RealGM
And1: 23,409

Re: Welcome Boban Marjanovic 

Post#41 » by 76ciology » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:57 am

Read on Twitter

Boban: 2.29 DRPM
Embiid: 2.28 DRPM

Who’s better? You be the judge :lol:
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#42 » by Foshan » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:01 am

So huge game last night. Assuming we resign Bulter & Harris, do we bring him back? if so how>
76ciology
RealGM

Post#43 » by 76ciology » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:28 pm

Foshan wrote:So huge game last night. Assuming we resign Bulter & Harris, do we bring him back? if so how>

Give him Ben’s max contract
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,446

Post#44 » by youngcrev » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:08 pm

76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

All half-jokes aside, the guy is undeniably a presence in the paint on offense. And if Bobi is out there, Bobi must eat, otherwise what's the point.

Which brings me to this: If Brett is going to stick with him as the backup 5, is it time for him to adjust his starter splits?

There was a time that having one of Joel and Ben on the floor at all times was a necessity. That's not really the case anymore with the presence of Harris and Butler. If Brett plans to keep Boban in the backup 5 role and TJ as his top reserve, those guys are basically the antithesis of what you'd want in a Ben Simmons-centric lineup.

I say go with TJ/Butler/Harris/Bobi (and one of Scott, Ennis or J Simmons) as your 2nd unit, and put Ben on that JJ/Joel line change.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#45 » by 76ciology » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:26 pm

youngcrev wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

All half-jokes aside, the guy is undeniably a presence in the paint on offense. And if Bobi is out there, Bobi must eat, otherwise what's the point.

Which brings me to this: If Brett is going to stick with him as the backup 5, is it time for him to adjust his starter splits?

There was a time that having one of Joel and Ben on the floor at all times was a necessity. That's not really the case anymore with the presence of Harris and Butler. If Brett plans to keep Boban in the backup 5 role and TJ as his top reserve, those guys are basically the antithesis of what you'd want in a Ben Simmons-centric lineup.

I say go with TJ/Butler/Harris/Bobi (and one of Scott, Ennis or J Simmons) as your 2nd unit, and put Ben on that JJ/Joel line change.

That has been happening. It’s just Biid was out last game so Ben has to pair with Bolden and Bolden with Tobias+Butlerp
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#46 » by youngcrev » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:35 pm

76ciology wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

That has been happening. It’s just Biid was out last game so Ben has to pair with Bolden and Bolden with Tobias+Butlerp

I wouldn't exactly say it's been happening since it was one game, haha. I also think he landed on that decision because he needed a guy to carry the 3rd line with Embiid out, so he's kinda backed into the lineup. We'll see what happens at full strength. Hopefully he sees something he likes during this stretch with the lineup experiments.
stoo
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,095

Post#47 » by stoo » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:06 pm

boban is making 7mil/season now, and i believe he would sign his next contract next season with whomever for very similar amount
NotSinceWilt
76ciology
RealGM

Post#48 » by 76ciology » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:17 pm

stoo wrote:boban is making 7mil/season now, and i believe he would sign his next contract next season with whomever for very similar amount

He only has to play 10mpg. He’ll accept it
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#49 » by youngcrev » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:18 pm

I don't think anyone is giving Boban 7M next year
stoo
Bench Warmer

Post#50 » by stoo » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:23 pm

youngcrev wrote:I don't think anyone is giving Boban 7M next year

I thinks he brings money to organization, is actually useful on the court and everybody loves him.. Plus it's small money

We'll see how he finishes this season. He's gonna shoot 3s in the PO (our secret weapon)
NotSinceWilt
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,699

Post#51 » by the_process » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:35 am

Boban has already hit his limit for the week. 46 minutes in two games in three days is too much for the big guy. He's gonna be out of juice for the next one.
BB_Fan
Junior
And1: 52

Post#52 » by BB_Fan » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:25 am

We have four centers - Boban, Bolden, Patton and Amir and Enes Kanter had a big game. If you cannot defend enes kanter then how can you defend better big out there. It is a shame we don't have a good backup big who can defend the paint and rebound.
stoo
Bench Warmer

Post#53 » by stoo » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:40 am

Boban is wrongly used... He should play short burstes of time and be primary ofensive weapon when he is on the court... That means give him the ball downlow and let him score, or give him the ball elsewhere and let him hit mid-jumpers or go to the basket..then he will score or if it's known that he shoots, it would be easier for him to back pass and find an open player..
All it takes for him to score at .700 rate is to be in position against any one guy, or two smaller players, anywhere inside 3pt area
NotSinceWilt
UptownPhilly
Analyst
And1: 183

Post#54 » by UptownPhilly » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:16 am

He's worth the 7 mil or in that ball park (a little less on a 2-3 year deal). He's got a nice, soft touch has good charisma and we only need him for 12-13 min per game. We should resign him and see what we have in Patton next year. Amir should stay for the rest of the season, but we should not resign him.
toshiro_mifune
Freshman
And1: 101

Post#55 » by toshiro_mifune » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:56 am

BB_Fan wrote:We have four centers - Boban, Bolden, Patton and Amir and Enes Kanter had a big game. If you cannot defend enes kanter then how can you defend better big out there. It is a shame we don't have a good backup big who can defend the paint and rebound.

odd post, kanter is pretty widely acknowledged as being very good offensively. It’s just that he is a turnstile on defense that makes him a poor center.
FlyingArrow
Starter
And1: 1,430

Post#56 » by FlyingArrow » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:50 am

Any word on Boban? Done for a week? Two? Six? The season? Career over?
Ben Simmons
Starter
And1: 1,077

Post#57 » by Ben Simmons » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:43 am

can play more up-tempo without Boban anyway and run teams out of the building, that's how we won 9 in a row without Embiid last season (last 8 regular season games and 1st playoff game) by an average margin of 16ppg :onfire:
Benfitnyc
Junior
And1: 119

Post#58 » by Benfitnyc » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:22 am

Heidi4Ben wrote:can play more up-tempo without Boban anyway and run teams out of the building, that's how we won 9 in a row without Embiid last season (last 8 regular season games and 1st playoff game) by an average margin of 16ppg :onfire:

Yup...it’s either that or the fact we played garbage, tanking teams during that stretch.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#59 » by 76ciology » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:31 am

stoo wrote:Boban is wrongly used... He should play short burstes of time and be primary ofensive weapon when he is on the court... That means give him the ball downlow and let him score, or give him the ball elsewhere and let him hit mid-jumpers or go to the basket..then he will score or if it's known that he shoots, it would be easier for him to back pass and find an open player..
All it takes for him to score at .700 rate is to be in position against any one guy, or two smaller players, anywhere inside 3pt area

Yeah. I also was thinking how to use him. I feel he’s like Lou Will that if you use him correctly, you got to have sort of an artificial star impact player on short bursts. I’d guess that role was OK when he was a backup for Biid. But part of the role was to be a starter so Biid can have his load management thing. It worked in some games and didnt against the Blazers
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#60 » by spikeslovechild » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:11 am

Loved having Bobi when it lasted. Wish we would have been more active in the buyout market. Who is still out there? Had Lopez signed?

Return to Philadelphia 76ers