ImageImageImage

Welcome Tobias Harris

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,362
And1: 515
Joined: Jul 01, 2018

Re: Welcome Tobias Harris 

Post#841 » by PhillyPhilly » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:55 pm

elchengue20 wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:
elchengue20 wrote:I knew he was going to be better with Doc and our new system, but he has exceeded expectations so far. The playmaking in particular is a very welcomed addition to his game.

I also give 76ciology credit because he always identified Tobias a player who is improving consistenly.

Stiil, i don't like the fit with the Biid/Ben duo and would try to take advantage and move him next offseason.


I really don't know how anyone with any decent knowledge of the game can sit there and suggest Tobi doesn't fit like a glove alongside Joel and Ben...I just cannot fathom such a frivolous notion when the stats are there for ALL to see smh :D .


He isn't a great fit for the role we are asking him, wich is to be the go-to perimeter creator and scorer of the team, specially in crunch time. Also he should be taking more threes to complement better Biid and Ben. Defensively he is average at best and could get really exposed in some matchups.

I rather have a Markieff Morris cheap kind of player at the 4 and spend those 35M+/yr on an elite guard.

It's just my opinion, and many people with "any decent kowledge" thinks the same. But if makes you feel better to think you know more than others, go ahead.


Your "opinion" is futile if all of the stats undermine your argument..your notion is centered around what YOU want for the team...not reality and what Tobi does for the team alongside Jo and Ben..but hey some folks will never let their bitterness about the Harris trade go and will still try to spout baseless rhetoric to continue to push that agenda..oh well beat that dead horse if you wish.
elchengue20
Rookie
Posts: 1,028
And1: 711
Joined: Aug 17, 2013

Re: Welcome Tobias Harris 

Post#842 » by elchengue20 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:55 pm

PhillyPhilly wrote:
elchengue20 wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:
I really don't know how anyone with any decent knowledge of the game can sit there and suggest Tobi doesn't fit like a glove alongside Joel and Ben...I just cannot fathom such a frivolous notion when the stats are there for ALL to see smh :D .


He isn't a great fit for the role we are asking him, wich is to be the go-to perimeter creator and scorer of the team, specially in crunch time. Also he should be taking more threes to complement better Biid and Ben. Defensively he is average at best and could get really exposed in some matchups.

I rather have a Markieff Morris cheap kind of player at the 4 and spend those 35M+/yr on an elite guard.

It's just my opinion, and many people with "any decent kowledge" thinks the same. But if makes you feel better to think you know more than others, go ahead.


Your "opinion" is futile if all of the stats undermine your argument..your notion is centered around what YOU want for the team...not reality and what Tobi does for the team alongside Jo and Ben..but hey some folks will never let their bitterness about the Harris trade go and will still try to spout baseless rhetoric to continue to push that agenda..oh well beat that dead horse if you wish.


Let's talk after the Playoffs.

The only stat i care is Playoff wins and Championships. Tobias hasn't played well there, and i don't see us making a deep run relying too much on him to create/make shots in the halfcourt.

Also, i would like to know wich stats you're talking about. Probably net efficiency in the RS with Tobias, Ben and Biid lineups. It's stupid to make that conclusion based solely on that information, but go ahead.
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,362
And1: 515
Joined: Jul 01, 2018

Re: Welcome Tobias Harris 

Post#843 » by PhillyPhilly » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:56 pm

elchengue20 wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:
elchengue20 wrote:
He isn't a great fit for the role we are asking him, wich is to be the go-to perimeter creator and scorer of the team, specially in crunch time. Also he should be taking more threes to complement better Biid and Ben. Defensively he is average at best and could get really exposed in some matchups.

I rather have a Markieff Morris cheap kind of player at the 4 and spend those 35M+/yr on an elite guard.

It's just my opinion, and many people with "any decent kowledge" thinks the same. But if makes you feel better to think you know more than others, go ahead.


Your "opinion" is futile if all of the stats undermine your argument..your notion is centered around what YOU want for the team...not reality and what Tobi does for the team alongside Jo and Ben..but hey some folks will never let their bitterness about the Harris trade go and will still try to spout baseless rhetoric to continue to push that agenda..oh well beat that dead horse if you wish.


Let's talk after the Playoffs.

The only stat i care is Playoff wins and Championships. Tobias hasn't played well there, and i don't see us making a deep run relying too much on him to create/make shots in the halfcourt.

Also, i would like to know wich stats you're talking about. Probably net efficiency in the RS with Tobias, Ben and Biid lineups. It's stupid to make that conclusion based solely on that information, but go ahead.


Er Tobi has only played ONE playoff run with both Ben and Jo!!...ONE. And in that one run we took the eventual champs to seven games. Also this year the sixers are 21-3 when Tobi scores 20 points. But lets trade Tobi as soon as we can, right? :D
elchengue20
Rookie
Posts: 1,028
And1: 711
Joined: Aug 17, 2013

Re: Welcome Tobias Harris 

Post#844 » by elchengue20 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:30 pm

PhillyPhilly wrote:
elchengue20 wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:
Your "opinion" is futile if all of the stats undermine your argument..your notion is centered around what YOU want for the team...not reality and what Tobi does for the team alongside Jo and Ben..but hey some folks will never let their bitterness about the Harris trade go and will still try to spout baseless rhetoric to continue to push that agenda..oh well beat that dead horse if you wish.


Let's talk after the Playoffs.

The only stat i care is Playoff wins and Championships. Tobias hasn't played well there, and i don't see us making a deep run relying too much on him to create/make shots in the halfcourt.

Also, i would like to know wich stats you're talking about. Probably net efficiency in the RS with Tobias, Ben and Biid lineups. It's stupid to make that conclusion based solely on that information, but go ahead.


Er Tobi has only played ONE playoff run with both Ben and Jo!!...ONE. And in that one run we took the eventual champs to seven games. Also this year the sixers are 21-3 when Tobi scores 20 points. But lets trade Tobi as soon as we can, right? :D


He also played with this guy named Jimmy Butler who made the Finals next season and is a much better player for what we need both offensively and defensively. Sure Tobias as your 3th option and 4th best player is a luxury, but that ain't the case nowadays and probably won't be ever again because he eats a big part of our cap space.

Also he played with Biid last postseason and we got swept the hell outta the Playoffs.

Your arguments are pretty weak to act like you have scientific evidence or something. Imagine what our team would look like if we actually had an reliable 20+ ppg scorer with those 35+M a year, and i'm not even mentioning the playmaking or defense. Maybe we could even be an NBA Champion, who knows.
spikeslovechild
General Manager
Posts: 9,223
And1: 4,501
Joined: Dec 16, 2013
Location: Right here waiting for you

Re: Welcome Tobias Harris 

Post#845 » by spikeslovechild » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:50 pm

elchengue20 wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:
elchengue20 wrote:
Let's talk after the Playoffs.

The only stat i care is Playoff wins and Championships. Tobias hasn't played well there, and i don't see us making a deep run relying too much on him to create/make shots in the halfcourt.

Also, i would like to know wich stats you're talking about. Probably net efficiency in the RS with Tobias, Ben and Biid lineups. It's stupid to make that conclusion based solely on that information, but go ahead.


Er Tobi has only played ONE playoff run with both Ben and Jo!!...ONE. And in that one run we took the eventual champs to seven games. Also this year the sixers are 21-3 when Tobi scores 20 points. But lets trade Tobi as soon as we can, right? :D


He also played with this guy named Jimmy Butler who made the Finals next season and is a much better player for what we need both offensively and defensively. Sure Tobias as your 3th option and 4th best player is a luxury, but that ain't the case nowadays and probably won't be ever again because he eats a big part of our cap space.

Also he played with Biid last postseason and we got swept the hell outta the Playoffs.

Your arguments are pretty weak to act like you have scientific evidence or something. Imagine what our team would look like if we actually had an reliable 20+ ppg scorer with those 35+M a year, and i'm not even mentioning the playmaking or defense. Maybe we could even be an NBA Champion, who knows.


Jimmy Butler is a bad fit offensively at least Harris takes 3's. I am convinced many of you never watched us with him on offense. He refused to take 3's even when open
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 46,725
And1: 10,622
Joined: Feb 07, 2005
Location: Parts Unknown
   

Re: Welcome Tobias Harris 

Post#846 » by Stanford » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:59 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:Jimmy Butler is a bad fit offensively at least Harris takes 3's. I am convinced many of you never watched us with him on offense. He refused to take 3's even when open


That doesn't mean he was a bad fit
Image
spikeslovechild
General Manager
Posts: 9,223
And1: 4,501
Joined: Dec 16, 2013
Location: Right here waiting for you

Re: Welcome Tobias Harris 

Post#847 » by spikeslovechild » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:43 pm

Stanford wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:Jimmy Butler is a bad fit offensively at least Harris takes 3's. I am convinced many of you never watched us with him on offense. He refused to take 3's even when open


That doesn't mean he was a bad fit


It wasn't if it was still the 90's.

Embiid, Simmons, and Butler as a big 3 were always going to be a bad fit especially if you remove Harris. What he is doing with Miami wouldn't be the same here in Miami he is surrounded by floor spacers.
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,362
And1: 515
Joined: Jul 01, 2018

Re: Welcome Tobias Harris 

Post#848 » by PhillyPhilly » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:00 pm

elchengue20 wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:
elchengue20 wrote:
Let's talk after the Playoffs.

The only stat i care is Playoff wins and Championships. Tobias hasn't played well there, and i don't see us making a deep run relying too much on him to create/make shots in the halfcourt.

Also, i would like to know wich stats you're talking about. Probably net efficiency in the RS with Tobias, Ben and Biid lineups. It's stupid to make that conclusion based solely on that information, but go ahead.


Er Tobi has only played ONE playoff run with both Ben and Jo!!...ONE. And in that one run we took the eventual champs to seven games. Also this year the sixers are 21-3 when Tobi scores 20 points. But lets trade Tobi as soon as we can, right? :D


He also played with this guy named Jimmy Butler who made the Finals next season and is a much better player for what we need both offensively and defensively. Sure Tobias as your 3th option and 4th best player is a luxury, but that ain't the case nowadays and probably won't be ever again because he eats a big part of our cap space.

Also he played with Biid last postseason and we got swept the hell outta the Playoffs.

Your arguments are pretty weak to act like you have scientific evidence or something. Imagine what our team would look like if we actually had an reliable 20+ ppg scorer with those 35+M a year, and i'm not even mentioning the playmaking or defense. Maybe we could even be an NBA Champion, who knows.


Lol the same Butler WHO REGULARLY REFUSED TO TAKE THREES whilst playing with BEN AND JO?? That Butler?? Yeah you've really come with a "strong" point there my friend...I'm sooooo ready to wave the white flag :lol: :lol:
DCasey91
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,265
And1: 619
Joined: Dec 15, 2020
   

Re: Welcome Tobias Harris 

Post#849 » by DCasey91 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:25 pm

Butler didn’t fit? I’m pretty sure he kept us afloat in that Raptors game offensively.

So quick to blame others for fit problems because of others and not Ben. Fwiw I Like Ben, but Ben is the problem on offense with any fit unless you have two off ball GOAT shooters always has been always will.
You’re fitting a square peg into a round hole with Ben on offense. The specific elite players needed for Ben come around once in a generation together lmao by definition he doesn’t become a vocal point on the offense.

I wouldn’t either when your no threat on ball as a scorer/shooter can’t build an offense around that.
He’s complimentary/highly specific player on offense. His value is in his defense not offense

Embiid + Butler >>>>>>>> any team construction we’ve ever had easily.

Embiid + Harden (GG league)

Embiid + Beal

See the pattern emerging?

Beal maybe an elite scorer but I’ll take Butler over Beal any day of the week for offense. Offense isn’t about scoring and just scoring that’s very basic.
Butler’s offense is super sound in the playoffs
Embiid-MVP
Sophomore
Posts: 134
And1: 49
Joined: Apr 20, 2019
         

Re: Welcome Tobias Harris 

Post#850 » by Embiid-MVP » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:30 am

Shame on any of the doubters. Another one by Mr Harris
User avatar
ProcessDoctor
Head Coach
Posts: 6,340
And1: 2,468
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
   

Re: Welcome Tobias Harris 

Post#851 » by ProcessDoctor » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:44 am

From poser to closer.
2020-2021 Philadelphia 76ers:

Simmons/Milton/Maxey
Curry/Hill/Korkmaz/Joe
Green/Thybulle/Brazeknis
Harris/Scott
Embiid/Howard/Reed
Rastas
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,522
And1: 753
Joined: May 31, 2012

Re: Welcome Tobias Harris 

Post#852 » by Rastas » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:11 am

Keep improving that trade value Mr Harris!

Sent from my SM-G998B using RealGM mobile app
ivysixer2000
Head Coach
Posts: 6,581
And1: 1,483
Joined: Feb 24, 2005

Re: Welcome Tobias Harris 

Post#853 » by ivysixer2000 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:35 am

ProcessDoctor wrote:From poser to closer.


The question is can he do it in the playoffs, but he has definitely stepped up so far.

He finally officially made it to the 50/40/90 club tonight....been chasing the free throws for a while and finally got it tonight.

He has been better than I could have imaged him to be, hope it continues and he can finish the season how he has started it.
User avatar
sodmoraes
Junior
Posts: 429
And1: 129
Joined: Dec 28, 2004

Re: Welcome Tobias Harris 

Post#854 » by sodmoraes » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:57 am

He´s playing really well. He can do it all( a 3 level scorer) . I think he just needs to shoot more 3s. If he plays well in the playoffs this year, we should probably keep him and trade Ben( no kidding). He fits really well with Embiid, and i think Simmons game wont age well when his athleticism starts to fade..
[quote:bba5df4c1f="hornetstime"]jr smith will be out of this league in 2 years, book it.[/quote]
Murray_17
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,892
And1: 2,178
Joined: Mar 20, 2020
   

Re: Welcome Tobias Harris 

Post#855 » by Murray_17 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 4:00 am

The only criticism i currently have with Tobias is that there are stretches where he's shooting amazingly well and suddenly he stop taking shoots for 4 or 5 minutes.

He need to just be a little more selfish when he's on one of those hot strecthes he's having lately, he's even hitting super difficult degree fadeaways, it's amazing
kriss73
Veteran
Posts: 2,802
And1: 1,522
Joined: Jul 25, 2015
       

Re: Welcome Tobias Harris 

Post#856 » by kriss73 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 10:59 am

Aside from the amazing shooting splits (50/40/90), this is very impressive by Tobias this year.

Read on Twitter


He will change tier if he can do that consistently and on the bigger stages too.
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
Posts: 8,457
And1: 2,096
Joined: Jun 28, 2002

Re: Welcome Tobias Harris 

Post#857 » by sixers hoops » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:31 pm

ivysixer2000 wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:From poser to closer.


The question is can he do it in the playoffs, but he has definitely stepped up so far.

He finally officially made it to the 50/40/90 club tonight....been chasing the free throws for a while and finally got it tonight.

He has been better than I could have imaged him to be, hope it continues and he can finish the season how he has started it.


Yeah. I don’t think a good regular season stretch against mostly bad teams makes you a star, but Tobias has had some huge performances, and his confidence is very high. I am pretty confidence he plays at a high level come playoff time. We are getting into a pretty large sample size this season, and I think this coaching staff has him in a position to excel.
User avatar
sodmoraes
Junior
Posts: 429
And1: 129
Joined: Dec 28, 2004

Re: Welcome Tobias Harris 

Post#858 » by sodmoraes » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:35 pm



Man, watching this highlights you see Tobias can do it all: drive to the rim, shoot mid range fadeways, hesi pullups,shot the 3 well( but he gotta shoot more). And he became a pretty good defensive player too. What i like about him is that he's a hard worker, every year he improves a little bit. Lately im seeing that his playmaking is getting better too, if he could become our closer with good percentages in the playoffs i dont even want to trade him anymore, i think he can be a special player for us, he grew a lot this year.

***Extreme Homer alert ( beware):

I Always tought Tobias was some kind of Durant light( walmart Durant :D ) , he can do it all( of course not close to Durant's level). If Harris continues to improve do you guys think this comparison has some merit? What do you guys thinks that set Durant's apart from Harris? In my opinion it's mainly because Durant is bigger ( he's almost 7 ft) so he can get his shot better, so he's a better shooter because of it too. Durant is more athletic too.

Sent from my SM-G920I using RealGM mobile app
[quote:bba5df4c1f="hornetstime"]jr smith will be out of this league in 2 years, book it.[/quote]
Wilfried
Analyst
Posts: 3,303
And1: 1,230
Joined: May 24, 2007

Re: Welcome Tobias Harris 

Post#859 » by Wilfried » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:53 pm

We clearly now have a #1 option on a contender

Thing is we need a #2 and #3. We all hoped Ben could become that #2, but maybe it's Tobi?

#19th in BPM and VORP for the moment. Keep it up.
rzzzzz
Analyst
Posts: 3,347
And1: 1,003
Joined: Feb 21, 2015
 

Re: Welcome Tobias Harris 

Post#860 » by rzzzzz » Sun Apr 4, 2021 4:18 pm

At least under Doc, he is clearly a closer. One of the main things we lost when Jimmy left.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers