ImageImageImage

Sixers vs Nets round 1 discussion

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,009

Re: Sixers vs Nets round 1 discussion 

Post#321 » by Bum Adebayo » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:56 am

LordCovington33 wrote:Nets fans are unbearable. Never seen a saltier bunch of idiots.

They are about league average from what I've seen. Worst fans would be Rockets and Raptors, followed maybe by Celtics and Sixers fans.
Great takes since 2024-04-20
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#322 » by Sixerscan » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:39 am

Bum Adebayo wrote:
LordCovington33 wrote:Nets fans are unbearable. Never seen a saltier bunch of idiots.

They are about league average from what I've seen. Worst fans would be Rockets and Raptors, followed maybe by Celtics and Sixers fans.

You give yourself too much credit.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,532

Post#323 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:11 am

Sorry but i dont like the latest Embiid saying “its over” with regards to the Nets series. That was reckless and should bring nothing but pressure.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#324 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:04 am

You can see here how ben hurts the spacing of the offense late game.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#325 » by Sixerscan » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:42 am

76ciology wrote:

Lol what is this? He highlights the 2 possessions the Sixers don't score down the stretch. They had 18 points in the last 5:04 of the game.
Jams60
Sophomore
And1: 64

Post#326 » by Jams60 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:07 am

Trap game tomorrow. I have a horrible feeling that we are going to need 6 to finish this.
According to everyone, commentators, players, fans the series is over. On a couple of occasions over the last two days I have had to re check the schedule, thinking that I had missed the game, because of the way in which the commentataors were speaking.
I guarantee that the Nets players and coaching staff don’t believe it’s over. Almost hoping Embiid doesn’t play because then the team will realise they can’t coast.
Ben Simmons
Starter
And1: 1,077

Post#327 » by Ben Simmons » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:59 am

Jams60 wrote:Trap game tomorrow. I have a horrible feeling that we are going to need 6 to finish this.
According to everyone, commentators, players, fans the series is over. On a couple of occasions over the last two days I have had to re check the schedule, thinking that I had missed the game, because of the way in which the commentataors were speaking.
I guarantee that the Nets players and coaching staff don’t believe it’s over. Almost hoping Embiid doesn’t play because then the team will realise they can’t coast.

The Nets players have every reason to believe its over, 3-1 is a huge deficit.
Anyway, I doubt we'll play complacently, given the animosity in this series :starwars
MR28
Starter
And1: 1,553

Post#328 » by MR28 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:45 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
76ciology wrote:

Lol what is this? He highlights the 2 possessions the Sixers don't score down the stretch. They had 18 points in the last 5:04 of the game.

I believe the technical term is “Cherry-picking”.
Tony Franciosa
Sixth Man
And1: 950

Post#329 » by Tony Franciosa » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:14 pm

Expect this to be very similar to the closeout game against Miami last year. No doubt we win. Love Embiid's confidence. He's got to start imposing his will on the East.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#330 » by LloydFree » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:20 pm

Just heard a gambling trend:

Teams that are -8 favorites, who are attempting to close-out at home in game 5, after winning game 4 on the road, are 23-0 straight up.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
gdog2004
Starter
And1: 706

Post#331 » by gdog2004 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:31 pm

76ciology wrote:Sorry but i dont like the latest Embiid saying “its over” with regards to the Nets series. That was reckless and should bring nothing but pressure.

Last game was a great win, but lets be real, that game could have gone either way.
Embiid saying its over does nothing but fire up the Nets. I mean really, whats the point ?
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#332 » by kuclas » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:40 pm

If nets had a decent 250 pound defender who could at least slow embiid and boban. I would give them a chance.

But Jarrett Allen is maybe 220 pounds tops and 6 foot 9. Ed Davis May play. But he’s got bum ankles.

That’s the nets problem.

I guess if they get hot from 3 and sixers play dumb. They could win tonight.

But close out games especially at home for sixers make it very difficult for nets to win.

Sixers didn’t have butler for almost half a game and still won. They didn’t have embiid for entire game and still won. On the road both games.

I suspect game will be chilly with techs being called. Embiid just needs to becareful. He’s 2 flagrant calls from automatic suspension. And that could cost the sixers big time in the near future in the playoffs.
Ben Simmons
Starter
And1: 1,077

Post#333 » by Ben Simmons » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:42 pm

gdog2004 wrote:
76ciology wrote:Sorry but i dont like the latest Embiid saying “its over” with regards to the Nets series. That was reckless and should bring nothing but pressure.

Last game was a great win, but lets be real, that game could have gone either way.
Embiid saying its over does nothing but fire up the Nets. I mean really, whats the point ?

Embiid would have to have studied the psychology of each player on Brooklyn's roster....
Embiid's comment will spark anger in Brooklyn, and some of the players will not know how to control the anger and it will burn them up and cause them to play erratically.
Whereas other players will know exactly how to control the anger and use it as a force for good.
Embiid must have deduced that Brooklyn's most important players are prone to burning up when baited :curse:
Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,859

Post#334 » by Phila Tough » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:52 pm

Why is everyone so concerned about our players being nice? Nobody ever has anything nice to say about our city, fanbase or team, and this was before Embiid got here. This is why Embiid and Simmons to an extent are perfect athletes to represent this city and team. They're arrogant, confident, and don't give a fack what you think about them.
thenbaman
Sixth Man
And1: 537

Post#335 » by thenbaman » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:51 pm

The nets whole organization are a bunch of sore losers,front office
people acting like idiots,players acting like thugs,i mean what did
they expect in this series,they were lucky to get in with this **** team.
Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,859

Post#336 » by Phila Tough » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:04 pm

Nets are definitely not a **** team or whatever you said. They are a young team on the rise that quite frankly I am happy for. That situation Billy King left them in may have been worse than the Bynum situation for us. They are whining a lot though and almost feeling entitled against us this series.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#337 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:11 pm

kuclas wrote:If nets had a decent 250 pound defender who could at least slow embiid and boban. I would give them a chance.

But Jarrett Allen is maybe 220 pounds tops and 6 foot 9. Ed Davis May play. But he’s got bum ankles.

That’s the nets problem.

But close out games especially at home for sixers make it very difficult for nets to win.

Sixers didn’t have butler for almost half a game and still won. They didn’t have embiid for entire game and still won. On the road both games.

I suspect game will be chilly with techs being called. Embiid just needs to becareful. He’s 2 flagrant calls from automatic suspension. And that could cost the sixers big time in the near future in the playoffs.

We were down 14 prior to butler ejected.

We were about to lose the game by 6-8 pts if in the last 5 minutes of the game.

We would have lose the game if Mike Scott didnt bail us out.

It’s not like we were cake walking like Bucks are doing against the Pistons
76ciology
RealGM

Post#338 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:14 pm

thenbaman wrote:The nets whole organization are a bunch of sore losers,front office
people acting like idiots,players acting like thugs,i mean what did
they expect in this series,they were lucky to get in with this **** team.

Nope. They’re smart. Very smart. They’re pressuring the refs. NBA dont favor teams like them against a team like us.

Their coaching staff is also very smart. They have a gameplan for every player on our roster from attacking JJ, defending JJ, clogging the paint and punishing our back-up bigs.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#339 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:15 pm

LloydFree wrote:Just heard a gambling trend:

Teams that are -8 favorites, who are attempting to close-out at home in game 5, after winning game 4 on the road, are 23-0 straight up.

Luv u lloyd
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#340 » by kuclas » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:43 pm

76ciology wrote:
kuclas wrote:If nets had a decent 250 pound defender who could at least slow embiid and boban. I would give them a chance.

That’s the nets problem.

We were down 14 prior to butler ejected.

We were about to lose the game by 6-8 pts if in the last 5 minutes of the game.

We would have lose the game if Mike Scott didnt bail us out.

It’s not like we were cake walking like Bucks are doing against the Pistons

Say what? Nets never lead by 14. Most they lead was by 10.

And it was 67-61 when butler was ejected. Up to that point embiid barley played 10 min in first half and took 5 shots.

If we had jimmy. Who was having good game. Who knows. We could have made a run and gotten and increase the lead in the 3rd quarter. We will never know.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers