ImageImageImage

Welcome Josh Richardson

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, CoreyGallagher, Sixerscan, Foshan

tsmith
Bench Warmer
And1: 750

Re: Welcome Josh Richardson 

Post#81 » by tsmith » Sun Jul 7, 2019 4:15 am

LloydFree wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:
LloydFree wrote:I'm telling you. Brand getting Richardson is a master stroke. He's is so under-rated it's criminal. And with him alongside Simmons in defensive transition, he's going to become a fan favorite instantly.

He is prob a top 50 player in the league. Our whole starting lineup might be.

He was #67 coming into last season. I thought he should have been higher.

https://es.pn/2x8zhb9

"...what Richardson did best goes beyond the box score. According to Second Spectrum research, opposing players shot 41.6 percent when Richardson was the closest defender, tied for fifth best among 100 players to defend at least 700 shots last season. The only players with a lower percentage? Anthony Davis, Joel Embiid, Al Horford and Ben Simmons..."

That is genuinely insane that we have four of those players. Insane.
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,143

Post#82 » by sixerswillrule » Mon Jul 8, 2019 7:56 pm

Another thing to think about is he hasn't played with anyone who draws anything close to the level of attention as Embiid on offense. He could thrive off that.
Arsenal
General Manager
And1: 4,133

Post#83 » by Arsenal » Mon Jul 8, 2019 11:45 pm

sixerswillrule wrote:Another thing to think about is he hasn't played with anyone who draws anything close to the level of attention as Embiid on offense. He could thrive off that.

I think he could see the most clean looks he's ever seen as our primary perimeter scorer on the "Embiid Unit".

PG Neto
SG Richardson
SF Thybulle
PF Scott
CE Embiid

Let him run P&R with Embiid with the other 3 guys spacing the floor. Dump off to Embiid in the post as a fall back option.
#ThankYouSam | #TrustTheProcess
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 11,316

Post#84 » by Kobblehead » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:53 pm

Richardson on NBC6 South Florida, via NBC Sports Philadelphia:

Honestly, when I come back here, I want to kill the Heat. I want to beat them by 20. That’s just how I’m built. But if I was on the Heat, I would want to beat Philly by 50.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 8,906
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#85 » by LloydFree » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:16 am

Most have probably already seen it, but this is an article from last season on Josh Richardson...

I know Miami was capped out and wanted a "Star" but I think they made a mistake moving Richardson for Butler.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/2/28/18243586/josh-richardson-miami-heat-feature

Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
snoopdogg88
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,883

Post#86 » by snoopdogg88 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:39 pm

I like Josh quite a bit and think he will fit in nicely here, but no team should ever regret swapping him for Jimmy Butler. People are getting a little overly optimistic with their expectations of him.

This is a star driven league. Josh is a very solid role player. Every team would be happy to have him. But Miami won this deal easily.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 11,316

Post#87 » by Kobblehead » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:57 pm

snoopdogg88 wrote:But Miami won this deal easily.

How he holds up on that extension and the team success of the Heat during his tenure will determine that.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 4,809

Post#88 » by Negrodamus » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:30 pm

snoopdogg88 wrote:I like Josh quite a bit and think he will fit in nicely here, but no team should ever regret swapping him for Jimmy Butler. People are getting a little overly optimistic with their expectations of him.

This is a star driven league. Josh is a very solid role player. Every team would be happy to have him. But Miami won this deal easily.

Or it could just delay a rebuild. Jimmy will have to start showing things he hasn't yet shown before in his career for them to be a legitimate contender.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 8,906
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#89 » by LloydFree » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:40 pm

Kobblehead wrote:
snoopdogg88 wrote:But Miami won this deal easily.

How he holds up on that extension and the team success of the Heat during his tenure will determine that.

Jimmy Butler is the most over-rated so-called "Star" in the NBA. Cant play off-ball, isn't a good shooter, his defense has fallen off a cliff. He's already a 65 game per year player at 29. There is a no chance that contract holds up. I'm so glad Brand didn't let people back him into that ridiculous extension.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down

Return to Philadelphia 76ers