process wrote:Package Fultz with their 1st this year and go get a guy or two who can help right now.

I don't believe for a second you cannnot do that. I believe that ownership refuses to do so because they don't want the PR hit if they do because of the price they paid to get him, the expectations of playoff advancement, and the chance Fultz blows up for his new team.

This ownership group is bound and determined to **** up everything. They're working toward competing ends. Who trades for a star, then decides the regular season doesn't matter? "Let's maintain flexibility for the summer!" Except, you only have 18.6M as it stands. :roll:

They have a power structure where Brett and Elton both report to Harris. :roll: :roll:

It's pretty much at the point where if this team succeeds, it will be in spite of itself. Three weeks will tell.

Wouldn’t surprise me if ownership group takes on Melo for a 2nd rd pick.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#1716 » by LloydFree » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:31 pm

There is no guarantee he can get his conference up in the G league. He could look bad there too. You got a guy on one hand who is scared and he's going up against guys playing to eat, who are looking for a chance to get noticed. It could be a disaster.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,418

Post#1717 » by Eyeamok » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:43 pm

mattd13 wrote:what i saw yesterday was a guy who is scared to death and does not want to be in the building. sad to see. he needs to go play somewhere where he can feel relaxed and recapture his game and confidence. i do not see that happening in the big show. they are trying to make him into something that he is not prepared to be. end of story.

What did you see while he was on the bench?
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,428

Post#1718 » by KL78192020 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:44 pm

Negrodamus wrote:I’d love to see him play a G League game while getting back in shape.

This is what needs to happen, he needs let his pride go and play in the G league like any other prospect. There is way to much pressure in the NBA, every single play he makes will be judged to the max. If he can't cut it in the g league hes done.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,418

Post#1719 » by Eyeamok » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:48 pm

sixers hoops wrote:Everyone in Philly wants him to be an All-Star since that was the expectations when BC took him first overall. On top of it, we are a top 10 team with three stars already. The expectations here and to be successful working around three other stars, for a guy with broken confidence, is a big challenge.

Actually because we lack Guard depth and we have Butler, Fultz does not need to be a star. All he has to do is be good. Play some solid defense, facilitate hit an occasional outside shot and he is golden. There is less pressure on him now that we have a big 3. No one expects him to go and win games just help the team not hurt it.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,042

Post#1720 » by Sixerscan » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:53 pm

I don't think he'll play in the G league. Would be fun to watch all 3 of him Zhaire and Patton playing together down there though.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers