ImageImageImage

Welcome Justin Patton

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Winejk
Bench Warmer
And1: 432

Welcome Justin Patton 

Post#1 » by Winejk » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:43 pm

Hard to believe that we don't even have a thread for Justin Patton. What an after thought. He shouldn't be though. Kid has some serious upside and talent. Will he put it together? That's the big question.

If he can provide some back up minutes at C by the end of the season, that would be huge.

He's cleared to start training and will be on the Blue Coats with Shake, Highsmith, and Zhaire. If you long for the early days of the process, watching Delaware should satisfy you.

PHILADELPHIA – JAN. 24, 2019 – The Philadelphia 76ers announced today that Justin Patton and Zhaire Smith have both been assigned to the Delaware Blue Coats of the NBA G League.

Patton, who is returning from right foot surgery, will begin practicing with the Blue Coats with limited and controlled contact, while Smith, who suffered a Jones fracture in his left foot, will begin by participating in the non-contact elements of the Blue Coats practices. The pair will be with the Blue Coats while the 76ers embark on a four-game Western Conference road trip.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Re: Welcome Justin Patton 

Post#2 » by rzzzzz » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:12 pm

Didn't want to jinx anything, but this afternoon I'm enjoying the highlight reel of this kid. If he can stay on the court, he sure looks like the ideal backup5.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,106

Post#3 » by Kobblehead » Mon Feb 4, 2019 6:28 pm

I really liked Justin Patton as a prospect. Dude is a legitimate defensive anchor that can play in space. He played F for most of his amateur career. On the offensive end, his above the rim game is pretty great. Great lob catcher and elite finisher.

It kinda sucks that Patton is a UFA this summer because he's a guy I wish we had a couple more team-controlled years to develop. I think he has a legitimate chance to develop into a contributor.

I hope we get something out of him as he makes his way back on the court. He could be the reserve big we've needed.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#4 » by Arsenal » Mon Feb 4, 2019 6:35 pm

Kobblehead wrote:I really liked Justin Patton as a prospect. Dude is a legitimate defensive anchor that can play in space. He played F for most of his amateur career. On the offensive end, his above the rim game is pretty great. Great lob catcher and elite finisher.

It kinda sucks that Patton is a UFA this summer because he's a guy I wish we had a couple more team-controlled years to develop. I think he has a legitimate chance to develop into a contributor.

I hope we get something out of him as he makes his way back on the court. He could be the reserve big we've needed.

I don't see a lot of teams clamoring for him at this point. We'll have a good chance to re-sign him if we want.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#5 » by Kobblehead » Tue Feb 5, 2019 2:18 am

Something like 3 years, $4.5 million would be perfect, IMO.

It's basically a reset rookie contract for him to work to establish himself. We can make the final year a team option or something.

I really believe in this kid.
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#6 » by XDevilBoiX » Tue Feb 5, 2019 4:12 pm

Read on Twitter
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#7 » by Kobblehead » Tue Feb 5, 2019 4:17 pm

Can't wait to check the G-League youtube channel later tonight lol.
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,754

Post#8 » by Sixersftw » Tue Feb 5, 2019 4:38 pm

Kobblehead wrote:Can't wait to check the G-League youtube channel later tonight lol.

Is Smith coming back Thursday? I thought they were both debuting on the same night but I guess not.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
kriss73
Analyst
And1: 1,811

Post#9 » by kriss73 » Tue Feb 5, 2019 5:00 pm

Patton back on court before Fultz.
I don't know if I, should cry or laugh
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,803

Post#10 » by Negrodamus » Tue Feb 5, 2019 5:13 pm

kriss73 wrote:Patton back on court before Fultz.
I don't know if I, should cry or laugh

I think more upsetting is that Caris LeVert's leg looked the way it did and he's on the verge of coming back. Seven days after that injury was the last game Fultz played in.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,803

Post#11 » by Negrodamus » Tue Feb 5, 2019 5:47 pm

Read on Twitter

Stretch 5!
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#12 » by Kobblehead » Tue Feb 5, 2019 5:51 pm

Trade Bolden, renounce Pasecniks, extend Patton!
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#13 » by LloydFree » Tue Feb 5, 2019 7:16 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
Read on Twitter

Stretch 5!

Well that's pretty much everything Muscala is going to give you.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
downtownpie
Pro Prospect
And1: 399

Post#14 » by downtownpie » Tue Feb 5, 2019 8:46 pm

I hope they keep this kid.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,721

Post#15 » by the_process » Tue Feb 5, 2019 9:07 pm

He's still salary matching fodder, because all the Sixers can offer is the amount of his 3rd year option, $3,117,240. While every other team can offer whatever they like. If you really like him, trading him now gives you a better shot of getting him back in the summer.
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#16 » by Arsenal » Tue Feb 5, 2019 9:10 pm

the_process wrote:He's still salary matching fodder, because all the Sixers can offer is the amount of his 3rd year option, $3,117,240. While every other team can offer whatever they like. If you really like him, trading him now gives you a better shot of getting him back in the summer.

I doubt he gets an offer higher than what we can pay. We should consider hiding him though if he looks good to ensure we can re-sign him. A 2 or 3 year deal like Kobble said would be perfect. A good chance to find our cost-effective backup for Embiid.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,721

Post#17 » by the_process » Wed Feb 6, 2019 12:20 am

Arsenal wrote:
the_process wrote:He's still salary matching fodder, because all the Sixers can offer is the amount of his 3rd year option, $3,117,240. While every other team can offer whatever they like. If you really like him, trading him now gives you a better shot of getting him back in the summer.

I doubt he gets an offer higher than what we can pay. We should consider hiding him though if he looks good to ensure we can re-sign him. A 2 or 3 year deal like Kobble said would be perfect. A good chance to find our cost-effective backup for Embiid.

They have a cost effective backup going forward... Bolden. It's going to take Brett a bit to come around to that however, because it wasn't on his spreadsheet at the beginning of the season.
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#18 » by Arsenal » Wed Feb 6, 2019 12:24 am

the_process wrote:
Arsenal wrote:

They have a cost effective backup going forward... Bolden. It's going to take Brett a bit to come around to that however, because it wasn't on his spreadsheet at the beginning of the season.

Bolden has potential, but he may be better suited to the 4. Patton is a bigger body and more equipped to face larger centers, especially in the post.

Who knows, Patton and Bolden could be our 2 backup big men next year.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,739

Post#19 » by phillynative » Wed Feb 6, 2019 7:18 pm

Anybody check how he looked in his g-league debut?
Benfitnyc
Junior
And1: 119

Post#20 » by Benfitnyc » Wed Feb 6, 2019 7:49 pm

phillynative wrote:Anybody check how he looked in his g-league debut?

I think he had around 8-10 pts in 12 mins...not bad.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers