Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,059

Re: Who could replace Brett Brown? 

Post#181 » by sixers hoops » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:57 pm

rzzzzz wrote:
76ciology wrote:I'm seeing a team that have another gear in crunch time. Biid and Butler have that switch you can turn on in crunch time.

I give credit to Brett putting the ball more in Jimmy's hands to initiate, especially in crunch time.

He’s made a huge change with that.

Also, I feel like I’m seeing less lazy 3s early in the shot clock when we are losing.

I don’t like some of his rotations, but we lack depth so the options are limited.

Our defense still is pretty bad despite having a lot of excellent individual defenders. And we are still routinely getting murdered on switches.
Sixercise
Sixth Man
And1: 470

Post#182 » by Sixercise » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:18 pm

sixers hoops wrote: Our defense still is pretty bad despite having a lot of excellent individual defenders. And we are still routinely getting murdered on switches.

I really miss Lloyd Pierce....no disrespect to Monty Williams, but Pierce is a really good defensive strategist.
rilamann wrote:Leave Simmons alone, your back would be sore too if you didn't have a spine.
brannigan73
Rookie
And1: 612

Post#183 » by brannigan73 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:28 pm

They aren't going to fire him any sooner then after next years play-offs barring a total humiliation by Toronto in the second round or a first round loss. You know what if they got beat in the first round Brett would get fired but I dont see that happening. They'll win the first series in four or five and lose to Toronto in six or seven and he'll be given one more more year.
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#184 » by TTP » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:28 pm

sixers hoops wrote:
rzzzzz wrote:
76ciology wrote:I'm seeing a team that have another gear in crunch time. Biid and Butler have that switch you can turn on in crunch time.

I give credit to Brett putting the ball more in Jimmy's hands to initiate, especially in crunch time.

Also, I feel like I’m seeing less lazy 3s early in the shot clock when we are losing.

I don’t like some of his rotations, but we lack depth so the options are limited.

Our defense still is pretty bad despite having a lot of excellent individual defenders. And we are still routinely getting murdered on switches.

When you're down big, you should be increasing the amount of 3s you take early in the shot clock. I'd be more upset to see early 3s when we're winning.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,528

Post#185 » by 76ciology » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:37 pm

TTP wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:
rzzzzz wrote:

When you're down big, you should be increasing the amount of 3s you take early in the shot clock. I'd be more upset to see early 3s when we're winning.

Early 3s are also one of our best shots when we didnt have much talent on the team and is pretty much relying mostly on Biid at post, JJ off screen and Roco/Dario taking unchallenged 3s (mostly because they’re ill advised ones)

Right now, we have a lot more options such as the lobs, Jimmy/Biid PnR or Ben/JJ DHO. We haven’t even found effective actions involving tobias.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,059

Post#186 » by sixers hoops » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:54 pm

TTP wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:
rzzzzz wrote:

But it’s rarely down big. It’s when we are down 6 or 8. Almost everytime we increase the other team’s lead. Not having your feet set, no rebounders in position, and lack of space to get the shot off with your usual form isn’t a good shot. It's a gift to the other team.
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#187 » by XDevilBoiX » Sat May 11, 2019 9:19 pm

An Eastern Conference finals berth might not be the only thing on the line when the Philadelphia 76ers take on the Toronto Raptors in Game 7 on Sunday.

Rumblings in league coaching circles indicate that Sixers head coach Brett Brown "needs an NBA Finals berth to keep his job" and "has little chance of surviving a second-round exit," Marc Stein of The New York Times reports.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,862

Post#188 » by Stanford » Sat May 11, 2019 9:44 pm

So dumb
James40
Veteran
And1: 1,048

Post#189 » by James40 » Sun May 12, 2019 5:05 pm

If this was a few years ago, I think a lot of us would have been intrigued by Jay Wright, it would have been Embiids first season playing, not now though.

College coaches, like Larry Brown, and Stevens IMHO will always have a hard time getting superstars buy into their system or style of basketball.

It’s why Brown won with a less talented Detroit team, and why until this year, Stevens was thought of as being a very good coach. Boston had too many superstars ( so they thought anyway) this year.

Coach K is completely different, he’s had superstars on Duke forever, Stevens and Wright preach a team game, that’s not something that usually works out in an ISO league driven by superstars in the NBA.

Unless the Sixers feel someone else is out there that’s clearly better than Brown?? Then why fire him at all.

Btw, I’ve seen all the names like everyone else has, and like everyone else, non of those names are all that impressive.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers