ImageImageImage

Hawks vs Sixers 1/11 @ 7pm EST

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,009

Re: Hawks vs Sixers 1/11 @ 7pm EST 

Post#261 » by Bum Adebayo » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:22 am

Funny how when Embiid complains in the media he is a petulant child and needs to grow up, but when Simmons calls the team "soft" then all is ok. Oh well...
Great takes since 2024-04-20
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,792

Post#262 » by Negrodamus » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:49 am

Bum Adebayo wrote:Funny how when Embiid complains in the media he is a petulant child and needs to grow up, but when Simmons calls the team "soft" then all is ok. Oh well...

Neither is a real issue.
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#263 » by XDevilBoiX » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:52 am

Bum Adebayo wrote:Funny how when Embiid complains in the media he is a petulant child and needs to grow up, but when Simmons calls the team "soft" then all is ok. Oh well...

No one takes Mister Softee serious
notericjr
Sophomore
And1: 132

Post#264 » by notericjr » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:06 am

jimmy is doubtful for tomorrow as well lol
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,924

Post#265 » by CoreyGallagher » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:08 am

It's easy to generalize the words of a subsection of fans to suit an agenda. I'm sure there are those calling out Simmons for his comment as well - oh, wait.
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#266 » by CoreyGallagher » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:23 am

XDevilBoiX wrote:

Do you disagree with Simmons' comment about the defense being soft, specifically last night? I don't think it was a coincidence he did so after a game we didn't have Embiid for.

There likely aren't many team line-ups as noticeably affected by the absence of one player more than the Sixers are sans Embiid (mostly because of his own talent, but also because Amir and Moose being the alternatives), he disguises many of the issues that our team has defensively, which were visibly evident last night and in previous games without him. Too many open threes and line drives to the basket.

Meanwhile, regarding Embiid's past comments, you could believe that he doesn't get enough post touches and/or that he shoots too many threes as a result of design, but what he said was that it changed post-trade - which wasn't true. Regardless, most didn't actually care about that, those that did condemn him for his comments did so because he reportedly blamed Butler for it, which didn't seem to be the case and which he felt compelled enough to clarify. That was Pompey's fault, he has a history of skewing and sensationalizing - blame Keith for that ****.
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#267 » by XDevilBoiX » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:34 am

CoreyGallagher wrote:
XDevilBoiX wrote:

Do you disagree with Simmons' comment about the defense playing soft, specifically last night? I don't think it was a coincidence he did so after a game we didn't have Embiid in.

There likely aren't many team line-ups as noticeably affected by the absence of one player more than the Sixers are sans Embiid (mostly because of his own talent, but also because Amir and Moose being the alternatives), he disguises many of the issues that our team has defensively, which were visibly evident last night and in previous games without him. Too many open threes and line drives to the basket.

The team did play bad on defense but Simmons of all people shouldn’t be calling out his teammates like that. They don’t call him out when he struggles against top competition or hold this offense back because of his refusal to shoot jumpers. Until he proves he can lead this team like Embiid, he should work on his game before calling teammates out.
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#268 » by CoreyGallagher » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:41 am

XDevilBoiX wrote:The team did play bad on defense but Simmons of all people shouldn’t be calling out his teammates like that. They don’t call him out when he struggles against top competition or hold this offense back because of his refusal to shoot jumpers. Until he proves he can lead this team like Embiid, he should work on his game before calling teammates out.

Simmons has been the second best defender on the team this season, regardless, his pronoun usage didn't excuse himself...
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,009

Post#269 » by Bum Adebayo » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:35 am

I am perfectly ok with Simmons calling out the team, just like it is ok when Embiid does it.
This team is soft, except Simmons, his FT touch is not soft Image
Great takes since 2024-04-20
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,792

Post#270 » by Negrodamus » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:56 am

Suns beat nuggets. Time for Denver to start selling off their stars.
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect
And1: 339

Post#271 » by Jhawk03 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:02 am

Negrodamus wrote:Suns beat nuggets. Time for Denver to start selling off their stars.

Gotta wait for them to lose to the Bulls
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#272 » by CoreyGallagher » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:04 am

Celtics have also lost two in a row against teams they should have beaten, while having all of their stars available and being deep. They haven't gained any ground on us. Also, what's happening with our team is happening with them as well, probably even worse.

Morris and Brown becoming physical during a timeout last game, Kyrie arguing with Stevens during a timeout today, blaming the young guys for not knowing how to win postgame, complaining earlier in the season as well.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,442

Post#273 » by Eyeamok » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:13 am

youngcrev wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:
gdog2004 wrote:How long does it take for Brand to get help for this team ? Seems pretty obvious to me we have only 4 NBA players and a few promising young guys.

It's a lot harder to acquire players when you are dealing from a position of weakness as apposed to strength.

The 76ers were supposed to be one of the elite teams in the East this year. Now we have clear holes. Other GM's are not just going to role over and give us what we need. Brand need to play his cards right or else he will be giving up draft picks for players that are no more than stop gaps for this season.

If done right we will get the help we need, get stronger and beat any team we face in the playoffs even as the 5th or 6th seed.

Giving up draft picks (2nd round) for stop gaps is exactly what he should be doing. The trade deadline is less than a month away now, so hopefully it won't be much longer. The next few weeks should be enough time for teams to fall out of the race and throw in the towel.

I should have stated I was talking about 1st round picks.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Benfitnyc
Junior
And1: 119

Post#274 » by Benfitnyc » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:26 am

notericjr wrote:jimmy is doubtful for tomorrow as well lol

Where’d you see that? And why?
Jams60
Sophomore
And1: 64

Post#275 » by Jams60 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:35 am

Speaking of Jimmy. Do we have an idea what was happening in that last time out? He did not seem happy, I wish I could lip read, and someone also suggested there was some eye rolling. The body language was not good. I assumed from his actions that Brett had called a play for Reddick, not him.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,114

Post#276 » by eyeatoma » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:46 am

Jams60 wrote:Speaking of Jimmy. Do we have an idea what was happening in that last time out? He did not seem happy, I wish I could lip read, and someone also suggested there was some eye rolling. The body language was not good. I assumed from his actions that Brett had called a play for Reddick, not him.

That doesn't make sense, because he immediately got the ball, and took it to the hole.
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#277 » by Rastas » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:46 am

Benfitnyc wrote:
notericjr wrote:jimmy is doubtful for tomorrow as well lol

Where’d you see that? And why?

Probably has some SOFT tissue related injury. :wink:
BB_Fan
Junior
And1: 52

Post#278 » by BB_Fan » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:08 am

I believe 76ers wasted free agency by not signing any players.
BB_Fan
Junior
And1: 52

Post#279 » by BB_Fan » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:27 am

If Embiid is injured we are not going to even make playoffs.

Maybe it is better to stand pat at free agency and build a deeper team in 2019 free agency. This year it will be bucks vs Warriors.
nurseryc
Analyst
And1: 1,236

Post#280 » by nurseryc » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:35 am

BB_Fan wrote:If Embiid is injured we are not going to even make playoffs.

Maybe it is better to stand pat at free agency and build a deeper team in 2019 free agency. This year it will be bucks vs Warriors.

Not true. Have you forgotten what happened last season when Embiid went down for a long time and then Simmons took control and then took the team on the league best crazy win streak where we were defeating everyone? We all forget to easily

Return to Philadelphia 76ers