ImageImageImage

Welcome Al Horford(?!?)

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, CoreyGallagher, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 9,004
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Re: Welcome Al Horford(?!?) 

Post#181 » by LloydFree » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:22 am

Aussiepiston1 wrote:I think it was either JJ Redick, Jimmy and Horford or Harris, J rich and Horford cause there's no way Jimmy and Harris were gonna play together

I don't think the JJ Redick, Jimmy and Horford combo was possible. JJ Redick and Jimmy Butler's capholds were too high and filled up too much capspace to afford anyone over 20 million per.. I think the plan was Horford, Harris and Richardson OR Horford, Harris and Redick.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 11,957

Post#182 » by Sixerscan » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:49 pm

Yeah id say it was either Redick or Richardson.

Personally I still think the best version of the team would have been last years starters + the bench we have now but with an MLE guard instead of Neto or Burke, but I’ll admit that there may have been financial or personal reasons that may have not been realistic. Current group is better than the one that ended the season which is really what matters.
agiaco
Veteran
And1: 715

Post#183 » by agiaco » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:03 pm

Sixerscan wrote:Yeah id say it was either Redick or Richardson.

Personally I still think the best version of the team would have been last years starters + the bench we have now but with an MLE guard instead of Neto or Burke, but I’ll admit that there may have been financial or personal reasons that may have not been realistic. Current group is better than the one that ended the season which is really what matters.

I think the upgrade at SG will be most notable. JJ was relied on too much on offense and his defense was not good. Richardson will really be a nice change.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 12,765

Post#184 » by 76ciology » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:09 pm

Al Horford’s mid range shooting numbers is elite. He made 2 3s per game on 40% 3pt% in the playoffs.

In terms of spacing, Al Horford’s spacing is a huge upgrade compared to Jimmy.

Sure he averaged only 13ppg. But the spacing he brings on offense and being a reliable back-up C for Embiid is huge.
Twitter: Pjeffersonlim| S i x e r s |
¨Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.¨
- Marcus Aurelius
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 9,004
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#185 » by LloydFree » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:48 pm

76ciology wrote:Al Horford’s mid range shooting numbers is elite. He made 2 3s per game on 40% 3pt% in the playoffs.

In terms of spacing, Al Horford’s spacing is a huge upgrade compared to Jimmy.

Sure he averaged only 13ppg. But the spacing he brings on offense and being a reliable back-up C for Embiid is huge.

Even though Horford is a better shooter and more likely to attempt a catch-and-shoot 3 than Butler, I don't think Horford can be viewed as a "floor spacer". He can make the 3, but he isn't so consistent that teams feel the need to guard him out there and stretch their defense.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,172

Post#186 » by sixerswillrule » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:58 pm

Yeah it's kind of odd comparing Horford and Jimmy - the starting lineup is really huge.

Horford is much more willing to catch and shoot.

16% of Jimmy's shots last season were catch and shoot jumpers

48% of Horford's shots last season were catch and shoot jumpers
MVP1992
Junior
And1: 112

Post#187 » by MVP1992 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:04 am

sixerswillrule wrote:Yeah it's kind of odd comparing Horford and Jimmy - the starting lineup is really huge.

Horford is much more willing to catch and shoot.

16% of Jimmy's shots last season were catch and shoot jumpers

48% of Horford's shots last season were catch and shoot jumpers

What % of Jimmy's shots were squandered no lift in the legs layups and half drives going nowhere?

Seemed quite high as I recall whilst face palming throughout the finals series. :noway:

Return to Philadelphia 76ers