Buyout Market

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Re: Buyout Market 

Post#501 » by LloydFree » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:20 pm

ankle420breaker wrote:If Sac doesn't re-sign Brewer after his 10 day expires I'd happily bring him back. He was more productive in his stint here than either Ennis or J Simmons has been.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

He doesn't hit the 3 as well as Ennis, so I don't think he could take his spot or fill the role they hope Ennis will fill.

Brewer's celing is J Simmons' floor. They're the same thing except Jonathan Simmons has the extra dimension of being able to handle the basketball. With only 2 PGs on the roster, available for the playoff roster, I don't think Simmons would be in any danger of getting displaced by Brewer.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,444

Post#502 » by youngcrev » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:33 pm

LloydFree wrote:
ankle420breaker wrote:If Sac doesn't re-sign Brewer after his 10 day expires I'd happily bring him back. He was more productive in his stint here than either Ennis or J Simmons has been.

He doesn't hit the 3 as well as Ennis, so I don't think he could take his spot or fill the role they hope Ennis will fill.

Brewer's celing is J Simmons' floor. They're the same thing except Jonathan Simmons has the extra dimension of being able to handle the basketball. With only 2 PGs on the roster, available for the playoff roster, I don't think Simmons would be in any danger of getting displaced by Brewer.

Yeah, Brewer made a great first impression here, but he's not a good player. I guess you could pick him back up and just hope that 1 of those 3 guys is making shots come playoff time and roll with the hot hand.
gdog2004
Starter
And1: 706

Post#503 » by gdog2004 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:39 pm

LloydFree wrote:

Was Orlando Simmons better than Philly Corey Brewer ? I don't think so.
If you are talking Jonathon Simmons from a few years ago, agreed. But he has not been that in a long time.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#504 » by ankle420breaker » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:10 am

LloydFree wrote:

I get the numbers don't lie, but Brewer brought more than we all expected albeit in a short stint. The defensive intensity was better than what I've seen from Ennis thus far and CB made more of a point to fill a lane on every break.

Neither are studs... I'd honestly prefer to have both and waive Amir to allow for additional wing depth.

ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#505 » by ankle420breaker » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:33 am

Moot point... looks like he's staying in Sac

phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,682

Post#506 » by phillynative » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:58 am

Why didn't we give John Jenkins a chance . We could of used him off the bench as a shooter.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#507 » by BullyKing » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:08 am

phillynative wrote:Why didn't we give John Jenkins a chance . We could of used him off the bench as a shooter.

Because he's not good. That's why he has played in 10 NBA games in the last three years. Should we next complain that we haven't given Arnett Moultrie a chance?
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 522

Post#508 » by PhillyPhilly » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:18 pm

So when Van Vleet returns for the Raptors, does that mean Lin could potentially be released?
Kolkmania
Analyst
And1: 1,664

Post#509 » by Kolkmania » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:30 pm

PhillyPhilly wrote:So when Van Vleet returns for the Raptors, does that mean Lin could potentially be released?

No.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,682

Post#510 » by phillynative » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:05 am

BullyKing wrote:
phillynative wrote:Why didn't we give John Jenkins a chance . We could of used him off the bench as a shooter.

Because he's not good. That's why he has played in 10 NBA games in the last three years. Should we next complain that we haven't given Arnett Moultrie a chance?

SURE
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,346

Post#511 » by 76ciology » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:38 am

I was looking at OKc and Rox. They got useable role players like Morris and Farried in the buyout market.

It got me thinking. Could these guys dont want to play for us because they know we aren’t going to retain them for more than the minimum with our team scheduled to max 4 guys and maybe use the remaining on JJ.

Atleast they have a shot to get more than minimum money with playing time with teams like OKC or rox
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Kolkmania
Analyst
And1: 1,664

Post#512 » by Kolkmania » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:35 am

76ciology wrote:I was looking at OKc and Rox. They got useable role players like Morris and Farried in the buyout market.

It got me thinking. Could these guys dont want to play for us because they know we aren’t going to retain them for more than the minimum with our team scheduled to max 4 guys and maybe use the remaining on JJ.

Atleast they have a shot to get more than minimum money with playing time with teams like OKC or rox

You know that OKC and Houston have two of the most expensive contract situations in the league? We have star players with bird rights which allows up to operate over the cap and ML + Bi-Annual exceptions.

Either we weren't interested in them or they simply thought that their situation is more attractive. In the case of Farried there was a clear path to minutes because of the Capela injury for example.
Kova
Veteran
And1: 709

Post#513 » by Kova » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:40 am

Man, I'd love to have Noah as a backup C. He still has it, and his intensity is what we need for our 2nd unit in the playoffs.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#514 » by youngcrev » Fri Mar 1, 2019 11:02 pm

Pau bought out and goes to the Bucks. The rich get richer
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,056

Post#515 » by sixers hoops » Fri Mar 1, 2019 11:07 pm

youngcrev wrote:Pau bought out and goes to the Bucks. The rich get richer

Wonder how much he’ll play. His stats look like he’s done.
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,562

Post#516 » by FireMorey » Fri Mar 1, 2019 11:14 pm

It's going to take a lot more than Gasol to give them a chance vs the Sixers in a series. They need their star player to start shooting more than 8.4% outside of 5 feet for starters....
ivysixer2000
General Manager
And1: 2,009

Post#517 » by ivysixer2000 » Sat Mar 2, 2019 1:52 am

sixers hoops wrote:

Wonder how much he’ll play. His stats look like he’s done.

He might be done, but we do have to wonder why noone has even been rumored to come here with the poor status of our bench.

I really don't like it at all, but it is what it is.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#518 » by LloydFree » Sat Mar 2, 2019 2:01 am

Paul Gasol doesn't make anybody richer. He isn't any good anymore. He can't even get on the court for the Spurs. Makes me believe that the Bucks are concerned about the health of Mirotic or some other players in their frontcourt.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#519 » by youngcrev » Sat Mar 2, 2019 2:20 am

LloydFree wrote:

Paul Gasol doesn't make anybody richer. He isn't any good anymore. He can't even get on the court for the Spurs. Makes me believe that the Bucks are concerned about the health of Mirotic or some other players in their frontcourt.

I haven't seen enough of him recently to say. Seems like he'd be able to do some of the stuff Bro Lo does for them. Did the Bucks even have a 2nd center on their roster prior to this?
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#520 » by LloydFree » Sat Mar 2, 2019 2:36 am

youngcrev wrote:
LloydFree wrote:

I haven't seen enough of him recently to say. Seems like he'd be able to do some of the stuff Bro Lo does for them. Did the Bucks even have a 2nd center on their roster prior to this?

He probably does give them a lot of the same things that Brook Lopez does. So the 12 minutes per game he's able to play, he can probably approximate Lopez for them. IMO, they are doubling down on too many of the same player. That works pretty well in the regular season, but I could see them getting exposed the same way the 76ers did last year.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers