76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,532

Re: 2019 NBA Draft winners - New Orleans, Memphis, Lakers & Sixers 

Post#41 » by 76ciology » Fri May 17, 2019 5:36 pm

shi-woo wrote:
76ciology wrote:
shi-woo wrote:
If Celtics make a trade for AD involving Tatum and #14, it will go down in history, and be on every top 10 worst trades of all te list you see now till the end of time.

True. Because Tatum and #14 in this draft for a top 10 player in AD is one of the worst deal of all time that favors the celtics. Specially given that it’s likely there are several teams that can give a better offer to the Pels for two likely role players from the Celtics.
Obviously the trade would be more than that. Most of us on the Celtic board think it would be Tatum, Brown, Smart, Yabu, #14 and MAYBE the Memphis pick. Which would Trump most offers out their unless a team wants to go full Billy King.

Sent from my D6708 using RealGM mobile app

Ingram and 4th pick will easily trump that right?
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,022

Post#42 » by Darth Celtic » Fri May 17, 2019 5:42 pm

76ciology wrote:
shi-woo wrote:
76ciology wrote:
True. Because Tatum and #14 in this draft for a top 10 player in AD is one of the worst deal of all time that favors the celtics. Specially given that it’s likely there are several teams that can give a better offer to the Pels for two likely role players from the Celtics.
Obviously the trade would be more than that. Most of us on the Celtic board think it would be Tatum, Brown, Smart, Yabu, #14 and MAYBE the Memphis pick. Which would Trump most offers out their unless a team wants to go full Billy King.

Ingram has 0 trade value atm because of health concerns and the 4th pick in a 2-3 person draft is.....meh.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
shi-woo
Sixth Man
And1: 2,296

Post#43 » by shi-woo » Fri May 17, 2019 5:43 pm

76ciology wrote:
shi-woo wrote:
76ciology wrote:

Yes, as a base package, but as fans we really have no idea how a front office will value a player with blood clot issues. Tough to say. All chips on the table I honestly think Celtics are the only team that can reasonably make a godfather offer

76ciology
RealGM

Post#44 » by 76ciology » Fri May 17, 2019 5:45 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:FYI. The Celtics fans, front office, and basically anyone who has a clue was cheering for the Griz pick to not convey this year. This draft is very bland from 3/4-30. A 14 pick and a 8 pick are about the same talent level.

Getting the 9th pick in this draft is way, way worse than 10th pick next year or so on along with a chance that it ends up top 5 unprotected in 2021. The Grizz REALLY wanted it to convey this year. Moving to 2 helps though. Right now I would bet the griz are happy they moved up to 2 over giving us 9, but it's not a slam dunk.

Yeah. Looking at a this year prospect vs next year prospect standpoint.

but if the offseason becomes an intense AD lottery sweepstakes, wouldn't that grizz pick be a more valuable asset if it conveyed?

But yeah, i agree this year’s draft is ridiculously bad. Good thing we aren’t drafting anyone from the lotto. It was already a torture deciding who to draft between Mikal Bridges and zhaire last year. This year, it’s like choosing between James Ennis and Jonathon Simmons. Lol
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#45 » by 76ciology » Fri May 17, 2019 5:46 pm

shi-woo wrote:
76ciology wrote:
shi-woo wrote:Obviously the trade would be more than that. Most of us on the Celtic board think it would be Tatum, Brown, Smart, Yabu, #14 and MAYBE the Memphis pick. Which would Trump most offers out their unless a team wants to go full Billy King.

Yes, as a base package, but as fans we really have no idea how a front office will value a player with blood clot issues. Tough to say. All chips on the table I honestly think Celtics are the only team that can reasonably make a godfather offer

Well, they’d do their due diligence. I dont think its that serious. And at worse? There’s lonzo and kuzma.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#46 » by Sixerscan » Fri May 17, 2019 6:04 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:FYI. The Celtics fans, front office, and basically anyone who has a clue was cheering for the Griz pick to not convey this year. This draft is very bland from 3/4-30. A 14 pick and a 8 pick are about the same talent level.

Getting the 9th pick in this draft is way, way worse than 10th pick next year or so on along with a chance that it ends up top 5 unprotected in 2021. The Grizz REALLY wanted it to convey this year. Moving to 2 helps though. Right now I would bet the griz are happy they moved up to 2 over giving us 9, but it's not a slam dunk.

I agree that conveying 9 is better than keeping 8, but I think you're putting a little too much stock in future draft classes if you think 2 isn't a massive slam dunk over conveying the pick and keeping some unknown future pick in an unknown future draft class. Memphis would hang up the phone in 5 seconds if you offered that. Or that you can be confident that 10 next year is gonna be much much better than 9 this year.

Wasn't that long ago that Celtics fans were saying that they wouldn't want 10 last year because the Kings pick was the real prize, and a year before that they were saying that it was smart to trade the Nets pick because the Lakers/Kings pick was the real prize, ect.

Projecting future draft picks and classes is tricky.
freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Post#47 » by freshie2 » Fri May 17, 2019 7:12 pm

AD for #3, Knox, Smith, the young center and filler...since this is a 3 player draft, is that better than a celtics package with Tatum, Brown, #14 and filler??
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,473

Post#48 » by youngcrev » Fri May 17, 2019 7:29 pm

freshie2 wrote:AD for #3, Knox, Smith, the young center and filler...since this is a 3 player draft, is that better than a celtics package with Tatum, Brown, #14 and filler??

I'd probably take the Celtics package, but with the current Zion drama I wonder if playing with Barrett at the next level would appease him.
hookshot199
Analyst
And1: 723

Post#49 » by hookshot199 » Sat May 18, 2019 4:22 pm

Tough call, even before the Gasol trade. The key is does Conley want to stay (I would imagine he would
like to play for a contender) and what sort of asset can they get back for him.

Jonas Valanciunas was not a bad pickup if they can extend him.

I do point out, however, that the Griz won 10 of their final 25 games (40%), of course with Conley, mostly
against teams competing for playoff spots.

Forty percent puts them at the same position as this year, tied for seventh (7, 8 and 9). The makings of a
bottom-five team are there without Conley, a 10 and above team with him and Morant and a slightly
improved play of Chandler Parsons (in the final year of his albatross contract).

I thought the Bleacher Report trade speculation was interesting. They list the Celtics as a possible destination -
the pick goes back to Memphis in exchange for taking on Hayward's horrible contract. I suspect that won't fly
with the C's fan base, but would probably be a smart move because it would give you an additional $30 mil
to go after another free agent.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2836616-trade-packages-and-landing-spots-for-mike-conley-if-grizzlies-draft-ja-morant
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Post#50 » by Kobblehead » Sat May 18, 2019 4:35 pm

freshie2 wrote:AD for #3, Knox, Smith, the young center and filler...since this is a 3 player draft, is that better than a celtics package with Tatum, Brown, #14 and filler??

Gotta go with the Celtics package because Tatum is the most complete player out of any asset from either team. And major bonus points because he already said he wants to play there.
hookshot199
Analyst
And1: 723

Post#51 » by hookshot199 » Sat May 18, 2019 4:45 pm

Kobblehead wrote:

Gotta go with the Celtics package because Tatum is the most complete player out of any asset from either team. And major bonus points because he already said he wants to play there.

Did he actually tell MacMahon or is this just an informed opinion/speculation?

https://celticswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/11/macmahon-jayson-tatum-wouldnt-mind-trade-to-new-orleans/

Return to Philadelphia 76ers