...as I said earlier Simmons has hitched his wagon to a guy in Australia that is one of the most divisive and disliked people in the country. When you understand who this guy is... you will understand why Simmons suddenly claiming to be racially profiled has people wondering what this guy's end game is.
Are you referring to 2014 Australian of the year Adam Goodes? yeah, super divisive guy.
you know who doesn’t like him? racist pricks. and you definitely sound like one of those mate.
Ok lets go there considering you just called me a racist. Lets talk about actual FACTS about Adam Goodes and why people like you, Adam Goodes and Ben Simmons are race baiters.
Lets tell our American friends the real story and it will give you an idea of why so many people over here despise Goodes and are now against Ben.
At the end you will see why this has everything to do with Ben Simmons.
1. Adam Goodes was a champion AFL footballer as many of our black indigenous footballers are. My 2 favorite players in my team are WIllie Rioli and Liam Ryan... who are 2 of only 4 players in our team of 22 that are black. oh yeah I am a racist I forgot. Indigenous players are probably the most loved players in our game because of the skill and magic they bring that no other white players seem to be able to. To suggest Australians are racist against blacks is absolutely ridiculous. A racist person hates a person of color all the time because of the color of their skin not just some of the time.
2. Adam Goodes was divisive. He would regularly try and slide in and injure players. In fact the AFL had to actually bring in a new rule because of him to stop an opponent having their legs broken. He also feigns for free kicks... all the damn time which is one of the blights on our game and angers opposition crowds and players. He is the equivalent of Chris Paul mixed with a thug like Ron Artest. Opposition fans hate him as a result and he gets booed. Remember this later on when we talk about booing.
3. In 2013 Goodes was the victim of a racial slur from a member of the crowd. In the middle of the game Goodes stopped and got the attention of a security guard and pointed out the person in the crowd that called him "An A*e". He absolutely 100% did the right thing... there is zero tolerance on racism at games and people are banned and lose memberships over it. Goodes was perfectly correct to call it out.
Here is the problem. The person he called out was a 12 year old girl. Now again I had no problem with it but some people did. The problem people had is that this 12 year old girl was dragged through the media and newspapers and labelled "The Face of Racism." This girl ended up suffering horrendous bullying and mental issues as you can imagine. Someone that age is not equipped to go through what she did. People rightfully claimed that if she had murdered someone as a 12 year old her identity would be protected as she is a minor... but she calls someone a word and she is strung up for all to see. This turned people further against Goodes whether rightfully or not. Personally I had no problem with what he did but lots did which I can understand.
4. In 2014 not long after this racism furore happened.... Adam Goodes was awarded the "Australian of the Year" award completely out of nowhere. The award usually went to Scientists and Doctors. Only 2 athletes have ever won... Steve Waugh and Pat Rafter who represented Australia internationally and had long careers. Goodes had done nothing even close to resembling their achievements... and people rightfully saw this as a politically motivated move. It also didn't help that the guy that was his equal if not better in football achievements Shane Crawford was one of the favorites to win after his efforts in fund raising for breast cancer by cycling the equivalent of the West to East coast of US. He was beaten out by a guy who called out a 12 year old for racism. That's how people saw it... and it wasn't a popular decision. Goodes though was very humble and accepting in his Australian of the Year speech which was great.
5. Here is where it started all going really downhill for Goodes. A few months after that controversial Australian of the Year award Goodes was invited to the viewing of a "documentary" created by John Pilger called "Utopia" which was supposed to about aboriginal life. If you don't know who John Pilger is... he is an extremist left wing journalist who claims to be Australian but hasn't lived in Australia for over 50 years. He thrives off racism narratives and spends all his time being critical of Australia, the UK and US. The guy literally knows nothing about Australia but decided to do this documentary anyway because racism is right up his alley.
The documentary was roundly criticized by some of the very aboriginal people that were interviewed in the movie claiming that he had removed anything positive that these aboriginal people had to say about white Australians... and it was obvious that this documentary was completely one sided and a propaganda piece.
Well Adam Goodes saw this documentary not long after being controversially named "Australian of the Year"... so he decided to publish an article in a major newspaper. You see only 4,000 people bothered to turn up to watch this trash at the cinemas... and that highly offended Goodes who by now was well and truly red pilled and furious and full of hate.
Goodes in this article basically told all Australians that by not turning up to watch this propaganda piece we had all " benefited most from those rapes, those killings and that theft and then turn away in disgust when someone seeks to expose it".
As you can imagine this didn't make him popular given what had previously taken place... and was highly insulting to a nation where most people came here in the 1950's and 1960's from Europe with barely a dollar to their names and had not profited in any way from something that happened over 200 years ago. They saw it as an attack on Australians by a guy that was given an Australian of the Year award he didn't deserve.
6. Now lets jump the next year to 2015 knowing what we know about Adam Goodes. In a game against Carlton Adam Goodes decided in the middle of a game after kicking a goal to do a "War cry dance". For people that just assume this a regular thing it's not. He ran over to a section of opposition supporters after kicking a goal and effectively antagonized them by pretending to throw a spear at them in an act of war. His supporters claim it was a "celebration" but a celebration would have been done towards his own supporters. This was done purely to be antagonistic because he was being booed. Of course every time he touches the ball he gets booed more because that's what crowds do with someone they don't like. In fact players get booed in AFL games all the time... whether they are black or white... and it's mainly if they are dirty players like Goodes is.
As the announcers says in the video... he looked for a reaction from the crowd and from now on the crowd knows they can put him off his game by booing him.
7. Now lets go later on towards the end of that year in 2015... when his team came to Perth to play my team the Eagles. The Eagles have been for years renowned for their booing... WELL before any of this happened. Unlike in Melbourne where there are 10 teams and games can have 50/50 supporters in the crowd at Eagles games in Perth they are 99% Eagles supporters so they are vocal and loud and boo any decision that goes against them.
Well this is the game where the s#@t really hit the fan. Goodes is exactly the sort of player Eagles fans have been booing for years... and today was no different. You can see though in the video clearly that Adam Goodes has pushed his opponent fair square in the back and then kicked a goal. It should have been a blatant free kick to the Eagles which wasn't awarded... so of course the crowd booed. What happened next is that an aboriginal teammate of Goodes by the name of Lewis Jetta... after he had kicked a goal went over to Eagles supporters and did the same "war dance" by throwing a spear at the crowd... and adding an extra "up yours" at the end. Rather ironically Lewis Jetta ended up a few years later asking for a trade to play for the Eagles and is one of their favorite players
Anyway whatever.... all part of the game... but lets face it you are going to do that you are going to antagonize the crowd into booing you. Nobody thought anything of it at the time. Not the people at the ground.... and none of the commentators throughout at the game as you can hear and see in the video below. This was just something that has happened 1000 times before at games.
It was only AFTER the game had ended that Adam Goodes had decided he would pull out the race card and decided they were booing him... because he was black.
(Kinda like Ben decided asking him for ID was because he was black)
Now it became political. Most people saw it for exactly what it was... nothing to do with racism. Slowly slowly though the pressure of political correctness went on and the AFL and in fact the Eagles themselves were forced to put out statements saying that racism is not tolerated. They claimed that anyone who boos Adam Goodes is a racist (Booing white people ok though)
This angered everyone because they knew that the booing was part of the game and nothing to do with his skin color. You had a small section of the football media that decided it was racism and thrived off that and kept pushing the narrative but they were in the minority. Of course you had left wing journo's pushing the racism narrative because they feed off this stuff... but the overwhelming view was none of it was racial.
Anyway thankfully Goodes was at the end of his career and retired at the end of 2015... and people were not sorry to see him go.
Now fast forward to 2019 and a new documentary was released on Adam Goodes... and of course they played up the racism angle entirely. They even went so far as to ridiculously claim he retired prematurely because of the racism he apparently faced. They effectively have managed to re-write history retrospectively to claim he was a victim of racism his entire career when he was not.
For the record he had played 16 years... was 36 years old... and could barely run on the spot anymore and was one of the main reasons for his frustration on the field with kicking and kneeing people... not racism. To give you an idea... Goodes played until he was 36. Only 3 players in the entire history of my club has been able to get to the age of 33 before having to retire. To say Goodes could have played another 2 years if not for racism is just some of the absolute rubbish that is spewed in these documentaries and by a small portion of social justice warriors.
As for why Ben Simmons important in all of this? Ben has produced and funded a documentary that is due for release in Australia in 11 days.... and it is about Adam Goodes. No doubt you know exactly what it is going to be about... and is going to push this narrative about the racism. He is going to make a documentary pushing a narrative of racism against a player who 80% of Australia believed was not a victim of racism. If you reckon Ben copped bad publicity a week ago... wait for what is coming up in 2 weeks time.
Now we have Ben in Australia... in a casino falsely claiming he was the victim of racial profiling. It doesn't take Einstein to know where Ben's head is at and why he was desperately looking for ways to be a victim of racism in Australia whether knowingly or unknowingly.