ImageImageImage

Welcome Al Horford(?!?)

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, CoreyGallagher, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

User avatar
Context
RealGM
Posts: 21,067
And1: 6,295
Joined: Jul 06, 2005
Location: not the circus!
 

Re: Welcome Al Horford(?!?) 

Post#141 » by Context » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:08 pm

BigRedDog wrote:
Context wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:After all the craziness the 76ers have gone thru...the Hinkie exxperiment... the embiid foot... the fultz "shoulder"..the simmons jumper.... butler's general demeanor...is dario coming over? okafor nutcase self... noel nutcase self...the coleangelo mess etc... i mean what a wild team to follow the last ~5 years

how nice will it be as a Philly fan to just have a player that has no flaws in his game, no issues with maturity, no massive health problems, etc... Horford is as solid as they come.

And his defense on Giannis in the playoffs alone makes him such an intriguing piece for you guys...

Will be betting on the 76ers to win the Ship this year for certain

to the bold:
Image

I only wished that the knicks had hinkie 7 years ago...I was lurking through on other business :lol:
and I came across what seemed to be blatant disrespect and slander to hinkies name...The foundation of where
the 6ers are now is because of hinkie....



Im a hinkie disciple and was one of his biggest advocates in the entire world. actually spent more time following the 76ers than the hornets during that period since it was more fun. it was still a wild experiment and a defining part of the 76ers legacy. And Horforf is the exact opposoite of that. He's more like hte final piece. The epitome of balance and the exact opposite of what the 76ers have been through for the last ~6-7 seasons while putting up with nutbars like okafor, fultz,noel, etc...wildly talented but incomplete players like simmons, injury prone generational talents like embiid...

I mean its easy ot forget this now but there were guys here defending MCW and okafor to the death... look it up

no one knows how hinkie would have finished the cake...therefore, we cant say if he would have added Horford to this team...
and since you say you were a hinkie disciple...how could you make reference to him as "a crazy experiment". He was a GM who
took GMing to another level...and now the guy is not here and everyone is benefiting off the foundation that he courageously built...so is life...
“The kid can play,” Robinson said of Barrett“He goes at everybody strong. If he’s a rookie, and he’s doing that, I think he’ll have a great career ahead of him.”
BigRedDog
Junior
Posts: 260
And1: 213
Joined: Jul 21, 2019
 

Re: Welcome Al Horford(?!?) 

Post#142 » by BigRedDog » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:12 pm

Context wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
Context wrote:to the bold:
Image

I only wished that the knicks had hinkie 7 years ago...I was lurking through on other business :lol:
and I came across what seemed to be blatant disrespect and slander to hinkies name...The foundation of where
the 6ers are now is because of hinkie....



Im a hinkie disciple and was one of his biggest advocates in the entire world. actually spent more time following the 76ers than the hornets during that period since it was more fun. it was still a wild experiment and a defining part of the 76ers legacy. And Horforf is the exact opposoite of that. He's more like hte final piece. The epitome of balance and the exact opposite of what the 76ers have been through for the last ~6-7 seasons while putting up with nutbars like okafor, fultz,noel, etc...wildly talented but incomplete players like simmons, injury prone generational talents like embiid...

I mean its easy ot forget this now but there were guys here defending MCW and okafor to the death... look it up

no one knows how hinkie would have finished the cake...therefore, we cant say if he would have added Horford to this team...
and since you say you were a hinkie disciple...how could you make reference to him as "a crazy experiment". He was a GM who
took GMing to another level...and now the guy is not here and everyone is benefiting off the foundation that he courageously built...so is life...


right. and if the search function worked here id find the threads where everyone said he'd be fired before the 76ers were given a chance to compete under his foundation. That was pretty lear. ANd thats why it was crazy. He made himself a sacrificial lamb and got himself blackballed from the league for his troubles. He was too smart for his own good. He didnt realize he was making a ockery of the league and rubbing everyone's nose in it because he wanted everyone to know how smart he was. if he'd been a little less smug, scorched earth, and LOUD about what he was doing he'd be gainfully employed as a general manager of the likely favorite to to win the NBA title this year.
User avatar
Context
RealGM
Posts: 21,067
And1: 6,295
Joined: Jul 06, 2005
Location: not the circus!
 

Re: Welcome Al Horford(?!?) 

Post#143 » by Context » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:22 pm

BigRedDog wrote:
Context wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:

Im a hinkie disciple and was one of his biggest advocates in the entire world. actually spent more time following the 76ers than the hornets during that period since it was more fun. it was still a wild experiment and a defining part of the 76ers legacy. And Horforf is the exact opposoite of that. He's more like hte final piece. The epitome of balance and the exact opposite of what the 76ers have been through for the last ~6-7 seasons while putting up with nutbars like okafor, fultz,noel, etc...wildly talented but incomplete players like simmons, injury prone generational talents like embiid...

I mean its easy ot forget this now but there were guys here defending MCW and okafor to the death... look it up

no one knows how hinkie would have finished the cake...therefore, we cant say if he would have added Horford to this team...
and since you say you were a hinkie disciple...how could you make reference to him as "a crazy experiment". He was a GM who
took GMing to another level...and now the guy is not here and everyone is benefiting off the foundation that he courageously built...so is life...


right. and if the search function worked here id find the threads where everyone said he'd be fired before the 76ers were given a chance to compete under his foundation. That was pretty lear. ANd thats why it was crazy. He made himself a sacrificial lamb and got himself blackballed from the league for his troubles. He was too smart for his own good. He didnt realize he was making a ockery of the league and rubbing everyone's nose in it because he wanted everyone to know how smart he was. if he'd been a little less smug, scorched earth, and LOUD about what he was doing he'd be gainfully employed as a general manager of the likely favorite to to win the NBA title this year.

whats your point here? are you saying hinkie was a GM genius but those were crazy times because of what happened to him?
“The kid can play,” Robinson said of Barrett“He goes at everybody strong. If he’s a rookie, and he’s doing that, I think he’ll have a great career ahead of him.”
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
Posts: 29,546
And1: 11,956
Joined: Jan 25, 2005

Re: Welcome Al Horford(?!?) 

Post#144 » by Sixerscan » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:39 pm

BigRedDog wrote:
Context wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:

Im a hinkie disciple and was one of his biggest advocates in the entire world. actually spent more time following the 76ers than the hornets during that period since it was more fun. it was still a wild experiment and a defining part of the 76ers legacy. And Horforf is the exact opposoite of that. He's more like hte final piece. The epitome of balance and the exact opposite of what the 76ers have been through for the last ~6-7 seasons while putting up with nutbars like okafor, fultz,noel, etc...wildly talented but incomplete players like simmons, injury prone generational talents like embiid...

I mean its easy ot forget this now but there were guys here defending MCW and okafor to the death... look it up

no one knows how hinkie would have finished the cake...therefore, we cant say if he would have added Horford to this team...
and since you say you were a hinkie disciple...how could you make reference to him as "a crazy experiment". He was a GM who
took GMing to another level...and now the guy is not here and everyone is benefiting off the foundation that he courageously built...so is life...


right. and if the search function worked here id find the threads where everyone said he'd be fired before the 76ers were given a chance to compete under his foundation. That was pretty lear. ANd thats why it was crazy. He made himself a sacrificial lamb and got himself blackballed from the league for his troubles. He was too smart for his own good. He didnt realize he was making a ockery of the league and rubbing everyone's nose in it because he wanted everyone to know how smart he was. if he'd been a little less smug, scorched earth, and LOUD about what he was doing he'd be gainfully employed as a general manager of the likely favorite to to win the NBA title this year.


I think you would find fewer public examples of him doing stuff like that than you seem to think.
XtremeDunkz
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,505
And1: 3,685
Joined: Mar 08, 2012
       

Re: Welcome Al Horford(?!?) 

Post#145 » by XtremeDunkz » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:43 pm

Without Hinkie we are probably looking at a Holiday, Myles Turner, Otto Porter core.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
User avatar
Context
RealGM
Posts: 21,067
And1: 6,295
Joined: Jul 06, 2005
Location: not the circus!
 

Re: Welcome Al Horford(?!?) 

Post#146 » by Context » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:45 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
Context wrote:no one knows how hinkie would have finished the cake...therefore, we cant say if he would have added Horford to this team...
and since you say you were a hinkie disciple...how could you make reference to him as "a crazy experiment". He was a GM who
took GMing to another level...and now the guy is not here and everyone is benefiting off the foundation that he courageously built...so is life...


right. and if the search function worked here id find the threads where everyone said he'd be fired before the 76ers were given a chance to compete under his foundation. That was pretty lear. ANd thats why it was crazy. He made himself a sacrificial lamb and got himself blackballed from the league for his troubles. He was too smart for his own good. He didnt realize he was making a ockery of the league and rubbing everyone's nose in it because he wanted everyone to know how smart he was. if he'd been a little less smug, scorched earth, and LOUD about what he was doing he'd be gainfully employed as a general manager of the likely favorite to to win the NBA title this year.


I think you would find fewer public examples of him doing stuff like that than you seem to think.

honestly - I didnt know what he was talking about there...point of views like that always annoy me...how do you
assume something like that about a person...Especially when you dont know him personally...
“The kid can play,” Robinson said of Barrett“He goes at everybody strong. If he’s a rookie, and he’s doing that, I think he’ll have a great career ahead of him.”
Eyeamok
Veteran
Posts: 2,757
And1: 1,237
Joined: Mar 02, 2006

Re: Welcome Al Horford(?!?) 

Post#147 » by Eyeamok » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:05 pm

Context wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
right. and if the search function worked here id find the threads where everyone said he'd be fired before the 76ers were given a chance to compete under his foundation. That was pretty lear. ANd thats why it was crazy. He made himself a sacrificial lamb and got himself blackballed from the league for his troubles. He was too smart for his own good. He didnt realize he was making a ockery of the league and rubbing everyone's nose in it because he wanted everyone to know how smart he was. if he'd been a little less smug, scorched earth, and LOUD about what he was doing he'd be gainfully employed as a general manager of the likely favorite to to win the NBA title this year.


I think you would find fewer public examples of him doing stuff like that than you seem to think.

honestly - I didnt know what he was talking about there...point of views like that always annoy me...how do you
assume something like that about a person...Especially when you dont know him personally...


The media painted most of this idea about Hinkie being smug and thinking he was smarter than everyone else, because Hinkie would not give them anything. Quotes stories etc. Nothing. You never knew what was happening in Philly until it happened. Which is probably maddening to so many reporters who claim to have sources and want exclusives. Hinkie ran a tight tight ship and almost nothing slipped out. Which forced reporters and the media to make up and come to their own conclusions.
You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo

“People fear what they don't understand and hate what they can't conquer.”

Andrew Smith
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
Posts: 29,546
And1: 11,956
Joined: Jan 25, 2005

Re: Welcome Al Horford(?!?) 

Post#148 » by Sixerscan » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:12 pm

Eyeamok wrote:
Context wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:
I think you would find fewer public examples of him doing stuff like that than you seem to think.

honestly - I didnt know what he was talking about there...point of views like that always annoy me...how do you
assume something like that about a person...Especially when you dont know him personally...


The media painted most of this idea about Hinkie being smug and thinking he was smarter than everyone else, because Hinkie would not give them anything. Quotes stories etc. Nothing. You never knew what was happening in Philly until it happened. Which is probably maddening to so many reporters who claim to have sources and want exclusives. Hinkie ran a tight tight ship and almost nothing slipped out. Which forced reporters and the media to make up and come to their own conclusions.


Right yeah, if you want to paint him as smug or aloof because he refused to talk to the media, that’s more fair I guess. I do think he could have handled the media relations better, and apparently he wasn’t great at interacting with other teams (then again, it’s not surprising that someone who was a gm for less than 3 years wasn’t perfect yet. Generally guys get more time than that).

But I see these people acting like he was going around talking about how smart he was and I really wonder where they got that. Maybe they read articles or posts from other people saying that and they attributed it to him for some reason?
rzzzzz
Veteran
Posts: 2,526
And1: 705
Joined: Feb 21, 2015
 

Re: Welcome Al Horford(?!?) 

Post#149 » by rzzzzz » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:15 pm

do folks realize that all that time Hinkie was tanking, the Lakers were doing the same thing, and acquired just as many choice draft slots? did Silver feel the need to step in with the dysfunctional Buss family? there were others. Harris was smart enough to offer Sam the chance to be bold, after the Collin's fiasco. but he was too chicken to tell Adam where he could put it, like just about any other NBA owner would have. we'll never know how Sam would have finished things up right after they turned the corner. (we know he almost had OK4 traded, and surely would have done no worse a job with Noel, let alone that whole slew of late firsts, 2nd rounders he collected.)

but right now, i'm pleasantly surprised with Elton. no guarantees, but no doubt about his win now strategy.
Kobblehead
RealGM
Posts: 26,504
And1: 11,342
Joined: Apr 15, 2010
 

Re: Welcome Al Horford(?!?) 

Post#150 » by Kobblehead » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:23 pm

So what's the plan for Al Horford? 10-12 minutes playing next to Embiid and then 10-12 minutes at the 5 when Embiid sits?
Eyeamok
Veteran
Posts: 2,757
And1: 1,237
Joined: Mar 02, 2006

Re: Welcome Al Horford(?!?) 

Post#151 » by Eyeamok » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:06 pm

rzzzzz wrote:do folks realize that all that time Hinkie was tanking, the Lakers were doing the same thing, and acquired just as many choice draft slots? did Silver feel the need to step in with the dysfunctional Buss family? there were others. Harris was smart enough to offer Sam the chance to be bold, after the Collin's fiasco. but he was too chicken to tell Adam where he could put it, like just about any other NBA owner would have. we'll never know how Sam would have finished things up right after they turned the corner. (we know he almost had OK4 traded, and surely would have done no worse a job with Noel, let alone that whole slew of late firsts, 2nd rounders he collected.)

but right now, i'm pleasantly surprised with Elton. no guarantees, but no doubt about his win now strategy.


In defense of Harris he was new. One major mistake had already been made. And it seemed like another one was being made with Hinkie. I am sure he was getting a lot of chatter in his ear from many sides, other owners included. The Lakers had family history on their side. So they had/have the appearance of looking like they knew what they were doing. And Adam came to him as "Hey I am here to help you!" Being new, your only in the media because you are losing at such an amazing rate, everyone saying this strategy is crazy. It's easy why he viewed Silver as a lifeline.
You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo

“People fear what they don't understand and hate what they can't conquer.”

Andrew Smith
User avatar
Context
RealGM
Posts: 21,067
And1: 6,295
Joined: Jul 06, 2005
Location: not the circus!
 

Re: Welcome Al Horford(?!?) 

Post#152 » by Context » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:18 pm

Eyeamok wrote:
Context wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:
I think you would find fewer public examples of him doing stuff like that than you seem to think.

honestly - I didnt know what he was talking about there...point of views like that always annoy me...how do you
assume something like that about a person...Especially when you dont know him personally...


The media painted most of this idea about Hinkie being smug and thinking he was smarter than everyone else, because Hinkie would not give them anything. Quotes stories etc. Nothing. You never knew what was happening in Philly until it happened. Which is probably maddening to so many reporters who claim to have sources and want exclusives. Hinkie ran a tight tight ship and almost nothing slipped out. Which forced reporters and the media to make up and come to their own conclusions.

Ahhhh...such as life...thank you for that info...
“The kid can play,” Robinson said of Barrett“He goes at everybody strong. If he’s a rookie, and he’s doing that, I think he’ll have a great career ahead of him.”
LloydFree
RealGM
Posts: 12,964
And1: 8,999
Joined: Aug 20, 2012
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Re: Welcome Al Horford(?!?) 

Post#153 » by LloydFree » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:48 pm

Kobblehead wrote:So what's the plan for Al Horford? 10-12 minutes playing next to Embiid and then 10-12 minutes at the 5 when Embiid sits?

I'd say it's more like 10-12 minutes with Embiid, 16 minutes at the 5 in the games they both play, and 30 minutes at the 5 in Embiid's Load Management games
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
rzzzzz
Veteran
Posts: 2,526
And1: 705
Joined: Feb 21, 2015
 

Re: Welcome Al Horford(?!?) 

Post#154 » by rzzzzz » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:28 pm

Eyeamok wrote:In defense of Harris he was new. One major mistake had already been made. And it seemed like another one was being made with Hinkie.


what was going on is that Embiid's original surgery (done prior to the draft) was not successful. (really curious as to what kind of discussions were going on between Harris and Hinkie prior to the OK4 vs Zinger decision.) and then there were all those hatchet job stories about Biid (repeated by our own local press) about how terrible he was, that came out AFTER his brother had died. followed by the spat of OK4 incidents. that probably was when that blood sucking Silver swooped in. as Sam was supplying max support for Biid, consulting all the right medical people, making the difficult, but ultimately correct decision on which procedure, and especially giving the young man support when he nearly packed his bags and went home, Silver and the Jerry got their hooks in. but they surely couldn't have done that to Cuban or Riley or Danny, etc. Harris didn't have the confidence to stick with the process, even as Sam was still filling the cupboard with picks and swaps, etc. fortunately, despite Bryan's impotence, we still had just enough onboard for Elton to make some deals that at least have us in a position of realistic contention.
Eyeamok
Veteran
Posts: 2,757
And1: 1,237
Joined: Mar 02, 2006

Re: Welcome Al Horford(?!?) 

Post#155 » by Eyeamok » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:05 pm

rzzzzz wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:In defense of Harris he was new. One major mistake had already been made. And it seemed like another one was being made with Hinkie.


what was going on is that Embiid's original surgery (done prior to the draft) was not successful. (really curious as to what kind of discussions were going on between Harris and Hinkie prior to the OK4 vs Zinger decision.) and then there were all those hatchet job stories about Biid (repeated by our own local press) about how terrible he was, that came out AFTER his brother had died. followed by the spat of OK4 incidents. that probably was when that blood sucking Silver swooped in. as Sam was supplying max support for Biid, consulting all the right medical people, making the difficult, but ultimately correct decision on which procedure, and especially giving the young man support when he nearly packed his bags and went home, Silver and the Jerry got their hooks in. but they surely couldn't have done that to Cuban or Riley or Danny, etc. Harris didn't have the confidence to stick with the process, even as Sam was still filling the cupboard with picks and swaps, etc. fortunately, despite Bryan's impotence, we still had just enough onboard for Elton to make some deals that at least have us in a position of realistic contention.


Damn man you just brought up a lot of good memories. I never thought I could love a tanking team. But those tanking 76ers were great. They were tanking for a purpose and every fan had the chance to play GM because there were so many moving parts and there really was nothing solid you could hold onto, except Sam's vision. One season you had the rookie of the year next season he was gone. One year Embiid is supposed to come back the next he is not. Are the 76ers going to win more than 10 games in a season? lol good times.

I don't think Harris or Hinkie had any idea the ride would be that rough. And that made it easier to give into Silver. If Embiid had come back a year earlier who knows how things could have worked out.

Anyway I'm excited about this season, just another chapter in the process. And I hope Al Horford has an amazing time as a player in philly.
You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo

“People fear what they don't understand and hate what they can't conquer.”

Andrew Smith
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
Posts: 9,594
And1: 8,643
Joined: Jan 16, 2014

Re: Welcome Al Horford(?!?) 

Post#156 » by BullyKing » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:53 pm

Eyeamok wrote:
rzzzzz wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:In defense of Harris he was new. One major mistake had already been made. And it seemed like another one was being made with Hinkie.


what was going on is that Embiid's original surgery (done prior to the draft) was not successful. (really curious as to what kind of discussions were going on between Harris and Hinkie prior to the OK4 vs Zinger decision.) and then there were all those hatchet job stories about Biid (repeated by our own local press) about how terrible he was, that came out AFTER his brother had died. followed by the spat of OK4 incidents. that probably was when that blood sucking Silver swooped in. as Sam was supplying max support for Biid, consulting all the right medical people, making the difficult, but ultimately correct decision on which procedure, and especially giving the young man support when he nearly packed his bags and went home, Silver and the Jerry got their hooks in. but they surely couldn't have done that to Cuban or Riley or Danny, etc. Harris didn't have the confidence to stick with the process, even as Sam was still filling the cupboard with picks and swaps, etc. fortunately, despite Bryan's impotence, we still had just enough onboard for Elton to make some deals that at least have us in a position of realistic contention.


Damn man you just brought up a lot of good memories. I never thought I could love a tanking team. But those tanking 76ers were great. They were tanking for a purpose and every fan had the chance to play GM because there were so many moving parts and there really was nothing solid you could hold onto, except Sam's vision. One season you had the rookie of the year next season he was gone. One year Embiid is supposed to come back the next he is not. Are the 76ers going to win more than 10 games in a season? lol good times.

I don't think Harris or Hinkie had any idea the ride would be that rough. And that made it easier to give into Silver. If Embiid had come back a year earlier who knows how things could have worked out.

Anyway I'm excited about this season, just another chapter in the process. And I hope Al Horford has an amazing time as a player in philly.


I miss following the lottery standings, flipping to a Knicks/Jazz game at the end to see if the Knicks could steal a win, etc. Sure, now we follow the standings for playoff seeding but for some reason it's not that enthralling. Rooting for a contending team is overall way more fun but there are definitely things I miss about the tank years like scouring the league for potential salary dumps.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Aussiepiston1
Rookie
Posts: 1,084
And1: 204
Joined: Mar 12, 2009
   

Re: Welcome Al Horford(?!?) 

Post#157 » by Aussiepiston1 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:28 am

It's crazy to think that even after the mistakes with Okafor, If Collargate just chose Tatum instead of Fultz and selected Shai instead of the Bridges debacle We could have had
Simmons/Shai/Covington/Tatum/Embiid with Saric off the bench plus the 14th pick this year
But somehow Brand turned it into
Simmons/Richardson/Harris/Horford/Embiid with Smith off the bench plus Thybulle who could easily have been taken 14th which is a more veteran win now Team.
rzzzzz
Veteran
Posts: 2,526
And1: 705
Joined: Feb 21, 2015
 

Re: Welcome Al Horford(?!?) 

Post#158 » by rzzzzz » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:07 pm

BullyKing wrote:I miss following the lottery standings, flipping to a Knicks/Jazz game at the end to see if the Knicks could steal a win, etc. Sure, now we follow the standings for playoff seeding but for some reason it's not that enthralling. Rooting for a contending team is overall way more fun but there are definitely things I miss about the tank years like scouring the league for potential salary dumps.


the good thing for the Philly ex-pats is that suddenly there are SO MANY games getting broadcast nationally, plus the playoffs of course. can't wait to see we how some of these young guys develop. (we contested last year, and we can be so much better.)
Wrangor
Ballboy
Posts: 23
And1: 23
Joined: Aug 02, 2016

Re: Welcome Al Horford(?!?) 

Post#159 » by Wrangor » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:06 pm

Having 2 of the top 5 post defenders in the league is going to super valuable. Additionally you have a super athletic and big backcourt to funnel shooters to the lane.

The formula is going to be pretty simple for the 76ers next year defensively. Attack shooters and force them to drive to the heart of the defense. Big men help and the rest of the team rotates to closest opposing player. Since all 5 starters can guard all 5 positions the rotations should be fairly easy particularly with a 24 sec shot clock.

It’s going to be beautiful defense to watch.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
snoopdogg88
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,663
And1: 2,892
Joined: Jun 03, 2010
       

Re: Welcome Al Horford(?!?) 

Post#160 » by snoopdogg88 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:51 pm

My biggest concern with Horford is simply his age and the amount of mileage he has on his tires.

I think people don’t realize he dealt with a knee tendinitis issue that lasted most of last season.

It’s nice to assume he’ll play 70+ games and fill in at center every time Embiid needs a game off and give him major in game rest , but if Horford has to deal with his own nagging injuries and rest games, we’re back at step 1 with Embiid.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers