ImageImageImage

The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, CoreyGallagher, Sixerscan, Foshan

notericjr
Freshman
Posts: 79
And1: 73
Joined: Jun 05, 2018
   

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III 

Post#901 » by notericjr » Thu Aug 8, 2019 1:54 am

PhillyPhilly wrote:All anyone has to do is look up the brutal history of Australia when It pertains to race and how people of colour are still treated poorly even now and it's no surprise to see what happened to Ben..no surprise at all.


Where's the sympathy for the security guard then? Ben accused him for racial profiling when the guard is of Indian ethnicity. Weird how this is just a one way street with some people.

Just because you 'feel' doesn't mean reality should be warped into your world view. Ben is entitled to speak up, heck - in the heat of the moment he may have genuinely felt slighted as such. But you'd think upon reflection after taking a breather and looking at the situation rationally + looking at the evidence that he might you know....apologize, if not to the casino, then at least to the secco that asked for his ID. But instead he double downed :noway:

This doesn't mean we don't like or want Ben. He's my favorite basketball player ffs, but i realize he's young and has a lot of growing to do both on and off the court. For me personally, i couldn't care less what he does in Australia as long as he performs on the court for the Sixers but there's nothing wrong with discussing his public image which at the moment is on a bit of a see-saw in Australia. This whole ordeal + the alleged payments from the Vic Govt are all over the radio and news this morning in Australia. It's just constant negative PR right now and it sucks.

RE:Race in Australia
Australia might have it's problems but it's not some isolated example of racism in the world. Don't blanket all of us colored folk into one group and say we get treated poorly. Many of us do fine over here.
notericjr
Freshman
Posts: 79
And1: 73
Joined: Jun 05, 2018
   

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III 

Post#902 » by notericjr » Thu Aug 8, 2019 2:09 am

PhillyPhilly wrote:
septahex wrote:At least 20% of patrons in Aussie casinos are Chinese. Being carded is no big deal. Just show your licence and move on in. I’m the same age as Ben and every time I’ve gone to a casino, I’ve been carded. IMO, he’s bringing heightened US racial sensitivities to Aus which makes him look really bad in eyes of Aus public.


Racism is just as bad In Australia as it is In America...let's not pretend like Australia is some kind of mecca of racial harmony because that would be a damn lie and the aboriginal/black/muslim communities would very much agree with that.


lol you need to travel around the world if you think Australia and the US are beacons for 'bad' when it comes to racism when in actual fact these two countries are two of the most tolerant countries on the planet.

and re that second bit : i'm black so who gets to rep mine and are we all supposed to think the same?
PhillyPhilly
Pro Prospect
Posts: 934
And1: 337
Joined: Jul 01, 2018
       

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III 

Post#903 » by PhillyPhilly » Thu Aug 8, 2019 2:42 am

notericjr wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:All anyone has to do is look up the brutal history of Australia when It pertains to race and how people of colour are still treated poorly even now and it's no surprise to see what happened to Ben..no surprise at all.


Where's the sympathy for the security guard then? Ben accused him for racial profiling when the guard is of Indian ethnicity. Weird how this is just a one way street with some people.

Just because you 'feel' doesn't mean reality should be warped into your world view. Ben is entitled to speak up, heck - in the heat of the moment he may have genuinely felt slighted as such. But you'd think upon reflection after taking a breather and looking at the situation rationally + looking at the evidence that he might you know....apologize, if not to the casino, then at least to the secco that asked for his ID. But instead he double downed :noway:

This doesn't mean we don't like or want Ben. He's my favorite basketball player ffs, but i realize he's young and has a lot of growing to do both on and off the court. For me personally, i couldn't care less what he does in Australia as long as he performs on the court for the Sixers but there's nothing wrong with discussing his public image which at the moment is on a bit of a see-saw in Australia. This whole ordeal + the alleged payments from the Vic Govt are all over the radio and news this morning in Australia. It's just constant negative PR right now and it sucks.

RE:Race in Australia
Australia might have it's problems but it's not some isolated example of racism in the world. Don't blanket all of us colored folk into one group and say we get treated poorly. Many of us do fine over here.


So one of them may have been indian and?.....what difference does it make exactly? Black people face racism from all types of groups all over the world...so whether it's from a white or ethnic person it really makes no difference. Secondly you may feel like life In Aus is all good and rosey for YOU, but there's a hell of a lot of people who live a diiferent reality which is why a blm group was formed In Australia In an effort to combat racist practises In the country that filter from the government all the way down to ignorant people in society. The history of Aboriginal folks in that country is utterly horrific and will be a stain on that flag for eternity imo.
PhillyPhilly
Pro Prospect
Posts: 934
And1: 337
Joined: Jul 01, 2018
       

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III 

Post#904 » by PhillyPhilly » Thu Aug 8, 2019 2:49 am

notericjr wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:
septahex wrote:At least 20% of patrons in Aussie casinos are Chinese. Being carded is no big deal. Just show your licence and move on in. I’m the same age as Ben and every time I’ve gone to a casino, I’ve been carded. IMO, he’s bringing heightened US racial sensitivities to Aus which makes him look really bad in eyes of Aus public.


Racism is just as bad In Australia as it is In America...let's not pretend like Australia is some kind of mecca of racial harmony because that would be a damn lie and the aboriginal/black/muslim communities would very much agree with that.


lol you need to travel around the world if you think Australia and the US are beacons for 'bad' when it comes to racism when in actual fact these two countries are two of the most tolerant countries on the planet.

and re that second bit : i'm black so who gets to rep mine and are we all supposed to think the same?


Lol the fact that you use the word "tolerant" just sums up how lost you are. Black folks were forced in chains to America and for over 200 years built up America whilst being seen as less than human. The path African American's had to walk for justice saw millions of lives lost and millions have to endure hell throughout the life that they lived. Oh and don't forget how the native americans were slaughtered and had their land stolen too. Then we have Australia and the natives there had the same experience as the American natives and both groups still suffer today. And you want to talk about "tolerance"? smh.
Tomjas
Rookie
Posts: 1,245
And1: 801
Joined: Nov 04, 2017
 

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III 

Post#905 » by Tomjas » Thu Aug 8, 2019 3:26 am

notericjr wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:
septahex wrote:At least 20% of patrons in Aussie casinos are Chinese. Being carded is no big deal. Just show your licence and move on in. I’m the same age as Ben and every time I’ve gone to a casino, I’ve been carded. IMO, he’s bringing heightened US racial sensitivities to Aus which makes him look really bad in eyes of Aus public.


Racism is just as bad In Australia as it is In America...let's not pretend like Australia is some kind of mecca of racial harmony because that would be a damn lie and the aboriginal/black/muslim communities would very much agree with that.


lol you need to travel around the world if you think Australia and the US are beacons for 'bad' when it comes to racism when in actual fact these two countries are two of the most tolerant countries on the planet.

and re that second bit : i'm black so who gets to rep mine and are we all supposed to think the same?


I have lived all over the world and Australia wouldn’t make it out of the heats of the Discrimination Olympics
notericjr
Freshman
Posts: 79
And1: 73
Joined: Jun 05, 2018
   

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III 

Post#906 » by notericjr » Thu Aug 8, 2019 3:39 am

PhillyPhilly wrote:
notericjr wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:All anyone has to do is look up the brutal history of Australia when It pertains to race and how people of colour are still treated poorly even now and it's no surprise to see what happened to Ben..no surprise at all.


Where's the sympathy for the security guard then? Ben accused him for racial profiling when the guard is of Indian ethnicity. Weird how this is just a one way street with some people.

Just because you 'feel' doesn't mean reality should be warped into your world view. Ben is entitled to speak up, heck - in the heat of the moment he may have genuinely felt slighted as such. But you'd think upon reflection after taking a breather and looking at the situation rationally + looking at the evidence that he might you know....apologize, if not to the casino, then at least to the secco that asked for his ID. But instead he double downed :noway:

This doesn't mean we don't like or want Ben. He's my favorite basketball player ffs, but i realize he's young and has a lot of growing to do both on and off the court. For me personally, i couldn't care less what he does in Australia as long as he performs on the court for the Sixers but there's nothing wrong with discussing his public image which at the moment is on a bit of a see-saw in Australia. This whole ordeal + the alleged payments from the Vic Govt are all over the radio and news this morning in Australia. It's just constant negative PR right now and it sucks.

RE:Race in Australia
Australia might have it's problems but it's not some isolated example of racism in the world. Don't blanket all of us colored folk into one group and say we get treated poorly. Many of us do fine over here.


So one of them may have been indian and?.....what difference does it make exactly? Black people face racism from all types of groups all over the world...so whether it's from a white or ethnic person it really makes no difference. Secondly you may feel like life In Aus is all good and rosey for YOU, but there's a hell of a lot of people who live a diiferent reality which is why a blm group was formed In Australia In an effort to combat racist practises In the country that filter from the government all the way down to ignorant people in society. The history of Aboriginal folks in that country is utterly horrific and will be a stain on that flag for eternity imo.


so you're justifying accusing people for racism without evidence simply by virtue of being black lol. You claim to want to champion the fight against racism but you brush off any wrongful accusations as 'and??' like its a nothingburger.

my experiences are different - that's exactly right! i'm an individual and the minute i stopped pigeonholing myself into identity groups, was the exact minute my perception changed and my own life improved. would love to know what bens 'struggle' was like vs the security guard. a middle class, private school educated, generational athlete that refused to show his ID (and got let into the casino once he did show it) somehow gets to be the moral shot caller when it comes to race politics simply because his father is black meanwhile mr. security guard is just collateral damage at the end of the day hehe

ive heard this bullcrap from bleeding heart lefties championing this stuff all my life, acting like its coming from a place of compassion when in reality the bigotry of low expectations is rife. keep telling us that the world owes us something and that we're incapable of helping ourselves without them intervening, yuck.
PhillyPhilly
Pro Prospect
Posts: 934
And1: 337
Joined: Jul 01, 2018
       

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III 

Post#907 » by PhillyPhilly » Thu Aug 8, 2019 3:52 am

notericjr wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:
notericjr wrote:
Where's the sympathy for the security guard then? Ben accused him for racial profiling when the guard is of Indian ethnicity. Weird how this is just a one way street with some people.

Just because you 'feel' doesn't mean reality should be warped into your world view. Ben is entitled to speak up, heck - in the heat of the moment he may have genuinely felt slighted as such. But you'd think upon reflection after taking a breather and looking at the situation rationally + looking at the evidence that he might you know....apologize, if not to the casino, then at least to the secco that asked for his ID. But instead he double downed :noway:

This doesn't mean we don't like or want Ben. He's my favorite basketball player ffs, but i realize he's young and has a lot of growing to do both on and off the court. For me personally, i couldn't care less what he does in Australia as long as he performs on the court for the Sixers but there's nothing wrong with discussing his public image which at the moment is on a bit of a see-saw in Australia. This whole ordeal + the alleged payments from the Vic Govt are all over the radio and news this morning in Australia. It's just constant negative PR right now and it sucks.

RE:Race in Australia
Australia might have it's problems but it's not some isolated example of racism in the world. Don't blanket all of us colored folk into one group and say we get treated poorly. Many of us do fine over here.


So one of them may have been indian and?.....what difference does it make exactly? Black people face racism from all types of groups all over the world...so whether it's from a white or ethnic person it really makes no difference. Secondly you may feel like life In Aus is all good and rosey for YOU, but there's a hell of a lot of people who live a diiferent reality which is why a blm group was formed In Australia In an effort to combat racist practises In the country that filter from the government all the way down to ignorant people in society. The history of Aboriginal folks in that country is utterly horrific and will be a stain on that flag for eternity imo.


so you're justifying accusing people for racism without evidence simply by virtue of being black lol. You claim to want to champion the fight against racism but you brush off any wrongful accusations as 'and??' like its a nothingburger.

my experiences are different - that's exactly right! i'm an individual and the minute i stopped pigeonholing myself into identity groups, was the exact minute my perception changed and my own life improved. would love to know what bens 'struggle' was like vs the security guard. a middle class, private school educated, generational athlete that refused to show his ID (and got let into the casino once he did show it) somehow gets to be the moral shot caller when it comes to race politics simply because his father is black meanwhile mr. security guard is just collateral damage at the end of the day hehe

ive heard this bullcrap from bleeding heart lefties championing this stuff all my life, acting like its coming from a place of compassion when in reality the bigotry of low expectations is rife. keep telling us that the world owes us something and that we're incapable of helping ourselves without them intervening, yuck.


Lol and of course when race is being discussed feeble minds love to bring up "left and right" politics as if BOTH groups don't have racists within them SMH. And Ben merely told his story no matter how you want to dress it up as a "bad look"...why should his story be any less valid simply because he's rich and a star? Makes no sense. And furthermore I haven't "claimed" to want to champion anything...that's just your desperation speaking. All I'm doing is putting yhe facts on the table where race relations in the US and Aus are concerned...both places have a million miles to go If they wish to form a better union between all people.
notericjr
Freshman
Posts: 79
And1: 73
Joined: Jun 05, 2018
   

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III 

Post#908 » by notericjr » Thu Aug 8, 2019 3:56 am

PhillyPhilly wrote:
notericjr wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:
Racism is just as bad In Australia as it is In America...let's not pretend like Australia is some kind of mecca of racial harmony because that would be a damn lie and the aboriginal/black/muslim communities would very much agree with that.


lol you need to travel around the world if you think Australia and the US are beacons for 'bad' when it comes to racism when in actual fact these two countries are two of the most tolerant countries on the planet.

and re that second bit : i'm black so who gets to rep mine and are we all supposed to think the same?


Lol the fact that you use the word "tolerant" just sums up how lost you are. Black folks were forced in chains to America and for over 200 years built up America whilst being seen as less than human. The path African American's had to walk for justice saw millions of lives lost and millions have to endure hell throughout the life that they lived. Oh and don't forget how the native americans were slaughtered and had their land stolen too. Then we have Australia and the natives there had the same experience as the American natives and both groups still suffer today. And you want to talk about "tolerance"? smh.

just to add some context, im an indigenous australian btw lol

we don't all 'suffer'

we're actually afforded many privileges and benefits that other australians do not get - this is a fact. some are of the opinion that we should be entitled to more reparations, other not so much. some are ok with how things are. that's a tolerant society - ya know, one where there disagreements and clashes of culture and opinion are tolerable.

but that's right keep telling me how wrong i am about my own culture and why i should think one way instead of the other. You're definitely not a racist for wanting a black man to think a certain way :) . micro-phoning black voices/opinions is a big thing over here and considering i'm talking from experience i like to think that i'm able to shed a light on the fact that we're a large community and don't all think the same. at least that's what i think.

then again you're just some random dude from america (not sure what your ethnicity, it doesn't matter at all to me) who thinks having a blm chapter in australia is a beacon for of progress lol. remember yall, diversity of thought its more important than just 'diversity'
notericjr
Freshman
Posts: 79
And1: 73
Joined: Jun 05, 2018
   

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III 

Post#909 » by notericjr » Thu Aug 8, 2019 4:04 am

PhillyPhilly wrote:
notericjr wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:
So one of them may have been indian and?.....what difference does it make exactly? Black people face racism from all types of groups all over the world...so whether it's from a white or ethnic person it really makes no difference. Secondly you may feel like life In Aus is all good and rosey for YOU, but there's a hell of a lot of people who live a diiferent reality which is why a blm group was formed In Australia In an effort to combat racist practises In the country that filter from the government all the way down to ignorant people in society. The history of Aboriginal folks in that country is utterly horrific and will be a stain on that flag for eternity imo.


so you're justifying accusing people for racism without evidence simply by virtue of being black lol. You claim to want to champion the fight against racism but you brush off any wrongful accusations as 'and??' like its a nothingburger.

my experiences are different - that's exactly right! i'm an individual and the minute i stopped pigeonholing myself into identity groups, was the exact minute my perception changed and my own life improved. would love to know what bens 'struggle' was like vs the security guard. a middle class, private school educated, generational athlete that refused to show his ID (and got let into the casino once he did show it) somehow gets to be the moral shot caller when it comes to race politics simply because his father is black meanwhile mr. security guard is just collateral damage at the end of the day hehe

ive heard this bullcrap from bleeding heart lefties championing this stuff all my life, acting like its coming from a place of compassion when in reality the bigotry of low expectations is rife. keep telling us that the world owes us something and that we're incapable of helping ourselves without them intervening, yuck.


Lol and of course when race is being discussed feeble minds love to bring up "left and right" politics as if BOTH groups don't have racists within them SMH. And Ben merely told his story no matter how you want to dress it up as a "bad look"...why should his story be any less valid simply because he's rich and a star? Makes no sense. And furthermore I haven't "claimed" to want to champion anything...that's just your desperation speaking. All I'm doing is putting yhe facts on the table where race relations in the US and Aus are concerned...both places have a million miles to go If they wish to form a better union between all people.


my original point was that bens skin color from the get-go was irrelevant. you're the one that continually brought up race and feels

the casino backed their stance with evidence and proof - what did ben provide?

bens entitled to his initial reaction, heat of the moment etc - everyone understands, and a lot of people have been there (myself included)

but after all the facts have been laid on the table, it was made pretty clear that this was not a racial issue and it even looked like ben accepted that as the case when he deleted his original post. but once he double downed on twitter 10 hours later, that's when things really took a turn for the worse.

if you want to champion racial equality and social progress, that's actually fine - but maybe try not to take out innocent people while you're at it lol
PhillyPhilly
Pro Prospect
Posts: 934
And1: 337
Joined: Jul 01, 2018
       

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III 

Post#910 » by PhillyPhilly » Thu Aug 8, 2019 4:19 am

notericjr wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:
notericjr wrote:
so you're justifying accusing people for racism without evidence simply by virtue of being black lol. You claim to want to champion the fight against racism but you brush off any wrongful accusations as 'and??' like its a nothingburger.

my experiences are different - that's exactly right! i'm an individual and the minute i stopped pigeonholing myself into identity groups, was the exact minute my perception changed and my own life improved. would love to know what bens 'struggle' was like vs the security guard. a middle class, private school educated, generational athlete that refused to show his ID (and got let into the casino once he did show it) somehow gets to be the moral shot caller when it comes to race politics simply because his father is black meanwhile mr. security guard is just collateral damage at the end of the day hehe

ive heard this bullcrap from bleeding heart lefties championing this stuff all my life, acting like its coming from a place of compassion when in reality the bigotry of low expectations is rife. keep telling us that the world owes us something and that we're incapable of helping ourselves without them intervening, yuck.


Lol and of course when race is being discussed feeble minds love to bring up "left and right" politics as if BOTH groups don't have racists within them SMH. And Ben merely told his story no matter how you want to dress it up as a "bad look"...why should his story be any less valid simply because he's rich and a star? Makes no sense. And furthermore I haven't "claimed" to want to champion anything...that's just your desperation speaking. All I'm doing is putting yhe facts on the table where race relations in the US and Aus are concerned...both places have a million miles to go If they wish to form a better union between all people.


my original point was that bens skin color from the get-go was irrelevant. you're the one that continually brought up race and feels

the casino backed their stance with evidence and proof - what did ben provide?

bens entitled to his initial reaction, heat of the moment etc - everyone understands, and a lot of people have been there (myself included)

but after all the facts have been laid on the table, it was made pretty clear that this was not a racial issue and it even looked like ben accepted that as the case when he deleted his original post. but once he double downed on twitter 10 hours later, that's when things really took a turn for the worse.

if you want to champion racial equality and social progress, that's actually fine - but maybe try not to take out innocent people while you're at it lol


And maybe you shouldn't try to speak for all ethnics in Australia and judge Ben because of his wealth and status? Also why was his white friend allowed In and not Ben and his black friends? Did the "proof" answer that charge?
User avatar
Simmons25
Veteran
Posts: 2,688
And1: 1,701
Joined: Sep 27, 2016
 

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III 

Post#911 » by Simmons25 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 4:29 am

septahex wrote:At least 20% of patrons in Aussie casinos are Chinese. Being carded is no big deal. Just show your licence and move on in. I’m the same age as Ben and every time I’ve gone to a casino, I’ve been carded. IMO, he’s bringing heightened US racial sensitivities to Aus which makes him look really bad in eyes of Aus public.


And you my friend just hit the nail on the head and is exactly what I have been trying to say.

Ben has become so Americanized that he has taken his political activism and racial sensitivity that has happened ever since Colin Kaepernick decided everyone was racist for not employing him... and Ben has taken that and decided as he is Lebron's puppy and follows everything Lebron does that he would take his racial sensitivities into Australia and go looking where there aren't any.

Reality check... it didn't work. You can't play the racism card here so easily and get away with it. Especially when you are actively funding and directing a documentary clearly aimed at making Australia look racist based on the misinformation and lies of a radical left wing race baiter that lives in England. Wait until that little documentary hits the streets and see how despised Ben will become.

As for people calling Australians racist... I wonder if they actually realize that there are only just over 650,000 aboriginals living in Australia and 420,000 of them live in remote and regional Australia and some don't even see white people. We have nowhere near the racial divide America has just based on sheer numbers alone.
notericjr
Freshman
Posts: 79
And1: 73
Joined: Jun 05, 2018
   

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III 

Post#912 » by notericjr » Thu Aug 8, 2019 4:30 am

PhillyPhilly wrote:
notericjr wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:
Lol and of course when race is being discussed feeble minds love to bring up "left and right" politics as if BOTH groups don't have racists within them SMH. And Ben merely told his story no matter how you want to dress it up as a "bad look"...why should his story be any less valid simply because he's rich and a star? Makes no sense. And furthermore I haven't "claimed" to want to champion anything...that's just your desperation speaking. All I'm doing is putting yhe facts on the table where race relations in the US and Aus are concerned...both places have a million miles to go If they wish to form a better union between all people.


my original point was that bens skin color from the get-go was irrelevant. you're the one that continually brought up race and feels

the casino backed their stance with evidence and proof - what did ben provide?

bens entitled to his initial reaction, heat of the moment etc - everyone understands, and a lot of people have been there (myself included)

but after all the facts have been laid on the table, it was made pretty clear that this was not a racial issue and it even looked like ben accepted that as the case when he deleted his original post. but once he double downed on twitter 10 hours later, that's when things really took a turn for the worse.

if you want to champion racial equality and social progress, that's actually fine - but maybe try not to take out innocent people while you're at it lol


And maybe you shouldn't try to speak for all ethnics in Australia and judge Ben because of his wealth and status? Also why was his white friend allowed In and not Ben and his black friends? Did the "proof" answer that charge?

the conversation turned into me talking about Ben's wealth because you thought it was a good idea to bring up 200 years of slavery as justification for him falsely-accusing another person for being racist when all the security guard wanted to see was his ID lol!

Alex Subers didn't have to present ID...you know why? Because he legitimately looks like he's in his 30's (he's 27 by the way, so if we're arguing semantics, he's over 25) meanwhile Ben and his other 2 friends are 23/22 and individually all look relatively young.

Most places will ask you for ID even if you're in youre 60's, they should be glad that Crown's policy of profiling based on age up to 25 is pretty lenient vs most places in Melbourne.
User avatar
Simmons25
Veteran
Posts: 2,688
And1: 1,701
Joined: Sep 27, 2016
 

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III 

Post#913 » by Simmons25 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 4:34 am

PhillyPhilly wrote:
phillynative wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:
The guy was wearing a jumper, jeans, a watch and a few chains...why would you compare him to a "rapper"? And even IF he did dress like a rapper whats the problem? The vast majority of the other Aussies you compared him to are all older and are white guys...Ben is neither so why would anyone expect him to act like them? SMH.

All anyone has to do is look up the brutal history of Australia when It pertains to race and how people of colour are still treated poorly even now and it's no surprise to see what happened to Ben..no surprise at all.


Not just a rapper but a "gangster rapper" that seemed odd :noway: .


Complete and utter ignorance and that dude has the nerve to name himself after Ben? Smh.


Here we have a bunch of Americans that know nothing about Australia saying people of colour are still treated poorly with absolutely zero evidence or life experience in Australia to back it up :lol: :lol:

And just for the record... I've already asked the Moderators on the forum several days ago if I can change my username. I no longer want to carry and support the name of a race baiter hell bent on creating racial division in my country. I'll continue to support Philly but I won't be supporting Ben anymore.
LordCovington33
Veteran
Posts: 2,578
And1: 2,043
Joined: Nov 15, 2016
   

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III 

Post#914 » by LordCovington33 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 6:14 am

Simmons25 wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:
phillynative wrote:
Not just a rapper but a "gangster rapper" that seemed odd :noway: .


Complete and utter ignorance and that dude has the nerve to name himself after Ben? Smh.


Here we have a bunch of Americans that know nothing about Australia saying people of colour are still treated poorly with absolutely zero evidence or life experience in Australia to back it up :lol: :lol:

And just for the record... I've already asked the Moderators on the forum several days ago if I can change my username. I no longer want to carry and support the name of a race baiter hell bent on creating racial division in my country. I'll continue to support Philly but I won't be supporting Ben anymore.


I started supporting Philly in the early 2000s when a student was a big AI fan. I waited for years for an Aussie to join the team, wanting Exum over Embiid for that reason. Was excited to finally get Simmons and started an account here around that time after years of being a lurker on the Sixers forum. I stopped supporting Simmons after his first year. Just another tosser who cares about one thing: his brand. I love Mills. Just wish he had half Simmons’s talent. Shame.

About the poster above, just another example of somebody who thinks they understand the Australian experience despite not even living here. I wonder who hurt him. Very angry tapping on his keyboard there. :lol:
downtownpie
Junior
Posts: 454
And1: 257
Joined: Jan 16, 2018
   

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III 

Post#915 » by downtownpie » Thu Aug 8, 2019 6:40 am

PhillyPhilly wrote:
septahex wrote:At least 20% of patrons in Aussie casinos are Chinese. Being carded is no big deal. Just show your licence and move on in. I’m the same age as Ben and every time I’ve gone to a casino, I’ve been carded. IMO, he’s bringing heightened US racial sensitivities to Aus which makes him look really bad in eyes of Aus public.


Racism is just as bad In Australia as it is In America...let's not pretend like Australia is some kind of mecca of racial harmony because that would be a damn lie and the aboriginal/black/muslim communities would very much agree with that.



This post is comical. Australia's issues are minute compared to what's happening in the USA.

El Paso anyone?
downtownpie
Junior
Posts: 454
And1: 257
Joined: Jan 16, 2018
   

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III 

Post#916 » by downtownpie » Thu Aug 8, 2019 6:52 am

LordCovington33 wrote:
Simmons25 wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:
Complete and utter ignorance and that dude has the nerve to name himself after Ben? Smh.


Here we have a bunch of Americans that know nothing about Australia saying people of colour are still treated poorly with absolutely zero evidence or life experience in Australia to back it up :lol: :lol:

And just for the record... I've already asked the Moderators on the forum several days ago if I can change my username. I no longer want to carry and support the name of a race baiter hell bent on creating racial division in my country. I'll continue to support Philly but I won't be supporting Ben anymore.


I started supporting Philly in the early 2000s when a student was a big AI fan. I waited for years for an Aussie to join the team, wanting Exum over Embiid for that reason. Was excited to finally get Simmons and started an account here around that time after years of being a lurker on the Sixers forum. I stopped supporting Simmons after his first year. Just another tosser who cares about one thing: his brand. I love Mills. Just wish he had half Simmons’s talent. Shame.

About the poster above, just another example of somebody who thinks they understand the Australian experience despite not even living here. I wonder who hurt him. Very angry tapping on his keyboard there. :lol:



Patty Mills is a ripper. Wish he was 4" taller.

Simmons IG has been interesting. He has focused on indigenous Australian sports people. He also attended a premiere for a documentary on of the most divisive AFL players ever who also happens to indigenous. Haven't seen a white Australian sportsperson on his IG.

As an Australian he can't be vocal in American race politics but he is certainly getting involved here.
PhillyPhilly
Pro Prospect
Posts: 934
And1: 337
Joined: Jul 01, 2018
       

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III 

Post#917 » by PhillyPhilly » Thu Aug 8, 2019 8:35 am

notericjr wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:
notericjr wrote:
my original point was that bens skin color from the get-go was irrelevant. you're the one that continually brought up race and feels

the casino backed their stance with evidence and proof - what did ben provide?

bens entitled to his initial reaction, heat of the moment etc - everyone understands, and a lot of people have been there (myself included)

but after all the facts have been laid on the table, it was made pretty clear that this was not a racial issue and it even looked like ben accepted that as the case when he deleted his original post. but once he double downed on twitter 10 hours later, that's when things really took a turn for the worse.

if you want to champion racial equality and social progress, that's actually fine - but maybe try not to take out innocent people while you're at it lol


And maybe you shouldn't try to speak for all ethnics in Australia and judge Ben because of his wealth and status? Also why was his white friend allowed In and not Ben and his black friends? Did the "proof" answer that charge?

the conversation turned into me talking about Ben's wealth because you thought it was a good idea to bring up 200 years of slavery as justification for him falsely-accusing another person for being racist when all the security guard wanted to see was his ID lol!

Alex Subers didn't have to present ID...you know why? Because he legitimately looks like he's in his 30's (he's 27 by the way, so if we're arguing semantics, he's over 25) meanwhile Ben and his other 2 friends are 23/22 and individually all look relatively young.

Most places will ask you for ID even if you're in youre 60's, they should be glad that Crown's policy of profiling based on age up to 25 is pretty lenient vs most places in Melbourne.


I had to bring up slavery because quite frankly you appear to be utterly clueless to what has gone on In America when it pertains to race. And lol WEAK!!!...the white guy looked no older than Ben and his friends so please drop the bs...they didn't even ask the man for ID and you don't think that's strange? Smh.
PhillyPhilly
Pro Prospect
Posts: 934
And1: 337
Joined: Jul 01, 2018
       

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III 

Post#918 » by PhillyPhilly » Thu Aug 8, 2019 8:38 am

Simmons25 wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:
phillynative wrote:
Not just a rapper but a "gangster rapper" that seemed odd :noway: .


Complete and utter ignorance and that dude has the nerve to name himself after Ben? Smh.


Here we have a bunch of Americans that know nothing about Australia saying people of colour are still treated poorly with absolutely zero evidence or life experience in Australia to back it up :lol: :lol:

And just for the record... I've already asked the Moderators on the forum several days ago if I can change my username. I no longer want to carry and support the name of a race baiter hell bent on creating racial division in my country. I'll continue to support Philly but I won't be supporting Ben anymore.


Lol yes..the aboriginal people are soooooooò happy about how their community are being treated right? And so are the muslims and black community which is why black lives matter were started in the country.....stop living in denial as it only makes you look hella suspect.
Tomjas
Rookie
Posts: 1,245
And1: 801
Joined: Nov 04, 2017
 

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III 

Post#919 » by Tomjas » Thu Aug 8, 2019 8:39 am

downtownpie wrote:
LordCovington33 wrote:
Simmons25 wrote:
Here we have a bunch of Americans that know nothing about Australia saying people of colour are still treated poorly with absolutely zero evidence or life experience in Australia to back it up :lol: :lol:

And just for the record... I've already asked the Moderators on the forum several days ago if I can change my username. I no longer want to carry and support the name of a race baiter hell bent on creating racial division in my country. I'll continue to support Philly but I won't be supporting Ben anymore.


I started supporting Philly in the early 2000s when a student was a big AI fan. I waited for years for an Aussie to join the team, wanting Exum over Embiid for that reason. Was excited to finally get Simmons and started an account here around that time after years of being a lurker on the Sixers forum. I stopped supporting Simmons after his first year. Just another tosser who cares about one thing: his brand. I love Mills. Just wish he had half Simmons’s talent. Shame.

About the poster above, just another example of somebody who thinks they understand the Australian experience despite not even living here. I wonder who hurt him. Very angry tapping on his keyboard there. :lol:



Patty Mills is a ripper. Wish he was 4" taller.

Simmons IG has been interesting. He has focused on indigenous Australian sports people. He also attended a premiere for a documentary on of the most divisive AFL players ever who also happens to indigenous. Haven't seen a white Australian sportsperson on his IG.

As an Australian he can't be vocal in American race politics but he is certainly getting involved here.


I don’t have a problem with it

People need to remember that he’s young & has been in a cocoon for years due to his sporting ability

I met a very famous Olympian years ago and she was 22 going on 13

The Crown thing was stupid as a more mature head would realise that he was dealing with low level guys just trying to do a job and probably had no **** idea who he is

He then let ego take over

Rookie mistake

Anyway, at least he’s not MJ who has never used his status to do anything other than make a buck
notericjr
Freshman
Posts: 79
And1: 73
Joined: Jun 05, 2018
   

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III 

Post#920 » by notericjr » Thu Aug 8, 2019 11:45 am

PhillyPhilly wrote:
Simmons25 wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:
Complete and utter ignorance and that dude has the nerve to name himself after Ben? Smh.


Here we have a bunch of Americans that know nothing about Australia saying people of colour are still treated poorly with absolutely zero evidence or life experience in Australia to back it up :lol: :lol:

And just for the record... I've already asked the Moderators on the forum several days ago if I can change my username. I no longer want to carry and support the name of a race baiter hell bent on creating racial division in my country. I'll continue to support Philly but I won't be supporting Ben anymore.


Lol yes..the aboriginal people are soooooooò happy about how their community are being treated right? And so are the muslims and black community which is why black lives matter were started in the country.....stop living in denial as it only makes you look hella suspect.

Every identity group in Australia has issues with treatment and integration into a wider society. Groups of every skin colour and cultural persuasion, even whites.

Interesting how your whole idea on Australian racism boils down to just people with black skin (like as if other skin complexions don't matter) and Muslims???(Islam is NOT a race) and that's about it.

It's like you watched a 15 minute video by VICE on YouTube about Australia and suddenly you're an expert.

Yes there is a BLM chapter in Australia, but there's also political movements that advocate for larger fishing rights. Did you know the anti-vax movement is also in Australia. So what?

No one's stopping you from campaigning against racism. Are there racists in Australia? Absolutely, and they come in all shapes and forms. These people represent a tiny minuscule percentage of society. When you find one, show me them and i'll stand with you toe to toe to take them on. But i'm not about giving people free passes for falsely projecting their own racism on other people and then passing it off as 'so what' just because they were proven wrong.

So because Australia has a history of colonialism and conquest (just like EVERY country in HISTORY) does that mean Australia is some beacon of bigotry and racism, to be used by the world as a shining example of a bad country? Naaaaah. Australia's has come leaps and bounds in the last 50 years, Govt after govt on both sides of the political isle have made a concerted effort to make up for the horrors of the past and so has society itself.

Are you really gonna try and tell me that racism in Australia as bad as it was 60/70 years ago or more? if you're gonna try and tell us it's racist af and that nothing has changed then there really isn't anything to be discussed here.

My father was born here and lived LIVED the entirety of his childhood and most of his adult life during a time where ACTUAL racism existed from the top, right to the bottom of society. My mother wasn't even able to come here till the white Australia policy was abolished. Anyone even trying to compare the current cycle of victim culture to what our predecessors went through is a moron.

If the Australian chapter of BLM were really interested in promoting indigenous reconciliation they might want to think about fixing things within our own community first before promoting the idea that its 2019 and the white man is still keeping us back. We might of been here before everyone else but we currently SHARE this country with everyone else as well. But yeah, keep telling me that someone getting turned away from a casino for having no ID is somehow a racist tragedy when there are REAL racial and cultural tragedies happening all over the world right now in places like Hong Kong, Kashmir, North-West China, Yemen etc

Return to Philadelphia 76ers