Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,624

Re: Butler Trade Breakout 

Post#81 » by AirP. » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:27 pm

Ben wrote:
AirP. wrote:
VDT wrote:Btw there is still the possibility that the Butler trade falls through and he signs with the Lakers/Clippers and we get nothing.

That'll be worse for the 76ers, might have to try to trade with Houston and get Gordon or Tucker. Getting something on a value contract is better than nothing.

No way, that trade can't possibly not happen just because of Derrick Jones Jr. Heat HAVE to be able to find a different facilitator. Why? Because I was just getting my head around the Butler trade and the Sixers with Jrich and Horford. They wouldn't do me like that a second time.

Butler's not coming back, the question is, what can the 76ers still get. Richardson is a solid player to get for letting Butler go, PJ Tucker or Gordon would be a gets also. Gordon would make it tough to add 1 more player though.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,420

Post#82 » by Eyeamok » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:28 pm

z
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
smittybanton
Sixth Man
And1: 398

Post#83 » by smittybanton » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:29 pm

Heyyyyyy Everybody. Philadelphia. Seventy-Sixers.
fl311
Senior
And1: 1,182

Post#84 » by fl311 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:29 pm

AirP. wrote:
USWAY wrote:
AirP. wrote: No way can you play Embiid and Horford at the same time in the playoffs in this new era of basketball.

**Turns on the 2019 NBA finals and watches Gasol and Ibaka dominate GS's front court**

Ibaka's not even 30, Horford's currently 33 and Ibaka is a more athletic player.

JFC.

Horford is a much better player than Ibaka, regardless of age.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#85 » by AirP. » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:30 pm

fl311 wrote:
AirP. wrote:
USWAY wrote:**Turns on the 2019 NBA finals and watches Gasol and Ibaka dominate GS's front court**

Ibaka's not even 30, Horford's currently 33 and Ibaka is a more athletic player.

JFC.

Horford is the better center, not so sure the better player at PF.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,420

Post#86 » by Eyeamok » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:32 pm

AirP. wrote:
USWAY wrote:
AirP. wrote: No way can you play Embiid and Horford at the same time in the playoffs in this new era of basketball.

**Turns on the 2019 NBA finals and watches Gasol and Ibaka dominate GS's front court**

Everyone knows Ibaka is at least 45 years old. It's common knowledge.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Ben
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,844

Post#87 » by Ben » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:32 pm

AirP. wrote:
Ben wrote:
AirP. wrote:That'll be worse for the 76ers, might have to try to trade with Houston and get Gordon or Tucker. Getting something on a value contract is better than nothing.

No way, that trade can't possibly not happen just because of Derrick Jones Jr. Heat HAVE to be able to find a different facilitator. Why? Because I was just getting my head around the Butler trade and the Sixers with Jrich and Horford. They wouldn't do me like that a second time.

Butler's not coming back, the question is, what can the 76ers still get. Richardson is a solid player, PJ Tucker or Gordon would be a solid player too.

Right, of course I get that he's not coming back, but I don't want to get my head around another trade. Tucker is old and meh-- quite nice as a cheap FA bench signing but not as a Butler replacement-- and Gordon is not the guy the Sixers need. He's past 30, in decline since his "6th Man" season, and doesn't play D. I would much rather have Capela and, say, DLo (since this is all part of a hypothetical scenario)-- S&T'ed for Gordon and assets.

This is just not going to happen. Miami wants Jimmy and he wants them. Riley would look SOOOO bad to future FAs for making his big pitch and then dropping the guy because of haggling details.
fl311
Senior
And1: 1,182

Post#88 » by fl311 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:32 pm

AirP. wrote:
fl311 wrote:
AirP. wrote:Ibaka's not even 30, Horford's currently 33 and Ibaka is a more athletic player.

JFC.

Horford is the better center, not so sure the better player at PF.

Umm, Ibaka is a Center too.

Have you seen Horford play D vs Giannis? He can play the 4
USWAY
Sixth Man
And1: 1,140

Post#89 » by USWAY » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:33 pm

fl311 wrote:
AirP. wrote:
USWAY wrote:**Turns on the 2019 NBA finals and watches Gasol and Ibaka dominate GS's front court**

JFC.

Better defender, shooter, passer. And tbh he moves just as well as Ibaka. Ibaka basically adjusted his game as he got older to become a poor man's Horford.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,050

Post#90 » by Sixerscan » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:35 pm

USWAY wrote:
fl311 wrote:
AirP. wrote:Ibaka's not even 30, Horford's currently 33 and Ibaka is a more athletic player.

JFC.

Better defender, shooter, passer. And tbh he moves just as well as Ibaka. Ibaka basically adjusted his game as he got older to become a poor man's Horford.

Comparing the mobility of Embiid versus mummy Gasol seems like a factor here also...
AirP.
RealGM

Post#91 » by AirP. » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:36 pm

Ben wrote:This is just not going to happen. Miami wants Jimmy and he wants them. Riley would look SOOOO bad to future FAs for making his big pitch and then dropping the guy because of haggling details.

That's how it happened last year with Miami and Minnesota, Riley even went to the press to get Minnesota to try to not give up as much for Butler. I do believe Riley will give in this year.
eagereyez
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,462

Post#92 » by eagereyez » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:37 pm

USWAY wrote:

Gasol and Ibaka didnt have a 6'10 Shaq playing PG for them.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using RealGM mobile app
USWAY
Sixth Man
And1: 1,140

Post#93 » by USWAY » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:39 pm

eagereyez wrote:
USWAY wrote:

Gasol and Ibaka didnt have a 6'10 Shaq playing PG for them.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using RealGM mobile app

Because Pascal Siakam didn't shoot 27% from 3 in the playoffs and 19% in the Warriors series. :roll:
AirP.
RealGM

Post#94 » by AirP. » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:41 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
USWAY wrote:
fl311 wrote:
JFC.

Comparing the mobility of Embiid versus mummy Gasol seems like a factor here also...

Sure, Gasol dropped off the last few years, then again he's 2 years older then Horford. All I'm saying is Horford will have a hard time covering PFs and as he ages... 33, 34, 35, 36 I just don't see him playing PF all that much, at some point he's an expensive backup C if Embiid is still on the roster.
Ben
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#95 » by Ben » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:44 pm

AirP. wrote:
Ben wrote:This is just not going to happen. Miami wants Jimmy and he wants them. Riley would look SOOOO bad to future FAs for making his big pitch and then dropping the guy because of haggling details.

That's how it happened last year with Miami and Minnesota, Riley even went to the press to get Minnesota to try to not give up as much for Butler. I do believe Riley will give in this year.

But Butler to Miami wasn't announced as a done deal back then.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#96 » by AirP. » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:48 pm

Ben wrote:
AirP. wrote:

Right, Riley thought it was a done deal and then Thibs pulled out of the deal(the talk of Riley slamming the phone down and calling Thibs a curse word). I do wonder if Riley is causing issues in hopes of some type of extra compensation like a draft pick to put Jones in the trade.
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#97 » by VDT » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:52 pm

We will see i guess but to me trading for Butler never really made sense for Miami imo. If the Heat need to give additional assets to complete the trade it will make even less sense.
Ben
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#98 » by Ben » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:52 pm

AirP. wrote:
Ben wrote:
AirP. wrote:That's how it happened last year with Miami and Minnesota, Riley even went to the press to get Minnesota to try to not give up as much for Butler. I do believe Riley will give in this year.

Right, Riley thought it was a done deal and then Thibs pulled out of the deal(the talk of Riley slamming the phone down and calling Thibs a curse word). I do wonder if Riley is causing issues in hopes of some type of extra compensation like a draft pick to put Jones in the trade.

If so, he's gone too far this time because it was already announced and Butler and his entourage have already been celebrating all night. Riley would look terrible to others. Obviously anything can happen, and I could be wrong about this, but I would bet good money that Miami finds a way to facilitate this.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,050

Post#99 » by Sixerscan » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:56 pm

AirP. wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:
USWAY wrote:Better defender, shooter, passer. And tbh he moves just as well as Ibaka. Ibaka basically adjusted his game as he got older to become a poor man's Horford.

Sure, Gasol dropped off the last few years, then again he's 2 years older then Horford. All I'm saying is Horford will have a hard time covering PFs and as he ages... 33, 34, 35, 36 I just don't see him playing PF all that much, at some point he's an expensive backup C if Embiid is still on the roster.

He’ll definitely slow down. I’ve never seen someone slotted at power forward that Embiid can’t turn into an elite defense though. Well I guess Okafor. But if he can do it with Saric and Muscala and Trevor Booker and so on I’m pretty sure him and Horford will figure it out even as Horford ages, especially with good defenders around them.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,714

Post#100 » by phillynative » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:56 pm

Hell nah dont want no damn pj and Gordon now. Unless we can flip them somewhere.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers