ImageImageImage

Northern Expedition: Sixers @ Raptors Game 5

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 522

Re: Northern Expedition: Sixers @ Raptors Game 5 

Post#521 » by PhillyPhilly » Wed May 8, 2019 7:24 am

A lot of folks are emotional tonight and it's understandable. However when the dust settles from that embarrassment we just saw, we've got to look at things logically. This might be the best thing to happen to this team moving forward. Surely we must believe that having been a non factor in two playoff runs, that Ben will seek to do everything he can to improve his game? Surely we must believe that Joel will humble himself and look to both improve his game too and also take better care of himself physically? I know the temptation to tear everything down is strong right now, but just look the Bucks? They lost in the first round last year and are now on the verge of reaching the Eastern finals. Things can change quickly when we get a quality coach and though Brett has done some good things during these playoffs the fact is the Raps have kept us below a hundred points four times out of the five games, Where have the adjustments on offense been? Cause I can't see them.

I also have to say that JJ has been an absolute liability of late. Yes he'll score the odd 20 here and there but the fact is his lack of defense and inconsistent scoring has been detrimental to this team, period. Ben is a 22 year old kid who is still learning the game despite his early success. JJ is 35 years old, has been around the league for years and all he could muster was THREE f#cking points? The guys are gonna have to look at themselves In the mirror tonight and ask themselves if they really have the guts to go to war on Thursday night?!? Because the Raps did them dirty tonight, and they should be dying to get back on the court with them as soon as possible.

We've seen how good this team can be, what is clear though is Embiid's health issues just drag the whole team down, Ben's lack of a shot has killed our offense when you have your two guards combine for TEN points then you're not winning any game, let alone a playoff road game.

A better coach, a better SG, a competent bench, Joel getting a nutritionist and personal trainer and Ben coming back with some sort of jumper should all be the priority in the offseason. Yes we're all disappointed but this team has played 20 and won 15, including wins against Boston, Denver, Raps, Bucks, Indiana etc. And they CAN get better with more patience yall.
Kova
Veteran
And1: 709

Post#522 » by Kova » Wed May 8, 2019 7:59 am

The game of the season. The game that needs to prove why we traded Dario and Cov and the whole team for Butler and Harris. The game to achieve a better result than we got last season. And what we do? We lose by 40.

This was the most embarrassing 76ers game I have ever witnessed. Trash trash trash. And they deserve to be booed and trashed as soon as they left that gym.

Our two franchise players - Embiid 8 turnovers, Simmons 5 turnovers. Total 20 points. What do we even expect??!

What I'm most pissed about is that our whole season depends on whether Embiid picks up a f***ing virus in the week where we play conference semis and he is as fragile as a baby.

Is this over? Never say never, but likely yes. Raptors are flying after they took game 4 (which we also crapped). Our staff seems to have ran out of adjustments, and now it's just a matter of who tears us apart.. Kawhi, Siakam, Ibaka, Gasol, Green, Lowry, you name it.
Speaking of adjustments - one guy you never leave open is Danny Green. Out of 7 threes he took, 5 were totally uncontested. We cover everyone on a kick out but him. That is on coaches. Unacceptable.

All of the fuss and trades just to get one more game. We could have done this also with Dario and Cov. I'm so disappointed in everyone right now that I don't even want to start. Jimmy showed he is the only guy that is worth his contract.
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,629

Post#523 » by LordCovington33 » Wed May 8, 2019 8:10 am

Kova wrote:The game of the season. The game that needs to prove why we traded Dario and Cov and the whole team for Butler and Harris. The game to achieve a better result than we got last season. And what we do? We lose by 40.

This was the most embarrassing 76ers game I have ever witnessed. Trash trash trash. And they deserve to be booed and trashed as soon as they left that gym.

Our two franchise players - Embiid 8 turnovers, Simmons 5 turnovers. Total 20 points. What do we even expect??!

What I'm most pissed about is that our whole season depends on whether Embiid picks up a f***ing virus in the week where we play conference semis and he is as fragile as a baby.

Is this over? Never say never, but likely yes. Raptors are flying after they took game 4 (which we also crapped). Our staff seems to have ran out of adjustments, and now it's just a matter of who tears us apart.. Kawhi, Siakam, Ibaka, Gasol, Green, Lowry, you name it.
Speaking of adjustments - one guy you never leave open is Danny Green. Out of 7 threes he took, 5 were totally uncontested. We cover everyone on a kick out but him. That is on coaches. Unacceptable.

All of the fuss and trades just to get one more game. We could have done this also with Dario and Cov. I'm so disappointed in everyone right now that I don't even want to start. Jimmy showed he is the only guy that is worth his contract.

Jimmy has been our best player. Anybody who thinks he is not a star is a fool.
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant

Post#524 » by LordCovington33 » Wed May 8, 2019 8:13 am

Mik317 wrote:
Simmons25 wrote:
Mik317 wrote:
Here comes captain save a ho.

Embiid has played like ass for sure. But he at least have an excuse.

:lol: :lol: Embiid has an excuse? Which one shall we pick from today.

1. He struggled because his diet is atrocious and consists of greasy food but he has to have SOME fun because he doesn't drink alcohol.
2. His immune system is down because he had his standard 3 jugs of Shirley Temples containing 500grams of sugar after feeling so good in the last game.
3. His immune system is so low because he has HIV.
4. He gets sick a lot because he visits lots of child care centres as part of his community work.
5. He got the flu from flying around in the cold air with his arms making plane noises and rubbing it in the Raptors face after finally showing up for a game.
6. Because playoffs aren't as fun as hanging out with Steph and Lebron at all-star weekend (Less parties)

Which excuse/s will it be this time. I dunno about you but I love seeing Embiid take the court looking like he will barely make an effort. Instils wonderful confidence in your teammates that you can win with your best player pretending to look depressed like Droopy Dog.

still better than Mr. I am afraid to do anything.

or let me guess that's Brett fault for taking the ball out of Mr. Imma PG who can't get past anyone?

All you do is suck Ben's cock.

Embiid played like hot donkey dick. This is on him as the best player to get past that and he needs to take his health and body waaaay more serious. HOWEVER, you and that other clown only swoop in to praise Ben or **** on Embiid and thats some lame ass ****.

Since when has this sort of language become suitable? Unbelievable.
Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#525 » by Simmons25 » Wed May 8, 2019 8:15 am

Mik317 wrote:
Simmons25 wrote:
Mik317 wrote:
Here comes captain save a ho.

Embiid has played like ass for sure. But he at least have an excuse.

:lol: :lol: Embiid has an excuse? Which one shall we pick from today.

1. He struggled because his diet is atrocious and consists of greasy food but he has to have SOME fun because he doesn't drink alcohol.
2. His immune system is down because he had his standard 3 jugs of Shirley Temples containing 500grams of sugar after feeling so good in the last game.
3. His immune system is so low because he has HIV.
4. He gets sick a lot because he visits lots of child care centres as part of his community work.
5. He got the flu from flying around in the cold air with his arms making plane noises and rubbing it in the Raptors face after finally showing up for a game.
6. Because playoffs aren't as fun as hanging out with Steph and Lebron at all-star weekend (Less parties)

Which excuse/s will it be this time. I dunno about you but I love seeing Embiid take the court looking like he will barely make an effort. Instils wonderful confidence in your teammates that you can win with your best player pretending to look depressed like Droopy Dog.

still better than Mr. I am afraid to do anything.

or let me guess that's Brett fault for taking the ball out of Mr. Imma PG who can't get past anyone?

All you do is suck Ben's cock.

Embiid played like hot donkey dick. This is on him as the best player to get past that and he needs to take his health and body waaaay more serious. HOWEVER, you and that other clown only swoop in to praise Ben or **** on Embiid and thats some lame ass ****.

Yeah I love it how you guys completely ignore everytime I say Ben played like trash or how I said earlier today he should be benched for the first half and McConnell takes his place.

Talking of taking penises out of your mouth you've permanently got Embiid's in yours.

Your comment is part of the reason I don't come in here to post anymore. Can't say a damn thing about Embiid or anyone else without immediately having my view shut down because I'm "A ben stan". I've been as critical on Simmons as anyone else. Perhaps you keep getting me confused with the other Simmons homers in here.

End of the day this is Joel's team not Ben's team. Joel is the one getting max money. Joel is the one with the big mouth telling everyone how great he is and trolling opposition teams whenever we win. If he can't back it up because of all the stuff he then does off the court, damn right he should have people call him out.... not make excuses for him.
Kova
Veteran

Post#526 » by Kova » Wed May 8, 2019 8:15 am

LordCovington33 wrote:
Kova wrote:The game of the season. The game that needs to prove why we traded Dario and Cov and the whole team for Butler and Harris. The game to achieve a better result than we got last season. And what we do? We lose by 40.

If you read the whole thing you'd see that I said that he is the only guy worth the contract he has and is asking for.

But this is exactly what mid season trades do to you. This is what you get when you change the face of the whole team during the season. No chemistry when it matters the most. Raptors, they were building up to this and preparing for this the whole season.

Ok, I'm done ranting now, had to get some steam off. :)
Kova
Veteran

Post#527 » by Kova » Wed May 8, 2019 8:18 am

One more thing! We will never beat them with the slow pace we are playing. They have their defense set and are running whenever they get the opportunity. We don't run. Even when they turn the ball over, we wait for them to get back and set up. That shows lack of confidence and insecurity.

Now I'm done.
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant

Post#528 » by LordCovington33 » Wed May 8, 2019 8:19 am

Kova wrote:
LordCovington33 wrote:

If you read the whole thing you'd see that I said that he is the only guy worth the contract he has and is asking for.

But this is exactly what mid season trades do to you. This is what you get when you change the face of the whole team during the season. No chemistry when it matters the most. Raptors, they were building up to this and preparing for this the whole season.

Ok, I'm done ranting now, had to get some steam off. :)

Read the whole thing and responding to your point about how he is worth his contract. Agreed. Yet there are some who think he is a fake star.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,345

Post#529 » by 76ciology » Wed May 8, 2019 8:44 am

This is the most unwatchable game of the season. Garbage.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#530 » by Tomjas » Wed May 8, 2019 8:48 am

I know that people are disappointed but the writing was on the wall with this one

Game 4 was where we let it slip

The Raptors (Kawhi aside) didn’t play particularly well in that game and we lost it more than they won it

Everything went wrong in this game that possibly could have done - Joel being sick, early foul trouble, bounce of the ball

I have played sports at a high level and this is one of those occasions where you throw the game tape in the bin

Now comes down to man management

For example, the treatment of Embiid has been all wrong in the last 2 games

He’s obviously not well so don’t treat him as if he is just because he says that he’s ready to go

Far better to get 10-12 minutes of high impact from him than what we’ve seen in the past 2 games and structure the game plan around that
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#531 » by VDT » Wed May 8, 2019 9:17 am

To be honest that game was closer to how i expected the series would go.

Still i think the key is Embiid. If he is healthy and plays well we can win. If your best player plays like how he has played for most of the series there is not much you can do.
hookshot199
Analyst
And1: 723

Post#532 » by hookshot199 » Wed May 8, 2019 11:04 am

LordCovington33 wrote:Just finished watching the match. My god, we sucked (minus Butler). We need to show up for the next one to get momentum. Still a chance in game 7 if we play better, but it is painfully obvious that Ben does not have what it takes at playoff level against quality opposition. Extend him and then trade his sorry ass.This coming from a Aussie who cares more about my team than some cocky young punk.

It's happened before that a team gets disgraced and comes back and wins the next game. My mind is basically made up that Brown has to go unless we go on to win the series, which is unlikely but possible. If we win the series, it will be difficult for Josh Harris to fire him, but I also don't believe (as I've posted before) we can afford on-the-job training with this team.

Bottom line, since it relates to your comment: I don't believe that Ben will improve his game, the offensive part, with Brown coaching.

That's my biggest take of the series - Ben's unwillingness to attack the basket, more so than his unwillingness to shoot a short jump shot.

And whatever we saw last night, Josh Harris saw (seated with Dr. J) from the front row.

Second, the notion that Embiid was out partying or on drugs crossed a line in my opinion. I didn't file a complaint with the mods because I was too busy. But I don't think we should be slandering a young man in that way. Also, I thought the cameras zoomed in on Embiid's father in the stands in game three or game four.

Third, I think Embiid's weight, diet and training are an issue. One could argue that Allen Iverson's career was cut short because he didn't take care of himself with a proper diet and training regimen.

Fourth, I also believe that Ben needs to spend more time in the weight room so that he can finish strong around the basket. As things stand, he plays like a pansy-ass on offense, almost always looking to pass when he gets within five feet, rather than jam it.

Back to Brown's coaching: I didn't see him call any plays to get JJ some open looks. That's the sort of non-coaching I can't stand. Related: Embiid launching two times as many 3's as JJ.

Fifth, the number of turnovers was staggering, particularly by Ben and Embiid. But then we do rank 3rd or 4th in most turnovers per game. Coaching?!?!

Sixth, the bench: I was one who wanted Brown to suit up Zhair in case Toronto's quicker guards caused problems. They did last night. I also believe, despite getting good play out of Monroe in Game 2 (or was it Game 3?) that not having a legitimate backup for Embiid - and then running him into the ground - borders on professional negligence.

Anyway, I expect us to rebound and play with a sense of urgency. But if Ben won't attack the basket and finish strong around the basket, it will be to no avail. We will lose.
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant

Post#533 » by LordCovington33 » Wed May 8, 2019 11:11 am

76ciology wrote:This is the most unwatchable game of the season. Garbage.

I watched it again, just now. :banghead:
USWAY
Sixth Man
And1: 1,140

Post#534 » by USWAY » Wed May 8, 2019 11:17 am

downtownpie wrote:Embiid has failed in consecutive second round series. Horford last year and Gasol this year have owned in.

Everyone else is irrelevant. If he doesnt play well 6ers can't get the efc.

LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK
sasquatchBob
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,448

Post#535 » by sasquatchBob » Wed May 8, 2019 11:20 am

76ciology wrote:Ben for Devin Booker, Mikal and their first.

What planet are you living on mate?
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#536 » by Tomjas » Wed May 8, 2019 11:35 am

So many panic attacks

Check out other teams and then acknowledge that Simmons is 22 and Embiid is 25

Imagine being Lakers, OKC, Utah, Pacers, etc

Or Celtics lmao

You guys need to get a grip
Slacktard
RealGM
And1: 17,520

Post#537 » by Slacktard » Wed May 8, 2019 12:03 pm

One of the worst things for the future of the Sixers with their play in Game 4 & Game 5 is I think Kawhi has gone from like a 10% chance of staying in Toronto to maybe 50/50(or possibly better at this point).

Toronto looked like it would just have 1 year of this top status in the East, but thanks to awful play from the Sixers and a complete lack of effort across the board last night they've only increased chances Kawhi stays put.
PhillyFan11
Rookie
And1: 443

Post#538 » by PhillyFan11 » Wed May 8, 2019 12:43 pm

Tomjas wrote:So many panic attacks

Or Celtics lmao

Losing is losing and should never be accepted. We are in year 7 of “the process” and haven’t made it past the 2nd round of the playoffs. That’s flat out failure. If you choose to look at the bright side, good for you, but acting like you can’t imagine why people are upset is ridiculous. Especially when the team obviously quit and looked horrible.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,621

Post#539 » by Mik317 » Wed May 8, 2019 12:52 pm

7 years?

people really can't count
#NeverGonnaBeGood
James40
Veteran
And1: 1,048

Post#540 » by James40 » Wed May 8, 2019 12:53 pm

Tomjas wrote:So many panic attacks

Or Celtics lmao

I killed Simmons way too much last night, but this is the 2nd year he’s been in playoffs, he doesn’t want to or can’t shoot the ball, strange for a basketball player but whatever.

As I said when BB pulled him last night in the 4th, when Jimmy took the ball from him at half court he might as well had taken his lunch, Simmons had no idea what he was doing and he looked just like Fultz used to look w/o the ball, completely lost. No effort for a rebound, no cutting towards the rim, just standing around basically picking a wedgie. That’s when BB pulled him.

Reddick is more useless than Ben if he can’t get his shot going, at least Simmons is 6’10” and can play D if he feels like it. So there’s that.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers