ImageImageImage

The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, CoreyGallagher, Sixerscan, Foshan

downtownpie
Junior
Posts: 454
And1: 257
Joined: Jan 16, 2018
   

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III 

Post#941 » by downtownpie » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:21 am

PhillyPhilly wrote:
Simmons25 wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:
Lol yes..the aboriginal people are soooooooò happy about how their community are being treated right? And so are the muslims and black community which is why black lives matter were started in the country.....stop living in denial as it only makes you look hella suspect.


I have to read that about 5 times because it was so ridiculous. You think Black Lives Matter was started in Australia?

BLM doesn’t even exist in Australia.


Lol you really are totally clueless aren't you? No-one said blm started In Australia and secondly you need to do some research because there IS a blm chapter In Aus thank you very much.




I am not doubting you but no one here would know who they are. They are invisible in Australia.

Its easy to say a place is full of racists and harder to argue it's not. Attached is an interesting read.

These amounts are spent on approx 650K people who identify as indigenous.

There is also priority access to universities amongst other services.

https://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament/Parliamentary_Departments/Parliamentary_Library/pubs/rp/BudgetReview201718/Indigenous_Affairs_Government_priority_areas
michaelm
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,947
And1: 1,907
Joined: Apr 06, 2010
 

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III 

Post#942 » by michaelm » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:26 am

downtownpie wrote:
michaelm wrote:
downtownpie wrote:

Yep he was a great player. Just liked using his knees running into people when they werent looking.

That’s the new nonsense narrative ?. The guy is a Brownlow medal winner, which is best and fairest. As I recall at the time it was that he played for free kicks, particularly from Eddie, and that an indigenous war dance was provocative; the Maori equivalent in NZ where the indigines have a treaty is celebrated and performed by their national team, the All-Blacks rugby team, before every game.

“For our American friends” Goodes objected to being called an ape by a spectator during the indigenous round meant to celebrate the indigenous contribution to the sport, in which indigenous players are heavily over-represented, and the vilification of him started after that incident.

That said, the situation of the Australian Aboriginals (or originals as one proud guy once pointed out to me was what he was) is more akin to the Inuit or American “Indians” than Afro-Americans. Historically there has been no prejudice against people of (more recent) African extraction in Australia, admittedly possibly because historically there were very few to be prejudiced against, and the few who were here in my youth, mostly sportsmen such as American basketball players like Dave Simmons or West Indian cricketers were feted rather than discriminated against. The Murdoch press following their usual modus operandi everywhere are now running an African gangs in Melbourne narrative, so if Ben is motivated by that power to him imo, but i still don’t think there is much in the way of racism against black Afro-Americans, particularly Afro-American (or Afro-Australian) sportsmen.



Lol. It started a long time before the war dance. As I said he was a great player but he also ahad a dirty streak which many people didnt like. You choose to ignore that and believe everyone who doesn't like him is a racist ( some probably are). Good for you.

Time to discuss basketball.

I didn’t notice your user name before. Says it all really. Also a convenient attitude on your part to wish to return to basketball when challenged after starting an extraneous discussion in the first place.

Please tell me in what way my statement that his vilification commenced after the incident in the indigenous round is incorrect. Pursuant to one of your earlier posts, have you never heard of a bloke called Nicky Winmar ?.

I actually said it was only partly racism, Melbourne parochialism, particularly from Eddie Maguire, in what is the second smallest, and imo the most parochial, footballing code in the world was also a signicant element. As it happens I have a fairly informed perspective on this, including having watched most of the games Goodes ever played.
LordCovington33
Veteran
Posts: 2,578
And1: 2,043
Joined: Nov 15, 2016
   

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III 

Post#943 » by LordCovington33 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:18 am

downtownpie wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:
Simmons25 wrote:
I have to read that about 5 times because it was so ridiculous. You think Black Lives Matter was started in Australia?

BLM doesn’t even exist in Australia.


Lol you really are totally clueless aren't you? No-one said blm started In Australia and secondly you need to do some research because there IS a blm chapter In Aus thank you very much.




I am not doubting you but no one here would know who they are. They are invisible in Australia.

Its easy to say a place is full of racists and harder to argue it's not. Attached is an interesting read.

These amounts are spent on approx 650K people who identify as indigenous.

There is also priority access to universities amongst other services.

https://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament/Parliamentary_Departments/Parliamentary_Library/pubs/rp/BudgetReview201718/Indigenous_Affairs_Government_priority_areas

You would think this is something phillyphilly would be able to google search himself down in his mother’s basement. Apparently not since IA have it so bad. lol When you apply for a govt job, you are asked if you are Indigenous or a Torre Strait Islander. A certain number of jobs are set aside for them. I have old rugby pals who are as dumb as two bricks working in govt jobs solely because of their skin colour. They don’t deny it, and I don’t have a problem with it. Indigenous Australian university students needing financial assistance are given a different and better rate to non-Indigenous.

My sister worked as a teacher at a predominantly black community back in the 1990s. She was called a “white c” every other day. Told by the principal to ignore it. Better not to make a fuss. Eventually asked for a transfer due to the relentless verbal abuse. People are only racist if they are white. And of course Ben Simmons’s sister is not racist when she called a tv personality an old white Australian man. smh
downtownpie
Junior
Posts: 454
And1: 257
Joined: Jan 16, 2018
   

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III 

Post#944 » by downtownpie » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:28 am

michaelm wrote:
downtownpie wrote:
michaelm wrote:That’s the new nonsense narrative ?. The guy is a Brownlow medal winner, which is best and fairest. As I recall at the time it was that he played for free kicks, particularly from Eddie, and that an indigenous war dance was provocative; the Maori equivalent in NZ where the indigines have a treaty is celebrated and performed by their national team, the All-Blacks rugby team, before every game.

“For our American friends” Goodes objected to being called an ape by a spectator during the indigenous round meant to celebrate the indigenous contribution to the sport, in which indigenous players are heavily over-represented, and the vilification of him started after that incident.

That said, the situation of the Australian Aboriginals (or originals as one proud guy once pointed out to me was what he was) is more akin to the Inuit or American “Indians” than Afro-Americans. Historically there has been no prejudice against people of (more recent) African extraction in Australia, admittedly possibly because historically there were very few to be prejudiced against, and the few who were here in my youth, mostly sportsmen such as American basketball players like Dave Simmons or West Indian cricketers were feted rather than discriminated against. The Murdoch press following their usual modus operandi everywhere are now running an African gangs in Melbourne narrative, so if Ben is motivated by that power to him imo, but i still don’t think there is much in the way of racism against black Afro-Americans, particularly Afro-American (or Afro-Australian) sportsmen.



Lol. It started a long time before the war dance. As I said he was a great player but he also ahad a dirty streak which many people didnt like. You choose to ignore that and believe everyone who doesn't like him is a racist ( some probably are). Good for you.

Time to discuss basketball.

I didn’t notice your user name before. Says it all really. Also a convenient attitude on your part to wish to return to basketball when challenged after starting an extraneous discussion in the first place.

Please tell me in what way my statement that his vilification commenced after the incident in the indigenous round is incorrect. Pursuant to one of your earlier posts, have you never heard of a bloke called Nicky Winmar ?.

I actually said it was only partly racism, Melbourne parochialism, particularly from Eddie Maguire, in what is the second smallest, and imo the most parochial, footballing code in the world was also a signicant element. As it happens I have a fairly informed perspective on this, including having watched most of the games Goodes ever played.



I get it. All white aussie who booed Goodes are racists. Good for you .
kio80
Junior
Posts: 346
And1: 201
Joined: Nov 22, 2018
 

The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III 

Post#945 » by kio80 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:32 am

Can we get back to Simmons’ ugly jump shot? Can we have a separate thread about the crown incident?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
michaelm
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,947
And1: 1,907
Joined: Apr 06, 2010
 

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III 

Post#946 » by michaelm » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:08 am

downtownpie wrote:
michaelm wrote:
downtownpie wrote:

Lol. It started a long time before the war dance. As I said he was a great player but he also ahad a dirty streak which many people didnt like. You choose to ignore that and believe everyone who doesn't like him is a racist ( some probably are). Good for you.

Time to discuss basketball.

I didn’t notice your user name before. Says it all really. Also a convenient attitude on your part to wish to return to basketball when challenged after starting an extraneous discussion in the first place.

Please tell me in what way my statement that his vilification commenced after the incident in the indigenous round is incorrect. Pursuant to one of your earlier posts, have you never heard of a bloke called Nicky Winmar ?.

I actually said it was only partly racism, Melbourne parochialism, particularly from Eddie Maguire, in what is the second smallest, and imo the most parochial, footballing code in the world was also a signicant element. As it happens I have a fairly informed perspective on this, including having watched most of the games Goodes ever played.



I get it. All white aussie who booed Goodes are racists. Good for you .

Nice straw man. Logical fallacies and unsupported assertions seem to be your stock in trade.

What I actually said was that I disagree vehemently with your assertion that Goodes somehow deserved the vilification he got and in particular that it was deserved on the basis of him being a dirty player, which having followed his career closely he most assuredly was not, particularly by historical Collingwood standards, and I also said that his vilification was subsequent to a particular incident in the indigenous round of the year concerned which certainly did involve racism, and was then beaten up especially by a particularly moronic media personality in Eddie Maguire so that Goodes was somehow the one at fault. Your previous claim about indigenous players other than him is also factually incorrect, the famous case of Nicky Winmar for a start.

As I said, Imo there was also a significant element of Victorian parochialism; I was born in Melbourne btw, and still have kept the allegiance of my childhood to the Victorian cricket team which I have never been given cause to change.
michaelm
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,947
And1: 1,907
Joined: Apr 06, 2010
 

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III 

Post#947 » by michaelm » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:59 am

kio80 wrote:Can we get back to Simmons’ ugly jump shot? Can we have a separate thread about the crown incident?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was one on the general board which was locked. Appropriately imo.

My view on that thread was the same as yours, that my problem with him/criticism of him is in regard to his jump shot.
PhillyPhilly
Pro Prospect
Posts: 934
And1: 337
Joined: Jul 01, 2018
       

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III 

Post#948 » by PhillyPhilly » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:16 am

LordCovington33 wrote:
downtownpie wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:
Lol you really are totally clueless aren't you? No-one said blm started In Australia and secondly you need to do some research because there IS a blm chapter In Aus thank you very much.




I am not doubting you but no one here would know who they are. They are invisible in Australia.

Its easy to say a place is full of racists and harder to argue it's not. Attached is an interesting read.

These amounts are spent on approx 650K people who identify as indigenous.

There is also priority access to universities amongst other services.

https://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament/Parliamentary_Departments/Parliamentary_Library/pubs/rp/BudgetReview201718/Indigenous_Affairs_Government_priority_areas

You would think this is something phillyphilly would be able to google search himself down in his mother’s basement. Apparently not since IA have it so bad. lol When you apply for a govt job, you are asked if you are Indigenous or a Torre Strait Islander. A certain number of jobs are set aside for them. I have old rugby pals who are as dumb as two bricks working in govt jobs solely because of their skin colour. They don’t deny it, and I don’t have a problem with it. Indigenous Australian university students needing financial assistance are given a different and better rate to non-Indigenous.

My sister worked as a teacher at a predominantly black community back in the 1990s. She was called a “white c” every other day. Told by the principal to ignore it. Better not to make a fuss. Eventually asked for a transfer due to the relentless verbal abuse. People are only racist if they are white. And of course Ben Simmons’s sister is not racist when she called a tv personality an old white Australian man. smh


"Mothers basement"? Bullyking do you have any comment about this?

And as for this post...the teacher you mentioned had a choice to move schools and make a living in a more comfortable environment...but systematic white supremacy has ruined millions of lives at many different levels of society for centuries...education, red lining, criminal system, financial wealth gap etc etc. It's not just about one person.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
Posts: 9,582
And1: 8,631
Joined: Jan 16, 2014

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III 

Post#949 » by BullyKing » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:25 am

For everyone, enough with the personal insults. This is obviously a complicated and sensitive subject. If you cannot make your argument without personally attacking the other poster, then don't post it.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
michaelm
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,947
And1: 1,907
Joined: Apr 06, 2010
 

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III 

Post#950 » by michaelm » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:45 am

BullyKing wrote:For everyone, enough with the personal insults. This is obviously a complicated and sensitive subject. If you cannot make your argument without personally attacking the other poster, then don't post it.

I have to plead guilty. Calling someone a Collingwood fan is actually a fairly gross personal insult.
michaelm
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,947
And1: 1,907
Joined: Apr 06, 2010
 

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III 

Post#951 » by michaelm » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:46 am

Double
kio80
Junior
Posts: 346
And1: 201
Joined: Nov 22, 2018
 

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III 

Post#952 » by kio80 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:02 pm

So did Ben shoot bricks at the craps table in Crown casino?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
stormi
Junior
Posts: 263
And1: 214
Joined: Jun 04, 2019
 

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III 

Post#953 » by stormi » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:31 pm

kio80 wrote:So did Ben shoot bricks at the craps table in Crown casino?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Cringe
phillynative
Starter
Posts: 2,355
And1: 377
Joined: Dec 13, 2014

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III 

Post#954 » by phillynative » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:22 pm

Alot of these posters I haven't seen here before protest much, methink.

Making Australia Great Again
User avatar
Simmons25
Veteran
Posts: 2,688
And1: 1,701
Joined: Sep 27, 2016
 

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III 

Post#955 » by Simmons25 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:57 am

toshiro_mifune wrote:
Simmons25 wrote:
...as I said earlier Simmons has hitched his wagon to a guy in Australia that is one of the most divisive and disliked people in the country. When you understand who this guy is... you will understand why Simmons suddenly claiming to be racially profiled has people wondering what this guy's end game is.


Are you referring to 2014 Australian of the year Adam Goodes? yeah, super divisive guy. :crazy: you know who doesn’t like him? racist pricks. and you definitely sound like one of those mate.


Ok lets go there considering you just called me a racist. Lets talk about actual FACTS about Adam Goodes and why people like you, Adam Goodes and Ben Simmons are race baiters.

Lets tell our American friends the real story and it will give you an idea of why so many people over here despise Goodes and are now against Ben.

At the end you will see why this has everything to do with Ben Simmons.

1. Adam Goodes was a champion AFL footballer as many of our black indigenous footballers are. My 2 favorite players in my team are WIllie Rioli and Liam Ryan... who are 2 of only 4 players in our team of 22 that are black. oh yeah I am a racist I forgot. Indigenous players are probably the most loved players in our game because of the skill and magic they bring that no other white players seem to be able to. To suggest Australians are racist against blacks is absolutely ridiculous. A racist person hates a person of color all the time because of the color of their skin not just some of the time.

2. Adam Goodes was divisive. He would regularly try and slide in and injure players. In fact the AFL had to actually bring in a new rule because of him to stop an opponent having their legs broken. He also feigns for free kicks... all the damn time which is one of the blights on our game and angers opposition crowds and players. He is the equivalent of Chris Paul mixed with a thug like Ron Artest. Opposition fans hate him as a result and he gets booed. Remember this later on when we talk about booing.





3. In 2013 Goodes was the victim of a racial slur from a member of the crowd. In the middle of the game Goodes stopped and got the attention of a security guard and pointed out the person in the crowd that called him "An A*e". He absolutely 100% did the right thing... there is zero tolerance on racism at games and people are banned and lose memberships over it. Goodes was perfectly correct to call it out.

Here is the problem. The person he called out was a 12 year old girl. Now again I had no problem with it but some people did. The problem people had is that this 12 year old girl was dragged through the media and newspapers and labelled "The Face of Racism." This girl ended up suffering horrendous bullying and mental issues as you can imagine. Someone that age is not equipped to go through what she did. People rightfully claimed that if she had murdered someone as a 12 year old her identity would be protected as she is a minor... but she calls someone a word and she is strung up for all to see. This turned people further against Goodes whether rightfully or not. Personally I had no problem with what he did but lots did which I can understand.

4. In 2014 not long after this racism furore happened.... Adam Goodes was awarded the "Australian of the Year" award completely out of nowhere. The award usually went to Scientists and Doctors. Only 2 athletes have ever won... Steve Waugh and Pat Rafter who represented Australia internationally and had long careers. Goodes had done nothing even close to resembling their achievements... and people rightfully saw this as a politically motivated move. It also didn't help that the guy that was his equal if not better in football achievements Shane Crawford was one of the favorites to win after his efforts in fund raising for breast cancer by cycling the equivalent of the West to East coast of US. He was beaten out by a guy who called out a 12 year old for racism. That's how people saw it... and it wasn't a popular decision. Goodes though was very humble and accepting in his Australian of the Year speech which was great.

5. Here is where it started all going really downhill for Goodes. A few months after that controversial Australian of the Year award Goodes was invited to the viewing of a "documentary" created by John Pilger called "Utopia" which was supposed to about aboriginal life. If you don't know who John Pilger is... he is an extremist left wing journalist who claims to be Australian but hasn't lived in Australia for over 50 years. He thrives off racism narratives and spends all his time being critical of Australia, the UK and US. The guy literally knows nothing about Australia but decided to do this documentary anyway because racism is right up his alley.

The documentary was roundly criticized by some of the very aboriginal people that were interviewed in the movie claiming that he had removed anything positive that these aboriginal people had to say about white Australians... and it was obvious that this documentary was completely one sided and a propaganda piece.

Well Adam Goodes saw this documentary not long after being controversially named "Australian of the Year"... so he decided to publish an article in a major newspaper. You see only 4,000 people bothered to turn up to watch this trash at the cinemas... and that highly offended Goodes who by now was well and truly red pilled and furious and full of hate.

Goodes in this article basically told all Australians that by not turning up to watch this propaganda piece we had all " benefited most from those rapes, those killings and that theft and then turn away in disgust when someone seeks to expose it".

As you can imagine this didn't make him popular given what had previously taken place... and was highly insulting to a nation where most people came here in the 1950's and 1960's from Europe with barely a dollar to their names and had not profited in any way from something that happened over 200 years ago. They saw it as an attack on Australians by a guy that was given an Australian of the Year award he didn't deserve.

6. Now lets jump the next year to 2015 knowing what we know about Adam Goodes. In a game against Carlton Adam Goodes decided in the middle of a game after kicking a goal to do a "War cry dance". For people that just assume this a regular thing it's not. He ran over to a section of opposition supporters after kicking a goal and effectively antagonized them by pretending to throw a spear at them in an act of war. His supporters claim it was a "celebration" but a celebration would have been done towards his own supporters. This was done purely to be antagonistic because he was being booed. Of course every time he touches the ball he gets booed more because that's what crowds do with someone they don't like. In fact players get booed in AFL games all the time... whether they are black or white... and it's mainly if they are dirty players like Goodes is.

As the announcers says in the video... he looked for a reaction from the crowd and from now on the crowd knows they can put him off his game by booing him.



7. Now lets go later on towards the end of that year in 2015... when his team came to Perth to play my team the Eagles. The Eagles have been for years renowned for their booing... WELL before any of this happened. Unlike in Melbourne where there are 10 teams and games can have 50/50 supporters in the crowd at Eagles games in Perth they are 99% Eagles supporters so they are vocal and loud and boo any decision that goes against them.

Well this is the game where the s#@t really hit the fan. Goodes is exactly the sort of player Eagles fans have been booing for years... and today was no different. You can see though in the video clearly that Adam Goodes has pushed his opponent fair square in the back and then kicked a goal. It should have been a blatant free kick to the Eagles which wasn't awarded... so of course the crowd booed. What happened next is that an aboriginal teammate of Goodes by the name of Lewis Jetta... after he had kicked a goal went over to Eagles supporters and did the same "war dance" by throwing a spear at the crowd... and adding an extra "up yours" at the end. Rather ironically Lewis Jetta ended up a few years later asking for a trade to play for the Eagles and is one of their favorite players :lol:



Anyway whatever.... all part of the game... but lets face it you are going to do that you are going to antagonize the crowd into booing you. Nobody thought anything of it at the time. Not the people at the ground.... and none of the commentators throughout at the game as you can hear and see in the video below. This was just something that has happened 1000 times before at games.

It was only AFTER the game had ended that Adam Goodes had decided he would pull out the race card and decided they were booing him... because he was black. :noway: (Kinda like Ben decided asking him for ID was because he was black)

Now it became political. Most people saw it for exactly what it was... nothing to do with racism. Slowly slowly though the pressure of political correctness went on and the AFL and in fact the Eagles themselves were forced to put out statements saying that racism is not tolerated. They claimed that anyone who boos Adam Goodes is a racist (Booing white people ok though)

This angered everyone because they knew that the booing was part of the game and nothing to do with his skin color. You had a small section of the football media that decided it was racism and thrived off that and kept pushing the narrative but they were in the minority. Of course you had left wing journo's pushing the racism narrative because they feed off this stuff... but the overwhelming view was none of it was racial.

Anyway thankfully Goodes was at the end of his career and retired at the end of 2015... and people were not sorry to see him go.

Now fast forward to 2019 and a new documentary was released on Adam Goodes... and of course they played up the racism angle entirely. They even went so far as to ridiculously claim he retired prematurely because of the racism he apparently faced. They effectively have managed to re-write history retrospectively to claim he was a victim of racism his entire career when he was not.

For the record he had played 16 years... was 36 years old... and could barely run on the spot anymore and was one of the main reasons for his frustration on the field with kicking and kneeing people... not racism. To give you an idea... Goodes played until he was 36. Only 3 players in the entire history of my club has been able to get to the age of 33 before having to retire. To say Goodes could have played another 2 years if not for racism is just some of the absolute rubbish that is spewed in these documentaries and by a small portion of social justice warriors.

As for why Ben Simmons important in all of this? Ben has produced and funded a documentary that is due for release in Australia in 11 days.... and it is about Adam Goodes. No doubt you know exactly what it is going to be about... and is going to push this narrative about the racism. He is going to make a documentary pushing a narrative of racism against a player who 80% of Australia believed was not a victim of racism. If you reckon Ben copped bad publicity a week ago... wait for what is coming up in 2 weeks time.

Now we have Ben in Australia... in a casino falsely claiming he was the victim of racial profiling. It doesn't take Einstein to know where Ben's head is at and why he was desperately looking for ways to be a victim of racism in Australia whether knowingly or unknowingly.
User avatar
sodmoraes
Junior
Posts: 257
And1: 2
Joined: Dec 28, 2004

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III 

Post#956 » by sodmoraes » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:24 am

We need a rugby subtopic...

Sent from my SM-G920I using RealGM mobile app
[quote:bba5df4c1f="hornetstime"]jr smith will be out of this league in 2 years, book it.[/quote]
mithrandir17
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,549
And1: 813
Joined: Jan 30, 2017
 

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III 

Post#957 » by mithrandir17 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:34 am

Wow that's a long post.
User avatar
Simmons25
Veteran
Posts: 2,688
And1: 1,701
Joined: Sep 27, 2016
 

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III 

Post#958 » by Simmons25 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:41 am

mithrandir17 wrote:Wow that's a long post.


Sorry but I think people need to know the full facts and history of what Ben Simmons is about to do with this release of this new documentary... especially when people are calling me a racist for not like a particular player who happens to be black. Exactly the same claim Ben just made about a security guard.

It just shows you where we are in 2019 that anyone can slander someone based on a personal perception instead of actual facts. If Ben wants to be so much like Lebron that he wants to be an activist as well as a basketballer... go for it but he better be prepared because he ain't Lebron. Even Lebron waited until he actually achieved something and had some respect before going full activist on everyone.

Ben is one of the most polarizing and scrutinized players in the league because of his game.... and I reckon he should have focused on becoming an actual decent basketballer first instead of a being an activist whilst a still immature 22 year old with no real life experience. A 22 year old that takes chauffeur driven limousines to games when his all-star teammates are driving people movers... should be the last one speaking out on racism and being oppressed.
michaelm
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,947
And1: 1,907
Joined: Apr 06, 2010
 

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III 

Post#959 » by michaelm » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:24 am

Simmons25 wrote:
mithrandir17 wrote:Wow that's a long post.


Sorry but I think people need to know the full facts and history of what Ben Simmons is about to do with this release of this new documentary... especially when people are calling me a racist for not like a particular player who happens to be black. Exactly the same claim Ben just made about a security guard.

It just shows you where we are in 2019 that anyone can slander someone based on a personal perception instead of actual facts. If Ben wants to be so much like Lebron that he wants to be an activist as well as a basketballer... go for it but he better be prepared because he ain't Lebron. Even Lebron waited until he actually achieved something and had some respect before going full activist on everyone.

Ben is one of the most polarizing and scrutinized players in the league because of his game.... and I reckon he should have focused on becoming an actual decent basketballer first instead of a being an activist whilst a still immature 22 year old with no real life experience. A 22 year old that takes chauffeur driven limousines to games when his all-star teammates are driving people movers... should be the last one speaking out on racism and being oppressed.
absolute nonsense except for at
Simmons25 wrote:
toshiro_mifune wrote:
Simmons25 wrote:
...as I said earlier Simmons has hitched his wagon to a guy in Australia that is one of the most divisive and disliked people in the country. When you understand who this guy is... you will understand why Simmons suddenly claiming to be racially profiled has people wondering what this guy's end game is.


Are you referring to 2014 Australian of the year Adam Goodes? yeah, super divisive guy. :crazy: you know who doesn’t like him? racist pricks. and you definitely sound like one of those mate.


Ok lets go there considering you just called me a racist. Lets talk about actual FACTS about Adam Goodes and why people like you, Adam Goodes and Ben Simmons are race baiters.

Lets tell our American friends the real story and it will give you an idea of why so many people over here despise Goodes and are now against Ben.

At the end you will see why this has everything to do with Ben Simmons.

1. Adam Goodes was a champion AFL footballer as many of our black indigenous footballers are. My 2 favorite players in my team are WIllie Rioli and Liam Ryan... who are 2 of only 4 players in our team of 22 that are black. oh yeah I am a racist I forgot. Indigenous players are probably the most loved players in our game because of the skill and magic they bring that no other white players seem to be able to. To suggest Australians are racist against blacks is absolutely ridiculous. A racist person hates a person of color all the time because of the color of their skin not just some of the time.

2. Adam Goodes was divisive. He would regularly try and slide in and injure players. In fact the AFL had to actually bring in a new rule because of him to stop an opponent having their legs broken. He also feigns for free kicks... all the damn time which is one of the blights on our game and angers opposition crowds and players. He is the equivalent of Chris Paul mixed with a thug like Ron Artest. Opposition fans hate him as a result and he gets booed. Remember this later on when we talk about booing.





3. In 2013 Goodes was the victim of a racial slur from a member of the crowd. In the middle of the game Goodes stopped and got the attention of a security guard and pointed out the person in the crowd that called him "An A*e". He absolutely 100% did the right thing... there is zero tolerance on racism at games and people are banned and lose memberships over it. Goodes was perfectly correct to call it out.

Here is the problem. The person he called out was a 12 year old girl. Now again I had no problem with it but some people did. The problem people had is that this 12 year old girl was dragged through the media and newspapers and labelled "The Face of Racism." This girl ended up suffering horrendous bullying and mental issues as you can imagine. Someone that age is not equipped to go through what she did. People rightfully claimed that if she had murdered someone as a 12 year old her identity would be protected as she is a minor... but she calls someone a word and she is strung up for all to see. This turned people further against Goodes whether rightfully or not. Personally I had no problem with what he did but lots did which I can understand.

4. In 2014 not long after this racism furore happened.... Adam Goodes was awarded the "Australian of the Year" award completely out of nowhere. The award usually went to Scientists and Doctors. Only 2 athletes have ever won... Steve Waugh and Pat Rafter who represented Australia internationally and had long careers. Goodes had done nothing even close to resembling their achievements... and people rightfully saw this as a politically motivated move. It also didn't help that the guy that was his equal if not better in football achievements Shane Crawford was one of the favorites to win after his efforts in fund raising for breast cancer by cycling the equivalent of the West to East coast of US. He was beaten out by a guy who called out a 12 year old for racism. That's how people saw it... and it wasn't a popular decision. Goodes though was very humble and accepting in his Australian of the Year speech which was great.

5. Here is where it started all going really downhill for Goodes. A few months after that controversial Australian of the Year award Goodes was invited to the viewing of a "documentary" created by John Pilger called "Utopia" which was supposed to about aboriginal life. If you don't know who John Pilger is... he is an extremist left wing journalist who claims to be Australian but hasn't lived in Australia for over 50 years. He thrives off racism narratives and spends all his time being critical of Australia, the UK and US. The guy literally knows nothing about Australia but decided to do this documentary anyway because racism is right up his alley.

The documentary was roundly criticized by some of the very aboriginal people that were interviewed in the movie claiming that he had removed anything positive that these aboriginal people had to say about white Australians... and it was obvious that this documentary was completely one sided and a propaganda piece.

Well Adam Goodes saw this documentary not long after being controversially named "Australian of the Year"... so he decided to publish an article in a major newspaper. You see only 4,000 people bothered to turn up to watch this trash at the cinemas... and that highly offended Goodes who by now was well and truly red pilled and furious and full of hate.

Goodes in this article basically told all Australians that by not turning up to watch this propaganda piece we had all " benefited most from those rapes, those killings and that theft and then turn away in disgust when someone seeks to expose it".

As you can imagine this didn't make him popular given what had previously taken place... and was highly insulting to a nation where most people came here in the 1950's and 1960's from Europe with barely a dollar to their names and had not profited in any way from something that happened over 200 years ago. They saw it as an attack on Australians by a guy that was given an Australian of the Year award he didn't deserve.

6. Now lets jump the next year to 2015 knowing what we know about Adam Goodes. In a game against Carlton Adam Goodes decided in the middle of a game after kicking a goal to do a "War cry dance". For people that just assume this a regular thing it's not. He ran over to a section of opposition supporters after kicking a goal and effectively antagonized them by pretending to throw a spear at them in an act of war. His supporters claim it was a "celebration" but a celebration would have been done towards his own supporters. This was done purely to be antagonistic because he was being booed. Of course every time he touches the ball he gets booed more because that's what crowds do with someone they don't like. In fact players get booed in AFL games all the time... whether they are black or white... and it's mainly if they are dirty players like Goodes is.

As the announcers says in the video... he looked for a reaction from the crowd and from now on the crowd knows they can put him off his game by booing him.



7. Now lets go later on towards the end of that year in 2015... when his team came to Perth to play my team the Eagles. The Eagles have been for years renowned for their booing... WELL before any of this happened. Unlike in Melbourne where there are 10 teams and games can have 50/50 supporters in the crowd at Eagles games in Perth they are 99% Eagles supporters so they are vocal and loud and boo any decision that goes against them.

Well this is the game where the s#@t really hit the fan. Goodes is exactly the sort of player Eagles fans have been booing for years... and today was no different. You can see though in the video clearly that Adam Goodes has pushed his opponent fair square in the back and then kicked a goal. It should have been a blatant free kick to the Eagles which wasn't awarded... so of course the crowd booed. What happened next is that an aboriginal teammate of Goodes by the name of Lewis Jetta... after he had kicked a goal went over to Eagles supporters and did the same "war dance" by throwing a spear at the crowd... and adding an extra "up yours" at the end. Rather ironically Lewis Jetta ended up a few years later asking for a trade to play for the Eagles and is one of their favorite players :lol:



Anyway whatever.... all part of the game... but lets face it you are going to do that you are going to antagonize the crowd into booing you. Nobody thought anything of it at the time. Not the people at the ground.... and none of the commentators throughout at the game as you can hear and see in the video below. This was just something that has happened 1000 times before at games.

It was only AFTER the game had ended that Adam Goodes had decided he would pull out the race card and decided they were booing him... because he was black. :noway: (Kinda like Ben decided asking him for ID was because he was black)

Now it became political. Most people saw it for exactly what it was... nothing to do with racism. Slowly slowly though the pressure of political correctness went on and the AFL and in fact the Eagles themselves were forced to put out statements saying that racism is not tolerated. They claimed that anyone who boos Adam Goodes is a racist (Booing white people ok though)

This angered everyone because they knew that the booing was part of the game and nothing to do with his skin color. You had a small section of the football media that decided it was racism and thrived off that and kept pushing the narrative but they were in the minority. Of course you had left wing journo's pushing the racism narrative because they feed off this stuff... but the overwhelming view was none of it was racial.

Anyway thankfully Goodes was at the end of his career and retired at the end of 2015... and people were not sorry to see him go.

Now fast forward to 2019 and a new documentary was released on Adam Goodes... and of course they played up the racism angle entirely. They even went so far as to ridiculously claim he retired prematurely because of the racism he apparently faced. They effectively have managed to re-write history retrospectively to claim he was a victim of racism his entire career when he was not.

For the record he had played 16 years... was 36 years old... and could barely run on the spot anymore and was one of the main reasons for his frustration on the field with kicking and kneeing people... not racism. To give you an idea... Goodes played until he was 36. Only 3 players in the entire history of my club has been able to get to the age of 33 before having to retire. To say Goodes could have played another 2 years if not for racism is just some of the absolute rubbish that is spewed in these documentaries and by a small portion of social justice warriors.

As for why Ben Simmons important in all of this? Ben has produced and funded a documentary that is due for release in Australia in 11 days.... and it is about Adam Goodes. No doubt you know exactly what it is going to be about... and is going to push this narrative about the racism. He is going to make a documentary pushing a narrative of racism against a player who 80% of Australia believed was not a victim of racism. If you reckon Ben copped bad publicity a week ago... wait for what is coming up in 2 weeks time.

Now we have Ben in Australia... in a casino falsely claiming he was the victim of racial profiling. It doesn't take Einstein to know where Ben's head is at and why he was desperately looking for ways to be a victim of racism in Australia whether knowingly or unknowingly.

Absolute nonsense except for Goodes being crocked at the end of his career as people at that age usually are as you say. I also think and have said there is little or no prejudice against Afro-Americans, and Afro-American athletes in particular, in Australia, and to assume there is because people here look similar to those in places where such prejudice is prevalent is drawing a long bow. Not as long a bow as saying there hasn’t been and isn’t against indigenous Australians however.

The 13 year old girl looked far from 13 particularly from a distance, and ironically all this recent anti- Simmons stuff is predicated on Simmons having a baby face despite it being medically impossible to have his physique at age 17. Goodes as soon as he realised she was 13 withdrew criticism of her personally,

Please show evidence that Goodes ever injured anyone from the play you claim was his habit in his long career, or that Goodes himself or his team in general benefited from playing for free kicks; i await the latter with bated breath. Come to think of it you are also correct about the game being blighted by teams playing for free kicks and inconsistent rules and umpiring, to the extent that my father who is likely rather more informed than you are can no longer stand watching the sport at all; your problem is that Goodes’ team was almost always far from the beneficiary of same.

In any case I am happy not to post on this forum after the completion of this discussion; I make no pretence to being primarily a Philly fan although I like the city. As it happens I started following the team because they signed Simmons, but in the season he didn’t play, and Embiid is both my favourite Sixers player and pretty much my favourite player in the NBA, and I actually agree Simmons shooting flaw is a close to fatal one for the team as currently constructed, but this does not make all the cod psychology about Simmons and previously about Fultz any less nonsensical.
BigRedDog
Sophomore
Posts: 158
And1: 88
Joined: Jul 21, 2019
 

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part III 

Post#960 » by BigRedDog » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:03 am

Slowly backs out of thread...

Return to Philadelphia 76ers