ImageImageImage

Northern Expedition: Sixers @ Raptors Game 5

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,853

Re: Northern Expedition: Sixers @ Raptors Game 5 

Post#481 » by Mik317 » Wed May 8, 2019 3:51 am

my hope is that fixing the bench so that Greg Monroe and James Ennis aren't the cavalry will help a lot if they decide to run it back. Getting a backup center capable of not **** himself at the thought of defending the rim and a PG who isn't alergic to shooting and also is not a midget alone will help. If Ben and Embiid are going to continue to not shoot or shoot like dookie balls, then having more than two actual shooters on the roster will also help. James Ennis hitting those 3s were fools gold and Mike Scott is too streaky. EVERYONE on the roster next year needs to be someone defenses can't leave alone. That way if Ben still is a bitch about shooting, he can get his five out lineups. And it will be harder to double team Embiid

but that is a pipe dream..because after capping out that will require us to hit on draft picks probably...and we all know whoever we draft next year is getting struck by lightning sooooooo.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
FlyingArrow
Starter
And1: 1,432

Post#482 » by FlyingArrow » Wed May 8, 2019 3:54 am

the_process wrote:I think this is the part many take issue with. This team is not that close to true contention right now.

Golden State breaks up this year. We're right up there with Houston, Toronto, and Milwaukee in the next tier. We might be a notch below them, but we have areas where we can have a lot of growth (crosses fingers):

* The big-4 still doesn't have that many games together. The more they play together, the better they'll get together.
* Embiid is easily top 10, arguably top 5 right now. (Probably not top 5 but some people argue he is.) He has the potential to be the best in the league. Will he ever do that? Dunno, but if he does we contend even if the other 3 stay where they are.
* Ben's can't shoot. He's top 20 anyway. If he learns to shoot, he's easily top 10 and maybe top 5. We contend even if the other 3 stay where they are and Jimmy has a natural decline due to age.

There are other options than signing Jimmy and Tobias, but if neither Joel nor Ben take that next step, all the other paths end up about the same, too, imo. We can let Tobias and Jimmy walk and *maybe* replace their production for less money. But we aren't going to get better production than them. The only thing that would happen is that we could end up with the same level of production for less money... saving the owner's money. And if the contracts aren't so bad maybe we can start the rebuild a year or two earlier. On the other hand, if Jimmy and Tobias walk we may never compete at all because all we have is Ben and Joel and "etc.". Jimmy and Tobias = bird in the hand.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#483 » by Tomjas » Wed May 8, 2019 3:54 am

the_process wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:
nrok10307 wrote:Giving out max contracts to non-max players is how you become perennial second round exits. EB has some tough decisions this summer that can have some long lasting consequences over the next 5 years.

Not if you're capped anyway and the ownership will pay the bill. If you are not a contender and you give a max contract to a non-max player, you're capped and you can't get a true max player. That's the situation that is normal throughout the league. True max players - probably no more than 20 or so. Others will get max money and force their teams into mediocrity. But if you already have a true max player (or 2... or 3), then you aren't going to get another one in free agency. What you can do is draft well, sign the occasional ring hunter to a minimum contract, use the MLE to get the best you can, and pay what is necessary to keep the best talent you have on your roster. This is the last year where we can choose whether to be capped or not... when we have to pay Ben we won't have a choice anymore. I laid out the 3 options above. We can go below the cap by renouncing everyone and maybe strike out chasing another max player. We either (a) "win" and get a max player+terrible bench or (b) we miss out and have just Ben+Joel+a decent bench. Or (c) the owners spend the big bucks and we are a capped team for the next 5 years but we legitimately compete for a championship for at least 3 of them.

I think this is the part many take issue with. This team is not that close to true contention right now.

Of course we are

This series isn’t a true reflection when you consider that Embiid has largely been a passenger bar one game

How many times in his entire career has he been kept to less than 10 shots in a game when playing reasonable minutes?

The guy has had 3 in this series alone as he’s struggling to get around
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,240

Post#484 » by djsunyc » Wed May 8, 2019 3:54 am

the_process wrote:
76ciology wrote:Ben for Devin Booker, Mikal and their first.

PHX doesn't do that.

This FO should be kicking themselves hard for passing on trading Ben for Kawhi.

offer ben for anthony davis. and re-sign butler and another pg via the MLE.
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#485 » by XDevilBoiX » Wed May 8, 2019 3:55 am

AirP. wrote:
76ciology wrote:The way I see it and this is just a hunch..

Ben doesnt want to defer in his role and change his game. That means he wants the ball in his hands. Not on jimmy’s. He wants to play with spot up shooters like dario and roco type players.

Even if he can shoot. He wouldnt want to give up the ball. You think he would? I dont think so.

He’s DNA is a facilitator. Not a scorer.

Right, but letting Butler walk(he may walk anyways) will really hurt this franchise. Keeping Butler and moving Simmons(and getting a good haul) could make this team much better then it is now.

The gamble, Embiid and his health, if it goes south the haul for Simmons will be your new future. Also, just throwing this out... Kyrie did mention Minnesota(because of his friendship with Butler) was a destination he wanted to be traded to from Cleveland, so it's possible Kyrie would still want to team up with Butler.

I’ve mentioned this before, trade Ben for whatever we can get(a sg maybe?) and max Kyrie to be the pg. Resign Jimmy to a max then the big 3 will be Embiid, Jimmy and Kyrie. Not sure if Tobias can be resign but who cares as he’s not deserving of a max.

If we give Ben the max and he doesn’t work on his jumpers and free throws then it might be a bad contract next to Wiggins.
James40
Veteran
And1: 1,048

Post#486 » by James40 » Wed May 8, 2019 4:01 am

The issue with keeping Simmons too long is if he doesn’t show up with some sort of a jumper next season, you’ll never be able to trade him, and he’ll always be a liability in the playoffs when teams actually play defense. I would of been happy if the Sixers dumped Fultz year one and not waited around, hopefully they won’t wait too long on Simmons. If he isn’t shooting 350-400 jumpers per day by August, boot him.

Tobias is the tough one, again when the Sixers get nothing from Reddick, Embiid, or Simmons, it kind of exposes him. He’s not a Butler or Embiid, but he’s a good 3rd option, how much do you pay for that?
Mik317
RealGM

Post#487 » by Mik317 » Wed May 8, 2019 4:02 am

I stan Kyrie.

I love watching him play.

But why would you max him out when you are mad about Ben sucking in the playoffs...after the playoffs Kyrie has had?

also don't think thats possible
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#488 » by Simmons25 » Wed May 8, 2019 4:03 am

Mik317 wrote:
Simmons25 wrote:I'm getting sick of seeing Embiid always turning up on the court looking like Freddie Mercury in his last few days of being ravaged by AIDS.

We are beaten before we even step foot on the court with Joel out there putting it all on to show the world how sick he is. His body language is horrendous. I've had a gutful of him and Simmons playing like a turd. Put them both on the bench... start McConnell in the 2nd half and put Bolden at the 5. It couldn't be any worse.

Here comes captain save a ho.

Embiid has played like ass for sure. But he at least have an excuse.

:lol: :lol: Embiid has an excuse? Which one shall we pick from today.

1. He struggled because his diet is atrocious and consists of greasy food but he has to have SOME fun because he doesn't drink alcohol.
2. His immune system is down because he had his standard 3 jugs of Shirley Temples containing 500grams of sugar after feeling so good in the last game.
3. His immune system is so low because he has HIV.
4. He gets sick a lot because he visits lots of child care centres as part of his community work.
5. He got the flu from flying around in the cold air with his arms making plane noises and rubbing it in the Raptors face after finally showing up for a game.
6. Because playoffs aren't as fun as hanging out with Steph and Lebron at all-star weekend (Less parties)

Which excuse/s will it be this time. I dunno about you but I love seeing Embiid take the court looking like he will barely make an effort. Instils wonderful confidence in your teammates that you can win with your best player pretending to look depressed like Droopy Dog.

Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#489 » by Tomjas » Wed May 8, 2019 4:04 am

Mik317 wrote:I stan Kyrie.

I love watching him play.

But why would you max him out when you are mad about Ben sucking in the playoffs...after the playoffs Kyrie has had?

also don't think thats possible

People need to check out the Celtics board

They want Kyrie gone yesterday
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,903

Post#490 » by AirP. » Wed May 8, 2019 4:06 am

Read on Twitter
Mik317
RealGM

Post#491 » by Mik317 » Wed May 8, 2019 4:08 am

Simmons25 wrote:
Mik317 wrote:
Simmons25 wrote:I'm getting sick of seeing Embiid always turning up on the court looking like Freddie Mercury in his last few days of being ravaged by AIDS.

We are beaten before we even step foot on the court with Joel out there putting it all on to show the world how sick he is. His body language is horrendous. I've had a gutful of him and Simmons playing like a turd. Put them both on the bench... start McConnell in the 2nd half and put Bolden at the 5. It couldn't be any worse.

1. He struggled because his diet is atrocious and consists of greasy food but he has to have SOME fun because he doesn't drink alcohol.
2. His immune system is down because he had his standard 3 jugs of Shirley Temples containing 500grams of sugar after feeling so good in the last game.
4. He gets sick a lot because he visits lots of child care centres as part of his community work.
5. He got the flu from flying around in the cold air with his arms making plane noises and rubbing it in the Raptors face after finally showing up for a game.
6. Because playoffs aren't as fun as hanging out with Steph and Lebron at all-star weekend (Less parties)

Which excuse/s will it be this time. I dunno about you but I love seeing Embiid take the court looking like he will barely make an effort. Instils wonderful confidence in your teammates that you can win with your best player pretending to look depressed like Droopy Dog.

still better than Mr. I am afraid to do anything.

or let me guess that's Brett fault for taking the ball out of Mr. Imma PG who can't get past anyone?
EDITED. Com'on man. This is not okay here. Foshan.
This is on him as the best player to get past that and he needs to take his health and body waaaay more serious. HOWEVER, you and that other clown only swoop in to praise Ben or **** on Embiid and thats some lame ass ****.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#492 » by XDevilBoiX » Wed May 8, 2019 4:10 am

AirP. wrote:
Read on Twitter

Jimmy has been doing and saying all the right stuff. I hope he resigns here, we need more guys like him on this team
James40
Veteran

Post#493 » by James40 » Wed May 8, 2019 4:14 am

Tomjas wrote:
the_process wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:
Not if you're capped anyway and the ownership will pay the bill. If you are not a contender and you give a max contract to a non-max player, you're capped and you can't get a true max player. That's the situation that is normal throughout the league. True max players - probably no more than 20 or so. Others will get max money and force their teams into mediocrity. But if you already have a true max player (or 2... or 3), then you aren't going to get another one in free agency. What you can do is draft well, sign the occasional ring hunter to a minimum contract, use the MLE to get the best you can, and pay what is necessary to keep the best talent you have on your roster. This is the last year where we can choose whether to be capped or not... when we have to pay Ben we won't have a choice anymore. I laid out the 3 options above. We can go below the cap by renouncing everyone and maybe strike out chasing another max player. We either (a) "win" and get a max player+terrible bench or (b) we miss out and have just Ben+Joel+a decent bench. Or (c) the owners spend the big bucks and we are a capped team for the next 5 years but we legitimately compete for a championship for at least 3 of them.

I think this is the part many take issue with. This team is not that close to true contention right now.

Of course we are

This series isn’t a true reflection when you consider that Embiid has largely been a passenger bar one game

How many times in his entire career has he been kept to less than 10 shots in a game when playing reasonable minutes?

The guy has had 3 in this series alone as he’s struggling to get around

True but this is his 2nd playoffs, last year he was in a mask, this year it’s his knee, and being sick. The Sixers will truly be lucky if they get a healthy Embiid come playoff time twice in the next 4 years.

It’s something they have to account for, he can’t play as many minutes as he did this year during the regular season next year. If that means a real backup center, or a small lineup so be it.

He only played what 63 games??,, it’s not like a knee with arthritis is going to get better playing more.
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,678

Post#494 » by LordCovington33 » Wed May 8, 2019 4:16 am

Just finished watching the match. My god, we sucked (minus Butler). We need to show up for the next one to get momentum. Still a chance in game 7 if we play better, but it is painfully obvious that Ben does not have what it takes at playoff level against quality opposition. Extend him and then trade his sorry ass.This coming from a Aussie who cares more about my team than some cocky young punk.
James40
Veteran

Post#495 » by James40 » Wed May 8, 2019 4:17 am

Mik317 wrote:
Simmons25 wrote:
Mik317 wrote:

still better than Mr. I am afraid to do anything.

or let me guess that's Brett fault for taking the ball out of Mr. Imma PG who can't get past anyone?

All you do is suck Ben's cock.

Embiid played like hot donkey dick. This is on him as the best player to get past that and he needs to take his health and body waaaay more serious. HOWEVER, you and that other clown only swoop in to praise Ben or **** on Embiid and thats some lame ass ****.

Lol.

No one could defend Simmons tonight, not when he’s the PG, and Butler kept meeting him at half court and told him “ give me the damn ball jackass”.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,581

Post#496 » by 76ciology » Wed May 8, 2019 4:24 am

James40 wrote:The issue with keeping Simmons too long is if he doesn’t show up with some sort of a jumper next season, you’ll never be able to trade him, and he’ll always be a liability in the playoffs when teams actually play defense. I would of been happy if the Sixers dumped Fultz year one and not waited around, hopefully they won’t wait too long on Simmons. If he isn’t shooting 350-400 jumpers per day by August, boot him.

Tobias is the tough one, again when the Sixers get nothing from Reddick, Embiid, or Simmons, it kind of exposes him. He’s not a Butler or Embiid, but he’s a good 3rd option, how much do you pay for that?

With or without a jumper he wouldnt want to give up being a ball dominant guy.

I wouldnt put the entire program of this rebuild in ben’s hands.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,678

Post#497 » by LordCovington33 » Wed May 8, 2019 4:25 am

the_process wrote:
76ciology wrote:Ben for Devin Booker, Mikal and their first.

PHX doesn't do that.

This FO should be kicking themselves hard for passing on trading Ben for Kawhi.

Kawhi was coming off an injury so we did not know if he was good to go. Hindsight 2.0.

If you want to go down that path, Ainge must also be kicking himself for rejecting the Kyrie-Leonard trade (if reports are true). No surprise he got indigestion after watching Leonard light it up and Kyrie stinking.
canada_dry
Head Coach
And1: 5,290

Post#498 » by canada_dry » Wed May 8, 2019 4:36 am

Arsenal wrote:If Kawhi leaves for LA and therefore Raps rebuild, we need to get Masai Ujiri to be our GM. He's proven to know what he's doing and we need to replace the clown show we currently have masquerading as a front office.
Nah. Masai sticks around. He came up as a scout and hes lowkey always wanted to rebuild in Toronto but the team each year proved too good in the season to justify blowing it up. He'll finally get to do what he always wanted. He stay.

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
76ciology
RealGM

Post#499 » by 76ciology » Wed May 8, 2019 4:38 am

Read on Twitter

:lol: :lol:

:banghead: :banghead:
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#500 » by 76ciology » Wed May 8, 2019 4:39 am

I dont want masai. I just want Ben traded for some star guard. Not hard to do

Return to Philadelphia 76ers