ImageImageImage

2019-2020 College BBall/2020 NBA Draft Vol 1

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Negrodamus
RealGM
Posts: 14,295
And1: 5,717
Joined: Aug 05, 2004

Re: 2019-2020 College BBall/2020 NBA Draft Vol 1 

Post#961 » by Negrodamus » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:20 pm

Combine starts tomorrow. Will be nice to get some new information.
skulky
Sophomore
Posts: 223
And1: 47
Joined: Jul 31, 2008

Re: 2019-2020 College BBall/2020 NBA Draft Vol 1 

Post#962 » by skulky » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:58 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around it, but it appears that R.J. Hampton could very well fall to the 20s. He's the pick we need to make, IMO. And I wouldn't waste time second-guessing it.

Elite athlete shotcreator that can d it up on the other end. Legit chance to reach superstardom.
How is his jumper? I thought I read a report that he has a strange form and it isn't very consistent.


Some footage of rj shooting practice from both April and more recently.

I don’t see weird form there. Still a work in progres, but compared to his footage from playing overseas his shot looks improved and that he’s put in work.

He has serious speed in transition, can get by the d without a screen, decent not elite vision, is 6’5” and very athletic. He should be able to hold his own against both guard positions in the nba.
Kobblehead
RealGM
Posts: 31,020
And1: 12,914
Joined: Apr 15, 2010
 

Re: 2019-2020 College BBall/2020 NBA Draft Vol 1 

Post#963 » by Kobblehead » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:35 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around it, but it appears that R.J. Hampton could very well fall to the 20s. He's the pick we need to make, IMO. And I wouldn't waste time second-guessing it.

Elite athlete shotcreator that can d it up on the other end. Legit chance to reach superstardom.
How is his jumper? I thought I read a report that he has a strange form and it isn't very consistent.

His jumper is subpar-to-average, at best.

Which is fine because he's perfectly adept at the two traits that I think are far more important (shotcreating and defense). He's not a lost-cause when it comes to his jumpshot projection, though. His nearly 74% free throw shooting is decently optimistic.

Get guys that can score off the dribble and defend their position. Worry about the other stuff later.
Negrodamus
RealGM
Posts: 14,295
And1: 5,717
Joined: Aug 05, 2004

Re: 2019-2020 College BBall/2020 NBA Draft Vol 1 

Post#964 » by Negrodamus » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:06 am

The more I think about it, I think it should be whoever falls to us of Theo Maledon or RJ Hampton. Possibly neither, but those would be the targets. Maledon is moving up my board as I watch more of him. Has a great shooting profile. He has some SGA to his game except a much more willing outside shooter than SGA was at UK.
Kobblehead
RealGM
Posts: 31,020
And1: 12,914
Joined: Apr 15, 2010
 

Re: 2019-2020 College BBall/2020 NBA Draft Vol 1 

Post#965 » by Kobblehead » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:45 pm

I can't get behind Theo Maledon. Dude looks like such a defensive sieve.
Negrodamus
RealGM
Posts: 14,295
And1: 5,717
Joined: Aug 05, 2004

Re: 2019-2020 College BBall/2020 NBA Draft Vol 1 

Post#966 » by Negrodamus » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:00 pm

Kobblehead wrote:I can't get behind Theo Maledon. Dude looks like such a defensive sieve.


I mean, he's one of the youngest players in this draft playing against better competition than the NCAA. I'm giving him some leeway since he's clearly going to put on more weight and has very good length.
kriss73
Starter
Posts: 2,365
And1: 1,292
Joined: Jul 25, 2015
       

Re: 2019-2020 College BBall/2020 NBA Draft Vol 1 

Post#967 » by kriss73 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:58 pm

Teams are worried about Edwards' drive and enthusiasm for winning, and according to a source, the Golden State Warriors aren't a likely landing spot due to these concerns.

Despite media projections and upside that everyone acknowledges, he has a shaky reputation within NBA circles. Dion Waiters has been used by skeptics as a comparison or low-end outcome for Edwards, an inefficient scorer at Georgia whose Bulldogs finished 13 of 14 teams in the SEC.

Scouts and executives have mentioned that his teams haven't won at any level, and that he even forgets plays and actions.

Meanwhile, the more we ask around about Edwards, the more we hear concern about his professionalism and ability to impact winning, even if his scoring production carries over.


https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2910623-nba-draft-buzz-if-top-pick-isnt-traded-sources-expect-lamelo-ball-to-go-first

Could this be true?
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."
Negrodamus
RealGM
Posts: 14,295
And1: 5,717
Joined: Aug 05, 2004

Re: 2019-2020 College BBall/2020 NBA Draft Vol 1 

Post#968 » by Negrodamus » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:53 pm

kriss73 wrote:Teams are worried about Edwards' drive and enthusiasm for winning, and according to a source, the Golden State Warriors aren't a likely landing spot due to these concerns.

Despite media projections and upside that everyone acknowledges, he has a shaky reputation within NBA circles. Dion Waiters has been used by skeptics as a comparison or low-end outcome for Edwards, an inefficient scorer at Georgia whose Bulldogs finished 13 of 14 teams in the SEC.

Scouts and executives have mentioned that his teams haven't won at any level, and that he even forgets plays and actions.

Meanwhile, the more we ask around about Edwards, the more we hear concern about his professionalism and ability to impact winning, even if his scoring production carries over.


https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2910623-nba-draft-buzz-if-top-pick-isnt-traded-sources-expect-lamelo-ball-to-go-first

Could this be true?


I'm not surprised other than I'd expect bad teams to make bad decisions. Perhaps NBA teams are wising up to dumb players who only score. I couldn't take him with a top three pick, but that's just me.
User avatar
Mik317
RealGM
Posts: 29,339
And1: 9,653
Joined: May 31, 2005
Location: In your head....you have issues breh
       

Re: 2019-2020 College BBall/2020 NBA Draft Vol 1 

Post#969 » by Mik317 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:31 pm

man said something to the effect that I was bad this year but yolo during a ESPN interview.

not a great look
#NeverGonnaBeGood
skulky
Sophomore
Posts: 223
And1: 47
Joined: Jul 31, 2008

Re: 2019-2020 College BBall/2020 NBA Draft Vol 1 

Post#970 » by skulky » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:39 pm

None of that is new for Edwards though, he’s like a walking red flag. He has the body and athleticism, but not much else. Seems like a poor man’s wiggins like best case scenario.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 44,693
And1: 9,207
Joined: Feb 07, 2005
Location: Parts Unknown
   

Re: 2019-2020 College BBall/2020 NBA Draft Vol 1 

Post#971 » by Stanford » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:48 pm

I'd take Edwards at 21
Image
skulky
Sophomore
Posts: 223
And1: 47
Joined: Jul 31, 2008

Re: 2019-2020 College BBall/2020 NBA Draft Vol 1 

Post#972 » by skulky » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:52 pm

Stanford wrote:I'd take Edwards at 21

Yeah at 21 obviously but with the number 1 pick and the guaranteed salary I would not want any part of that.
the_process
RealGM
Posts: 18,566
And1: 4,473
Joined: May 01, 2010

Re: 2019-2020 College BBall/2020 NBA Draft Vol 1 

Post#973 » by the_process » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:23 pm

skulky wrote:None of that is new for Edwards though, he’s like a walking red flag. He has the body and athleticism, but not much else. Seems like a poor man’s wiggins like best case scenario.


A poor man's Wiggins?!? Yikes. That might not even be a 1st rounder.

I have no opinion on this draft other than I hope Saddiq Bey drops to 21.
Kobblehead
RealGM
Posts: 31,020
And1: 12,914
Joined: Apr 15, 2010
 

Re: 2019-2020 College BBall/2020 NBA Draft Vol 1 

Post#974 » by Kobblehead » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:13 pm

I'm kind of surprised everyone seems to agree about Edwards and be on the same page about him.
kriss73
Starter
Posts: 2,365
And1: 1,292
Joined: Jul 25, 2015
       

Re: 2019-2020 College BBall/2020 NBA Draft Vol 1 

Post#975 » by kriss73 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:20 pm

Read on Twitter
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
Posts: 30,868
And1: 13,021
Joined: Jan 25, 2005

Re: 2019-2020 College BBall/2020 NBA Draft Vol 1 

Post#976 » by Sixerscan » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:23 pm

kriss73 wrote:
Read on Twitter

He’ll be a Sixer if he doesn’t go in the lottery
kriss73
Starter
Posts: 2,365
And1: 1,292
Joined: Jul 25, 2015
       

Re: 2019-2020 College BBall/2020 NBA Draft Vol 1 

Post#977 » by kriss73 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:27 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
kriss73 wrote:
Read on Twitter

He’ll be a Sixer if he doesn’t go in the lottery


Yeah...we're playing cards as usual in the pre-draft process.... LOL
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."
User avatar
Sixersftw
RealGM
Posts: 14,045
And1: 4,734
Joined: Dec 23, 2006
       

Re: 2019-2020 College BBall/2020 NBA Draft Vol 1 

Post#978 » by Sixersftw » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:08 pm

kriss73 wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:
kriss73 wrote:
Read on Twitter

He’ll be a Sixer if he doesn’t go in the lottery


Yeah...we're playing cards as usual in the pre-draft process.... LOL

I wonder what Boston can squeeze out of old EB this year?
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
User avatar
stormi
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,538
And1: 1,098
Joined: Jun 04, 2019
Location: howdy
     

Re: 2019-2020 College BBall/2020 NBA Draft Vol 1 

Post#979 » by stormi » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:29 pm

kriss73 wrote:
Read on Twitter


PLEASEEEEEEE
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 44,693
And1: 9,207
Joined: Feb 07, 2005
Location: Parts Unknown
   

Re: 2019-2020 College BBall/2020 NBA Draft Vol 1 

Post#980 » by Stanford » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:43 pm

Tyrese Haliburton looks like a top 5 guy to me. Why isn't he being mocked there?
Image

Return to Philadelphia 76ers