ImageImageImage

Welcome Tobias Harris

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

DCasey91
Sixth Man
And1: 859

Re: Welcome Tobias Harris 

Post#881 » by DCasey91 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 9:51 pm

I believe Ben played well with Holmes, Fantastic hands and a lob target always, had the automatic push shot

Actually Kings version right now is a better player (Free throw % lower foul rate).

But yes Harris has the value over Ben

in the Howard/Thybulle lineups imo

Though if say a Beal type was in instead of Harris, Ben would look a lot better

It’s just that the three sub offensive played on the floor is a big no-no with two non shooters/scorers unless someone can score at a real high volume by himself to offset I.e Iverson Sixers.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 14,796

Post#882 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:56 am

Klay Thompson
Height:
6’7
Standing reach
8’ 7.5”

Tobias Harris
Height:
6’7”
Standing Reach:
8’7.5”

Tobi should increase his volume to sliding to SG when his shooting is not dropping. This way he can max out his ability to post or attack the rim. He can be a physical player for a SG but he’s soft for a PF.

Not saying always for he also plays well at some match-ups at PF where he can use his speed (explains why he’s good on transition).

His 6’11” wingspan gives him a good height to wingspan ratio that is allowing him to play multiple position and create mismatches.

Overall, it’s a dilemma for teams on who should they put their PF to. If they put their PF on Ben, then Tobi can post the wing players. If they put their PF on Tobi, then Ben can post their wing players. We kind of saw this in our recent games when Biid was trying to get both guys more involved on offense. Specially on the Celts game. I think another game was the Jazz game when Tobi carried us on OT against weak Jazz wing defenders.

My overall point? We dont have a good 2nd option on the team, but I think we can find ways to make Ben or Tobi a good 2nd option by creating favorable match-ups for them. We just have to develop it more that Ben and Tobi becomes natural with it.
“If anyone can refute me—show me I'm making a mistake or looking at things from the wrong perspective—I'll gladly change. It's the truth I'm after, and the truth never harmed anyone." Marcus Aurelius.
DCasey91
Sixth Man
And1: 859

Post#883 » by DCasey91 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:57 am

76ciology wrote:Klay Thompson
Height:
6’7
Standing reach
8’ 7.5”

Tobias Harris
Height:
6’7”
Standing Reach:
8’7.5”

Tobi should increase his volume to sliding to SG when his shooting is not dropping. This way he can max out his ability to post or attack the rim. He can be a physical player for a SG but he’s soft for a PF.

Not saying always for he also plays well at some match-ups at PF where he can use his speed (explains why he’s good on transition).

His 6’11” wingspan gives him a good height to wingspan ratio that is allowing him to play multiple position and create mismatches.

Overall, it’s a dilemma for teams on who should they put their PF to. If they put their PF on Ben, then Tobi can post the wing players. If they put their PF on Tobi, then Ben can post their wing players. We kind of saw this in our recent games when Biid was trying to get both guys more involved on offense. Specially on the Celts game. I think another game was the Jazz game when Tobi carried us on OT against weak Jazz wing defenders.

My overall point? We dont have a good 2nd option on the team, but I think we can find ways to make Ben or Tobi a good 2nd option by creating favorable match-ups for them. We just have to develop it more that Ben and Tobi becomes natural with it.

I don’t have Ben grading out as a 2nd option on offense ever (hence why I pulled back his range overall) I can buy 3rd/4th option provided the 1/2 score at high enough volume hence why I rate the Embiid/Beal/Simmons over Embiid/Beal/Harris. Fits much much better.

I have Embiid grading out as a Hakeem level passer/facilitator no where near Garnett/Duncan and certainly not Jokic lvl.

But the point is to try and build it like a 95’ Hakeem special or an 10” Howard team. Both should be the blueprint.

Or double down and go Pistons 04” (more score heavy center).

But we are missing key players in any version you choose to build from.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#884 » by 76ciology » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:08 pm

Read on Twitter

Small sample size but very encouraging
“If anyone can refute me—show me I'm making a mistake or looking at things from the wrong perspective—I'll gladly change. It's the truth I'm after, and the truth never harmed anyone." Marcus Aurelius.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#885 » by 76ciology » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:07 pm

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/tobias-harris-didnt-change-his-game-the-sixers-changed-around-him/amp/#click=https://t.co/TAAF8CvbLW

Harris is running more pick and rolls per possession than he has in his career, according to Second Spectrum. He has sacrificed quantity of on-ball screening possessions — setting single-digit on-ball picks per 100 possessions for only the third time in his career — for quality, as he’s the most efficient he’s ever been in such scenarios. He’s setting career highs driving the ball and passing it. Harris is at home in the post, but he’s adaptable and able to contribute in a variety of contexts across the floor. He may be an old-school player in his shot selection, but he’s as modern as they come in terms of his skill set at the forward position.

Harris has become more than the third violin filling the background space for soloists Embiid and Ben Simmons. Lineups with Harris and neither of the team’s other stars have actually been among the team’s most effective weapons, winning their minutes by a wide margin — and far outscoring lineups with either of the other stars alone. (Last season, lineups with Harris and without Simmons and Embiid lost their minutes.)

Individually, Harris’s efficiency is bordering on historic. In fact, Harris is 1.3 percentage points in free throw shooting away from joining the vaunted 50/40/90 club. There are eight members, six of whom are either in the Hall of Fame or nearly certain to join. 3

Whether judging by his own numbers or by his team’s success with him on the floor, Harris has never had a better season. He’s done it by improving his game, of course, but perhaps as significant has been the space within which he’s improved. Harris’s performance, and that of the Sixers overall, may prove that changing the shape of the slot to match the peg may be the solution both sides needed to properly contextualize his game and his contract.

Im hoping one day Ben can have an article about his improvement on offense also.

Who wouldnt want him to improve?

Return to Philadelphia 76ers