ImageImageImage

The Final Countdown: Sixers vs. Raptors Game 6 - 8PM ET

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,528

Re: The Final Countdown: Sixers vs. Raptors Game 6 - 8PM ET 

Post#601 » by 76ciology » Fri May 10, 2019 5:00 am

BullyKing wrote:Brown made the adjustment after game 1 to have Embiid cover Siakem while daring the Raps to beat us with Tobias on Gasol. Nick RN has yet to come up with a response. The series is 3-3 even though Kawhi is playing out of his mind while our best player has been awful for half the series. Raptors have yet to figure out a way to exploit Redick on defense because Brown made the adjustment to have Redick make hard contests over picks to allow the other defender to recover and not have to switch. The Sixers bench has consistently outplayed the Raptors even though we have only two playable rotation players on the bench, one of whom was injured at the start of the series.

Didnt nurse countered it by going big with ibaka and gasol on the court at the same time? Didnt saw that tonight. Thats probably why they were badly outrebounded
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#602 » by truth18 » Fri May 10, 2019 7:39 am

I sat next to Embiid/Amir all night. Lots of info to relay:

Your team's full focus and dedication to winning this game was impressive to see up close during time outs and downtime. Redick, Simmons and Butler were locked in and constantly discussing minor things to clean up defensively or ideal ball movement on the next offensive play. They were digging into each other hard but with clear respect and marking up the dry erase board away from Brown/the huddle at various times all night. JJ was talking a mile a minute cursing out the refs, your other guys and everyone on the Raptors including Kawhi (who honestly looked shook that after that possession where Redick bodied him into passing it left to Siakam).

JJ was even coaching from the bench at times in the first. Butler was a leader all night with his play and in the second half became really vocal on the bench as well, pumping guys up, etc. Whatever my thoughts on him as a player have been, TJ McConnell is a really good cheerleader/bench guy. He got your team to stay hyped when they were up big and could have relaxed a bit and made lazy choices.

Seeing all of this made me pretty sad about my own Celtics honestly but the situation I was in didn't allow for much sadness, lol. Great night.

I probably have more info to relay but I can't recall it right now. Fun game (as always) and a great game to attend live/on the floor. Blew my Sixers fan friend's mind as well, lol, she was so freaked out when she saw how close the bench was.

I have lots of pictures too. If you want me to post any just lmk in a reply.

Enjoy game 7.
YOU LOSE
Kova
Veteran
And1: 711

Post#603 » by Kova » Fri May 10, 2019 7:39 am

Ok, that was fun. Thanks for getting us keep our nerves for game 7! :)

To advance to ECF would be amazing. I think we can do it with the same approach we had today! Embiid gets to rest more. I don't care if Jimmy and him play 48 minutes. We need them on the floor to have advantage.

Lets go Sixers!
hookshot199
Analyst
And1: 723

Post#604 » by hookshot199 » Fri May 10, 2019 11:37 am

sixers hoops wrote:
hookshot199 wrote:
BullyKing wrote:My condolences to those of you disappointed that the Sixers won so Brett gets to keep his job for another 48 hours.

Who are you referring to? I don't recall anyone posting that they wanted the Sixers to lose.

If you scroll through the last game thread, there were a few people who said losing would be worth it because at least we will get rid of Brett. Something to that effect

I generally don't look at the board until the morning after. Last night I took a peek before going to bed. So apart from being a great win, I was pleased to see that Ben stepped up after all the criticism he's taken, much of it deserved. We have a realistic chance to be playing in Milwaukee next week (knock on wood). I was annoyed by the chitchat of the announcers. Contrary to others on the forum, I usually feel that Donna Burke does a decent job. But last night she was truly annoying with her insipid suggestion that Nick Nurse pull his starters with more than seven minutes to go. Anyway, great win. Let's hope the basketball gods are with us on Sunday.
Kova
Veteran

Post#605 » by Kova » Fri May 10, 2019 12:00 pm

hookshot199 wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:
hookshot199 wrote:
Who are you referring to? I don't recall anyone posting that they wanted the Sixers to lose.

If you scroll through the last game thread, there were a few people who said losing would be worth it because at least we will get rid of Brett. Something to that effect

I generally don't look at the board until the morning after. Last night I took a peek before going to bed. So apart from being a great win, I was pleased to see that Ben stepped up after all the criticism he's taken, much of it deserved. We have a realistic chance to be playing in Milwaukee next week (knock on wood). I was annoyed by the chitchat of the announcers. Contrary to others on the forum, I usually feel that Donna Burke does a decent job. But last night she was truly annoying with her insipid suggestion that Nick Nurse pull his starters with more than seven minutes to go. Anyway, great win. Let's hope the basketball gods are with us on Sunday.

Donna Burke maybe.. But Doris Burke is annoying. :)
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,965

Post#606 » by ankle420breaker » Fri May 10, 2019 12:04 pm

Kova wrote:
hookshot199 wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:

Doris was so blatantly cheering on the Raptors the whole game. You'd think she has Marc Gasol posters hanging all over her bedroom walls.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,898

Post#607 » by mjkvol » Fri May 10, 2019 12:24 pm

truth18 wrote:I sat next to Embiid/Amir all night. Lots of info to relay:

Your team's full focus and dedication to winning this game was impressive to see up close during time outs and downtime. Redick, Simmons and Butler were locked in and constantly discussing minor things to clean up defensively or ideal ball movement on the next offensive play. They were digging into each other hard but with clear respect and marking up the dry erase board away from Brown/the huddle at various times all night. JJ was talking a mile a minute cursing out the refs, your other guys and everyone on the Raptors including Kawhi (who honestly looked shook that after that possession where Redick bodied him into passing it left to Siakam).

JJ was even coaching from the bench at times in the first. Butler was a leader all night with his play and in the second half became really vocal on the bench as well, pumping guys up, etc. Whatever my thoughts on him as a player have been, TJ McConnell is a really good cheerleader/bench guy. He got your team to stay hyped when they were up big and could have relaxed a bit and made lazy choices.

Seeing all of this made me pretty sad about my own Celtics honestly but the situation I was in didn't allow for much sadness, lol. Great night.

I probably have more info to relay but I can't recall it right now. Fun game (as always) and a great game to attend live/on the floor. Blew my Sixers fan friend's mind as well, lol, she was so freaked out when she saw how close the bench was.

Enjoy game 7.

Let's see those pics!
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
hookshot199
Analyst
And1: 723

Post#608 » by hookshot199 » Fri May 10, 2019 12:56 pm

Kova wrote:
hookshot199 wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:

Whoops.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,721

Post#609 » by the_process » Fri May 10, 2019 1:03 pm

ankle420breaker wrote:
Kova wrote:
hookshot199 wrote:

Doris was so blatantly cheering on the Raptors the whole game. You'd think she has Marc Gasol posters hanging all over her bedroom walls.

Nate Duncan is, in essence, cheering the Raps on from his podcast, as well. Oh, and also some West Coast incredulousness about the booing. :roll:

Sixers are the villains. Can't root for The Process. League mandate.
mksp
Analyst
And1: 2,485

Post#610 » by mksp » Fri May 10, 2019 1:16 pm

Enjoy game 7.

This was great! Thank you.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,820

Post#611 » by AirP. » Fri May 10, 2019 1:45 pm

76ciology wrote:This guy sat beside the bench. A guy from celts board.

Philly was really focused. Redick pissed them off a lot mentally and started coaching from the bench at points. Butler put the team on his back at times and made some really difficult shots. Kawhi couldn't carry the team again. Boban had a noticeable impact early on somehow. Harris hit his shots.

Wouldn't shock me to see the Raptors fold but who the **** knows at this point in the series. Game 7 is probably a close game that comes down to the last shot.

Seeing Simmons and Butler hurriedly scribbling on the dry erase board talking a mile a minute about what they need to do on the next possession to get the shot off made me pretty sad. Not sure I saw that sort of thing from anyone on our team outside of Smart once this year.

Well, at least Boston has their assets. They could have had Butler, they could have had George, probably could have found a way to have both of them and Kyrie.
kio80
Sixth Man
And1: 1,076

Post#612 » by kio80 » Fri May 10, 2019 1:51 pm

the_process wrote:
ankle420breaker wrote:
Kova wrote:

Nate Duncan is, in essence, cheering the Raps on from his podcast, as well. Oh, and also some West Coast incredulousness about the booing. :roll:

Sixers are the villains. Can't root for The Process. League mandate.

I hate Nate Duncan, most overrated “too ugly to be on TV” guy.
Always dissing 76ers and especially Ben Simmons. Hate his voice, his topics and pretty much everything about his stupid podcast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
76ciology
RealGM

Post#613 » by 76ciology » Fri May 10, 2019 2:23 pm

Enjoy game 7.

Pics please. I so envy you right now
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#614 » by truth18 » Fri May 10, 2019 8:51 pm

mjkvol wrote:Let's see those pics!

76ciology wrote:Pics please. I so envy you right now

You guys never took me up on my offers to buy anyone here a beer at halftime :lol: . Your loss, probably moving back to Boston soonish.

Congrats on the win again, I personally think you can beat the Raptors in Canada having no real bias either way.
YOU LOSE
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,827

Post#615 » by XtremeDunkz » Fri May 10, 2019 8:59 pm

Damn those are some seats!
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
Kova
Veteran

Post#616 » by Kova » Fri May 10, 2019 10:08 pm

Are there even better seats in the whole arena? Damn! I wish I could experience that! Thanks for your review!
76ciology
RealGM

Post#617 » by 76ciology » Sat May 11, 2019 3:41 am

Spoiler:
truth18 wrote:
mjkvol wrote:Let's see those pics!

76ciology wrote:Pics please. I so envy you right now

You guys never took me up on my offers to buy anyone here a beer at halftime :lol: . Your loss, probably moving back to Boston soonish.

Congrats on the win again, I personally think you can beat the Raptors in Canada having no real bias either way.

LOL

I was watching the replay (watched the game twice) before you posted this. I was looking at the end of the bench and find u. So u are behind the court near the end of the bench. Time to watch it the third time and find u hahaha

Great seats. Its one thing to watch the guys play and see the scale of the players to the court. Seems like the ring is too low for them compared to watching it on tv. But to seat almost beside them? Damn..
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,593

Post#618 » by sixerswillrule » Sat May 11, 2019 6:43 pm

Arsenal wrote:Nice win. Glad to see the guys came to fight.

I'd give us about a 10% chance to win on Sun. Road teams hardly ever win Game 7. I believe the last one to do so was the Cavs vs. the Warriors in the 2016 finals.

Warriors vs. Rockets last year
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,009

Post#619 » by Bum Adebayo » Sat May 11, 2019 8:23 pm

Redick is a better coach than Brett, he could retire this year, be our coach next year and we would be much better.
Great takes since 2024-04-20
Kova
Veteran

Post#620 » by Kova » Sat May 11, 2019 9:04 pm

sixerswillrule wrote:
Arsenal wrote:Nice win. Glad to see the guys came to fight.

I'd give us about a 10% chance to win on Sun. Road teams hardly ever win Game 7. I believe the last one to do so was the Cavs vs. the Warriors in the 2016 finals.

Warriors vs. Rockets last year

Cavs vs Celtics last years EC semis.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers