ImageImageImage

Playoffs - jockeying for position

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,559

Re: Playoffs - jockeying for position 

Post#261 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 9, 2019 5:13 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:Yeah, Simmons has insane durability and conditioning thanks to his amazing genetics.

Wouldnt be surprised if you say he’s immortal
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,009

Post#262 » by Bum Adebayo » Tue Apr 9, 2019 5:32 pm

76ciology wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:Yeah, Simmons has insane durability and conditioning thanks to his amazing genetics.

Wouldnt be surprised if you say he’s immortal

I'm serious, you see his body and it is easy to see why he is so durable, did he have the same issues Embiid had with conditioning when he was recovering from his injury before rookie year? he was in good shape even when recovering from injury.
Great takes since 2024-04-20
hookshot199
Analyst
And1: 723

Post#263 » by hookshot199 » Tue Apr 9, 2019 6:15 pm

kuclas wrote:Meaningless game tonight. Reddick and embiid out.

I guess nba rules don’t allow u to rest all ur starters if healthy.

I think Simmons and Harris need days off as well.

This will be an interesting test to see if the team can turn it off and turn it on.
Redick can probably come off the street and play without warming up. Embiid
has missed 13 out of 23 games, probably 14 out of 24 if they sit him against
Chicago. He was huffing and puffing against Milwaukee. I didn't see Saturday's
Chicago game.

Look for the Nets to go all in against the Magic on Wednesday. If they lose
and Orlando beats Miami, Orlando plays us. All other outcomes we play the
Nets. Neither team will want to play Toronto in the first round.

Since the all-star game, Orlando is playing at a .600 clip. The Nets: .500.

I wouldn't be shocked if either steals a game especially if we exceed our
turnover average. Embiid should be able to have his way with the Nets. He'll
get pushback (no pun intended) from Vucevic.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,848

Post#264 » by AirP. » Tue Apr 9, 2019 6:59 pm

Read on Twitter
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,843

Post#265 » by XtremeDunkz » Tue Apr 9, 2019 8:29 pm

76ciology wrote:Have you read the Spike Eskin piece? Like how he’s saying we could have cost ourselves a chance to the finals with the Tobias and Jimmy trades. It’s outrageous.

He has close ties with Dario and Roco. That is interfering with his logical reasoning

Hes' gone off the deep end lately. I used to like listening to his pod but he's clearly jaded toward the process and asset accumulation too much.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#266 » by kuclas » Tue Apr 9, 2019 8:34 pm

Well. If sixers play Saturday in playoffs. To get embiid conditioning up to par. He should play at least 18-20 min Wednesday. We knew he wasn’t gonna to play back to back nights even when he came back for the Indiana game.

This team just won’t have much playing time together as a whole unit.

We take out the nets or magic in 5 games most likely. But if they are rusty playing together. Nets or magic could steal a game games 1 or 2 and extend the series.

But with fully healthy starting squats. Equal rest for teams. Sixers should win first round in 5 games.
ShirleyTemple
Sophomore
And1: 84

Post#267 » by ShirleyTemple » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:41 pm

Read on Twitter
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#268 » by kuclas » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:44 pm

According to rotoworld. Looks like entire sixers starting lineup is out for tonight bulls game. Simmons has dental procedure. Harris is rest. Butler, embiid, Reddick all listed as out for various injuries.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,843

Post#269 » by XtremeDunkz » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:21 pm

kuclas wrote:According to rotoworld. Looks like entire sixers starting lineup is out for tonight bulls game. Simmons has dental procedure. Harris is rest. Butler, embiid, Reddick all listed as out for various injuries.

yup didnt watch a second of last night, wont watch a second of tonight.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,473

Post#270 » by youngcrev » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:28 pm

XtremeDunkz wrote:
kuclas wrote:According to rotoworld. Looks like entire sixers starting lineup is out for tonight bulls game. Simmons has dental procedure. Harris is rest. Butler, embiid, Reddick all listed as out for various injuries.

yup didnt watch a second of last night, wont watch a second of tonight.

Same. I'm resting for the playoffs like the team. Gotta get that sleep in while I can.
walker9
Junior
And1: 429

Post#271 » by walker9 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:54 am

Looks like it will be the Nets for sure. They are blowing out the Heat right now.
Kova
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#272 » by Kova » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:59 pm

PhillyPhilly wrote:
Kova wrote:The race for 6th seed is wide open. 4 teams fighting for 3 playoff spots.
I think we are lock for 3rd seed. We can't lose more than Indy/Celtics lose until the rest of the regular season. I mean, we can, but lets say we won't.

Anyway, the 6th seed.
6. Brooklyn (38-37) - Games: @PHI, BOS, MIL, TOR, @MIL, @IND, MIA (no 1. hardest schedule in NBA)
7. Detroit (37-37) - Games: ORL, POR, @IND, IND, @OKC, CHA, MEM, @NYK (16th hardest schedule)
8. Orlando (37-38) - Games: @DET, @IND, @TOR, NYK, ATL, @BOS, @CHA (17th hardest schedule)
9. Miami (36-38) - Games: DAL, @NYK, @BOS, BOS, @MIN, @TOR, PHI, @BKN (15th hardest schedule)

I would prefer Heat or Pistons in the 1st round. Definitely don't want to play Nets. They could cause us trouble. We are not matched up well against them. Russel and Dinwiddie kill us all the time.

But their schedule is really hard, I don't think they hold on to 6th. Next game is us vs them, and I'd say it's a must win for us! We don't want to lose 3rd straight and jeopardize our seed, while dropping Nets at the same time.

Between the rest of them, subjectively I think Pistons have the easiest schedule, and most games at home (5).

I think it ends up like this:
6. Detroit
7. Brooklyn
8. Miami
9. Magic

If things start going bad for Nets, they may even slide to 8th. I don't think they lose a playoff spot though.

http://www.tankathon.com/remaining_schedule_strength

I've already explained that that is a MYTH, but still folks keep pushing that garbage notion? :lol: :lol:

1. First game we played them on the road on a BACK TO BACK and Fultz was starting In place of Redick. Embiid also had a bad game (sixteen points) and we had no Butler at this point.

2. Second game we played them ON THE ROAD on a BACK TO BACK again, This time we had Butler though and we won the game In the last second.

3. Third game at Fargo we played them on two days rest compared to their FOUR, and we had no Butler whilst our bench was made up of Johnson, TJ, Shamet and Milton, the latter only playing five minutes. And we only lost by three points.

Now anything can happen and If they blow us out tomorrow then we should be a little concerned. But the suggestion that we should somehow "fear them" and "they have our number" is laughable imo.

Didn't want to reply to this at first, but it's exactly what I had a feeling about. So sorry I have to tell you - I told you so. In the regular season they overplayed us in 3 out of 4 games. That is NOT a fluke bro.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers