Sixers vs Knicks 1/13 @ 1pm EST

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Re: Sixers vs Knicks 1/13 @ 1pm EST 

Post#121 » by GimmeDat » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:30 pm

Is Bolden a liability in terms of being an offensive threat right now or he is just not getting any opportunities within the scheme of the offense? 2 shots and 0 points in the time he played is very underwhelming. I know it's his first year and he's going to be highly inconsistent on that end, but you'd at least hope for some hustle/finishing points on a bad night.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,800

Post#122 » by Negrodamus » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:56 pm

GimmeDat wrote:Is Bolden a liability in terms of being an offensive threat right now or he is just not getting any opportunities within the scheme of the offense? 2 shots and 0 points in the time he played is very underwhelming. I know it's his first year and he's going to be highly inconsistent on that end, but you'd at least hope for some hustle/finishing points on a bad night.

I actually think he plays incredibly well within the confines of the offense as a passer. Threw some good interior passes, one of which was to Butler posting up on an island. I just think fast break opportunities didn't present themselves much for him today. I still think his potential on offense is quite high.
agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#123 » by agiaco » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:27 am

nurseryc wrote:
Read on Twitter

He air-balled essentially the same shot shortly after. Ben's got some work to do, but nice to see a few more shots going up. I think he needs more face-up looks though. He takes too many turnaround fades.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#124 » by GimmeDat » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:02 am

Negrodamus wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:Is Bolden a liability in terms of being an offensive threat right now or he is just not getting any opportunities within the scheme of the offense? 2 shots and 0 points in the time he played is very underwhelming. I know it's his first year and he's going to be highly inconsistent on that end, but you'd at least hope for some hustle/finishing points on a bad night.

I actually think he plays incredibly well within the confines of the offense as a passer. Threw some good interior passes, one of which was to Butler posting up on an island. I just think fast break opportunities didn't present themselves much for him today. I still think his potential on offense is quite high.

I definitely think he has talent on that end. Always had a good feel as passer. Hopefully he progresses over time offensively.
BobDandridge
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#125 » by BobDandridge » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:35 am

Wilfried wrote:Dedmon (Hawks) would be a very nice add

In all seriousness it wouldn't be the dumbest thing to sign Bogut for the second half of the year. Defensive beast, anchor, shot blocker.

He's vocal and demanding on defence and would give an elite 12mpg. He also would be ideal to have next to Bolder to reach him how to play interior defence the real no short cuts way... Might be good for Ben too... There is respect there. ... Bogut also knows Brett Brown well as a coach.. Through national duty I believe...
Formerly Bigricho12
joshuapending
Junior
And1: 101

Post#126 » by joshuapending » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:43 am

BobDandridge wrote:

In all seriousness it wouldn't be the dumbest thing to sign Bogut for the second half of the year. Defensive beast, anchor, shot blocker.

He's vocal and demanding on defence and would give an elite 12mpg. He also would be ideal to have next to Bolder to reach him how to play interior defence the real no short cuts way... Might be good for Ben too... There is respect there. ... Bogut also knows Brett Brown well as a coach.. Through national duty I believe...

Bogut is firmly established back home now. He is on a multi year deal I'm pretty sure with no NBA out clause and has a ownership stake down the road. He is 0 chance of coming back now.
BobDandridge
Freshman

Post#127 » by BobDandridge » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:49 am

joshuapending wrote:
BobDandridge wrote:

Bogut is firmly established back home now. He is on a multi year deal I'm pretty sure with no NBA out clause and has a ownership stake down the road. He is 0 chance of coming back now.

Pretty sure that Australian season ends before we would need him.... And guaranteed Bogut makes that call in a off-season
Formerly Bigricho12
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,720

Post#128 » by the_process » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:25 am

BobDandridge wrote:

Sixers had Bogut for a minute in the Nerlens Noel trade. He had no interest in playing here then, and BC waived him.
BobDandridge
Freshman

Post#129 » by BobDandridge » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:22 am

the_process wrote:
BobDandridge wrote:

Sixers had Bogut for a minute in the Nerlens Noel trade. He had no interest in playing here then, and BC waived him.

Things change...
Formerly Bigricho12
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,965

Post#130 » by ankle420breaker » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:18 pm

Bogut has nothing left.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
BobDandridge
Freshman

Post#131 » by BobDandridge » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:59 pm

ankle420breaker wrote:Bogut has nothing left.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

He's playing 30mpg at the moment and putting up 11.3ppg (57%), 12.5rpg, 3.8apg, 2.9bpg.

In a lesser league.... Sure... but I think we all know Bogut would give elite defence, rim protection, rebounds, post passing and leadership, for the time Joel is resting. If... He was fit.... And he is.

Bogut is in a different league to Dedmon.
Formerly Bigricho12
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,720

Post#132 » by the_process » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:40 am

I'll take Dedmon 10/10 times over Bogut, sorry.
downtownpie
Pro Prospect
And1: 399

Post#133 » by downtownpie » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:33 am

the_process wrote:I'll take Dedmon 10/10 times over Bogut, sorry.

For 12min a game Dedmond will cost 6M.

Bogut would cost and the minimum.

Is there that much difference?
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,924

Post#134 » by CoreyGallagher » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:03 am

Read on Twitter
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers