ImageImageImage

Sixers vs Nets round 1 discussion

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,739

Re: Sixers vs Nets round 1 discussion 

Post#281 » by phillynative » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:14 am

76ciology wrote:What is this wizardry of RHJ drawing fouls like on 75% of his drives?

He charged down the lane , without any skill , threw his body in to the defender and got the call because he was likely quicker , smaller than that defender. It was bull
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#282 » by Tomjas » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:21 am

Watching a replay of the game & it’s men vs boys in terms of body size

Add some vets/physical development/experience & Nets future is bright
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,194

Post#283 » by ProcessDoctor » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:44 pm

After watching these last 2 games, I think we are one offseason and one more good role player away from being the best team in the league.

1. Embiid
2. Simmons
3. Butler
4. Harris
5. ??
6. Redick
7. Boban/Bolden (matchup)
8. Scott
9. Smith

I only see Milwaukee and Golden State rivaling that 9-man lineup.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,059

Post#284 » by sixers hoops » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:13 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:After watching these last 2 games, I think we are one offseason and one more good role player away from being the best team in the league.

1. Embiid
2. Simmons
3. Butler
4. Harris
5. ??
6. Redick
8. Scott
9. Smith

Obviously “??” has to be a tremendous shooter.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,825

Post#285 » by XtremeDunkz » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:48 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:After watching these last 2 games, I think we are one offseason and one more good role player away from being the best team in the league.

1. Embiid
2. Simmons
3. Butler
4. Harris
5. ??
6. Redick
8. Scott
9. Smith

For the team you gotta hope Smith moves up that list next year. Assuming JJ takes MLE (but i could see him signing with Brooklyn) I would like to bring Boban back but he can probably get more money elsewhere. Gonna have to find a ring chaser or two that can contribute and hope to hit on our 1st like we did this year.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM

Post#286 » by ProcessDoctor » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:52 pm

sixers hoops wrote:

1. Embiid
2. Simmons
3. Butler
4. Harris
5. ??
6. Redick
8. Scott
9. Smith

Danny Green or Pat Beverley?

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
ProcessDoctor
RealGM

Post#287 » by ProcessDoctor » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:56 pm

XtremeDunkz wrote:

1. Embiid
2. Simmons
3. Butler
4. Harris
5. ??
6. Redick
8. Scott
9. Smith

For the team you gotta hope Smith moves up that list next year. Assuming JJ takes MLE (but i could see him signing with Brooklyn) I would like to bring Boban back but he can probably get more money elsewhere. Gonna have to find a ring chaser or two that can contribute and hope to hit on our 1st like we did this year.

You could just re-sign Redick (along with Butler, Harris, Boban, and Scott) using bird rights and save the full MLE for ?? guy.

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,059

Post#288 » by sixers hoops » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:22 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:

1. Embiid
2. Simmons
3. Butler
4. Harris
5. ??
6. Redick
8. Scott
9. Smith

Danny Green or Pat Beverley?

Both good options. Pat Beverly is a beast.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#289 » by kuclas » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:27 pm

XtremeDunkz wrote:

1. Embiid
2. Simmons
3. Butler
4. Harris
5. ??
6. Redick
8. Scott
9. Smith

JJ Reddick family lives in Brooklyn now I believe. That’s one of the reasons Reddick is even in philly (besides the inflated 23 million dollar 2017-2018 contract). He’s less than 2 hours from “home”
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,472

Post#290 » by youngcrev » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:58 pm

XtremeDunkz wrote:

1. Embiid
2. Simmons
3. Butler
4. Harris
5. ??
6. Redick
8. Scott
9. Smith

Yeah, it's hard to know what to expect from Zhaire. I assume he'd be able to fill out a similar role to Ennis pretty quickly. Shoot open 3s, attack the offensive glass (certainly enough college highlights of him doing that), play D and run in transition. If he pans out I think he's potentially a perfect 5th starter for the team.

If the team is planning to act as an over the cap team, they can bring back JJ (and others) without having to use the MLE on him, so you can go out and grab a contributor that way. I'm kinda torn on whether I'd want a competent backup 5 (love Bobi, but he's not playable in certain matchups), a playmaking guard, or a 3 and D wing. Maybe you just take the best player you can get with the MLE regardless of position and fill in from there.
kingofthecourt67
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,549

Post#291 » by kingofthecourt67 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:58 pm

Sean Marks suspended for entering the refs locker room after Game 4. They were getting a ton of touch fouls against us (as has been the case the whole series), shot more free throws (21-31), and got one of our best players ejected. Never seen a team cry more for no reason than these guys.
reignfire
Sixth Man
And1: 864

Post#292 » by reignfire » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:11 pm

1. Embiid
2. Simmons
3. Butler
4. Harris
5. ??
6. Redick
8. Scott
9. Smith

Would you still feel this way if Toronto takes the Sixers out in 5 or 6 games?

I predicted the Sixers were gonna win in 5 vs the Nets off of Embiid's greatness, which is coming true.

But it takes way more than talent to win later on. Embiid is going to have a good series, but the Raptors are winning in 5 or 6.

The Sixers had 20 TOs last game and wasted many possessions. Good teams will not let that go unpunished. The Sixers are a very sloppy basketball team.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM

Post#293 » by ProcessDoctor » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:29 pm

reignfire wrote:

1. Embiid
2. Simmons
3. Butler
4. Harris
5. ??
6. Redick
8. Scott
9. Smith

I predicted the Sixers were gonna win in 5 vs the Nets off of Embiid's greatness, which is coming true.

But it takes way more than talent to win later on. Embiid is going to have a good series, but the Raptors are winning in 5 or 6.

The Sixers had 20 TOs last game and wasted many possessions. Good teams will not let that go unpunished. The Sixers are a very sloppy basketball team.

Unless we get absolutely humiliated, then I think I would for a few reasons:

1) Chemistry. The starting unit has only played 13 games together and has a 10-3 record. The TO's will go down once they become more familiar with one another. I also believe the defense can get back to where it was last season once guys know how to communicate with each other and understand where they're supposed to be.

2) Bench. Although we made some late additions with Ennis, Scott, and Boban I think our bench is still worse than what we had last year. It's definitely the worst bench among the top 4 teams in the East. If we bring in someone like Green/Beverley then our bench with Redick leading the way would become that much better. In the playoffs it comes down to your top 8-9, but each of those top 8-9 has to contribute in some way. Right now we have 7, and sometimes 6 (if Boban is a bad matchup).

3) There are no better alternatives. Butler is a top 20 player and one of the best two-way players and closers in the game. On paper, Harris is probably the best 4th star we could hope to fit around our big 3. JJ, while being a huge negative on the defensive end, is the best floor spacer available for the price he'll demand. I don't see the appeal of renouncing these guys in hopes of prying DLO or Brodgon away from their respective teams. If Kawhi or KD said they were coming? Sure, but there's a very low chance of that happening.

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 522

Post#294 » by PhillyPhilly » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:30 pm

reignfire wrote:

1. Embiid
2. Simmons
3. Butler
4. Harris
5. ??
6. Redick
8. Scott
9. Smith

The starting five have played thirteen games together and have ten wins. So yes, I'd bring them back and expect better coaching and an offseason together would see them improve even more.

As for JJ replacements.

Kcp
Ross
Bullock
Lamb
Ellington
Mathews
Evans

Are all free agents this summer so who would fit best yall? We need someone who can score and defend. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Zhaire make a big impact next season as he looked so impressive on both ends In the games he played and he's still only 19.
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,776

Post#295 » by Skates » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:53 pm

The Nets as victims narrative in this series has gotten completely absurd. Jarrett Allen was fouled near the end of the game? No more so than a dozen times Embiid had the ball in the lane in the second half and was hacked to death with a minimal number of fouls called on what should have been ‘and one’ baskets.

The Jared Dudley in the starting lineup scam was nothing more than sending out a talentless hockey goon to stir up trouble against a more talented team and hope he did exactly what he did, get someone worthy ejected along with his useless self. His antics and flopping all series long has been a pathetic joke and the Nets are acting like the sorest losers and most enormous crybabies I have ever seen, but of course the New York media is eating it up and propagating it. I kind of liked this team before, appreciated the adversity they overcame from the BK years and the risks they took on guys like LeVert and Dinwiddie. Not any longer, they skipped the part about maturing through adversity and are playing as fake tough guys who whine to the press at every turn.

They are also ignoring that Simmons has taken Russell pretty much completely out of mattering for long chunks of the last three games. It is sad that the Nets and the NY press are promoting this excuse and being bullied circus because it is detracting from some really incredible play by LeVert and Jarett Allen working hard and balling despite being outsized and having no other bigs to help him. They are starting to act as entitled as the Knicks usually do, a sad thing given how hard they worked to build the team up.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,527

Post#296 » by 76ciology » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:03 am

Do u guys see us winning this round without the Jimmy and Tobias deal? I dont.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#297 » by Sixerscan » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:23 am

Skates wrote:The Nets as victims narrative in this series has gotten completely absurd. Jarrett Allen was fouled near the end of the game? No more so than a dozen times Embiid had the ball in the lane in the second half and was hacked to death with a minimal number of fouls called on what should have been ‘and one’ baskets.

The Jared Dudley in the starting lineup scam was nothing more than sending out a talentless hockey goon to stir up trouble against a more talented team and hope he did exactly what he did, get someone worthy ejected along with his useless self. His antics and flopping all series long has been a pathetic joke and the Nets are acting like the sorest losers and most enormous crybabies I have ever seen, but of course the New York media is eating it up and propagating it. I kind of liked this team before, appreciated the adversity they overcame from the BK years and the risks they took on guys like LeVert and Dinwiddie. Not any longer, they skipped the part about maturing through adversity and are playing as fake tough guys who whine to the press at every turn.

They are also ignoring that Simmons has taken Russell pretty much completely out of mattering for long chunks of the last three games. It is sad that the Nets and the NY press are promoting this excuse and being bullied circus because it is detracting from some really incredible play by LeVert and Jarett Allen working hard and balling despite being outsized and having no other bigs to help him. They are starting to act as entitled as the Knicks usually do, a sad thing given how hard they worked to build the team up.

It's all very strange. They're hardly the only team getting outplayed in a playoff series, and I don't see any of the other teams going this route. It's pretty unprofessional. Hopefully the Sixers can close out Tuesday without issue, they have bigger things to worry about than whatever is going on up there.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager

Post#298 » by XtremeDunkz » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:48 am

76ciology wrote:Do u guys see us winning this round without the Jimmy and Tobias deal? I dont.

Hell no
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
kio80
Sixth Man
And1: 1,076

Post#299 » by kio80 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:51 am

76ciology wrote:Do u guys see us winning this round without the Jimmy and Tobias deal? I dont.

Yes without the jimmy trade.
Tobias trade was crucial, imagine if Roco and Dario is still around. Much better spacing and D. Having a closer is overrated, Ben will need to be put in the closer spot and learn from mistakes, having Jimmy here as the closer stunts his growth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
XtremeDunkz
General Manager

Post#300 » by XtremeDunkz » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:07 am

kio80 wrote:

Yes without the jimmy trade.
Tobias trade was crucial, imagine if Roco and Dario is still around. Much better spacing and D. Having a closer is overrated, Ben will need to be put in the closer spot and learn from mistakes, having Jimmy here as the closer stunts his growth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Covington missed the end of the year with a knee injury
10/27/16

Return to Philadelphia 76ers