ImageImageImage

David Heller

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

cool93
Analyst
And1: 1,992

Re: David Heller 

Post#61 » by cool93 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:24 am

Hussien Fatal wrote:Stanford you have made no real valid points behind the rationale of your dislike of JH. Things like i dont like him because his voice and his face is really just well...childish and classless. I support JH because i think hes doing a decent job. I would say hes doing a great job if it wasnt for our poor medical staff. But i hope he keeps ownership of the team for many years to come because I actually believe he cares about the success of this team. I like his energy at the games, i like his vision for the team
This organization has been a **** mess entire time since Hinkie was gone. Think about all the **** that was going on, and it's been only 3 years.

Sent from my G3416 using RealGM mobile app
PhillyFan11
Rookie
And1: 444

Post#62 » by PhillyFan11 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:23 am

AirP. wrote:Here's some info I came across...

The article from last September has a lot of good info that's worth reading, including Brown liking Bridges more than Harris, but the extra compensation was too good to pass up.
Smith was identified as the guy with the most incredible upside, and they pushed to get him, and Brown signed off grudgingly.

But sources have said that limited partner David Heller, a businessman and former Goldman Sachs executive, was running the show in Colangelo's absence, and that he, more than Brown, was the acting general manager at least through the NBA draft process if not the whole offseason. Sources have said that co-managing owner Josh Harris listens entirely to Heller.

Sources have said that Heller's role gradually increased during Sam Hinkie's tenure as president of basketball operations and GM. The sources said, on occasion, Heller would run the staff meetings when Hinkie wasn't present.

The entire night in the draft room, all Heller said was, "This is the last time we'll have a high pick. We've got to swing for the highest upside. We've got to find the third star," according to a source.

A source said, prior to the Brand hiring, that there are some front-office personnel who go along with Heller and try not to ruffle his feathers. When they disagree, they have to "massage his ego" to get what they want.

https://www.inquirer.com/philly/sports/sixers/elton-brand-sixers-gm-76ers-ownership-david-heller-nba-20180922.html

Claiming you need to get your 3rd star 365 days after having the #1 overall pick?

Either Heller (and I assume others) didn’t support the Fultz pick and it was all BC?
or
The franchise had already given up on Fultz as a lost cause before his 2nd year.
or
These quotes are BS and no one really knows how much this Heller guy was involved
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#63 » by GoSixersBro » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:22 pm

Imagine dying on the Josh Harris hill. Dude is a spineless owner. If you feel comfortable with him at the helm then you haven't been paying attention.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
jbent87
Veteran
And1: 1,202

Post#64 » by jbent87 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:35 pm

GoSixersBro wrote:Imagine dying on the Josh Harris hill. Dude is a spineless owner. If you feel comfortable with him at the helm then you haven't been paying attention.

people have already poked enough fun at it, but yeah that guy is definitely Josh Harris's burner account.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,106

Post#65 » by Kobblehead » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:00 pm

Is Josh Harris even that bad? Look at the Atlantic division, alone. I'd rather have Harris over Dolan or Prokhorov.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#66 » by Arsenal » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:16 pm

Kobblehead wrote:Is Josh Harris even that bad? Look at the Atlantic division, alone. I'd rather have Harris over Dolan or Prokhorov.

Josh Harris has made 1 good decision. Hiring Sam Hinkie. Pretty much everything else has been a fail.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#67 » by Kobblehead » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:32 pm

It's just being nitpicky and not considering the scope of the league to pretend that Harris is an awful owner.

Dolan
Prov
Michael Jordan
Sarver
Vivek
Reinsdorph
Glen Taylor
Jeanie Buss
Gale Benson
Devos
Leonsis

Josh Harris is a way better owner than anyone on that list.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,807

Post#68 » by Mik317 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:59 pm

other owners being bad does not give Harris a pass.

Harris' biggest issue however is ironically it feels like he is too easily swayed. Hinkie came in and took over. Then when the league got pissy, they were able to sway him to virtually oust him. Then Jerry got him to hire his son. And it took Bryan doing the dumbest **** to get the axe and there was some chance that even that wouldn't be enough. Now you have a bunch of dudes in his ear potentially making moves.

Harris, I am sure is a smart dude but nothing that has happened under his watch gives me much confidence that he and his peeps will do the right thing at the right time. I mean they did the Bynum **** trade my guys. There current best move was drafting Embiid, something they lucked into and is fragile and potentially fleeting as ****.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#69 » by Kobblehead » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:03 pm

I'm just saying, we could do a lot worse. Harris isn't even a bottom 1/3 rd owner.

I'd rather have a guy easily swayed than a crabby rigid guy. Easily swayed can also be looked at as pliable and adaptable. 76ers are currently positioned better than 80% of the league and that happened under Josh Harris' watch.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,863

Post#70 » by Stanford » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:09 pm

Yeah, worse owners do not make me feel any better about what we've got.
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#71 » by Arsenal » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:28 pm

Kobblehead wrote:I'm just saying, we could do a lot worse. Harris isn't even a bottom 1/3 rd owner.

I'd rather have a guy easily swayed than a crabby rigid guy. Easily swayed can also be looked at as pliable and adaptable. 76ers are currently positioned better than 80% of the league and that happened under Josh Harris' watch.

Yeah but that took an unprecedented level of tanking for 3 years, and 1 more year of semi-tanking. After going through all that pain we should be in a better spot right now.

At this point Hinkie's moves from 3+ years ago are the thing that is saving his tenure. By now he's burned up all the excess equity built up in that time.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#72 » by Kobblehead » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:36 pm

Josh Harris deserves a lot of credit for even entertaining Hinkie's experiment in the first place. How many other owners would have agreed to that as long as Harris did? He's pretty damn progressive for that.

Hinkie is the one who didn't hold up his end of the bargain. He drafted like crap and didn't have the social faculties to shake the negative perception of himself. What was Harris supposed to do when other owners, the league office, the media, and player agents are all harassing him about the man he put in charge? Hinkie put him in an impossible position.
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#73 » by Arsenal » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:37 pm

Kobblehead wrote:Josh Harris deserves a lot of credit for even entertaining Hinkie's experiment in the first place. How many other owners would have agreed to that as long as Harris did? He's pretty damn progressive for that.

Hinkie is the one who didn't hold up his end of the bargain. He drafted like crap and didn't have the social faculties to shake the negative perception of himself. What was Harris supposed to do when other owners, the league office, the media, and player agents are all harassing him about the man he put in charge? Hinkie put him in an impossible position.

Wrong. Josh Harris folded like a weak b!tch. He should have seen it through to the end.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#74 » by Kobblehead » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:44 pm

You would have done the same thing. Hinkie had nothing to show at the time he was fired. He drafted terribly and his best two assets were injured and overseas.
snoopdogg88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,111

Post#75 » by snoopdogg88 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:54 pm

People concentrate way too much on Josh Harris. Dude is running a hedge fund business in NYC, and owning the Devils and Sixers. He’s busy as ****. He’s nowhere near as involved in the day to day operations as people want to believe.

Scott O’Neil (who has been oddly silent for a while now) is the real head of the snake of this organization.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,538

Post#76 » by HartfordWhalers » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:48 am

I voted that the bc hiring was an exhaustive process involving countless interviews and candidates before an unexpected result.

Can I be a shadow gm now too?
fl311
Senior
And1: 1,182

Post#77 » by fl311 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:32 pm

snoopdogg88 wrote:People concentrate way too much on Josh Harris. Dude is running a hedge fund business in NYC, and owning the Devils and Sixers. He’s busy as ****. He’s nowhere near as involved in the day to day operations as people want to believe.

Scott O’Neil (who has been oddly silent for a while now) is the real head of the snake of this organization.

Yes, actually he is.

Harris was a main factor in getting Jimmy. He had many direct conversations with Glen Taylor
Hussien Fatal
Veteran
And1: 1,387

Post#78 » by Hussien Fatal » Mon Jul 1, 2019 5:43 pm

cool93 wrote:
Hussien Fatal wrote:Stanford you have made no real valid points behind the rationale of your dislike of JH. Things like i dont like him because his voice and his face is really just well...childish and classless. I support JH because i think hes doing a decent job. I would say hes doing a great job if it wasnt for our poor medical staff. But i hope he keeps ownership of the team for many years to come because I actually believe he cares about the success of this team. I like his energy at the games, i like his vision for the team
This organization has been a **** mess entire time since Hinkie was gone. Think about all the **** that was going on, and it's been only 3 years.

Sent from my G3416 using RealGM mobile app

I don’t get you i really don’t. We can go back and forth about adam silver and bc being hired but the bottom line is that the NBA was involved in hinkie getting let go, im sure we can agree on that.

The last three years really??? I mean we won 50 games twice in those three years and now we look like a finals lock. Im Not saying Josh Harris is the greatest owner but i am saying in his tenure we have acquired more talent than this sixers franchise has ever seen. Thats not worth anything to you? Or is this all about bc and hinkie?

Wait until hes gone and we get a james dolan level owner, cant wait to see what you say then.

We finally have great product to watch for 82 games a year, and the man most responsible for that is disliked because of somebody he hired and “fired” in Sam Hinkie?

BC was trash we can all agree on that. But that was short lived with heavy damage that has clearly been salvaged.

Would you like JH if we won a championship under his watch? Or would you still think hes an idiot and a terrible owner?

This team looks like true contenders finally but all you can talk about is how bad the management has been the last three years even though we have had good success. I really dont get it.
They call me Hussien Fatal its a two game table im robbin you **** cradle wit a knife in your navel....
Hussien Fatal
Veteran
And1: 1,387

Post#79 » by Hussien Fatal » Mon Jul 1, 2019 5:46 pm

Kobblehead wrote:It's just being nitpicky and not considering the scope of the league to pretend that Harris is an awful owner.

Dolan
Prov
Michael Jordan
Sarver
Vivek
Reinsdorph
Glen Taylor
Jeanie Buss
Gale Benson
Devos
Leonsis

Once again Kobblehead shows why hes the most intelligent poster on this board.
They call me Hussien Fatal its a two game table im robbin you **** cradle wit a knife in your navel....
eagereyez
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,462

Post#80 » by eagereyez » Mon Jul 1, 2019 6:07 pm

Hussien Fatal wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:It's just being nitpicky and not considering the scope of the league to pretend that Harris is an awful owner.

Dolan
Prov
Michael Jordan
Sarver
Vivek
Reinsdorph
Glen Taylor
Jeanie Buss
Gale Benson
Devos
Leonsis

Once again Kobblehead shows why hes the most intelligent poster on this board.
And he just happens to agree with you too. What a coincidence.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers