Welcome Mike Scott

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

JoeZeke
Sophomore
And1: 74

Re: Welcome Mike Scott 

Post#61 » by JoeZeke » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:05 pm

agiaco wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:I feel like Scott becomes more undesirable the more he's on the court.

I'd keep him off the court so his potential suitors just see a 6'8" dude that can shoot as opposed to the unproductive, impact-less player that he really is.

His shot is so broken right now. He's not offering anything and we desperately need an upgrade at his position at this point. I'm surprised he was shooting well at some points considering he basically just flings the ball with 1 hand.

I'd like Bertans in his spot. Or Cov but I think paying for Bertans will already be costly.

Bertans, absolutely, he's a knockdown 3 point shooter. I wouldn't take Covington back if all it took was a second round pick. We've seen he's basically unplayable in the playoffs with his erratic shooting, inability to dribble a basketball, and stupid turnovers.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Post#62 » by Kobblehead » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:25 pm

JoeZeke wrote:Bertans, absolutely, he's a knockdown 3 point shooter. I wouldn't take Covington back if all it took was a second round pick. We've seen he's basically unplayable in the playoffs with his erratic shooting, inability to dribble a basketball, and stupid turnovers.

What exactly are you expecting out of Bertans in the playoffs? He's just as useless when closed out on as every other catch and shoot role player. Nikola Mirotic is a wayyyyyy better version of Bertans and he was a playoff afterthought his whole career. Bertans will offer nothing in the postseason. Covington might not be a needle mover, but he's better than Bertans.
JoeZeke
Sophomore
And1: 74

Post#63 » by JoeZeke » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:16 pm

Kobblehead wrote:
JoeZeke wrote:Bertans, absolutely, he's a knockdown 3 point shooter. I wouldn't take Covington back if all it took was a second round pick. We've seen he's basically unplayable in the playoffs with his erratic shooting, inability to dribble a basketball, and stupid turnovers.

What exactly are you expecting out of Bertans in the playoffs? He's just as useless when closed out on as every other catch and shoot role player. Nikola Mirotic is a wayyyyyy better version of Bertans and he was a playoff afterthought his whole career. Bertans will offer nothing in the postseason. Covington might not be a needle mover, but he's better than Bertans.

It was between Bertans and Covington. Bertans is a more consistent 3 point shooter, he would probably be the best 3 point shooter on the Sixers current roster. I wouldn't bring him here to play big minutes, he would be someone off the bench who can shoot better than 35% from three. I disagree with you on Cov, he takes a lot of bad shots and stupid turnovers.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Post#64 » by Kobblehead » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:39 pm

Bertans has shot under 30% from three in his 23 playoff games. He's not good at all and his one tool doesn't translate when everyone is locked in on defense and contesting jumpers. Covington falls victim to the same problems, but at least he's an all-world defender that produces points when he's on the court.

I wouldn't want to target either in a trade because they don't move the needle, but at least Covington is a consistently good player. Bertans is a career scrub randomly having a spike in production year.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers