ImageImageImage

Welcome Matisse Thybulle!

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, Foshan, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 42,298
And1: 13,306
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: Welcome Matisse Thybulle! 

Post#461 » by 76ciology » Sat Feb 1, 2020 5:22 am

This should teach Thybulle to develop his offense.
“Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there is absolutely no point.”
Negrodamus
RealGM
Posts: 13,675
And1: 5,402
Joined: Aug 05, 2004

Re: Welcome Matisse Thybulle! 

Post#462 » by Negrodamus » Sat Feb 1, 2020 1:01 pm

I think Terence Davis being left off is more egregious, but I also don’t care about the rising stars game, or the all star weekend as a whole.
LloydFree
RealGM
Posts: 13,663
And1: 9,678
Joined: Aug 20, 2012
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Re: Welcome Matisse Thybulle! 

Post#463 » by LloydFree » Sat Feb 1, 2020 9:47 pm

If Thybulle has any beef's with not being selected, it should be directed at the format. There are guys on the World team that he's significantly better than. N. Walker-Alexander, specifically, is an inferior player and his offensive stats aren't any better than Thybulle's.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Kobblehead
RealGM
Posts: 30,516
And1: 12,725
Joined: Apr 15, 2010
 

Re: Welcome Matisse Thybulle! 

Post#464 » by Kobblehead » Sun Feb 2, 2020 2:46 pm

Is this the first Rising Stars game we were boxed out of?

Smith and Thybulle are really setting this team back in a couple minor ways.
phillynative
Analyst
Posts: 3,290
And1: 550
Joined: Dec 13, 2014

Re: Welcome Matisse Thybulle! 

Post#465 » by phillynative » Sun Feb 2, 2020 8:25 pm

Kobblehead wrote:Is this the first Rising Stars game we were boxed out of?

Smith and Thybulle are really setting this team back in a couple minor ways.


Thybulle is a defensive specialist but i think he still is athletic enough to run the floor , catch oops and provide highlights that way.

Smith is just raw all around.
brannigan73
Junior
Posts: 358
And1: 193
Joined: Apr 28, 2011

Re: Welcome Matisse Thybulle! 

Post#466 » by brannigan73 » Sun Feb 2, 2020 8:30 pm

I like Matisse but I feel like some people wildly over-rate him. While young he is not your typical 19 or 20 year old rookie (23 in less then two months) and has an extremely rudimentary offensive game. If we could get Robert Covington back I would trade him and mike scott and a second for Covington and not look back. People forget how good Covington was (arguably the best wing defender in the entire league in 2017-2018 season) here I feel like Thybulle will be lucky to get to as good as Covington is and it will take several years to happen if it happens.
User avatar
Mik317
RealGM
Posts: 28,698
And1: 9,284
Joined: May 31, 2005
Location: In your head....you have issues breh
       

Re: Welcome Matisse Thybulle! 

Post#467 » by Mik317 » Mon Feb 3, 2020 3:50 am

dude has to make shots and stay in front of people. His behind blocks have been scouted and he is fouling like crazy now.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
knuckles862
Veteran
Posts: 2,609
And1: 1,982
Joined: Oct 17, 2013

Re: Welcome Matisse Thybulle! 

Post#468 » by knuckles862 » Mon Feb 3, 2020 1:07 pm

brannigan73 wrote:I like Matisse but I feel like some people wildly over-rate him. While young he is not your typical 19 or 20 year old rookie (23 in less then two months) and has an extremely rudimentary offensive game. If we could get Robert Covington back I would trade him and mike scott and a second for Covington and not look back. People forget how good Covington was (arguably the best wing defender in the entire league in 2017-2018 season) here I feel like Thybulle will be lucky to get to as good as Covington is and it will take several years to happen if it happens.


I'd argue that thybulle is already better than Covington? Did you forget that Covington can't make a layup?
Kobblehead
RealGM
Posts: 30,516
And1: 12,725
Joined: Apr 15, 2010
 

Re: Welcome Matisse Thybulle! 

Post#469 » by Kobblehead » Mon Feb 3, 2020 1:13 pm

Covington is a great defender in his own right (that can defend more positions than Thybulle) and he scores nearly triple what Thybulle does.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Posts: 41,054
And1: 15,802
Joined: Apr 07, 2010
   

Re: Welcome Matisse Thybulle! 

Post#470 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Feb 3, 2020 1:27 pm

I am with the girl in the meme. Why not both.
User avatar
Mik317
RealGM
Posts: 28,698
And1: 9,284
Joined: May 31, 2005
Location: In your head....you have issues breh
       

Re: Welcome Matisse Thybulle! 

Post#471 » by Mik317 » Mon Feb 3, 2020 1:44 pm

knuckles862 wrote:
brannigan73 wrote:I like Matisse but I feel like some people wildly over-rate him. While young he is not your typical 19 or 20 year old rookie (23 in less then two months) and has an extremely rudimentary offensive game. If we could get Robert Covington back I would trade him and mike scott and a second for Covington and not look back. People forget how good Covington was (arguably the best wing defender in the entire league in 2017-2018 season) here I feel like Thybulle will be lucky to get to as good as Covington is and it will take several years to happen if it happens.


I'd argue that thybulle is already better than Covington? Did you forget that Covington can't make a layup?


neither can Thybulle...da fuq?
#NeverGonnaBeGood
SixthStreet
Junior
Posts: 371
And1: 181
Joined: May 31, 2018
       

Re: Welcome Matisse Thybulle! 

Post#472 » by SixthStreet » Mon Feb 3, 2020 7:16 pm

I'm glad he didn't make the Rising Stars game. He'd look terrible in that format.
DoItALL9
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,069
And1: 830
Joined: Oct 08, 2016
       

Re: Welcome Matisse Thybulle! 

Post#473 » by DoItALL9 » Fri Feb 7, 2020 10:53 pm

If offered the #1 overall pick in the 2020 draft for Thybulle would Philly make that trade?

Sent from my LM-G710 using RealGM mobile app
LloydFree
RealGM
Posts: 13,663
And1: 9,678
Joined: Aug 20, 2012
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Re: Welcome Matisse Thybulle! 

Post#474 » by LloydFree » Fri Feb 7, 2020 10:56 pm

DoItALL9 wrote:If offered the #1 overall pick in the 2020 draft for Thybulle would Philly make that trade?

Sent from my LM-G710 using RealGM mobile app

LOL
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Negrodamus
RealGM
Posts: 13,675
And1: 5,402
Joined: Aug 05, 2004

Re: Welcome Matisse Thybulle! 

Post#475 » by Negrodamus » Fri Feb 7, 2020 11:17 pm

DoItALL9 wrote:If offered the #1 overall pick in the 2020 draft for Thybulle would Philly make that trade?

Sent from my LM-G710 using RealGM mobile app


Wat
DoItALL9
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,069
And1: 830
Joined: Oct 08, 2016
       

Re: Welcome Matisse Thybulle! 

Post#476 » by DoItALL9 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:23 pm

Does he make Josh Richardson expendable?
DoItALL9
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,069
And1: 830
Joined: Oct 08, 2016
       

Re: Welcome Matisse Thybulle! 

Post#477 » by DoItALL9 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:23 pm

LloydFree wrote:
DoItALL9 wrote:If offered the #1 overall pick in the 2020 draft for Thybulle would Philly make that trade?

Sent from my LM-G710 using RealGM mobile app

LOL
Negrodamus wrote:
DoItALL9 wrote:If offered the #1 overall pick in the 2020 draft for Thybulle would Philly make that trade?

Sent from my LM-G710 using RealGM mobile app


Wat
Gotta answer to the question?

Sent from my LM-G710 using RealGM mobile app
SixthStreet
Junior
Posts: 371
And1: 181
Joined: May 31, 2018
       

Re: Welcome Matisse Thybulle! 

Post#478 » by SixthStreet » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:27 pm

Of course we would trade Thybulle for 2020 #1 overall. Lol.
ivysixer2000
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,847
And1: 1,316
Joined: Feb 24, 2005

Re: Welcome Matisse Thybulle! 

Post#479 » by ivysixer2000 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:30 pm

DoItALL9 wrote:
LloydFree wrote:
DoItALL9 wrote:If offered the #1 overall pick in the 2020 draft for Thybulle would Philly make that trade?

Sent from my LM-G710 using RealGM mobile app

LOL
Negrodamus wrote:
DoItALL9 wrote:If offered the #1 overall pick in the 2020 draft for Thybulle would Philly make that trade?

Sent from my LM-G710 using RealGM mobile app


Wat
Gotta answer to the question?

Sent from my LM-G710 using RealGM mobile app


Pretty certain the answer would be yes.

Not that it would happen even in an alternate universe.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 44,475
And1: 9,031
Joined: Feb 07, 2005
Location: Parts Unknown
   

Re: Welcome Matisse Thybulle! 

Post#480 » by Stanford » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:33 pm

DoItALL9 wrote:
LloydFree wrote:
DoItALL9 wrote:If offered the #1 overall pick in the 2020 draft for Thybulle would Philly make that trade?

Sent from my LM-G710 using RealGM mobile app

LOL
Negrodamus wrote:
DoItALL9 wrote:If offered the #1 overall pick in the 2020 draft for Thybulle would Philly make that trade?

Sent from my LM-G710 using RealGM mobile app


Wat
Gotta answer to the question?


With all due respect, wtf are you talking about?
Image

Return to Philadelphia 76ers