ImageImageImage

Welcome Tobias Harris

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,757

Re: Welcome Tobias Harris 

Post#741 » by HotelVitale » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:21 am

elchengue20 wrote:Terry Rozier actually could be a very interesting addition to our core. Just checked his numbers, 20 ppg with elite efficiency. 44% from three and 62% TS. Efficiency is really outta control around the league lol. He's 26 so he fits our timeline perfectly, i guess the Hornets may want to build around Lamelo.

Woah, woah. He's got a long track record as one of the least efficient scorers in the league--and on pretty weak volume too--and his asst:TO is also pretty outrageous. I'd be a little more skeptical about a couple good months this year.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,694

Post#742 » by the_process » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:01 pm

HotelVitale wrote:
elchengue20 wrote:Terry Rozier actually could be a very interesting addition to our core. Just checked his numbers, 20 ppg with elite efficiency. 44% from three and 62% TS. Efficiency is really outta control around the league lol. He's 26 so he fits our timeline perfectly, i guess the Hornets may want to build around Lamelo.

Woah, woah. He's got a long track record as one of the least efficient scorers in the league--and on pretty weak volume too--and his asst:TO is also pretty outrageous. I'd be a little more skeptical about a couple good months this year.

He's only got a year and a half left on his deal, so he would definitely be a guy to grab.

But... Charlotte is one of those teams who just wants to make the playoffs. So getting them to agree to move him would come to a cost it's not worth to pay.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,405

Post#743 » by Eyeamok » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:23 pm

elchengue20 wrote:
kriss73 wrote:The Doc effect
Read on Twitter

The 2020's efficient offense effect also.

It's crazy the scoring/efficiency numbers a lot of guys are putting up.

Glad Tobi is playing well, definiteviely Doc knows how to get the best of him. We should take advantage and trade him lol.

No team is going to trade for Harris without Doc being included in the deal....trust me on that. :lol:
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
AI_Efficiency
Sixth Man
And1: 698

Post#744 » by AI_Efficiency » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:24 pm

Have we heard anything on the testing on his knee. Hopefully it’s just a bruise.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,399

Post#745 » by 76ciology » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:19 pm

Read on Twitter

REJOICE

AI_Efficiency wrote:Have we heard anything on the testing on his knee. Hopefully it’s just a bruise.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,898

Post#746 » by kuclas » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:18 pm

76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

REJOICE

AI_Efficiency wrote:Have we heard anything on the testing on his knee. Hopefully it’s just a bruise.

Harris has been ironman the past 5 plus seasons. Playing 75 plus games. Hope he's just out a couple of games. A week off isn't a bad idea or even two weeks off to recharge.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,791

Post#747 » by Stanford » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:14 am

kuclas wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

REJOICE

Harris has been ironman the past 5 plus seasons. Playing 75 plus games. Hope he's just out a couple of games. A week off isn't a bad idea or even two weeks off to recharge.

the best skill is the one where you can play in games
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,898

Post#748 » by kuclas » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:09 am

Stanford wrote:
kuclas wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

REJOICE

For most players. Yes. That is true.

But our big guy Embiid needs rest days to recharge.

Harris probably doesn’t need rest days
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,446

Post#749 » by youngcrev » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:24 am

Stanford wrote:
kuclas wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

REJOICE

:lol:

Hate you for saying it, but loved how you said it
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#750 » by Stanford » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:40 am

kuclas wrote:For most players. Yes. That is true.

But our big guy Embiid needs rest days to recharge.

Harris probably doesn’t need rest days

the best talent is in which minutes are logged and feet on the court
76ciology
RealGM

Post#751 » by 76ciology » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:32 am

Stanford wrote:
kuclas wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

REJOICE

You mean “the best ability is availability”? :D
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#752 » by Stanford » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:57 pm

I just can't get that one right
76ciology
RealGM

Post#753 » by 76ciology » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:22 pm

Read on Twitter

This is an example of what I want from Tobi. He has to master the art of creating space. With the push offs, step backs, kicking and etc. Tobi also have to gain more muscle and be more physical.

This is aside from being a better shooter, by maintaining his 40% 3pt% while adding volume to his 3pt attempts.

I know he can improve on these aspects. Tobi is a smart driven guy who we see improvements on his game year ro year. He already has a good foundation
kio80
Sixth Man
And1: 1,076

Welcome Tobias Harris 

Post#754 » by kio80 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:53 pm

No, too much dribble, he should use Klay Thompson’s style as a mound, in a PF position.

Too much tunnel vision to handle the ball too much. The current efficiency, is the ceiling of Tobi right now, I will be extremely happy if he doesn’t fall off from it, but I doubt it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,080

Post#755 » by Kobblehead » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:15 pm

Harris is skilled enough to not have to play a physical game. I don't mind him staying light and finesse.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,057

Post#756 » by sixers hoops » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:50 pm

kio80 wrote:No, too much dribble, he should use Klay Thompson’s style as a mound, in a PF position.

Too much tunnel vision to handle the ball too much. The current efficiency, is the ceiling of Tobi right now, I will be extremely happy if he doesn’t fall off from it, but I doubt it.

This was Doc’s theory and it was pretty accurate. Doc basically said that Tobias can’t step fake, pump fake, head fake, because nobody bites so it’s a waste. Doc said he needs to catch and shoot, catch and pass, catch and drive. Whatever if is going to do... just do it.

Tobias averaging 21ppg seems to be his max level, but we could use more scoring from him. I’m not sure how to increase his attempts and maintain his current efficiency, but he and Ben are the logical choices to give us more points.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,140

Post#757 » by M2J » Mon Mar 1, 2021 4:53 pm

sixers hoops wrote:
kio80 wrote:No, too much dribble, he should use Klay Thompson’s style as a mound, in a PF position.

This was Doc’s theory and it was pretty accurate. Doc basically said that Tobias can’t step fake, pump fake, head fake, because nobody bites so it’s a waste. Doc said he needs to catch and shoot, catch and pass, catch and drive. Whatever if is going to do... just do it.

Tobias averaging 21ppg seems to be his max level, but we could use more scoring from him. I’m not sure how to increase his attempts and maintain his current efficiency, but he and Ben are the logical choices to give us more points.

More pick and roll opportunities with them together, especially with Tobi as the handler could increase both their scoring.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#758 » by 76ciology » Mon Mar 1, 2021 6:44 pm

Kobblehead wrote:Harris is skilled enough to not have to play a physical game. I don't mind him staying light and finesse.

He wont be able to create space with his current physique, this may limit his ability to finish in the paint.

Its ok if he stay light if he can blow past anyone.

Right now if he stay light, he better make a jump with his 3pt shooting % so he be a much better threat from the perimeter.

I find his shooting to be OK. So Im thinking he should try to attack more and score more from drive by improving his physique that may allow him to create some space like most of the mobile scoring tweeners.

If having a more muscular physique will hurt his game then he better some tricks by watching guys like past 30 Jimmy or past 30 Wade on how to create space that is borderline offensive fouls IMO
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#759 » by DCasey91 » Mon Mar 1, 2021 10:24 pm

76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is an example of what I want from Tobi. He has to master the art of creating space. With the push offs, step backs, kicking and etc. Tobi also have to gain more muscle and be more physical.

This is aside from being a better shooter, by maintaining his 40% 3pt% while adding volume to his 3pt attempts.

I know he can improve on these aspects. Tobi is a smart driven guy who we see improvements on his game year ro year. He already has a good foundation

Not to be a debbie downer but Harris doesn’t have the makeup for it. Funny thing is physically he should be Carmelo 2.0 but that’s what’s probably separates him from being good to great.

Butler loves contact, in fact he seeks it out on pretty much every drive. And his fouls are a lot cleaner to see because he’s very strong when he drives.

Harris for his athletic profile should bully more but doesn’t, hence the extremely low foul rate for his career. I don’t expect it to suddenly change. And Harris is never going to space separation. Shooting over the top once he gets to spot is a better way. He has a goood enough shot from the eye test to do that. We all know he is way way better making quick decisions. Probably have to play six seconds or less with him.

I’m hoping in the Playoffs he puts up 20/8/2

With 55-56 ts% splits and 35% from three.

That’s what I’m hoping for
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,695

Post#760 » by phillynative » Mon Mar 1, 2021 10:49 pm

Jimmy has guard skills in a wings body. Hes a good ball handler, low center of gravity with elite strength on the peremiter and crafty around the rim. Even though hes a average peremiter shooter he can get his shot off anytime he wants.

Tobias is a tweener who has a average athleticism as a 3 and average length as a 4. He has developed his game enough to where he can score from each level on the floor but his best area is midrange. Hes not a volume three point shooter and hes not a great slasher because of the average athleticism and ball handling ability.
I would perfer if he shot more 3s and got to the rim and drew fouls more but I dont see that happening.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers