Northern Expedition: Raptors at Sixers Game 3 8:00 TNT 

Post#1 » by ducler » Thu May 2, 2019 5:02 pm

Read on Twitter
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,592

Re: Northern Expedition: Raptors at Sixers Game 3 8:00 TNT 

Post#2 » by sixerswillrule » Thu May 2, 2019 6:02 pm

Isn't it a southern expedition for Toronto?
cool93
Analyst
And1: 1,992

Post#3 » by cool93 » Thu May 2, 2019 6:50 pm

It's probably a stupid thing to say, but I feel like whoever wins this game will win the series

Sent from my G3416 using RealGM mobile app
AI_Efficiency
Sixth Man
And1: 703

Post#4 » by AI_Efficiency » Thu May 2, 2019 7:06 pm

Do we know whether Mike Scott will play?
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,745

Post#5 » by Negrodamus » Thu May 2, 2019 7:07 pm

cool93 wrote:It's probably a stupid thing to say, but I feel like whoever wins this game will win the series

You could be right. I'm hoping that the Sixers don't rest on their laurels based on the adjustments they made last games. Toronto will likely change their look up tonight, so I hope Brown is proactive in his approach to this one.
MixCloud
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#6 » by MixCloud » Thu May 2, 2019 7:07 pm

I'm expecting an easy win here Embiid should be feeling a lot better and we're playing at home.
MixCloud
Ballboy

Post#7 » by MixCloud » Thu May 2, 2019 7:09 pm

cool93 wrote:It's probably a stupid thing to say, but I feel like whoever wins this game will win the series

I heard on the radio that whoever wins the third game wins the series 74% of the time so it's very smart actually
MixCloud
Ballboy

Post#8 » by MixCloud » Thu May 2, 2019 7:12 pm

Anyone else surprised how bad Toronto's bench is? Serge ibaka & Fred Van vleet are absolutely horrible. if Mike Scott comes back the rest of the series we actually have the advantage in the starting five and the bench.
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,536

Post#9 » by SixthStreet » Thu May 2, 2019 7:57 pm

I hope Brett has thought about his counter to Nurse putting Kawhi on Butler. Butler is good enough to get some buckets against Kawhi but he's not going to go off on him. It wouldn't impact defensive matchups that much for them as they'd just switch Kawhi and Green's assignments. Or put Green on Harris and Siakam on Simmons. Lot of options for them around moving Kawhi to Butler.

I just don't see Simmons being a high usage offensive player in this series even if he sees someone other than Leonard.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#10 » by LloydFree » Thu May 2, 2019 8:04 pm

SixthStreet wrote:I hope Brett has thought about his counter to Nurse putting Kawhi on Butler. Butler is good enough to get some buckets against Kawhi but he's not going to go off on him. It wouldn't impact defensive matchups that much for them as they'd just switch Kawhi and Green's assignments. Or put Green on Harris and Siakam on Simmons. Lot of options for them around moving Kawhi to Butler.

I just don't see Simmons being a high usage offensive player in this series even if he sees someone other than Leonard.

Unless it's at the end of the game and Butler is running the Point, it's silly to waste Kawhi Leonard on Butler. He isn't the the kind of offensive player teams worry about.
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,536

Post#11 » by SixthStreet » Thu May 2, 2019 8:10 pm

LloydFree wrote:
SixthStreet wrote:I hope Brett has thought about his counter to Nurse putting Kawhi on Butler. Butler is good enough to get some buckets against Kawhi but he's not going to go off on him. It wouldn't impact defensive matchups that much for them as they'd just switch Kawhi and Green's assignments. Or put Green on Harris and Siakam on Simmons. Lot of options for them around moving Kawhi to Butler.

Unless it's at the end of the game and Butler is running the Point, it's silly to waste Kawhi Leonard on Butler. He isn't the the kind of offensive player teams worry about.

It's even more wasteful to use him on an objectively poor halfcourt offensive player in Simmons. Butler is better than Simmons in the halfcourt. That almost indisputable. And they have credible defenders to use on Simmons anyways.

I'm sure it's going to happen tonight.
fl311
Senior
And1: 1,182

Post#12 » by fl311 » Thu May 2, 2019 8:29 pm

SixthStreet wrote:
LloydFree wrote:

It's even more wasteful to use him on an objectively poor halfcourt offensive player in Simmons. Butler is better than Simmons in the halfcourt. That almost indisputable. And they have credible defenders to use on Simmons anyways.

The advantage of putting Kawhi on Ben is about limiting Ben's driving and conserving energy for Kawhi. If you put him on Butler, that leaves Danny Green to cover Ben and he will drive on him all game.
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#13 » by truth18 » Thu May 2, 2019 8:50 pm

I will be sitting courtside behind Meek across from the Raptors bench. Gucci leather jacket, big afro, in all black everything.

If anyone wants to grab a beer at the half I will buy. PM me or reply to this post.
YOU LOSE
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#14 » by LloydFree » Thu May 2, 2019 8:53 pm

SixthStreet wrote:
LloydFree wrote:

I'm very sure Brett Brown and the 76ers will do cartwheels if the adjustment Toronto chooses to make is having Kawhi Leonard stay off Ben Simmons and to shadow Jimmy Butler.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 522

Post#15 » by PhillyPhilly » Thu May 2, 2019 11:04 pm

Mike Scott has confirmed that he's playing tonight and hopefully Monroe is ready too. Scott, Ennis and Monroe with a little Bolden mixed in? Bench production could be key again tonight. Whatever the Raps do is their business, we just need two of our big four to match Kawhi and Siakam's scores tonight and then things will be very interesting.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,731

Post#16 » by Mik317 » Thu May 2, 2019 11:44 pm

i just hope we keep fighting and not lay down like we did in game 1. The Raptors missed a lot of open looks; can't expect that to continue so ideally one of the guys playing like poop on offense also return to form to make up for that.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 522

Post#17 » by PhillyPhilly » Thu May 2, 2019 11:51 pm

All I keep hearing is "the raps missed a lot of open looks", but no-one mentions how we turned the ball over twenty times. They don't get those "looks" without the turnovers.
MixCloud
Ballboy

Post#18 » by MixCloud » Thu May 2, 2019 11:55 pm

PhillyPhilly wrote:All I keep hearing is "the raps missed a lot of open looks", but no-one mentions how we turned the ball over twenty times. They don't get those "looks" without the turnovers.

National media clearly pulling for Toronto
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,731

Post#19 » by Mik317 » Fri May 3, 2019 12:04 am

PhillyPhilly wrote:All I keep hearing is "the raps missed a lot of open looks", but no-one mentions how we turned the ball over twenty times. They don't get those "looks" without the turnovers.

i mean we turn the ball over a lot in general. we pass the ball a lot looking for the best looks...and Toronto have long dudes who get deflections...

its gonna happen.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
phiphan
Head Coach
And1: 2,331

Post#20 » by phiphan » Fri May 3, 2019 12:07 am

I love the Van Gundy / Jackson team. I don't care who judges me.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers