Markelle Fultz VIII: The Aftermath

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Ben Simmons
Starter
And1: 1,077

Re: Markelle Fultz VIII: The Aftermath 

Post#81 » by Ben Simmons » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:57 am

shlo wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:Ben needs to be surrounded by elite shooters, and Fultz never was that, he got hot in college with his 3pt% but distance is shorter and he had low FT% and his catch and shoot mechanics were iffy. On a team where we already have Embiid who is a below average 3pt shooter, it was never going to work.

As much as I'm frustrated that Fultz was obviously never going to be a good fit with Simmons, it's also frustrating that the Sixers have to be so careful with whom they surround Simmons because if his obvious shortcomings as a shooter.

Boston won the NBA Championship (and reached Game 7 of NBA Finals another year) with Rondo and shooters, same deal with Simmons and shooters :nod:
now that we don't have to accommodate Fultz and have brought Butler/Harris, we are able to outscore everybody....
so if we lose we'll blame our defense, not our offense.
Aussiepiston1
Bench Warmer
And1: 278

Post#82 » by Aussiepiston1 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:10 am

not sure if anyone has mentioned it but the way I look at it to help me be at ease with the situation, the Sacramento pick is a wash with the OKC pick Our pick is a wash with the Cavs 2nd rd pick so it's like We gave up the Miami pick, landry Shamet, Mike Muscala, Wilson Chandler and the number 3 pick in the draft for Tobias Harris, Boban, Mike Scott and Jonathan Simmons hahahaha
The way Harris is playing and his fit on our team I'd say it's worth it.
I wish Fultz all the best just like Billups turned his career around but obviously not at the expense of beating our Team.
Ben Simmons
Starter
And1: 1,077

Post#83 » by Ben Simmons » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:24 am

Aussiepiston1 wrote:not sure if anyone has mentioned it but the way I look at it to help me be at ease with the situation, the Sacramento pick is a wash with the OKC pick Our pick is a wash with the Cavs 2nd rd pick so it's like We gave up the Miami pick, landry Shamet, Mike Muscala, Wilson Chandler and the number 3 pick in the draft for Tobias Harris, Boban, Mike Scott and Jonathan Simmons hahahaha
I wish Fultz all the best just like Billups turned his career around but obviously not at the expense of beating our Team.

also Boban is the perfect back-up center :nod:
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#84 » by Ericb5 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:43 am

Aussiepiston1 wrote:not sure if anyone has mentioned it but the way I look at it to help me be at ease with the situation, the Sacramento pick is a wash with the OKC pick Our pick is a wash with the Cavs 2nd rd pick so it's like We gave up the Miami pick, landry Shamet, Mike Muscala, Wilson Chandler and the number 3 pick in the draft for Tobias Harris, Boban, Mike Scott and Jonathan Simmons hahahaha

I think that the way to think about it is simply that you win some and you lose some.

You make moves, with the intention of them working, and some of them down work out.

Fultz, Okafor, and Noel didn’t work out, but Embiid, Simmons, Saric, Covington, and Shamet did.

Shamet was a good pick, and TLC was a bad one. First round picks, especially non lottery picks, are really a crap shoot.

We simply move on from Fultz, but we have a team that is built to contend for many years anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aussiepiston1
Bench Warmer
And1: 278

Post#85 » by Aussiepiston1 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:54 am

Ericb5 wrote:

I think that the way to think about it is simply that you win some and you lose some.

You make moves, with the intention of them working, and some of them down work out.

Fultz, Okafor, and Noel didn’t work out, but Embiid, Simmons, Saric, Covington, and Shamet did.

Shamet was a good pick, and TLC was a bad one. First round picks, especially non lottery picks, are really a crap shoot.

We simply move on from Fultz, but we have a team that is built to contend for many years anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah for sure :D It happens to most of the teams in the NBA
Zaire might turn out to be a steal and We got him and the Miami pick for MCW
If you would've told me a few years ago Jrue/Turner/Iggy/Thad/Hawes would turn into Simmons/JJ/Butler/Harris/Embiid I wouldn't have believed ya hahahaha
magicmouse
Sophomore
And1: 71

Post#86 » by magicmouse » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:36 pm

Very excited to see this team playing. Men! So exciting. Rooting for ya all.Tobias and JJ played with the Magic and it is interesting to know that We traded JJ to the Bucks for Tobias when he was basically out of the rotation with the Bucks. He was unleashed in Orlando. Glad he is back in the East and playing for you guys. I think you guys can make it all the way in the east.
I cant stand Ainge. It will be great to see how you guys do againts Toronto. Clearly the best 2 team in the East. The Bucks are good but we just beat them in their homecourt by 20. The Freak was not playing but one guy will not beat your core for sure. Lets do this! Wish you all the best!
magicmouse
Sophomore

Post#87 » by magicmouse » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:48 pm

Heidi4Ben wrote:

Nah. I think you guys need to go after kanter once he is bought out from his contract. He is exactly what you need from the bench. Very physical guy who will keep Gasol and Ibaka checked.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,720

Post#88 » by the_process » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:02 pm

magicmouse wrote:
Heidi4Ben wrote:

Nah. I think you guys need to go after kanter once he is bought out from his contract. He is exactly what you need from the bench. Very physical guy who will keep Gasol and Ibaka checked.

Gross. Kanter hasn't played defense in his life. He's a losing player.
shlo
Junior
And1: 247

Post#89 » by shlo » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:53 pm

the_process wrote:
magicmouse wrote:
Heidi4Ben wrote:also Boban is the perfect back-up center :nod:

Terrible defender, sure. But he does score and hit the boards and if Embiid needs to sit for a few games at some point and time, the Sixers don't have the bodies to fill up those minutes at center.
gdog2004
Starter
And1: 706

Post#90 » by gdog2004 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:06 pm

Heidi4Ben wrote:

I have to say Boban is better than expected. He is very skilled. I expected him to be more just like Gheorge Muresan or something but he is actually good. Great touch around the rim and him just being in the way deters guys from making shots around the rim.
gdog2004
Starter

Post#91 » by gdog2004 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:08 pm

the_process wrote:
magicmouse wrote:
Heidi4Ben wrote:also Boban is the perfect back-up center :nod:

Kanter may not play defense on the crappy Knicks but who knows if he would here. He CAN score and he CAN board for sure.
phiphan
Head Coach
And1: 2,331

Post#92 » by phiphan » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:52 pm

Read on Twitter
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#93 » by Sixerscan » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:10 pm

gdog2004 wrote:
the_process wrote:
magicmouse wrote:Nah. I think you guys need to go after kanter once he is bought out from his contract. He is exactly what you need from the bench. Very physical guy who will keep Gasol and Ibaka checked.

Kanter may not play defense on the crappy Knicks but who knows if he would here. He CAN score and he CAN board for sure.

He didn't play defense on the Thunder. He doesn't play defense.

I don't see any contending team picking him up. Maybe some fringe playoff team like Charlotte.
magicmouse
Sophomore

Post#94 » by magicmouse » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:40 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
gdog2004 wrote:
the_process wrote:

I don't see any contending team picking him up. Maybe some fringe playoff team like Charlotte.

Or the Magic :)
gdog2004
Starter

Post#95 » by gdog2004 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:50 pm

magicmouse wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:
gdog2004 wrote:Kanter may not play defense on the crappy Knicks but who knows if he would here. He CAN score and he CAN board for sure.

Or the Magic :)

Good luck with Markelle. Hopefully he decides to play in the next few years.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,825

Post#96 » by XtremeDunkz » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:51 pm

The Magic board thread on Fultz is already at 26 pages. I look forward to following the ups and downs.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,599

Post#97 » by FireMorey » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:54 pm

He's gone, I'm glad the nightmare is over. That's really all I care about. Waiting for the dude to shoot a jumper was causing me real literal anxiety.
gdog2004
Starter

Post#98 » by gdog2004 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:30 pm

XtremeDunkz wrote:The Magic board thread on Fultz is already at 26 pages. I look forward to following the ups and downs.

Ha...its funny, they think that its just "dumb philly" fans that think he doesn't have any physical injury.
You can bet there is no way Brand would have traded him if he was just injured. Lot more to it than that.
mksp
Analyst
And1: 2,485

Post#99 » by mksp » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:48 pm

gdog2004 wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:The Magic board thread on Fultz is already at 26 pages. I look forward to following the ups and downs.

Ha...its funny, they think that its just "dumb philly" fans that think he doesn't have any physical injury.
You can bet there is no way Brand would have traded him if he was just injured. Lot more to it than that.

It's really crazy, they're acting like we haven't been following this saga from day one with intense interest, or that the fans in Philly or the organization have been unfair to him.

Considering how this turned out, I think Philly handled it about as best as it could, both as an organization and fanbase.

But reputation, blah blah blah.

The Magic are hopeless, so this is what happens - you get excited about the Markelle Fultz' of the world.
magicmouse
Sophomore

Post#100 » by magicmouse » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:47 am

mksp wrote:
gdog2004 wrote:

It's really crazy, they're acting like we haven't been following this saga from day one with intense interest, or that the fans in Philly or the organization have been unfair to him.

Considering how this turned out, I think Philly handled it about as best as it could, both as an organization and fanbase.

But reputation, blah blah blah.

The Magic are hopeless, so this is what happens - you get excited about the Markelle Fultz' of the world.

No. Thats not true at all. We never blame the fans nor the organization. I think ther is a miixture of Fultz been a preMadonna and the fact that the medical group at phyladelphia didnt really provided him with the adequate and necessary treatment(whether is physical or mental).
The players, the fan and even the organization was behind him 100%.
He just needed a change scenario. We dont expect much of him but if he plays just like he played this year is certainly an upgrade at PG for us. We dont need him to shoot. We just need at distributor. Heck, even when he was “injured” but playing, he was still better than Lonzo.
We are not expecting much but the reward can be great. If that ever happens.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers